Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

piddle publically, paid painful price

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

piddle publically, paid painful price

Postby abbynormal » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:29 pm

I dreamt I had an irresistible urge to pee, and I piddled in a public trough, it was in a restaurant kitchen, and from that point on, when people saw what I did, I was shunned and ridiculed endlessly, even though I tried to clean up after myself. :?
abbynormal
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: piddle publically, paid painful price

Postby DreamDiver » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:02 am

For me, dreams give an image of the true subjective state, which includes everything of which we are unconscious. If they use an aspect of what we already know about ourselves, it is only to build a bridge to what we do not know.
I’ll start with a quote from C.G. Jung, from his essay, “On the Significance of the Father in the Destiny of an Individual”:

Pressure of urine in dreams and also in the waking state is often an expression of some other pressure, for instance of fear, expectation, suppressed excitement, inability to speak, the need to express an unconscious content..."

Simply put: peeing is an act of self-expression.

I see two aspects of this dream that are worth exploration and amplification. One is that you relieve the pressure of needing to pee by peeing in public. You feel shunned and embarrassed. That latter emotion is for me the key component of the dream. It’s the emotional connection to the imagery.

Without knowing you, I could only offer a question for consideration. "Do you hold back or do you self-express too much?” For example, a woman in analysis had a very difficult time with close relationships. She considered herself well-educated, and therefore, spoke her opinion at every opportunity. There was no telling her that sometimes it is good to reserve her opinion. She dreamt that she walked into a party and every time she walked up to a group of people, instead of speaking to them, she squatted down and peed. That image struck home with her, but it may not resonate with you. I only mention it as an example of peeing in dreams.

I would also explore why the dream suggests you do this in the kitchen of the restaurant. Historically, the kitchen was the sacred center of home and the place where the hearth was. In pre-historic times, the dead were even buried under the hearth. The kitchen, as a place where all of the cooking is done, is a place of transformation. It can also be associated with stomach, which is the seat of emotions and/or passions. Passions can boil over and ruin us, or, they can inspire us to do something magnificent.

So the next question is “why a public restaurant kitchen?” You’d have to make associations strictly around that image in order to get at its meaning.

all the best...
DreamDiver
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby abbynormal » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:41 pm

i'm reminded of the Freudian quote, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." I hadda pee like a bastard, and that was my sleeping brain's best way to get me to get up and pee. the editorial part of the dream prolly hadda do with my general [social] outcast status. I seldom express my opinions around other people, except for here and FB and a few other online forums. I just mind my own business IRL. i'm a hermit living in a tin can out in the sticks with only hicks for neighbors, for the most part. it is also reflective of my largely failed working life. that is my best SWAG at it.
abbynormal
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby aussie_musician » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:02 pm

that's :lol:

have you played the Sims game ..

that's why I laugh .. cos they can pee themselves .. and then mop up after ..
WWJD.
Nehemiah 8:10 The Joy Of The Lord.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11 The Seasons Of Life.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life" - Jesus.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby abbynormal » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:05 am

never played sims, don't have room on my puter for video games. or the time to indulge in them.
abbynormal
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby aussie_musician » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:31 pm

well .. you're not missing much ..
WWJD.
Nehemiah 8:10 The Joy Of The Lord.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11 The Seasons Of Life.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life" - Jesus.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Return to General Dream Discussion