Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Repeated dreams about a bursting drum

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Repeated dreams about a bursting drum

Postby Ameline » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:06 am

Hi, I have a lovely self-made self-painted leather frame drum I use for some meditating and generally rituals and other stuff like this. I know I am oddly emotionally attached to my drum, but then, why not.

I keep having dreams that the leather tears or bursts. It's generally very simple dreams. The drum falls and breaks. I tear the leather while playing. I notice something odd about the leather and before I know it, it bursts in my hands.... I had at least 5 of these in the past two months. I have the drum for over 2 years.

I feel like traditional interpretations fall flat in this case. Any idea on what this means?
Ameline
Dream Child
Dream Child

Re: Repeated dreams about a bursting drum

Postby aussie_musician » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:22 pm

maybe you're to give the drum away .. and not do the rituals ..

let go of it ..

it may not be right for you ..
WWJD.
Nehemiah 8:10 The Joy Of The Lord.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11 The Seasons Of Life.
my soul, shall her vigour renew
aussie_musician
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby Ameline » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:52 am

I don't think this is it. I'll be doing stuff like this anyway, drum or no drum. But I was thinking about how the drum became a sore spot a few months back. I used to live next to a pair of students, they were away on the weekends so I could drum all day and night to my heart's content while they were away - it doesn't carry to other floors, I checked thoroughly. It was a big point for me when I moved in. But then an elderly couple was complaining about noise from their adjacent apartment and pressured my neighbors to swap with them. I get that nighttime playing is off the table now, even though it was my favorite thing, but there's no compromise with them, they just hate the sound, period, even when I'm as far away from the joint wall as possible. They won't even allow for an hour a week or something like that. And they're virtually never away, certainly not at the same time. So I'm thinking of going out to the forest at night so I disturb no-one. It's the middle of nowhere. But I am concerned for my safety, quite honestly, especially making a sound for any stranger to follow... I know it's mostly deserted at night, but sometimes people you wouldn't want to meet sleep out there somewhere. It's quite busy at day, family trips and whatnot.

Now I think about it, the couple are present in most of these dreams somehow. Often I dream of taking the drum to calm down after a confrontation with them.
Ameline
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby aussie_musician » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:05 pm

well .. I dunno then ..
WWJD.
Nehemiah 8:10 The Joy Of The Lord.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11 The Seasons Of Life.
my soul, shall her vigour renew
aussie_musician
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Return to General Dream Discussion