Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Remembering a dream in a dream

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Remembering a dream in a dream

Postby Devanie » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:45 am

When I dream there are usually a few constants in all my dreams such as being able to fly and gravity seeming warped or stronger than it should. However there was this one time that was particularly interesting because in the dream I needed to get over to somewhere but I was having trouble getting there because of the gravity. I was trying to think of what I should do when I remembered flying in past dreams. I guess my questions would be... (1.) Is it common to recall past dreams in a dream? (2.) Would this be considered a lucid dream? (P.S. When I fly I don't have wings it is more like I am swimming through something thick.)
Devanie
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Remembering a dream in a dream

Postby Superman1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:45 pm

The constraint of being weighed down, by reality perhaps, is opposite the freedom of flying.
I think I have recalled a past dream in a dream, because it means recalling a past lesson or experience.
Not quite a lucid dream, which means being aware you are dreaming. But lucidity means awareness or clarity, so in that way it fits.
Yes it seems your flying needs to combat the thickness of what weighs you down, so swimming fits that being like water.
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion