Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Digging Up the Dead

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Digging Up the Dead

Postby Periwinkle » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:45 pm

(Context: I'm currently dating someone I've known since middle school. I'll call him Trent. Although we grew up in the same schools, I didn't have a formal conversation, with him, until about junior year of high school. By that time, a lot had happened to Trent, the main one being that his mother had died from cancer when he was about 13/14 years-old. To this day, I sincerely feel bad that I wasn't there for him. I ask lots of questions about his mother and he readily answers them. He had taken me to his mother's grave a few weeks ago.)

Last night, I dreamt I went with Trent to visit his mother's grave. Rather than standing by the headstone to pay our respects, Trent got out the shovel. The sun was beaming down on us as he began going to work on his mother's plot. As time passed, more people started showing up in the cemetery to dig up their loved ones. Some people even made a party of it and brought their six-packs, grills, steaks, and lawn chairs. Eventually the cemetery was absolutely filled with living mixed with dead. A few hours passed and Trent successfully unearthed his mother's coffin. I stepped backward as Trent opened the coffin lid, dreading what remained inside.

His mother was surprisingly well-preserved, almost mummified. She had wispy blonde hair and wore a conservative blue dress. Strange was that, in the dream, his mother had died from a car accident. There were no visible wounds on her. Unfortunately, Trent was not careful enough when he opened the lid and he ended up getting tons of dirt inside the coffin. Visitors began to branch out to other people, sharing their food and drinks. A couple people approached Trent and I to inquire about his mother, among other topics. We formed a circle to chat and Trent's mother ended up being a part of that circle. Trent would occasionally make a quip to his mother and, of course, no answers from her. As the sun began to set, Trent got to work putting his mother back into the ground. A family from a neighboring plot forgot to bury their loved one and the coffin was just sitting there. Trent decided to bury that person along with his mother. Rather than making a separate hole, however, Trent decided to place the two coffins into the same hole, the stranger's coffin on the bottom and his mother's coffin on top. I worried that this family wouldn't know where their loved one went, but Trent carried out his plan with such self-assurance that I decided not to intervene.
My very own store:

http://www.zazzle.com:80/thedizzyowl

Stop by and check out some of my sweet shirts, mugs, tote bags, etc, if you like.
Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Re: Digging Up the Dead

Postby Gus Who » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:20 am

Kind of like opening up the genie bottle ... hear

Do you really want to know WAT... :yikes

I take Trent does not believe in Ghost ... but respect a tradition (what faith is Trent?)
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Periwinkle » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:19 pm

He's Agnostic.
My very own store:

Stop by and check out some of my sweet shirts, mugs, tote bags, etc, if you like.
Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby Gus Who » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:46 pm

Oh... That’s why he put them in the same hole...
... as you should understand the meaning of ‘Car’... so your meeting her this way was accidental ...

so... are you the 1st, or were there others?
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Periwinkle » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:38 pm

I guess it was an accident, in a way. Trent had a string of bad luck, one evening while we were together, and he wanted to get away for a little bit. It was late and we decided to grab some comfort food from one of the few places still open. The restaurant we went to was a little ways past his mother's grave, so we ended up going there after dinner.

Do you mean the first of his significant others to visit his mother's grave? I'm not sure. I suspect I'm the first to leave a coin, though. Trent leaves a coin every time he visits, so I put one down, too. He seemed genuinely surprised/touched.
My very own store:

Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby Gus Who » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:54 am

Yes, given this is (Holy Ghost) lingo ( :2cents: )... so HOW did you know she crossed by ‘car... “accident‘? ... and ...do you recall remembering another name while visiting the pumpkin patch? (or the batty land, :neer: as this is digging up buried...) as if they were all happy to see you ... Did she (Trent’s mom) say anything to you.. or wat?? :?:

:whistling: ... on another right, ... a string of bad luck... :creeping: is a curse (you should take it from a ball player... )
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Periwinkle » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:02 am

Gus Who wrote::whistling: ... on another right, ... a string of bad luck... :creeping: is a curse (you should take it from a ball player... )

I wouldn't call it so-much a curse. When I first got to Trent's apartment, one of his roommates blew up at her fiancee over some food he'd left out. Somehow, all four of us ended up in Trent's room, with Trent playing counselor for most of the argument. That went on for a while. Eventually, I got hungry and asked Trent if we could grab Mexican. This ended up somewhat diffusing the argument with his two roommates, as Trent offered to bring them something back.

Before going into the restaurant, we decided to visit the liquor store, first (the restaurant was B.Y.O.B). Trent's ex had been standing by the inside-entrance and saw us the second we entered the store. Crazy doesn't begin to cover this woman. They've been broken up for a long time (well before we reconnected), but she still freaks out whenever she sees us together. We weren't even holding hands or doing anything that would imply we were a couple. That devolved into yet another argument and, by the time it was done with, the restaurant we initially wanted to go to was closed. And you know the rest from my last post.

Gus Who wrote:Yes, given this is (Holy Ghost) lingo ( :2cents: )... so HOW did you know she crossed by ‘car... “accident‘? ... and ...do you recall remembering another name while visiting the pumpkin patch? (or the batty land, :neer: as this is digging up buried...) as if they were all happy to see you ... Did she (Trent’s mom) say anything to you.. or wat?? :?:

:whistling: ... on another right, ... a string of bad luck... :creeping: is a curse (you should take it from a ball player... )

Any other names? Sorta. Trent's mother is buried right in our hometown, so several of our former classmates also have loved ones buried in that cemetery. They were more of Trent's friends, growing up, than mine, though.

I never met Trent's mom. I don't even know what she looks like. I will say, though, based on what Trent told me, she sounds somewhat similar to my own mom. Trent and I were both shy/anxious kids and both our mothers were very outgoing. They both tried to find ways to open us up and soothe our anxious thoughts. He said his mom probably would have liked me.
My very own store:

Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby Gus Who » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:13 pm

Well, this came across like her Spirit was ... as ‘car accident’ would be a code in this .. language ...

as Trent was ... meet the mother in law ... dream-mood (wat’s up)

as the party was what followed...

So you kind of know her... :2cents:
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby raymond1234 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:36 am

It sounds like you are very emotionally involved with your friend.
Digging up the graves and having a social party might be a way of suggesting that he has accepted her death and is okay discussing it.
The blue dress might be a sign of higher consciousness or communication. The blue (throat) chakra represents communication, indigo (forehead, third eye) is Intuition, and the crown chakra (Purple) represents Higher Intelligence. I guess it depends on the shade of blue.

I don't know what it means when he buried another person on top of his mother. Perhaps it might be him in the coffin. He is ready to bury the part of him that is hurting or it could be the little boy of 13 that died when he mother was killed in an accident.

Maybe it means that he has buried the part of him that has been hurting and he is ready to move on with a new life, specifically with you.

Despite the environment of the dream, it actually seems like a good one to have.

Good luck
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to General Dream Discussion