Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

A Strange Dream

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

A Strange Dream

Postby Phil Tyler » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:17 am

This is my first post here on the site, so hang in there with me.

Prior info: I'm 18, in college, and babysit my cousins and kids from my parent's church (I'm not religious) for work.

So here was my dream, to the best of my memory. It began on some sort of space station or futuristic facility - smooth, light gray walls, rounded corners, enclosed, etc. No windows, but relatively well lit by ceiling lights (?). I'm not sure, I don't recall seeing light fixtures. Anyway, I had a young son, maybe three or four years old with me. We both were wearing these onesy-type suits, similar to a diver's wetsuit - except it was sort of sci-fi looking. The only major event I recall was approaching this large ring that stood before me, and seeing my reflection in it. But the reflection was darker, dimmer. And the other me, alongside the other son, started to move independently. I could see myself and my other son walking around, talking, and so on. On my end, I can't hear them, and they apparently couldn't hear me. But then, all of a sudden, the other me is on my side of the mirror thing, and he's just sort of sulking around. And then, again very rapidly, I find myself clutching my other son (from the mirror world) and running through dark corridors. He's screaming, and I'm trying to sneak around :creeping:, and eventually I arrive in a room full of cubicles (?), but the walls were made of glass and I could see inside. Each cubicle had an empty bed. I found one, set my other son down, and he said "Don't go!" I told him "I'll come back fsor you," and that was all she wrote. I woke up.

Any thoughts? Advice? Interpretations? I have no clue what to make of it, but this dream was so vivid and freaky. I'm lost :banghead:
Phil Tyler
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: A Strange Dream

Postby operatormike » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:42 am

Hi Phil,

Welcome to dream moods. :icecream: The thing about dreams is that is comes from inside you. Your subconscious, you could say. So, I will give you my impressions and thoughts. Its up to you to figure out what has significance and what doesn't.

The future seems to be the theme of this dream. I am guessing you do not presently have a son. So somewhere in your mind, you are considering what having a son will entail. Well lighted tells me that you are in a good frame of mind, and that these images are clear to you. Rounded corners seems to be a balanced place. No windows could mean that you feel enclosed or confined. There is security in that also, especially since that place is well lit. So the reflection seems to support the idea that you are considering who you will be in the future if and when you might have a son. You are looking at your future you (even though you are your future you). Like I said, it supports or enhances the idea.

So, one thought seems to be that you will have cause to sulk. I would call this anxiety or worry, once again it seems to be about being a father some day. The anxiety is magnified by you clutching your son and running with him screaming. I am guessing that you feel you must protect him and fear that maybe you will not do well at it. :chatter: The fight or flight instinct tells you to run. The corridors are dark, just like the other sided of the mirror because you are not really sure what to expect. It is not clear to you.

A room full of cubicle with beds in them and walls of glass sounds an awful lot like a nursery at a hospital. Just saying. The nursery baby beds are in clear plastic cubes these days. :dreams:

Advice? Be careful with your romantic love affairs. Have children after you are married, if possible. Also, every young man worries that he might not be a good father. If you are worried about it, you likely will be a good father. I have six children and nine grandchildren. I know.

Okay, I just read what I wrote before submitting it and another idea occurred to me. The son could represent you inner child. You could be having anxieties about growing up yourself. You want to protect that inner child. Just throwing some ideas out there.

Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
Dream, dream away
Magic in the air
Was magic in the air?
I believe, yes I believe
More I cannot say
What more can I say?---John Lennon
who looks insided, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Re: A Strange Dream

Postby Varzandeh » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:48 am

Light means science and knowledge.
Light means guidance to God belief.
If one dreamt light embraced her means she will teach someone some religion.
Darkness means ignorance. The Cow/257.
If dreamt light was shining in his /her chest means she is pious and honest and will have a good lasting .Zomar/22.

Light and luminosity may also mean : 1- God's guidance 2- Science 3- A right path 4-
a pure belief.

Having a son means a sorrow is on the way.
A mirror like thing and your reflection means a separation from the partner OR a baby girl just resembling you.

approximate interpretation time table: Dreams at noon or exactly at midnight( In the summer time 13 at noon and 1 midnight else at 12)in the same day if past a few minutes, a few days later. Dreams at 10-11 in the morning in 15-30 days later. Also dreams at 3-4 in the evening in 1-2 months .Dreams in the sunset mostly are not truthful and are messed, they have no interpretations, Dreams at 4-5 in the morning in a few days to 2 months some dreams in the holy books( Josef dream of kneeling the sun and the moon and 11 stars)was interpreted after 20 years and other dreams of the Pharaoh's prisoners interpreted in the same day and after 7 years. Dream of Pharaoh about the 7 thin cows and 7 fat cows interpreted from the next year to 14 years. Also dreams in 6th of the month will interpret after 1-2 days, in 9th at the same day, in 10th after 20 days, in 13th after 9 days in 14th after 26 days and in 15th after 3 days, in 16th after 2 days and in 28th ,29th ,30th in the same day, but these are solar (Persian months and you should refer to a calendar or convert them) . Of course there are different kinds of dreams , like messy dreams which have no interpretations or deja vu dreams, or psychological dreams or dreams which are caused by bad food or drinks.

Dreams are in 6 groups : one group are truthful dreams that are meaningful and predicting with symbolic metaphors based on holy books.
Another one is Deja Vu dreams that are seen as will happen.
Another group are psychological dreams as Mr. Freud and Mr. Jung said.
A group are Messy dreams that are caused by dad food or drinks and have no meaning.
A group are direct and truthful dreams about the deceased people or when saint people speak and say a news about our past or future.
A group are causative dreams that a reason like heat or cold or repeatition is caused the dream.
What I am doing is trying to introduce this kind of symbols and truthful meaningful dreams.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Return to General Dream Discussion