Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Hi, I'm new here.

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Hi, I'm new here.

Postby Lady Daffodil » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:42 am

I have always been fascinated by dreams, so I joined this forum so I could read about interesting dreams others have had and share mine with others and see if other people have had similar dreams. I've had some doozies, believe me! :D I just wish I could remember all of them. Sometimes I can remember dreams in glaring detail (and those I remember for the rest of my life, all I need is something to remind me of them), and other times I'm not sure if I even dreamed at all. I know I did dream because everyone does, but they just don't stay in my mind. Still others, I can remember little snatches of a dream I had but I can't quite put my finger on what it was! Very frustrating! :dummy" The ones I like the best are the ones that are so pleasant that the entire day after, I have a lingering good feeling. Does anyone else have similar dreams? Doesn't matter the subject, just something that just thinking about it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside! :heart:
Lady Daffodil
Dream Child
Dream Child

Re: Hi, I'm new here.

Postby operatormike » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:23 am

Hi Lady Daffodil,

Welcome to Dream Moods. I have been on here for many years and dreams still fascinate me.

You might start a dream log if you want to remember your dreams in better detail. A few pointers: Put it next to your bed. As soon as you wake up jot down what you remember of a dream. The longer you are awake, the less you will remember. It is best to just jot down general impressions such as green coffee can, kitchen, 3 cats, giant spider, whatever. Then go back and fill in details. When you try to compose sentences, you engage a part of your mind that is outside the dream world, the more intense you enter into the waking world , the less you are connected to the dream world.

I have gone back and re-read dreams days, months, years later. Some that I thought I remembered clearly and there were many more details in the dream log than I remembered.

There are several people on here who can help you to interpret your dreams, myself included. I am kind of a grass roots interpreter. I did not study in school. My grandma taught me a long time ago how to interpret dreams. The more I did it, the more I learned. I have probably learned more from being on this site than from books I have read on the subject. What is most interesting to me is that, more often than not, interpreters from all different disciplines and beliefs tend to find the same meaning in any given dream. Some of the dream mooders are professional psychologists, these and others have a scientific approach. Others are spiritual minded from a variety of beliefs. I am sort of a hybrid of these two. There is one guy, Varzandeh who has interpreted ancient texts. He will give you the prophetic viewpoint of dreams.

There are also games and chat rooms here. Be sure to check them out.

Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks insided, awakens! ---Carl Jung
Thank you for praying for Barack Obama. You have saved his life! Now let us pray for President Trump. Pray he is blessed with wisdom.
Uhh...PRAY HARDER!
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby Lady Daffodil » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:30 am

Hi, Mike! Although it would be interesting to see how people interpret the silly dreams I have, I'm kind of the opinion that dreams are personal and they can mean different things to different people. For instance, I just read a post by someone who had a dream about cats and kittens and that person with a "V" name that you mentioned gave a bunch of interpretations for cat dreams. None of them really applied to me. I dream about cats all the time, but only because I am a die-hard cat lover! Cat dreams just make me smile, and I doubt very strongly there are any hidden meanings in them.
Lady Daffodil
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby operatormike » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:02 am

Hi Lady Daffodil,

I love cats, too. I have three of them.

But regarding dreams, I think that there are always meanings in dreams. Often there are layers and layers of meanings. The love you have for cats is only the start. Everything in dreams are symbols. When you begin to understand them, the meanings are not hidden. Reading dreams becomes just like reading this. These squiggles on the screen are only symbols, but they are full of meaning.

Look what I said to Cat-ish about her dream.

Peace,
OM
Thank you for praying for Barack Obama. You have saved his life! Now let us pray for President Trump. Pray he is blessed with wisdom.
Uhh...PRAY HARDER!
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby aussie_musician » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:13 pm

oooh we have a daffodil here ..

what other flowers are there ???
WWJD.
Nehemiah 8:10 The Joy Of The Lord.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11 The Seasons Of Life.
my soul, shall her vigour renew
aussie_musician
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby operatormike » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:04 am

Well, there is Periwinkle. I call her Myrtle (its a colloquial thing). Myrtle is what we call periwinkle in Ohio.
Uhh...PRAY HARDER!
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Return to General Dream Discussion