Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Drinking Liquid from a Stone

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Drinking Liquid from a Stone

Postby IE_enna_23 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:02 am

Was in an art museum in a major city. Seemingly there was something beginning outside which was a threat. Like an alient attack or end of civilization. Everyone seemed hurried but relatively organized as if they knew what they were doing. The roof of the building was torn away and I looked up and saw a large stone/block thing falling from the sky. It looked a little like a rosetta stone. I knew this to be something from outside our world and I knew I had to get to it for something. It got hung up on debris from another skyscraper but eventually fell through the open roof and landed in the center of the museum. I walked towards it and museum staff set up ropes to guide a line. Saw people ahead of me drinking some substance from the stone. It was large and shiny and black but definitely of a natural substance like black stone or polished obsidian. I walked up and grabbed a cup and filled it with the liquid which was milky. Stepped aside and drank it patiently. I did not know what it was or what it would do but knew it was necessary.

I left the museum and knew I had to go right. Even though I had been in the building for a long time and was somewhat disoriented to where I was. I knew I had to move fast and got on my bike and rode without restriction and fast. I passed by a store selling pajamas. Knew my friend and I would need something comfortable for whatever the other side of this chaos so I picked up a couple pairs and continued towards the subway. I knew there was a time limit but that I would make it with time to spare.
IE_enna_23
Dream Child
Dream Child

Re: Drinking Liquid from a Stone

Postby aussie_musician » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:26 pm

have you read in the Bible about water gushing out of a rock ???
WWJD.
Nehemiah 8:10 The Joy Of The Lord.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11 The Seasons Of Life.
my soul, shall her vigour renew
aussie_musician
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby IE_enna_23 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:17 am

It has been a long time. That one was about having faith that God would provide in a seemingless hopeless situation? Wasn't it about testing God? If I remember, it was after Moses led everyone through the desert and everyone was dying of thirst. I think I remember people asking "if god loves us so, why would he lead us through the desert and not provide water to keep us from dying?" Moses cried out to God about what to do and directed Moses to strike the rock. Then Moses struck the rock and water came flowing.

Several weeks ago I used the rock imagery in a phrase to someone. Again, surprise surprise, this was about my ex. I said "why would I try to squeeze water from a rock when there is a river flowing beneath me.
IE_enna_23
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby aussie_musician » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:00 pm

ha ..

yes well .. I started reading the Bible again .. well .. from cover to cover ..

from jan 2 '17 I started with Genesis 1 ..

and now I'm up to Ex 16 ..

do you have any answer from your question about squeezing water ???

hmmm .. have you had art museum dreams before ???

and you knew you had to go right .. after leaving the museum ..

does this dream reflect anything in life for you ???
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby IE_enna_23 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:35 pm

Art museums are where I go when I want peace and to appreciate creativity. It felt very peaceful in my dream despite the ceiling being ripped off and chaos outside.

The liquid was free flowing. Didn't need to squeeze but just hold my cup and fill. I didn't need much. The cup was small. When I drank, I was calm and trying to be considerate to step aside to make sure others got their turn. The line waiting for the liquid seemed to have an element of calm and patience.

Yes, after I felt I had to get out. I was riding my bike to a subway but I didn't really know where I was going. Just knew I needed to get to the subway. Didn't feel panicked. Just ready for the other side and riding fast to avoid city destruction.

No idea on this one. Usually I'm able to piece together what these things mean but this one is baffling. I had initially thought love since that was the context I was mentioning the rock several weeks prior. Perhaps it has to do with patience and accepting love when it flows. But the rock was definitely "alien". I'm not into sci-fi so there isn't anything in my life that would trigger an alien theme dream.
IE_enna_23
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby aussie_musician » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:39 pm

are you an arty person .. or a creative person ???
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Postby IE_enna_23 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:38 pm

Yes, both artistic and creative.
IE_enna_23
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby aussie_musician » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:00 pm

ooooh wow !!!

:)
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Postby Superman1 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:48 pm

In a major part of your life, a museum means the past that isn't living now.
A threat outside, alien, threatening the end of your world or what is civilized.

But you were organized and knew what you were doing, maybe even as your protection was blown off.
But maybe this enabled you to see more or you had to see beyond it. To the interpretation above you to decipher what you could not before, in the outside world.

But maybe it got hung up on your highest goal, or perhaps on reaching high, the debris from that. So perhaps reaching too high caused fallout.
Or maybe it's more likely in this scenario you got hung up on the other person. But if you are open, it can come through, in your center, of the past.
And it has to start from the ground to build yourself up. Or it was a high fall. So maybe this is how you are trying to be free from your past.
And maybe the skyscrapers mean how much you want to get above it.
And the people drank the substance from this right interpreting of what was alien. It was natural, what you reflected on, and probably of what has been in the dark or unseen so needs polishing. But inside it was white like light and was good. To nurture this necessity took patience.

Then you could leave the dead past behind, and correct yourself quickly to end this restriction.
You it seems you saw you have been asleep, but that doesn't seem the comfort you need with others on the other side of this. Unless it means putting this past to sleep, to become comfortable. Or both.
As you also went deeper, now with the friend - opposite the alien idea at the start.

ImageImage

=============
ADDED DETAILS

Several weeks ago I used the rock imagery in a phrase to someone. Again, surprise surprise, this was about my ex. I said "why would I try to squeeze water from a rock when there is a river flowing beneath me.

So can this dream, and its urgency, be about that? That can help clarify why you went to the subway, deeper in yourself.
The other skyscraper was him you got hung up on, from the debris from the falling out. So the alienation can be from this.
Plus the rock being hard could mean this was, and to turn it round fast in your need, yet opposite to calm and patience to do this. So these can be your two sides.
The museum can be the past you wanted to make peace with, and to create yourself anew from, like milk is for a new born.

But the rock was definitely "alien."

It was love that had turned alien and dark or negative and hard.
And maybe you had to interpret what happened correctly.
The skyscrapers are explained now, if its your highest goal that love is.
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby IE_enna_23 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:21 am

Oh thank you. Much of this makes sense.

Week prior to the dream my ex and I had seen each other and he expressed he didn't know how he could love someone so much yet feel it not right to be with them. Not anything to do with me but because of life cirucumstances. Remember the dream that he was in battle? He is stabilizing his life; finding a career, looking for a place to live, meeting friends (he has none in this state), determining hobbies....basically finding basic security, orientation and knowledge/stability of himself. Perhaps the roof being blown off my space is a more clear perspective to this battle. The calm and peaceful museum juxtaposed with a crumbling world could signify the differnece between our two worlds.

I took a week of not speaking with him to evalutate if I wanted to continue any contact. That's when I mentioned the rock symbolism. It was at the end of this week that I had this dream. My thought with the rock symbolism at the beginning of the week was that I could find what I needed in my friendships and own life so why would I ask that of him when he has that not to give. Of course, I was still hung up on the relationship context of that offering. During that week without contact it became painfully obvious how much we share which is unique to my other friendships and how it adds value to my own perspective.

Couple days after this dream I relaxed into a new perspective; from the foundation of friendship comes love OR a new friendship. Why reject something because it is not in the form one expects. Let whatever comes, come. Don't seek out and perhaps you will get light from what happens naturally. Definitely relate to what you interpret about aiming too high and experiencing fallout from that. Getting hung up in his world and expecting but not being able to reach that rock in his space resulted in debris falling out into my world. Also relate to being hard AND calm and patience (it has been and has required). And of course, when my own life is stable, yep, my highest goal is to share that with another. The skyscrappers reaching into the chaos may definitely symbolize that wish.

As far as leaving and heading to the subway. I never actually entered the subway. I wasn't certain if this signified needing to dig deep within myself. Or, an anticipation of getting to a new world beyond the clash of realms. Similar to that other dream where I was riding the train away from the military base with all the chaos; I think my desire is just to move beyond chaos, move into a better integrated world but entering a dark tunnel of uncertaintly about what that will be, or if it will be, on the other side. Pajamas would symbolize comfort for me. I am hoping for comfort and relaxation on the other side. I am fairly soon moving to a new house; this house has been one of transition and a lot of old memories. Looking to start a new chapter and leave some of the old past behind.

I have had several dreams related to him and white light so that would fit. I also recognize milk as something nutritious and essential to life; my friend recently had a baby and of course the concept of milk being a basic building block has been in recent events.

Related to art museum specifically, I had wondered if that was related to being able to create a reality or space. I have created like a piece of art my life and world and recognizing that fitting another world into what I have built isn't necessarily appropriate. Leaving to anticipate something more natural. I had the feeling I would be heading to a more natural area away from the attack zone, like country side or mountains or somewhere rural.
IE_enna_23
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby IE_enna_23 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:23 am

I love the images you shared. From communication one will polish something into love.
IE_enna_23
Dream Child
Dream Child

Return to General Dream Discussion