Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Prom Dream - interpretation help please!

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Prom Dream - interpretation help please!

Postby barnbum92 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:53 pm

I had the strangest dream regarding prom last night and would love some insight! For reference, I'm 25 and my my sister is 21...so there's no way we'd be going to prom in real life haha, or have had prom on our minds any time recently.

So the dream starts out with my sister coming home and telling me that she wasn't going to be allowed to go to prom. For some reason, this made me feel guilty and I told her that we were going to sneak in instead. So we go into what looks like a wide open, ground-level studio apartment, and we start to get our hair and make-up ready for the prom. I dye my hair purple for the night. As I'm blow drying and straightening it, which is taking an incredibly long time despite my attempts to hurry, it's turning from purple to blue with silver streaks. But, instead of being upset by this, I'm strangely calm about this (not typical for me in RL, I'm very particular about my hair dye and become very upset if it it doesn't turn out like intended). So as we're getting ready, these boys/men ride up on horseback to the open window. The young boy in front is dressed in a tuxedo, but the men and boys behind him are dressed in stereotypical Native American garb. The boy in the tux turns to my sister and says, "Are you going to prom?" My sister replies, "Nah, decided not to go." Although this wasn't something specifically discussed in the dream, dream-self knew that this was pre-planned, so when we did turn up to prom, we could act like we were surprising everyone instead of telling everyone we were sneaking in. The boys and men then rode off.

Shortly after, we finish our hair and make up, and stuff our prom dresses into backpacks. We then leave and head to where the prom is being held, which ends up being an old church (not super out of the ordinary, my sisters and I all attended Catholic school from Kindergarten through 12th grade). We immediately go downstairs into the basement. At this point, I'm starting to feel giddy, knowing we are about to pull this off. We start helping the church ladies prepare goodie bags for the prom goers. The ladies are very strict and specific about what kind and how many candies and assorted baked goods need to go in each bag, and how they should be arranged. My sister and I roll our eyes but do as instructed. We then sneak off to a pantry closet under the guise that we needed to get more candy for the goody bags. Instead, we pull out our prom dresses, which have magically managed to not get wrinkled in our back packs, and put them on, before entering the hall where the prom was being held. The dream ends before I actually see the hall.

Normally I don't remember my dreams, but since I remembered this one sooo vividly, I was hoping to gain some insight! Thank you so much in advanced!!!
barnbum92
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Prom Dream - interpretation help please!

Postby aussie_musician » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:31 pm

did you yourself .. go to your prom ???
WWJD.
Nehemiah 8:10 The Joy Of The Lord.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11 The Seasons Of Life.
my soul, shall her vigour renew
aussie_musician
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby barnbum92 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:53 pm

I did! I went to both my junior and senior proms, and I had a really good time at both
barnbum92
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby aussie_musician » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:56 pm

and .. what happens at a "prom" ???
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby barnbum92 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:02 pm

Dancing??
barnbum92
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby aussie_musician » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:05 pm

does that mean dancing happens or does it mean that you don't know that dancing happens ???

er .. what else .. anything else ???
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Postby barnbum92 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:12 pm

Nope just dancing hahaha
barnbum92
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby aussie_musician » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:15 pm

ok ..

so .. er .. can you dance ???
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Postby barnbum92 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Not really, I have no rhythm whatsoever hahaha
barnbum92
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Pr☺m Queen Dream

Postby Superman1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:47 am

♪ You should be dancing ♪ {Bee Gees}
♪ I got rhythm ♪ {Ella Fitzgerald}
♪ I can dance ♪ {Leo Sayer}

At prom you join, or dance, with your partner, who may symbolize your other half in yourself.
So you need to prepare your thought, symbolized by hair, changing it to the highest level, as purple is the highest colour of the spectrum, straightening out your thinking. But takes a long time! So maybe your hurry makes the unwanted streaks of lesser value.
The fact you were not upset at your hair change probably means you intended it. Blue is a color down, and might mean connection, or communication, perhaps before the higher can be. You had to start at the ground level which means the reality, the lowest level. And the studio being wide open suggests a freedom or openness.
The main or front guy on a horse, in your open view - the window - can mean your independent spirit, and full self respect if a tuxedo means that. Or perhaps formality. The Indians can be your real freer nature or spiritual self.
But you were not allowed. Your sister, who is this other side of you that is guilty for not doing it, wants to be sneaky. Decides not to go. It's like you didn't discuss it, with you, but was pre-planned. So it would be a surprise if you did.
So the males rode off.
:king:
But stuffing this character in the past might be an old idea, so maybe that is why you needed to go deeper, to your basement, of where union happens, or spiritual gathering, a church may mean.
But maybe you wonder if you have the control, getting giddy.
There seems a strictness and order you roll your eyes to, how things should be arranged that might not be the real matter, it could use more sweetness to this light and goodiness.
So out comes the character to join with the other side, unwrinkled, which you want.

Must be a vivid dream in your life.
The wide open studio contrasts with the later restriction, as does the official formal dress of the boy with the Native Indians.
Maybe it's also about getting control - a guy could mean - in this important area, that could be social.
Can you see any of this relating to you?
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby barnbum92 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:50 am

Hmmmm I think so. Currently I'm in the process of moving away from home for the first time for grad school, and trying to see if it's at all plausible if my boyfriend and I can move in at the same time. I'm nervous about it. The logical side of me keeps saying that the stress of him switching jobs and me starting school again could have a negative effect on our relationship, but the more carefree side of me keeps saying to through caution to the wind and go for it. Does that make any sense?
barnbum92
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby aussie_musician » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:24 pm

it makes no sense ..

I dunno ..

phil Collins .. "I can't dance" ..

and you're moving away from home .. for the first time ???

go on .. I "dare" ya ..

:lol:
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Re: Does that make any sense?

Postby Superman1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:00 pm

I think it makes little nonesense. :geek: Or most likely would be this that is most on your mind.
Preparing yourself for independence, and starting school again can seem to fit with the prom and what was planned. And the joining with your boyfriend in all this.
Being in two minds about it, the giddiness of not having that control I suppose. Maybe feeling like you have to be sneaky if in doubt or there could be issues not straightforward, I guess. Maybe you feel you can't discuss it properly with him or you because of the unknown, or means undecided. So you want to iron out the wrinkles.
Indians are part of a tribe too, but two of those could mean two ways this can go.
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby aussie_musician » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:51 pm

all of this make no cents

:2cents:
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Return to General Dream Discussion