Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

What instruments do you play?

From Pop to Classical, Rock to Trance, Metal, Country or Blues - whatever your musical taste may be, talk about it here. Discuss your favorite artist, recommend a cd, or critique video. Re-live a concert experience or share your mp3 playlist.

What instruments do you play?

Postby whisperwillow108 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:33 pm

hi! I was wondering what instruments you guys play! I play oboe and piano and used to play guitar, but i was crappy at it so I quit. :D
~Things are not what they seem; Nor are they otherwise.~
whisperwillow108
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: What instruments do you play?

Postby X-Ray Vision Goggles » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:35 pm

Does recorder count?
This... Is... Not... Sparta.

I am lost. :(
X-Ray Vision Goggles
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Location: In the dark, unused part of my mind or the bright, creative part, call either one!

Postby whisperwillow108 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:45 pm

yep! sure does! :)
whisperwillow108
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Tazzicus » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:01 pm

I play guitar and it's been my instrument of choice for almost a decade now. I also play some piano, but I'm not so hot at it, so I stick with the pick.
"Hell is not a place you go if you not a christian, it's the failure of your life's greatest ambition."
Tazzicus
Been There! Dreamt That!
Been There! Dreamt That!

Postby X-Ray Vision Goggles » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:56 am

I barely know how to play piano...

X-Ray Vision Goggles
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Location: In the dark, unused part of my mind or the bright, creative part, call either one!

Postby willk » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:41 am

i play guitar, bass guitar and drums, and i know the keys of the piano, but i cant play....
willk
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby whisperwillow108 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:18 pm

cool, guys! :D how long have you been playing for willk?
whisperwillow108
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby X-Ray Vision Goggles » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:00 pm

willk wrote:i play guitar, bass guitar and drums, and i know the keys of the piano, but i cant play....

Can I borrow your brain? I'll give it back in a week........ :whistling:

X-Ray Vision Goggles
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby willk » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:09 pm

i will explain...i started with guitar 3 years and 9...9? months ago with electric guitar... when i learned, i borrowed the bass guitar of a friend for a few weeks, but i dont play for a long time now, a lot of months, since i came to USA (august) and the drums i started playing in a friend's house....at the beggining i couldnt play anything, but just playing always just with my hands i developed coordination...actually i play drums in a band, and in june, we will start to go to practices again...

i am not really good at any instrument, i play just for fun :)
willk
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby whisperwillow108 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:46 am

willk wrote:i will explain...i started with guitar 3 years and 9...9? months ago with electric guitar... when i learned, i borrowed the bass guitar of a friend for a few weeks, but i dont play for a long time now, a lot of months, since i came to USA (august) and the drums i started playing in a friend's house....at the beggining i couldnt play anything, but just playing always just with my hands i developed coordination...actually i play drums in a band, and in june, we will start to go to practices again...

i am not really good at any instrument, i play just for fun :)

That's cool! My dad plays drums and I have a cousin who plays bass and guitar. I've been playing piano for about... hmmm maybe 4 and a half years?? And I've been playing oboe for almost four years. I played guitar for like half a year, but I just wasn't that into it and I never practiced :D
whisperwillow108
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby willk » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:32 pm

i really cant play guitar as much as i want lately....:s
willk
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Samurai Noodlez » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:48 pm

Harmonica off and on for a few years, followed by nothing.

I've considered getting back into it.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft
Samurai Noodlez
cutting edge
cutting edge

Postby willk » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:52 pm

hahah i remember a summerwith friends, that he had a guitar and a harmonica, he started to sing and play guitar while i was playing the harmonica....

it was a blast 8-)
willk
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby X-Ray Vision Goggles » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:11 am

I feel so left out...... I knew I should've taken band..... :(

X-Ray Vision Goggles
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby willk » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:42 am

ive only been one semester in band, and as i changed high school, i quit band :)

band is booooooring
willk
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby whisperwillow108 » Fri May 06, 2011 4:48 pm

willk wrote:ive only been one semester in band, and as i changed high school, i quit band :)

band is booooooring

GASP! Band is so fun! Well, it kinda helps when you have a teacher who pays with bouncy balls in class and throws objects at the children (ex. drumsticks, pens, markers, etc.)
Band is the one class i look forward to, although alot of the kids dont really bother to learn or practice. sometimes i dread having to listen to the kids who cant play because they dont practice play part of a piece. It hurts my ears! :wideeye:
whisperwillow108
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby willk » Fri May 06, 2011 5:50 pm

yeah, is like many people in band or orchestra, they think they are professionals and they dont practice...result? absolute lack of technique, and they think they are well tuned when they are not.... :x :x :x :x
willk
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby whisperwillow108 » Sat May 07, 2011 9:07 am

willk wrote:yeah, is like many people in band or orchestra, they think they are professionals and they dont practice...result? absolute lack of technique, and they think they are well tuned when they are not.... :x :x :x :x

IKR! The band i'm in is out of tune a lot... some of the notes just make me want to crawl in a hole :shock:
whisperwillow108
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Theory » Sun May 08, 2011 10:00 am

I have played the Piano, Trumbone, Guitar, Bass Guitar, and my voice of course.
Theory
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby whisperwillow108 » Sun May 08, 2011 11:33 am

Theory wrote:I have played the Piano, Trumbone, Guitar, Bass Guitar, and my voice of course.

Cool! I cant sing for my life....
whisperwillow108
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Theory » Sun May 08, 2011 4:43 pm

its my fav way of makeing music ;)
Theory
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby mystic777 » Fri May 27, 2011 6:24 am

Guitar, Vox, Synthesizers, Drums, Bass for me:)
mystic777
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby a_ritchie92 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:15 am

I play the trombone and sing! I'm about to start studying trombone at Morehead State University, so I'm pretty excited about that. I love to sing too. I'm a... baritone? I guess. No one knows. I'm an All-State SATB member, though. I guess that means something to someone, haha.

Something not a lot of people know, though... I play the upright bass. Otherwise known as the doghouse :D I play in a local bluegrass band and it's a lot of fun.

I love music!
a_ritchie92
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby whisperwillow108 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:47 pm

a_ritchie92 wrote:I play the trombone and sing! I'm about to start studying trombone at Morehead State University, so I'm pretty excited about that. I love to sing too. I'm a... baritone? I guess. No one knows. I'm an All-State SATB member, though. I guess that means something to someone, haha.

Something not a lot of people know, though... I play the upright bass. Otherwise known as the doghouse :D I play in a local bluegrass band and it's a lot of fun.

I love music!

Sweet!! man, I wish I could sing... xD And All-State is good dude!!
whisperwillow108
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby spiritwolf16 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:37 am

I play flute and I can also play the piccolo... I can somewhat play piano...I can't read sheet music but I can figure out the notes to real songs on the piano and play it...

the song Get Out Alive by Three Days Grace? I can play that on the piano just from listening to the notes... I can also play parts of Dango Daikazoku by Clannad and parts of Naraku No Hana by Shimamiya Eiko...so i'm getting there...I can play parts of them on my flute as well without sheet music...
"Yesterday was History. Tomorrow is a Mystery. But Today is a Gift. That's why it's called Present."
spiritwolf16
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby whisperwillow108 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:03 am

spiritwolf16 wrote:I play flute and I can also play the piccolo... I can somewhat play piano...I can't read sheet music but I can figure out the notes to real songs on the piano and play it...

the song Get Out Alive by Three Days Grace? I can play that on the piano just from listening to the notes... I can also play parts of Dango Daikazoku by Clannad and parts of Naraku No Hana by Shimamiya Eiko...so i'm getting there...I can play parts of them on my flute as well without sheet music...

Cool!! I've been working on playing stuff by ear. I've learned Silent Lucidity by Queensryche without sheets and a portion of another song on piano. On oboe, i learned some of Inochi No Namae from Spirited Away and part of A Simple Reflection by Scott D. Davis.
And I love Get Out Alive btw!!
whisperwillow108
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby spiritwolf16 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:43 am

yeaah it's awesome to be able to play by ear...tells ya how strong your senses are! ^-^ and so do I! Get Out Alive is one of my fav songs!
"Yesterday was History. Tomorrow is a Mystery. But Today is a Gift. That's why it's called Present."
spiritwolf16
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby whisperwillow108 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:12 am

spiritwolf16 wrote:yeaah it's awesome to be able to play by ear...tells ya how strong your senses are! ^-^ and so do I! Get Out Alive is one of my fav songs!

yeah!! I've been working on playing by ear. I need to find a new song to do! :D
whisperwillow108
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby spiritwolf16 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:12 am

yeah I haven't played in a while though so im gonna have to pull the flute back out...gotta do that anyway cuz i'm going back into band for my senior year (which i'm going into) so I need to start practicing...

as for the piano it just HAPPENS to be in the family room which is where my stepdad is the most and he can't STAND that thing so I never get to play it... =/
spiritwolf16
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby horseshoe97 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:37 pm

i play piano, keyboard (yes there is a difference), a tiny bit of guitar, the drums- kinda, recorder (only cause of a music class in 5th grade), my voice- though im a suckish singer, and, do tap shoes count? i've danced tap since i was really little and can make the shoes make a pretty sound, not just annoying tippity tap!
i cant play by ear worth s**t. im trying to work on it, but my piano is so out of tune its frustrating and i havent been able to get out my keyboard (which never looses tune) in a while.
and that stinks that your stepdad doesnt like it when you play the piano! my mom always loves it when i play... unless she has a headache.
i like rock and roll. i belive its good for the soul, not modern or rap, but good, old classic rock and roll.
horseshoe97
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby spiritwolf16 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:09 am

yeah my stepdad cant stand it...I always thought it was out of tune but he keep saying that its only one note...lies I say!
spiritwolf16
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby horseshoe97 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:16 am

my guitar was so out of tune, i just spent like 2 hours tuning it. but it sounds much better now!
i like rock and roll. i belive its good for the soul, not modern or rap, but good, old classic rock and roll.
horseshoe97
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby JessicaBunny » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:18 pm

Guitar and some piano
“The truest form of love is how you behave toward someone, not how you feel about them.”
JessicaBunny
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Strider » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:38 pm

whisperwillow108 wrote:
spiritwolf16 wrote:I play flute and I can also play the piccolo... I can somewhat play piano...I can't read sheet music but I can figure out the notes to real songs on the piano and play it...

Cool!! I've been working on playing stuff by ear. I've learned Silent Lucidity by Queensryche without sheets and a portion of another song on piano. On oboe, i learned some of Inochi No Namae from Spirited Away and part of A Simple Reflection by Scott D. Davis.

Omg I don't know any people that listen to Queensryche! I love them!I learned to play Smoke on The water by ear on a piano...i was bored

Oh and I play the frenchhorn, i learned the bagpipes ( it gave me a headache, so i quit) and i learned guitar but i suck at it.
GOING DOWN WITH THIS SHIP

When I thought that I fought this war alone
We were one with our destinies entwined
Strider
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby whisperwillow108 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Strider wrote:
whisperwillow108 wrote:

Omg I don't know any people that listen to Queensryche! I love them!I learned to play Smoke on The water by ear on a piano...i was bored

Oh and I play the frenchhorn, i learned the bagpipes ( it gave me a headache, so i quit) and i learned guitar but i suck at it.

GASP! awesome!!! I LOVE queensryche! ANd Oh my Gawsh! you play french horn?!?! my best friend plays french horn! I love that instrument. It's so beautiful!! :D
whisperwillow108
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby horseshoe97 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:39 pm

my mom wanted to play the french horn while she was in high school... idk how she got into clarinet. i know that i will never stray from guitar, drums, and piano/keyboard. unless i have the option a xylaphone (did i spell that right?), now that looks fun to play.
horseshoe97
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Strider » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:10 pm

Yeah, they're amazing!

and yup. I went to a college football game when i was really little and i remember my cousin's (QB) girlfriend played it in the band and i thought it was the coolest instrument ever...haha
GOING DOWN WITH THIS SHIP

When I thought that I fought this war alone
We were one with our destinies entwined
Strider
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby musician4life » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:38 pm

Guitar, Vocals, some Harmonica, a little Bass, tired drums-failed, some keyboard, just whatever I feel like picking up.

It's nice to see people talking about this.

No one in my area plays instruments. It sucks. :)
"Oh my god... Like Mozart and Johnny Knoxville, my genius cannot be stopped!" -Homer Simpson
musician4life
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby horseshoe97 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:06 am

im sure there is SOMEBODY that plays an instrument. just try asking around.
horseshoe97
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Netb40 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:46 pm

recorder, clarinet, tenor saxaphone and piano
good or great?....you decide!
Netb40
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby physco kid » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:19 pm

i play flute And a little of piano
You're going through so much,But I know that I could be the one to hold you ~ Skillet-Yours to hold
Psychopathy, A carefree life. Insanity, An illusion that can't end ~Insanity English version
physco kid
Dreaming Day N Night
Dreaming Day N Night

Postby Neranyo » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:45 pm

I've got a basic knowledge on how to play a flute, a recorder, I believe it's called.
I've also been tutored for several years in playing the piano, though only once have I performed infront of a large audience.
I also tried playing a bass guitar for half a year, but I just couldn't play it like I was never meant to, so I dropped it.

I really enjoy the sound and music of a piano, I love it! I feel as if my heart speaks through the notes I joyfully play, or my heart listens intensively if it is others who play.

Though recently I've been interested in the Violin, and while I think piano is enough for me... An interest is an interest.
Neranyo
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Geist » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:57 pm

I have a recorder, but when I try to play it I sound like a parakeet in distress.
(No not tape recorder either.)

I do however have a talent to play the piano without recognising the notes.
Life is not seperate from death, it only looks that way-Blackfoot proverb

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.- Navajo proverb.
Geist
Requiem For A Dream
Requiem For A Dream

Postby starreborn » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:31 am

i have an old synthesizer that i play around with. i am one of the few people on my mom's side of the family that does not play guitar, though i would like to learn.
we sense that life is a dark comedy and perhaps we can live with that. however, because the whole thing is written for the entertainment of the gods, too many of the jokes go right over our heads.
starreborn
the Star
the Star

Postby jojo » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Guitar now, in school I played clarinet.
The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away.
jojo
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Jinx1996 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:00 pm

I can play a few chords on guitar, I can play a few little tunes on piano, I played recorder in Elementary school, but now... I'm a singer in my high school Concert Choir. :dj:
"All good music resembles something. Good music stirs by its mysterious resemblance to the objects and feelings which motivated it."
-Jean Cocteau
Jinx1996
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby physco kid » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:21 pm

Random update : :boogie: Yay!!!!! I am gonna play in farmers market with my friend the next school year if possible! The duet should be very interesting :cabbagepatch: Since i am gonna still be playing flute while my friend (who i think will do great) is gonna play cello! :D
You're going through so much,But I know that I could be the one to hold you ~ Skillet-Yours to hold
Psychopathy, A carefree life. Insanity, An illusion that can't end ~Insanity English version
physco kid
Dreaming Day N Night
Dreaming Day N Night

Postby Hysterio » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:23 pm

Hihi! I play rhythm guitar, violin, and I sing :]
Hysterio
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Soulkiss333 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:43 pm

The violin is my favorite instrument. I dont know how to play it. I cant sing unless I sing from my gut (belting out). I cant sing in normal pitch, no voice control.

I can play the piano and the guitar (not that great with the guitar, I still need to practice more) and of course if I can play guitar I can play Bass.
However I can write music really well. Anyone who plays piano can easily write music. I also have a friend that plays guitar professionally and he also learn piano as a child and he said is so glad he did because it has made it so much easier to write music. I just put that in there in case anyone wants to write music...think about learning the piano.
"This perfect moment is brought to you by the mummified middle finger of Galileo, which is on display in a museum in Italy. May it inspire you to flip the bird at anyone who proudly embodies the kind of high level idiocy Galileo had endure."
Soulkiss333
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Soulkiss333 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:45 pm

starreborn wrote:i have an old synthesizer that i play around with.

that's awesome.
"This perfect moment is brought to you by the mummified middle finger of Galileo, which is on display in a museum in Italy. May it inspire you to flip the bird at anyone who proudly embodies the kind of high level idiocy Galileo had endure."
Soulkiss333
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Next

Return to Music Palooza