Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Drinking Liquid from a Stone

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Drinking Liquid from a Stone

Postby IE_enna_23 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:02 am

Was in an art museum in a major city. Seemingly there was something beginning outside which was a threat. Like an alient attack or end of civilization. Everyone seemed hurried but relatively organized as if they knew what they were doing. The roof of the building was torn away and I looked up and saw a large stone/block thing falling from the sky. It looked a little like a rosetta stone. I knew this to be something from outside our world and I knew I had to get to it for something. It got hung up on debris from another skyscraper but eventually fell through the open roof and landed in the center of the museum. I walked towards it and museum staff set up ropes to guide a line. Saw people ahead of me drinking some substance from the stone. It was large and shiny and black but definitely of a natural substance like black stone or polished obsidian. I walked up and grabbed a cup and filled it with the liquid which was milky. Stepped aside and drank it patiently. I did not know what it was or what it would do but knew it was necessary.

I left the museum and knew I had to go right. Even though I had been in the building for a long time and was somewhat disoriented to where I was. I knew I had to move fast and got on my bike and rode without restriction and fast. I passed by a store selling pajamas. Knew my friend and I would need something comfortable for whatever the other side of this chaos so I picked up a couple pairs and continued towards the subway. I knew there was a time limit but that I would make it with time to spare.
IE_enna_23
Dream Child
Dream Child

Re: Drinking Liquid from a Stone

Postby aussie_musician » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:26 pm

have you read in the Bible about water gushing out of a rock ???
WWJD.
Nehemiah 8:10 The Joy Of The Lord.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11 The Seasons Of Life.
my soul, shall her vigour renew
aussie_musician
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby IE_enna_23 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:17 am

It has been a long time. That one was about having faith that God would provide in a seemingless hopeless situation? Wasn't it about testing God? If I remember, it was after Moses led everyone through the desert and everyone was dying of thirst. I think I remember people asking "if god loves us so, why would he lead us through the desert and not provide water to keep us from dying?" Moses cried out to God about what to do and directed Moses to strike the rock. Then Moses struck the rock and water came flowing.

Several weeks ago I used the rock imagery in a phrase to someone. Again, surprise surprise, this was about my ex. I said "why would I try to squeeze water from a rock when there is a river flowing beneath me.
IE_enna_23
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby aussie_musician » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:00 pm

ha ..

yes well .. I started reading the Bible again .. well .. from cover to cover ..

from jan 2 '17 I started with Genesis 1 ..

and now I'm up to Ex 16 ..

do you have any answer from your question about squeezing water ???

hmmm .. have you had art museum dreams before ???

and you knew you had to go right .. after leaving the museum ..

does this dream reflect anything in life for you ???
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby IE_enna_23 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:35 pm

Art museums are where I go when I want peace and to appreciate creativity. It felt very peaceful in my dream despite the ceiling being ripped off and chaos outside.

The liquid was free flowing. Didn't need to squeeze but just hold my cup and fill. I didn't need much. The cup was small. When I drank, I was calm and trying to be considerate to step aside to make sure others got their turn. The line waiting for the liquid seemed to have an element of calm and patience.

Yes, after I felt I had to get out. I was riding my bike to a subway but I didn't really know where I was going. Just knew I needed to get to the subway. Didn't feel panicked. Just ready for the other side and riding fast to avoid city destruction.

No idea on this one. Usually I'm able to piece together what these things mean but this one is baffling. I had initially thought love since that was the context I was mentioning the rock several weeks prior. Perhaps it has to do with patience and accepting love when it flows. But the rock was definitely "alien". I'm not into sci-fi so there isn't anything in my life that would trigger an alien theme dream.
IE_enna_23
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby aussie_musician » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:39 pm

are you an arty person .. or a creative person ???
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Postby IE_enna_23 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:38 pm

Yes, both artistic and creative.
IE_enna_23
Dream Child
Dream Child

Return to General Dream Discussion