Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Definitely not understanding my dream

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Definitely not understanding my dream

Postby EmergingButterfly » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:36 am

Hello everyone, I'm new here. Found this site while trying to interpret a dream I had last night.

So, I was in a dark place, on another plane. A darker one, full of monsters and terrors. On a steep hillside leading to a river. I was lost. Not sure how I got there. The Grim reaper shows up. Like Charon in a wooden boat. He wasn't skeletal or anything from what I could tell, but had a scythe and the black robes. He says nothing but guides me into his boat. I was unafraid and did as he asked. We stay in this boat in the river for a while, traveling, and as things reach out to attack me he fights everything off, keeping me safe. We talk, I can't remember the details of the conversation. Eventually we reach a fan of some sort, it was his home. He helps me off his boat and shows me the way back to where I belong. I don't want to leave and beg him to allow me to stay there with him. He tells me he is death and I must go back or I will be trapped forever. I cried and pleaded to stay with him, told him I loved him and didn't want to leave. And he allows me to stay, even though it created many challenges for him as he kept the monsters at Bay.

I know dreaming of the Grimm reaper usually signifies death or an ending and in this case I am embracing the change. But it just doesn't feel right accepting that as the sole meaning. Any insight?
EmergingButterfly
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Definitely not understanding my dream

Postby operatormike » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:58 am

Dear Emerging Butterfly,

Welcome to dream moods.

It would seem that these monsters that are trying to get you might be some negative emotions that you have buried that are trying to get out into your consciousness. That or something in your life that you fear confronting, but something ugly and fearful for sure. Charon or the grim reaper seems to be your current way of dealing with it. Just floating downstream, keeping the emotions or fearful things at bay, out of your direct path of consciousness. You want to stay this way, but the dream seems to be telling you that you need to deal with this...or you will be trapped forever. The part of yourself that keeps these emotions repressed, or keeps from confronting this fearful problem is getting weary of doing so. I would say that you have reached a maturity that will allow you to deal with it in a healthy way, otherwise, why is the part of you telling you to deal with it? (go where you belong) which would mean you would have to face the monsters and terrors.

That's what I see. Does it help any?

Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks insided, awakens! ---Carl Jung
Thank you for praying for Barack Obama. You have saved his life! Now let us pray for President Trump. Pray he is blessed with wisdom.
Uhh...PRAY HARDER!
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby EmergingButterfly » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:30 am

Actually, it does. Thank you. I had to think about it for a moment and I think I know exactly what it is and what I have to do. However, I think I'm with my dream self, I can totally accept not facing it and staying hidden forever.
Or, grow up and face it....
EmergingButterfly
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby operatormike » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:46 am

Glad to help, EB.

Clearly, it is your choice....But, Grow up and face it could mean emerge and spread your wings and become the butterfly that you are meant to be.

Also, Charon is also your dream self. It represents part of you that is tired of fighting these emotions...and encouraging you to go where you belong.

Peace,
OM
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks insided, awakens! ---Carl Jung
Thank you for praying for Barack Obama. You have saved his life! Now let us pray for President Trump. Pray he is blessed with wisdom.
Uhh...PRAY HARDER!
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Return to General Dream Discussion