Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Movies You'll Never Watch Again

Recommend, review, and discuss shows and movies that you have watched. Talk about actors, directors and scripts.

Movies You'll Never Watch Again

Postby dreamer411 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:14 am

What movies will you never watch again, and why?
Welcome to my nightmare.
dreamer411
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Re: Movies You'll Never Watch Again

Postby SamZee » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:30 pm

Ugh, Before The Devil Knows You're Dead. I fucking hated it. My friends have the worst taste. They wanted to watch a movie on Netflix and I KNEW they'd pick something terrible -- they always do. None of them had seen it yet, but had heard from other friends with more bad taste that it was good. It was just senseless human misery. Seriously, nothing remotely likable about it. That goddamn movie abuses the audience. I could not cleanse myself of it for a very long time. I wish I could completely forget it. Fucking trash. I know I don't swear like that too often on here, but it was that emotionally disturbing.
SamZee
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

Postby Larry Grogan » Mon May 06, 2013 7:45 pm

The Untouchables. Unrealistic portrayal of the time period, bad plot, bad dialogue, unbelievable scenes. Especially awful considering how many talented actors were wasted in it.
Larry Grogan
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby dreamer411 » Sat May 18, 2013 5:52 am

How about The Time Machine? The concept and even the acting were okay, but the storyline and special effects really sucked. And yes, I know it was made in the 60's, but still.
Welcome to my nightmare.
dreamer411
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Justified » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Road house :lol: just remember watching it once and thought it stunk.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Justified
The Grey Knight
The Grey Knight

Postby herodj » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:21 pm

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Turtles In Time
herodj
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby DeepSleeper44 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:43 pm

SamZee wrote:Ugh, Before The Devil Knows You're Dead. I fucking hated it. My friends have the worst taste. They wanted to watch a movie on Netflix and I KNEW they'd pick something terrible -- they always do. None of them had seen it yet, but had heard from other friends with more bad taste that it was good. It was just senseless human misery. Seriously, nothing remotely likable about it. That goddamn movie abuses the audience. I could not cleanse myself of it for a very long time. I wish I could completely forget it. Fucking trash. I know I don't swear like that too often on here, but it was that emotionally disturbing.

Damn, that's some vicious shade that you're throwing on the late great Sidney Lumet, SamZee. Sorry to hear you hated it so much. I had the opposite reaction to it- I thought it was one of the best films of 2007. :whistling:
DeepSleeper44
Dreaming Day N Night
Dreaming Day N Night

Postby SamZee » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:51 pm

Heh, yes it is, but you need to first understand where I'm coming from. I'm extremely sensitive. When I watch a movie, I become those characters. So when a movie is that emotionally abusive, it wrecks me. For those 2 hours or whatever, that movie I'm watching becomes my world and stays that way for a while. That's how much I feel this stuff. So it becomes really hard for me to remove myself from that for a long time. I know I'm different than most people, but no movie should ever affect me like that. It's abuse.
SamZee
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

Postby VenusInChains » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:22 am

I'm kinda like you samzee, I can no longer watch horror movies because I'm just over sensitive about it. I used to like the plot/twist to the Saw movies, but since my pregnancy I found that its just a little overwhelming for me watch anything that graphic.

If this topic is more about movies that were boring, then I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I wouldn't waste my time watching Twilight again.
Oh well
Whatever
Never mind
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World

Postby DeepSleeper44 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:18 am

SamZee wrote:Heh, yes it is, but you need to first understand where I'm coming from. I'm extremely sensitive. When I watch a movie, I become those characters. So when a movie is that emotionally abusive, it wrecks me. For those 2 hours or whatever, that movie I'm watching becomes my world and stays that way for a while. That's how much I feel this stuff. So it becomes really hard for me to remove myself from that for a long time. I know I'm different than most people, but no movie should ever affect me like that. It's abuse.

Fair enough.
DeepSleeper44
Dreaming Day N Night
Dreaming Day N Night

Postby Soulkiss333 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:46 am

A Space Odyssey 2001(I like 2010 better)
Oh god, was that boring, thought I was going to slip into a coma. I read the book too. Yes, I got it. I know it was ground breaking for IT'S TIME. But not now. I think there is only three reasons why someone would like that movie: 1. Drugs, 2. A film major (more about the filming than the movie content like the angles, etc), and 3. Group think (psychological term for if enough ppl (most) say something about something you will be influence by that belief and take it has your own). I like profound or obscure work, but sometimes in movies they try too hard and it misses and I feel that way about this movie, they try too hard to make it profound when the coolest and most interesting thing about the movie was Hal's voice. The scenes dragged on and on, it was way too long of absolutely nothing, Like the psychedelic journey at the end...boring and so long!!! Luckily, I read the book and knew what was going on (even tho the book is different). anyway, I could go on and on about how bad I think that movie is and after all the hype for decades it was a complete let down when I watch it.

Same thing for the movie Eraserhead (I love david lynch's movies. btw like memento one of my all time favorites) However, this one the scenes are just too long, it was strange enough for me but again I felt they were trying to hard to be profound or obscure and it was over done that it just wasnt enjoyable. I think the only reasons why ppl rave about this movie so much is for the same 3 reasons I gave for a space odyssey.

Both movies remind me of some minimalist art (where there is only a few solid colors on a painting (if that) and people rave about it and spend thousands on it and I am like why.
this is example..like really what so great about that

or lets pay money to look at this
ppl get all profound and analytical about it

and the only things this type of art and movies make me think is that, Insanity: really is contagious. Now if you like this stuff that is your business and each to their own and I mean no disrespect but really.
"This perfect moment is brought to you by the mummified middle finger of Galileo, which is on display in a museum in Italy. May it inspire you to flip the bird at anyone who proudly embodies the kind of high level idiocy Galileo had endure."
Soulkiss333
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby VenusInChains » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:33 pm

You know, I'd forgotten about 2001 Space Odyssey. It would have been great for its time, but toward the end of the movie, there is about 20 continual minutes of psychedelic shapes and colours. Maybe someone taking an acid trip would enjoy it. The storyline was interesting, but the scenes were long and it kinda took a long time to get into any of the story. I have to agree with you Soulkiss, the movie was a let down and I wouldn't waste the time watching again.
Oh well
Whatever
Never mind
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World

Postby VenusInChains » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:55 am

Requiem for a dream.
I cannot watch this again because I found it so depressing. If you haven't seen it, I still recommend you watch it, but you will probably understand why this can only be watched once.
Oh well
Whatever
Never mind
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World

Postby Soulkiss333 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:48 am

I really like that movie (I seen it twice, I have it)...but yeah there is no happy ending for anyone...probably why they name it requiem for a dream.
"This perfect moment is brought to you by the mummified middle finger of Galileo, which is on display in a museum in Italy. May it inspire you to flip the bird at anyone who proudly embodies the kind of high level idiocy Galileo had endure."
Soulkiss333
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Virtus » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:42 pm

the first transformers movie...
...I never did watch the rest of the series...
Our eyes deceive us more than we know, and less than we think.
Virtus
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Sauron » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:26 am

James Cameron's Avatar - it was boring and its plot and setting are far from original.
Transformers - It's a Michael Bay flick, nothing but explosions and poor story writing.
Sauron
The Dark Lord
The Dark Lord

Postby sentaru » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:36 pm

Tombstone. It never ends... It always looks like it's the dramatic ending and it just... never ends. I was actually waiting for the words "just kidding" after the credits started rolling.
sentaru
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby WonderousOne » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:15 pm

YEAR ONE That's time I'll never get back. It sucked so awful.
WonderousOne
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby darkanomoly » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:45 pm

Some lesbian chick flick, I forget the name.
darkanomoly
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby WonderousOne » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:25 am

Jack N Jill with Adam Sandler Should be banned.
WonderousOne
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby bipolar lady » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:31 am

grand tarino

any of the die hard movies

bewitched
bipolar lady
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby otherworlds » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:55 am

The wolf of wall street because they screwed it up. The ones Eli Wallach were in (1985 and 2010) were supposed to be classic but this one just seems to make it a joke. Besides it didnt suit Leo to be efffin and binding as he was.
otherworlds
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Return to Television And Movies