Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

zombie movies

Recommend, review, and discuss shows and movies that you have watched. Talk about actors, directors and scripts.

zombie movies

Postby nubia7 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:11 pm

why are there so many zombie movies it seems like we are given so many why? is some one trying to tell us something with all the spraying the chemicals in the air its really strange to me
nubia7
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: zombie movies

Postby Sheena » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:48 pm

Zombies are an outgrown of vampire myth. Such myths arise during periods of extreme cultural upheaval. They function to define a scapegoat and solidify the unity of mainstream identity. In particular the zombie stories void the taboos against violence and murder. In current war culture in the West that could explain the phenomenon.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby VenusInChains » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:38 pm

I think it's interesting how the story about zombies has changed by Hollywood and literature. The origins of zombies come from Haitian voodoo, and they became mindless slaves after consuming some powder and "dying". They didn't eat human flesh and you don't become one if it attacked you.

It's a popular theme and Hollywood wants to create successful movies to generate money.
Oh well
Whatever
Never mind
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World

Postby Sheena » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:57 am

What was the concurrence of the Haitian revolution with the proto-historical blurb presented?
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby VenusInChains » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:13 am

Well I think the whole Haitian zombie is a more probable situatian, minus the supernatural element. There is a tree found in South America that has flowers with psychoactive compound, when it's crushed up and inhaled a person loses their free will. People use this drug as a means of controlling someone and usually make their victim hand over their money, basically robbing them without resistance. If such substance exists, then I think it's possible to do more than just the rob them of their money and valuables.
Oh well
Whatever
Never mind
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World

Postby Sheena » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:13 pm

The picture described by nu represents a common submissive wish to be controlled. Then you do what you want under the will of another and are indemnified from blame and consequences. One of the keenest attractions of the myth.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Borg139 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:59 pm

Sheena wrote:The picture described by nu represents a common submissive wish to be controlled. Then you do what you want under the will of another and are indemnified from blame and consequences. One of the keenest attractions of the myth.

more sheena quotes

Title should be recurrent. What a toxic Narcissist!! Bet your Lord is a pompous ass.
Dreamer is insane and a snob recurrent. About the same quantity of response as mass murder,
don't bother with this time-wasting asshole. tm, can you please go fuck yourself.
ev has nothing better to do when his daughter won't have sex with him.
Borg139
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby otherworlds » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:55 pm

I would reccomend watching "Hide and Creep" a comical take on the classic night of the living dead.
otherworlds
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby horradreem » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:47 pm

What's weirder is [i]why[i] I love zombie movies so much...
Watch scouts guide to the zombie apocalypse
Not well known funny take
horradreem
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby marjudo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:12 am

Zombies are cool. People like see survivors in the actual world. And it's better if they can die everytime, so zombies are perfect. :D
marjudo
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Zombies symbolize life without consciousness. No individuality, complete anarchy, no freedom.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Amalthea » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:57 am

The girl with all the gifts.
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby flowlizjo » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:40 am

I'm a big fan of the Walking Dead. I like other zombie-related movies as well but this TV show seems perfect to me. I've just watched the first two series of the new season with my friends (they like it too). Some of us can't wait till Negan gets out of jail :D We decided to watch those series only together and it's awesome. We feel just like those survivors in the Walking Dead. My friend even found a zombie-related app to see how would we look if bitten by zombie :D Just awesome!
flowlizjo
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Television And Movies