Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Very vivid dream about a girl

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Very vivid dream about a girl

Postby Knight Mare » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:47 pm

It would be great if someone here can help me understand a dream.

About a week ago I had this very vivid dream like I very rarely have. It felt so real and intense. It was clear, light and brightly coloured.

I'm a single man, but in the dream I had a girlfriend. She was standing on my left side and although I couldn't see her face, I knew who she was. We went to some kind of ceremony (don't know what for or if it even was that) at a tennis court (tennis plays a part in the girl's life) with a lot of people present. The people were standing around the tennis court, a bit in the dark, I couldn't make out their faces. On the court itself was a girl standing in a bright light coming from above and she walked up to me and my girlfriend introduced me to her. Thing is, it was the same girl as my gf. We shook hands and when I looked into her eyes I felt so much love for her, more than I've ever felt for someone (in a dream or real life) and I felt the same love from her for me. We moved a bit to the side of the tennis court, but didn't really pay attention to what was going on with the ceremony. We talked a bit (can't remember about what) and had our arms around eachother and never let go. I had a very positive feeling during the dream and afterwards.

I've never met the girl in the dream in person. I know who she is, but I don't know her, still there's something about her that makes her different than most other women. I'm not in love with her, though.

Could it be that I'm looking for real love, like I had in the dream, and that I projected it onto her, because she's unlike others and seems familiar, eventhough I don't know her?
If this was just a useless wish dream, why was it so much more intense than any other dream. I hope to understand the meaning of this dream. Because of it I think more about her than I want.

A month before I had another dream about her. It was not as vivid. I was in her house with her mother and we went into her brand new kitchen and one wall was largely covered in all kinds of new ovens. We started to try them out and they worked perfectly. The kitchen was clean and well lit.
As far as I know mothers and kitchens are strong symbols in dreams. Still I'm not sure what to make of all this. The different sources I check have different interpretations.

Thanks for at least reading and I hope it's clear and someone can help. Every little bit is welcome.
Knight Mare
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Very vivid dream about a girl

Postby Sheena » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:58 pm

The dream girl is your anima. Look it up.
You are coming to terms within by accepting a part of self which had before seemed foreign.
It is feminine, emotive.
Probably current situation.
Sheena
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Postby Athanor » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:31 am

Although in order to provide a more accurate interpretation it would usually be best to have some additional general background information about you (and a description of events just before the dreams), the fact that there’s a “duplicate” girl in a very vivid dream which you really can’t get out of your mind shows that overall, along with the previous dream, it’s trying to get across a very important message.

The image of a girl in the dreams of a man is usually related to his relationship to values, emotions and people, but this is only a tiny part of what she can symbolize. In fact, she may have nothing to do with the feeling side of the man if by nature he feels quite comfortable and competent in dealing with this aspect of life.

But in order to keep things more focused, here is a useful definition of this inner woman which is termed the “anima”’ in the Jungian school of psychology. It comes from analyst Jane Wheelwright’s book “Death of a Woman”:

“The archetype in the male psyche that is the inherited pattern of potential experience of the female instinct.

This archetype underlies and is basic to a complex which is affected by the individual’s early experiences of women, primarily his mother, female siblings, and the collective images of women provided by his cultural experience.

The images and affects [emotions] that attach to the complex express what is other than the individual’s male body-ego identity, such as his own unconscious femaleness, the unconscious, the inferior function [e.g. If a man usually uses thinking and the intellect to navigate through life, then his inferior function, i.e. a less developed way of dealing with certain situations, would often be related to emotions and values].

The anima assumes a generalized image of the individual’s female ideal, which strongly influences his selection of a mate.

Consciously related to, the anima functions as inspiratrice or muse – a bridge to the creative wellspring of the unconscious and to unknown potentialities for development.

The anima serves as a guide in relationships, particularly with those who have a different outlook.

When not consciously related to, the anima causes a man to be moody, capricious, ruthless, and snide with others.”

The anima broadly speaking is also related to the “irrational” and openness to nature etc.

Also, there are four general stages of anima development which aren’t fixed but usually float together and change in various situations.

These are as follows:

1) The “primitive” woman, e.g. Paul Gaugin’s depictions of his Polynesian wives.

2) “Romanticized beauty”, e.g. the classical example of Helen of Troy still shows up in movies etc.

3) “Spiritualized Eros”, e.g. images of the Virgin Mary.

4) Women who transcend even the most holy and most pure, e.g. a classical example includes Athena, the Greek goddess of Wisdom.

Just as with the stages of “animus” development (the “inner man” in a woman), the current level of anima development can be seen in a given female dream figure.

In your dream, there are two women who are in effect “twins”.

Your girlfriend in the dream is standing on your left and you can’t see her face although you know who she is. This points to the idea that you’re apparently unaware of this inner woman and her effects on you to some extent (e.g. you can’t see her face, and “left” in dreams represents the unconscious, that is, “being unaware” of something).

If by chance you tend to be a quiet person who generally prefers and is good at looking within much of the time, the location of the ceremony on the tennis court viewed by many people might relate to a potentially new and deeper involvement in the outer world.

Currently, this aspect of yourself may be a little “in the dark” and undeveloped in some ways (e.g. the people watching are a bit in the dark and you can’t see their faces).

Symbolically, it’s possible to say that both girls are meant to be involved in “playing the game of life”, as it were, symbolized by tennis.

The idea might be that your girlfriend at the beginning of the dream symbolizes a potential for further interaction in the “game of life” while her “twin” represents the need that this potential will actually be made real in a three-dimensional way.

In this way of looking at your dream, the “ceremony” would consist of your “marriage” or “joining with” the second girl to create a new and growth-promoting union in terms of some kind of greater interaction with others for example (e.g. you both fall in love immediately and can’t let go of each other).

Completion of the “ceremony” which is apparently still in the air might consist of now finding practical ways to bring out and foster your “union” with this other part of yourself which the dream shows in a very favourable light.

The previous dream of the girl involved visiting her house and kitchen with her mother present.

Her house likely symbolizes that an aspect of you as tentatively described above resides “apart” from your overall personality at this time.

Symbolically speaking, it’s in a kitchen where the “material” of our experiences (e.g. as represented by the various ingredients in food) is “broken down”, “mixed together”, “cooked” by reflection and its “nutrients” are therefore able to be absorbed by then “being consumed” to provide understanding which is essentially “nourishment of the soul and meaning”.

That is, new insights etc. are then “digested” and integrated into the person’s overall awareness.

Her mother’s presence might be emphasizing the deeply feminine aspect of this process which will accept that both the good and any unpleasant experiences are necessary to overall self-development.

Something may have happened around the time of this dream that could provide new and practical “equipment” for the ongoing “cooking” and “absorption” of insights and understanding.

If so, maybe some kind of opportunity began to slip away, or an attitude of mind was not taking up the chance for enhanced growth and change etc., leading your psyche to emphasize the importance of this prospect by way of the striking dream of the tennis court.

So in general, it looks like you may have to encourage a deeper ongoing connection with your so-called “feminine” side in order to help develop your own completeness as a unique individual over time.

If this idea seems to hit the mark in any way, here are few markers regarding what the “feminine” consists of as outlined by Jungian analyst Marion Woodman:

1) Try to maintain a presence in the moment, the here and now, e.g. by paying complete attention to a person who you’re dealing with and not letting your mind drift to other matters. Presence in the moment also includes not dwelling on yesterday or tomorrow. In addition, try to avoid the “if only” attitude of mind, e.g. “If only I had taken Swahili in college, all would be well now”.

2) Be aware of your body, e.g. muscle tension, or in contrast, the pure joy of complete relaxation.

3) Encourage an apprehension of beauty through the senses while letting in emotions about this and while valuing this aspect of the here and now.

4) Practise being receptive and being non-critical by listening to someone while accepting them completely. Doing so can encourage a feeling of resonance and relationship.

5) Work at a “separation from the mother’s body”, meaning an ongoing attempt to be one’s own self.

6) Encourage the acceptance of the “process” and the “journey” as often being more important than “reaching the goal”.

7) Try to be conscious of and to reflect on paradoxes as well as the non-causal, e.g. you dream of a white horse and the next day, a white horse escapes from a circus and runs by you on the street (if you are interested in exploring this type of phenomenon, reliable books about this subject by professional analysts include “There Are No Accidents” by Robert Hopcke, “The Tao of Psychology” by Jean Shinoda Bolen, and “At the Heart of the Matter” by J. Gary Sparks).

8) Try to accept as well as you can all of life with its ups and downs, limitations, and restrictions.

9) Try to fit in time for regular reflection and meditation.

Anyway as mentioned, without knowing anything much about you, this interpretation of your dreams might not fit your personal circumstances very well, but I hope these ideas can be helpful in some way.

Please feel free to comment on, or to ask any questions about this particular way of looking at your dreams.
Athanor
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sheena » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:47 pm

th did well with the concept, wordy as it is. Nice to see someone learning.
Sheena
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Postby Knight Mare » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:47 pm

Thanks for the responses.

Athanor, this could make sense, but I need some time to think about it. If you're right, why it is this girl and why now, e.g.
Could my subconcious be using this particular girl because she is a kind of special to me (can't explain why she is and she was before any dreams about her) or could it somehow be the other way around?
It's helpful anyway.
Knight Mare
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Athanor » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:29 pm

Hi again,

It looks like the girl somehow matches various parts of your “inner woman” which were automatically “projected” onto her by your unconscious.

Analyst Daryl Sharp defines projection in “Jung Lexicon” as:

“An automatic process whereby contents of one's own unconscious are perceived to be in others…

It is possible to project certain characteristics onto another person who does not possess them at all, but the one being projected upon may unconsciously encourage it…

In everyday life it facilitates interpersonal relations. In addition, when we assume that some quality or characteristic is present in another, and then, through experience, find that this is not so, we can learn something about ourselves. This involves withdrawing or dissolving projections”

So maybe there’s a possibility that a certain compatibility might exist between you and the girl which the dream could be encouraging you to explore.

Once you’ve thought over the interpretation, please don’t hesitate to ask any further questions you might have.
Athanor
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sheena » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:26 am

Knight Mare wrote:why it is this girl and why now
If you know the person pictured then the characteristics of that person are those which are needed desired or perhaps thrown off by you.
Sheena
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Postby Knight Mare » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:42 pm

So I had another dream about her last night and it seems very much related.

We were in diner and she was about to order food. She was there with a little boy and a little girl (I guess her dream kids, she has none in real life). I was in a corner lying in a bed the whole dream. The next room to my right was a bedroom. At some point the kids walked by into the bedroom and the little girl came back and leaned over as if she wanted to kiss me goodnight, hesitated and said something about a cake (can't remember what). Some time later, the diner part was invisible, there were now two little girls as her kids (one looked really like her) walking into the bedroom and they smiled at me when passing by and then the girl came in and stepped in front of my bed and everything turned dark and a bright light started to shine on her and she started laughing out loud at me. I expected her to change in a monster (probably because I'm used to having important things in my (real) life turn ugly on me), but she didn't, although her appearance did change a bit and her white dress turned a bit purple. She then crawled into bed with me on my left side still laughing. My feeling in the dream about the reason for her laughter was that she found it funny that I don't understand what's going on.
That's really annoying, instead of laughing she could've just told me what's going on. I really want to understand it.

These dreams about her are almost all the last dream I have before waking up.

Thanks again for everything so far. It's awesome you here spend so much time and effort helping out strangers.
Knight Mare
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Athanor » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:26 pm

Because the dreams about the girl are almost always the last dream you have before waking up, it looks like trying to understand the issue being outlined by them is important at this particular time.

Dreams also naturally respond as if they’re human-like to any attention that the ego is giving to them. So it’s something like you showing an interest in someone’s hobby or job etc. and they respond by being grateful for your curiosity by telling you all about it.

Similarly, dreams in a series often show the dreamer a given situation from a different angle in order to help out the understanding of what’s going on some more.

In this dream, a diner appears with the idea of ordering food, suggesting the idea previously mentioned of how various insights and ideas apparently have to be “chewed over” more fully in order to understand things better.

Every detail in a dream is carefully chosen, so it’s important to note that the girl is actively ordering the food while, for example, you’re lying in bed throughout the dream, also emphasized by the presence of another bedroom nearby.

This might suggest a certain passive attitude, and that you haven’t quite grasped how important your own active and dedicated attention is regarding the situation which your relationship with the girl symbolizes.

The danger could be that you’ll “fall asleep”, that is, you’ll be unaware of what’s going on. Similarly, the little girls and what they represent could also become “unconscious” to you (e.g. they’re going the other bedroom to go to sleep).

In the diner, the girl was with her little boy and girl, so she’s a “mother”, perhaps hinting that part of the outer woman’s nature could in some way be similar to that of your own mother. As mentioned in the definition of “anima”, this would play some part in why you find her interesting.

To help to understand the last part of the dream, it might be helpful to outline further how the image of a woman in the dreams of a man usually reflects those aspects of himself about which he’s mostly unconscious.

If, say, a man’s profession involved thinking about abstract mathematical theories, this would most often be an indicator of his inward-turning nature and of a kind of distance from three-dimensional reality per se.

In addition, because of his concentration on thoughts and possibly inward-looking intuition in order to make his living, his feelings and values side would generally not be part of his everyday conscious awareness.

So because of the innate need of Nature to always be in balance, his potential but less developed connection to values and to practical realities would take the form in his unconscious mind of an outgoing woman who’s connected to lots of people and activities.

As a result of her “lack of conscious development”, in dreams she would usually appear as a woman who looked like an outer woman who had some obvious fault or failing even though she would still be quite attractive in some way.

The idea would be that by “showing it as it is”, the dreamer could then work towards improving this side of himself which tended to have a “mind of its own” and to “do what it wanted”. For example, unexpected gaffs in relating to others could occur or lapses made in keeping up the fulfillment of various practical demands etc.

In your dream, the girl is again “in the spotlight” like she was in the tennis dream, maybe suggesting that at times, you could unconsciously be affected by a need to feel you’ve “made it” and have done things which entitle you to “a lot of attention” whether you actually have done so in reality or not.

If so, then the “inferior woman within” would be laughing at you because you’re being taken in by any such misplaced belief or attitude etc.

In this way of looking at the dream, your feeling of annoyance and really wanting to know what’s going on are the ways in which it’s trying to “wake you up to” and to “get you out of bed” regarding any such potential situation becoming a problem in the future.

Anyway, if you’re interested in getting an idea about your personality type and how this affects your everyday life, a short but very useful and clear introduction to these ideas as developed by Carl Jung can

be found in “Personality Types” by analyst Daryl Sharp. It’s available on such sites as Amazon etc. However, you can actually download it free from the publisher’s website which is innercitybooks.net

If you go to the site, just click on “e-books”, then scroll down on the e-book page to the bottom where there are a few free books including “Personality Types”. You can then download and save it in PDF format.

If you have any other questions or comments, please let me know.
Athanor
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Knight Mare » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:17 pm

Also because of the vividness of the dream(s), it's probably important to find out what they mean and what I should do, if I need to.
I could say I won't go to sleep until I find out what they mean, but I'm afraid I need some more dreams to figure this out, so I'll say I'll go to sleep until I find it out.
Knight Mare
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Very Vivid Dream about Love

Postby Superman1 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:31 pm

To try to shed the same light on it in a different way...

A WEEK AGO
Why now?
About a week ago you must have had a vivid idea about yourself. Real and intense, and perhaps with bright emotions which may be key.

Can your wish be for special warm interaction with others? And in yourself of course.
You couldn't see the peoples' faces who were in the dark. Because you couldn't see your girlfriend's face or that warm side of you.
Tennis is a one-on-one interaction mainly, but many people were present which can mean this will lead to doing it with more people.
To do this the light from above shone on your feminine side which at its brightest is love more than you've known.
So this ceremony of tennis must have meant becoming this which you felt very good about.
So the real girl you know represents this familiar you that you don't know and is special.

A MONTH BEFORE
This less vivid dream could be about your desire or first thought to warm up, rather than wall up. If you have a wall to those emotions and to others.
A mother probably ultimately means love, and this eating area was well lit too.

LAST NIGHT
The thought of withdrawn affection (kiss on forehead) may mean you hesitate to share (which a cake is for).
So dinner disappeared.
So the boy of new action changed into more need for the feminine which probably is also sharing, or leads to it.
This is what the light is shining on in your dreams. This feminine aspect that can lead to the greatest warmth and connection, without whose light leaves darkness.
So maybe it's mocking that you don't understand this in a reality sense, or are having a hard time with it.
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Knight Mare » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:42 pm

One thing I know about the girl is that she plays or used to play tennis. So maybe it has more to do with her.
I mean that it's not about my feminine side, but about one of her traits (like Sheena said) and that maybe in relation to tennis.

I also just realized that I sent the girl a message and the kitchen dream was not the same night, but the night after. If I recall correctly. It was a supportive message, so I didn't expect a response and there wasn't one.
The tennis court dream was also the night after I sent another message. This time I asked some questions about her experience with an event in her life. (The questions were triggered by my dreams.) I hoped for an answer, but there wasn't any and I understand that.
This also makes me believe that it's probably something to do with her characteristics. The dreams made me a more interested in who she really is and why there's something about her.
Knight Mare
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Athanor » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:41 am

Just to help you to decide if the girl in your dream has more to do with the outer girl or with your inner feminine side, here are a couple of tips.

For example, if the person’s image in the dream is an exact photographic likeness and not “different” from the outer person in any way, then it’s more likely that the dream is somehow commenting on the actual person and her or his relationship dynamic with the dreamer.

But if the person is “different” in any way, and especially if she or he is not really involved in the daily life of the dreamer just like this girl isn’t, then this points to the image being mostly about an inner aspect of the dreamer which, as mentioned before, is probably being projected onto the outer person.

The outer person can even have an expression, a way of talking or moving etc., or any other among an endless choices of a “hook” that somehow reveals a basic aspect of the person. This hook “catches” the similar unconscious trait of the dreamer so that it can somehow be “pulled out of the water” of the psyche and made more conscious over time in order that it doesn’t tend to trip up the dreamer in everyday matters.

Hope this helps.
Athanor
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sheena » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:40 pm

Knight Mare wrote:in relation to tennis.

I also just realized that I sent the girl a message and the kitchen dream was not the same night, but the night after. If I recall correctly. It was a supportive message, so I didn't expect a response and there wasn't one.
The tennis court dream was also the night after I sent another message. This time I asked some questions about her experience with an event in her life. (The questions were triggered by my dreams.) I hoped for an answer, but there wasn't any and I understand that.
This also makes me believe that it's probably something to do with her characteristics. The dreams made me a more interested in who she really is
You need some support about tennis? Or to express curiousity and interest. Or take account of your ambivalence about it - or about some other course of self improvement you are learning?
Sheena
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Postby Knight Mare » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:09 pm

@Sheena: I don't care for tennis.

@Athanor: In the kitchen dream her mother and she looked like in real life, as far as I can remember. In the other two dreams she looked a bit different.
Too bad dreams are this vague. I can handle more clarity. I wish the girl just told me what's going on.
Knight Mare
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby TenderLC » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:35 pm

Knight,
It seems to me that your Tennis dream is about the give-and-take in relationships. There is a back and forth exchange with partners that is a blend of disagreement and conciliation. The one girl is who you recognize as your potential pick, but the bright angel-like one is probably the partner you might have if you and any partner you find yourself with actually skillfully exchanging thoughts and feelings together, with trust and agreeing to disagree while agreeing to a common goal concerning the potential relationship. Not everything is agreement in love(a Tennis term, BTW!) it is often like tennis but that you agree that you are friends and will not break the rules or disregard each other.
The idea that you two are not playing the game in the dream might mean that so far, since you haven't actually met her, you are not playing the game of love.

AS for the dream of being in the house with all those ovens: The house in the dream is thought to be like the dreamer themselves, but can also be extended to the inner self of anyone important in your dream. In such houses, the kitchen is the heart of the house(dreamer, significant other) and with so many ovens it would seem that you or she may be feeling, at least in the dream, a great passion for loving, warming heart(relationship) with each other. The other possibility is that since people often refer to pregnancy as "Having a bun in the oven" perhaps you are getting some idea that she and her mother have in mind LOADS of kids for the two of you. But remember, this is your dream, not really hers. Could it be that you want children also?

Does this make any sense to you? Best wishes.
TenderLC
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Knight Mare » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:51 pm

@TenderLC: Everything and nothing makes sense at this moment. I hoped to trust my intuition to tell me if it's right or wrong, but I'm afraid I've been thinking too much already to be able to do that properly.
English isn't my native language, so I'll try to stay away from English expressions to interpret symbols. Thanks for the input, though.

Yesterday I decided to let it just go and didn't want to spend more time and energy on thinking about the meaning of the dreams or the girl and hoped it wasn't that important after all.
That seemed to have triggered more dreams.

In the first one I dreamed I found out she was about to get married to some guy and they were thinking about having a baby. First we were at an airport in the country she lives in and her family was there. She planning to go to another country with her fiancé to get married, I guess in India where the guy came from. Moments later we were in front of the train station in the town where I live. She was there with her parents and sibling and I with mine. I tried to get her attention, but didn't get it, because she didn't know me she didn't look. She then hugged her fiancé and got into a limo and I walked away with my family. My feeling in the dream was negative and like it was all done with for good.

I guess I'm supposed to act now or my opportunity to unite (marry) with her trait will be gone or something?

After the dream I woke up, thought about it a bit and fell asleep again.
This time I dreamt that I really needed to meet her to make the sun shine, otherwise it would rain (The idea of needing to meet her didn't come from inside). I wanted to run into her in the streets and it did feel like I had to hurry.

Maybe it's telling me I need to come across that specific characteristic of hers and adopt it to have good things happen. And that I don't have much time either.
If that's true, I wonder why it's urgent to change or improve myself. Couldn't this have come years ago or why don't I get much time? That doesn't seem logical to me.
There's nothing happening now in my life that suggests it will be useful or important. It appears to be important anyway.

It's like a stranger that walks up to you and says you have to act quickly, it's important. And when you ask what you should do, he tells you to figure it out yourself. (I'll have to admit, it's a funny thing to do.)

I'm starting to feel like an annoying guy that bothers other people with his dreams about a girl.
Last edited by Knight Mare on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Mare
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby TenderLC » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:00 am

Knight, you are not bothering anyone. This is what the site is for, to look at our dreams and hope to gain insight to ourselves, thoughts, and feelings. It's also meant for you to look at others' dreams, wherein you can try interpreting some, and hopefully learn the art of interpretation.

It seems like you are disappointed in the way your dream has come out so far. Sun shine vs rain seems like benefits vs depression. i can't figure out why you would choose to let her go in your dream as that would make you unhappy. So, I would ask myself, if I were in your shoes, do I really want to take the risks of asking her(risking rejection?) or letting her go because I don't know if I love enough. Something within seems to be holding you back. And If you haven't actually met her yet, it is likely not about her, but rather about your own... well you tell me.. what does hold you back? All your dreams are really about you, you make them, so what are you trying to tell yourself? The risk isn't worth the reward? Or a huge amount of negative thinking holds you back?
TenderLC
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: Very vivid recurring dream about a girl

Postby Superman1 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:01 pm

I think letting her go was because he decided to let this issue go, as if done for good. So showed what will be if he doesn't do it.
Another country is the foreign or unfamiliar and India is poor but also like a spiritual centre or rich and very sunny.

But you know underneath it is important because it means your happiness, or maybe warm vs cold. That's why the hurry to get it back, in your life outside.

So there is no urgency really, other than fear of losing where this may lead.

Rather than focus about the meaning of the dreams or the girl, why not focus on yourself, with the intention of understanding, and self-awarenss?
Focusing too much on the reflection, rather than you the source, can only clarify as much as you have. You are probably largely unaware yourself. So if you examine your desires and thoughts, which made the dream, you will become more aware and clooser to the answer. Things can click then.
You even said it: You have to figure it out yourself. But I think all the clues have been said in various ways. The most simple answer usually is true.
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Knight Mare » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:59 pm

Dreams aren't (all) just made by desires and thoughts. Many dreams are made or influenced by all emotions or by the latest events in your life, but some dreams tell you about things you can't possibly know. Things you never thought of or future events that are completely detached from your personal choices.
The vividness of the first dream I described makes me believe it sets it apart from the usual dreams. It's probably important somehow. And I think I have to take action, because when I wanted to give up on it, it looked like a dream told me not to. But I'm not even sure about that really.
Knight Mare
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Knight Mare » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:56 am

So I think I'm not going to find out what it all meant. Maybe nothing special at all, although it really seemed otherwise.
And even if I missed out on something good, I'll never know what, so it doesn't really matter.

Thanks everyone for trying to help. I've learned something anyway.
Knight Mare
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby jaeCdila » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:14 pm

First of all thanks to the OP Knight Mare and everyone who answered. I read everything and have learned a lot as I have gone through very much the same thing.

Mine seemed to have come in stages as my first dream started with what was a wedding ceremony. I was outside in a parking lot and there was a bunch of people drinking beer, kegs and partying. I was called inside to what looked like a church were I sat down in a pew next to an old military comrade. It was then this women dressed as a bride and I walked down the isle. As we processed I kept veering off course and she would pull me back into a straight line. When we arrived at the alter we turned to face each other and her legs became very apparent, they were covered in sores and rashes, very skiny, and shaking; she was barely standing but making the effort for me. As I looked to her face she was crying and very emotionally told me "this is why I don't want to rush things." We embraced and this is when I woke up, and I was crying my eyes out, probably the hardest I've ever cried in my life. The surge of emotion that I felt was unlike anything I have ever experienced. So much that I said I love you three times and recited something like a wedding vow that I cannot remember but at the time rolled off my tongue like I had written and memorized it.

The series of dream that have followed are very similar to yours Knight Mare as they have similar themes such as Tennis, Airports, and this women not knowing who I am at a ballroom dance where we were both wearing; I a suit, her a dress colored maroon and too big for both of us. I've documented them somewhat and I can post them if you'd like to read them.

The first dream was almost six months ago and they have had such a massive effect on my disposition even my day to day, as these dreams progressed I feel like I may have lost the most important person in my life, but have had no one enter it since. I have fought off probably the worst bought of depression I've ever faced. All because of a dream.

My man, do believe in soul mates? I ask because every time I awoke that was one of the first things that came to my mind. the dreams about her have since stopped and the very last dream I saw her with a different haircut and another man cleaning a basement with a garden hose and she told me "thanks for your understanding Josh" I feel like I've lost someone very special. I wonder sometimes if these are premonitions of future events or happenings of preparedness? Can our subconscious truly prepare us for certain life events that are about to happen?

There is some really great information here in this thread, and when I started reading it couldn't believe the similarities. Maybe it does matter. I did something very out of character for me and joined Match.com to try and cope with this, just to see what happens. I will post the write ups of the dreams I had if anyone wants to read them.
jaeCdila
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Knight Mare » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:10 am

Sorry jaeCdila, I haven't been here a while since I pretty much gave up on the meaning of my dreams. And I haven't had any dreams about the girl anymore, maybe because I told myself not to, unless the message was clear.

I can't tell you anything about the meaning of your dreams. You seem to have had more negative feelings with them, though.
With the soulmate thing, it is just as with reincarnation and so, I don't know. I can't say I do or don't believe in it, I just don't know. I guess I hope it's real.

There is something I want to ask you and it might be a bit weird. I hope you understand what I mean.
For many years I have had these weird feelings of having a different life in a different country. I'm not sure how to explain as I don't know myself what they really are and why. They're triggered by something I see, hear or smell or a combination of them and they last just a split second. Over the years they've become stronger and more frequently, especially since the dreams of the girl and they now seem to be related to her somehow. (The country I think the feelings relate to is the country the girl lives in. And I'm having them the most when the sun is shining.)
I'm also having more déjà vus.
Do you recognize anything in this and having this too?
Knight Mare
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:00 pm

Knight Mare wrote:gave up on the meaning of my dreams.
Knight Mare wrote:@Sheena: I don't care for tennis.
No wonder. This one elides making meaning entirely.
Sheena
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Postby jaeCdila » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:44 pm

I don't know. For myself the series of dreams that I experienced, which expanded all the way from Oct to mid Feb., where occasionally accompanied by waking....messages(?) and occasionally visions in my minds eye. There are two that I specifically remember the first was "ready to meet the women that's going to save your life?" and the other was "ready to show her what a real man is?"

the images in my minds eye where very random and many times where of people i've never seen or met. So much has happened since that first dream I really can't pinpoint anything and honestly very difficult for me to write now as the feeling of loss is creeping back.

One however in particular was of our earth from space, and a beacon that pulled parts of the atmosphere up in bubbles. I then saw the beacon and an iridescent fish traveling through space towards the outer reaches of our solar system. They were met by a guide that looked like a white fox "who said here comes trouble". This is no bull sh#t. I should note too that the man who was cleaning her basement, had the same characteristics as myself at certain points in my dreams about her. Particularly the way my stomach looks.

As far as a feeling of a different life in my waking moments, no I've never experienced that. But this was a very difficult thing for me to go through and yet i've gone through none of it. Does that make sense?
Sh#t dude i was an emotional WRECK in December thru January and Im a pretty grounded stable person

What I think this was, ......... I was exposed to my soul mate, maybe by divinity maybe by an awakening of my subconcious, my one true soul mate, the other part of my soul. I say this because my outlook and general persona changed when these dreams started, I felt very complete. And now I feel like I am missing something there's a hole somewhere. And because of my choices and life path, the things that happened to me in life, how far apart we were, had been, and are now; she was given to, chosen by, or chose someone like myself. Or it was an awakening of my subconcious preparing me for meeting my soulmate sometime later in life.

I probably sound like nutcase and I've internalized all of this because it was just so left field. I rember a lot of the dreams as most of them were very lucid, to write them down would be a small chapter in a book. but I remember them.

Good luck man and again thanks to everyone else who wrote up something in regards to this particular subject, because whatever it helped me realized it helped me deal with this with a little bit of understanding. Cheers
jaeCdila
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Knight Mare » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:24 pm

Sheena wrote:
Knight Mare wrote:gave up on the meaning of my dreams.
Knight Mare wrote:@Sheena: I don't care for tennis.
No wonder. This one elides making meaning entirely.

How do you mean exactly?

@jaeCdila: Dreams can feel very real, so in some way you did experience what you dreamt. I had a wonderful dream once and when I woke up it took me around 10 seconds before I realized it wasn't real. It was a huge disappointment.
Lately I often wake up with a positive feeling and I don't know why, but I guess dreams have an influence on that. Also the weird short feelings I have during the day, feel good, although I don't know what they really are and what they mean and why they're there.

About your visions, I think I have something similar, only I try to summon them. When I go to bed, before going to sleep, I try to stop thinking and just feel. Often I would start seeing moving images of mostly people in front of me for a short time. The images are a bit vague and last just a few seconds. Most of the time the people aree strangers and they're often talking (without sounds).
I've seen the girl I've dreamt of one time when she was holding a notepad with a pen and then she looked up from the notepad and smiled at me. Now I don't know the origin of these images I see and if I have to interpret them as if they're dreams.

I hope soulmates exist and that you'll indeed meet her soon. But be careful. Don't let a great woman go, because she's not the one from your dreams. Also your mind can play tricks with you. Don't confuse your hopes and wishes with your intuition.
Knight Mare
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Knight Mare » Fri May 12, 2017 3:59 pm

It were only a few weeks without the dreams about the girl. (Or maybe I just didn't remember them.) I don't really want these dreams, but the more I have them, the more I think about them and probably the more I'll have them.
As I want to get better at interpreting my dreams, I'll use these as they appear to be related to eachother. That could make it easier. And I also hope that one day I can tell you here what it all was about and that it may also help others.

One dream I had may suggest I'm searching in the wrong area.

I dreamed there was a field of grass, with the thickest and greenest grass I've ever seen, there were some small wooden houses or sheds with doorways without doors and bright white lights coming from them. Inside there were handles on ropes to pull you in. I picked one and jumped in and grabbed the handle, but the girl grabbed my legs and pulled me out again. I was lying on my back on the grass and the girl stood over me looking annoyed. Behind me was a white void with white light. I saw just a small part of it from the corner of my eye. I said to the girl she just had to be clear to me and the moment I thought she might tell me or pick me up and turn me to the light and show me, I woke up.

The meaning is probably that I just picked an interpretation of the dreams and it's the wrong one. There's no hint or anything I can find to help me in the right direction.

Another dream may be pointing to the need to communicate somehow with a part of myself to progress?

In this dream I woke up in my bed, feeling I could and should call the girl, as she's my girlfriend (only in the dream of course). There was a short vision of my cell phone with a picture of her and her number on the screen, though too vague to clearly see. I hadn't been calling her, because I couldn't believe she's my girlfriend and that I'm preoccupied with other women. (The women I'm preoccupied with in the dream (they weren't in the dream but I knew it was about them) I also think about in real life. One girl from my past I still have some sort of feelings for and one I met in a pub and am interested in.) I got out of bed and sat down behind my computer to check my girlfriend's profile on a social medium. She had posted a couple of pictures of her brother and a couple of herself. Next to the pictures of her she commented she was in tears, because she was threatened by a man with a gun on her job. Her tooth was broken, but fixed and you could still see where it broke off. At this point I was totally forgotten she's my girlfriend.

Anyone anything on this? I also wonder what the other girls have to do with this.
There's nothing going on in my life that wasn't going on before the dreams. That would've made it easier to connect it to something.

There were more dreams, but then it would get very long.
Dreaming about what the girl represents is fine to me, but I don't like to dream about the girl herself. I'm starting to have strong feelings for this girl in my dreams. I very much don't want to develop real feelings for a girl that does not exist as a person with a real life counterpart that is probably nothing like her and is out of reach.
Knight Mare
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Another very vivid dream about a girl

Postby Superman1 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:36 pm

Getting strong feelings for the real girl could confirm it's about the feelings area, or certainly what this girl represents has a strong attraction - just like girls have.

SECOND DREAM
I like your interpretation of this one, to communicate (or connect), with a part of yourself she means.
You woke up to this, but couldn't see clearly how to connect with her, because you couldn't believe it. You were preoccupied with other women might be you are preoccupied with the idea or interested, but not taking it further. Maybe too preoccupied with your past, or past feelings, and that would mean preoccupied within the other area too - the social area the pub would mean.

So you got up probably to check your thinking, about the social medium:
There probably couldn't be a bigger hint than the pictures of her brother and a couple of herself, to make a real couple within you of her and you - the brother in that sense - not distant like social media.
So it may follow that this side of you was sad, because you threaten to kill it, due to remaining too disconnected from it.
Finally, her tooth broken might be the communication area you have tried to fix. Being one tooth could mean being, or feeling, too alone in some sense.
You have forgotten this other side of you that attracts you.

FIRST DREAM
The first dream can come to light as being a precursor to the second.
It looks like you want the lushest growth and aliveness, underfoot or in your progress, but you have built what is wooden and maybe not the main thing, or sort of substandard, in yourself. That highlights feelings or emotions, and it may be these you shy away from that makes you hate the dreams with the girl, who largely represents them.
So there are doorways but no doors might mean you want to be open, and you see the light of this. Open inside and therefore open to the outside world.

But if you have no handle to hold onto, you must pull yourself inside yourself. See how strange this is though, instead of just going through the open door, that has bright light.
So the girl grabbed you out of that, and you were annoyed. It looks like because her light, or seeing, was void. You were not seeing it head on, but out the corner of your eye.
Though you want it clear, to pick yourself up and see the light.
So this can fit with your view that this dream may suggest you're searching in the wrong area.

Getting strong feelings for the real girl that has become a problem should be helped by realizing that the girl of your dreams is primarily a symbol of yourself.
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Knight Mare » Wed May 17, 2017 2:29 pm

In some way it makes sense what you say, although it's hard to see the link to my life. If I knew what the girl represents, perhaps it would be easier. It's like I'm being told to do or change something, but not exactly what and that's the key part really. I'm not getting or seeing a clear hint to what it is.

What could riding someone's back mean? I'm not going to write down the whole dream, but I dreamed I moved to the country and city where the real life version of the girl lives, to move in with her. At some point we were walking through the city and I got onto her back and she took off in the air, landed again some distance away and walked into a mall with me still on her back. I felt a bit guilty for doing it. Before really moving in with her I was going to stay in a hotel for a day.

Moving in with her probably stands for a union and the hotel for a transition.
Knight Mare
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Very vivid dream about a girl - riding someone's back

Postby Superman1 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:46 pm

Maybe it's just about what we all want, in us or in any kind of relationship.

Maybe riding her back means not working for whatever she means, hence guilt.
Yeh, moving to where she really lives can mean making this real.
It's like she could lift you, maybe as well as it's up in the air, but maybe you want to 'buy' it or pay for it.
So the hotel may mean what is in the way - not doing it yourself - and temporary not permanant with 'her' which you really want.
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Knight Mare » Fri May 19, 2017 2:15 pm

I was thinking that I may not need to take any action. Although I felt guilty riding on her back, she didn't mind at all. There may be no need to work for it and I don't have to feel guilty.
In a dream I posted earlier, I was in bed and that could denote the risk of dozing off, but she got into bed with me, so it could mean I don't have to get out of bed.

You at least have a way of looking at things I haven't thought about.
Knight Mare
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Superman1 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:12 pm

Ahh yes, riding her back can mean, like a horse propels you forward, she can. So you wanted to get where she is.
Hmm, maybe guilty for not having that, which she can fix.

You know it could just be as simple as wanting a girlfriend (that TenderLC said! Her last post may have hit the nail on the head. Sorry. Doh! Though it may be about girls generally) as you seem to be considering. And perhaps that depending on her a bit is not wrong, so you don't have to feel guilty. (And I rudely interrupted her. Doh! DOH!!)
And you got that answer straight away as well, at the top, Knight Mare (a good name by the way). No wonder you couldn't relate to anything I said. But you can to that, right?
Last edited by Superman1 on Sat May 20, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Re: Very vivid dream about a girlfriend

Postby Superman1 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:22 pm

:oops: So I may have to do a 180. And very quickly review all your dreams, in order:

That real girl you have not met, but have messaged, may represent that, who you know plays or used to play tennis. She seems a bit special.
A girl will brighten up and warm up your life, tennis is one-on-one.
Ideally you want love between you, which can explain: "Why was it so much more intense than any other dream?"

The dream where she laughed at you, when she got into bed with you, can be your fear of it going wrong, or her not reciprocating.
So then you had the dream she married someone else.
Then the dream to meet her, where you had to hurry, before someone else gets her.

Let's face it, what higher dream does anyone have in this world, usually?

Then the ones about social media can be communicating with the girl. Perhaps preoccupied with the past regarding girls, or the past influences you or holds you back.
Maybe even being her brother can mean wanting to relate to her that well, being that close.
So maybe you got annoyed for not seeing that light, or being open or direct with her. Which is losing the chance again.
Finally, this might mean the guilt. Or maybe you expect her to.

Though you said you can't relate it to your life, I still wonder though about the symbolic aspect.
Ultimately a dream is about yourself. So finding her can be like finding yourself.
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Knight Mare » Sun May 21, 2017 3:48 pm

The girl from my past is the only other woman that is special to me. We did fall in love with each other, but we never had anything because the situation was difficult. We don't have contact anymore, but the few times I saw her, I sensed she still has some feelings for me too. She has someone now and I hope it will work out well for her and even if it doesn't, I decided I never want anything with her anymore.
So I'll need to find something better to forget her, so to say.
That I asked if the dreams could have been of what I hope or wish for, is not because I thought or felt it, but feared it. These dreams only make things worse and don't tell me anything I didn't already know.
Knight Mare
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Very long vivid dream about a girl

Postby Superman1 » Sun May 21, 2017 7:11 pm

Yes, as long as that fear persists, so might the dreams.
It is possible you could now try to change your thinking ~ which you might say is the dream's message; dare to defy past experience and be more positive for the hope of it. Believe the vision you want instead of fear.
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby jaeCdila » Wed May 24, 2017 4:46 pm

Just thought id check in and see how you were doing KnightMare and give you an update of my current situation.

I see that you are still dreaming about the woman, chasing her if you will. Mine have stopped altogether. Its because I've met her. I started a new job in in March and sure enough same women, hair up, dorky glasses, absolutely beautiful.

She your twin soul buddy, your twin flame, and you will no doubt meet her very soon, stop looking and you'll find her. My advice to you; keep your higher power and whatever you believe right in your life, because it's not going to be what you want it to be, just keep your faith and read about it there is a lot of info, some good, some bad but you'll find the answers if you search.

Good luck, this is a shitty thing to have to go through, I'm 36 and shes 19 and sleeping with the manager to get ahead and what she wants. Expect an age difference. I know who she is and she's too young to have experienced life enough to see it. Your there to help each other grow spiritually and as a person, if you get to be romantically involved, then congratulations it's a the greatest gift of life. If you wanna hear more partner just ask and I'll keep you up to date. Good luck my friend.
jaeCdila
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Knight Mare » Fri May 26, 2017 2:21 pm

It's really amazing that you actually met the girl from your dreams. Did she dream about you too and does she know you had dreams about her?

I strongly doubt the girl from my dreams is a soulmate or anything.
You never saw the girl before the dreams, I did. Why didn't I dream about her before seeing her or at least don't remember doing so?
And it's not very likely that I'll meet her. She lives on a whole other continent. She was born about 20 miles from where I live, but she moved 1000's of miles away with her family.
I don't have a reason to go there and she not to come here.

edit:
So I read some stuff about twin flames as you said and I've never heard of it before. On one hand it's just too weird to believe, but on the other hand...
I did tell in an earlier post that for many years I sometimes have a feeling of having a different life in a different country. Because of that I've been wondering for a couple of years if it is possible to be more than one person at the same time. This does come close to the twin flame thing.
There are more things that correspond to it. There is indeed an age gap e.g. She's almost 12 years younger than I.

Some time ago I was dreaming I was holding a very lifelike sculpture of her head in my hand and I looked into the eyes of the sculpture and said to myself "She has the exact same eyes as I.". Which is absolutely not the case. (The focus in dreams about her are often on her eyes.)
Almost every dream I had about her can be explained with the twin flame idea and it would make some sort of sense, but I'm afraid that I may be going to project this onto her and that it's all false and I'm just misleading myself. That can get painful.
Knight Mare
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to General Dream Discussion