Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Research Says Mushrooms Repair Damaged Brain Cells To Trauma

Talk about politics, the government, domestic policies, world affairs, current events, wars, the economy, taxation and anything in the headlines.

Research Says Mushrooms Repair Damaged Brain Cells To Trauma

Postby Sigrid » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:12 am

http://livefreelivenatural.com/research ... re-trauma/

LiveFreeLiveNatural wrote:

Have you ever imagined that mushrooms could do a lot for your brain? A new research proves this fact well! Studies conducted by the University of South Florida indicates that an active ingredient present in mushrooms can heal the brain of all those who suffered from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Simply put, extreme trauma may cause brain damage. However, magic mushrooms can repair that damage effectively.

Previous research on the same subject matter was carried out by Imperial College London. According to this research, Psilocybin, a natural compound existing in “shrooms” arouses growth of brain’s new cells while erasing frightening memories. According to Dr. Juan Sanchez-Ramos, the co-author of the study, mice that were conditioned for fearing electric shock on hearing the noise related with this shock “simply felt their fear reduced.” Psilocybin’s low dose helped them overcome their “fear conditioning.”

How Common Is PTSD?

According to the “PTSD Alliance”, over13 million Americans suffer from PTSD. This condition is mostly relatedwithveterans. Women have a higher chance of getting this trauma because many of them go through interpersonal violence such as, domestic violence, more than men.

Some common symptoms of PTSD include hyper-vigilance, flashbacks, nightmares, memory fragmentation, and dissociation. All of these symptoms are psychological, and canbe treated by bringing a change in one’s thought processes. However, research has gone beyond these psychological symptoms. It says that physiological mutations could also bethe reason behind PTSD.

What a Low Dose of Psilocybin Can Do to the Brain.

In a study conducted bySouth FloridaUniversity, mice that were being treated withlight doseof psilocybin were found to have been grown new and healthy brain cells. Furthermore, their overactive and medial “prefrontal cortex” regions (existingcommonlyin PTSD sufferers) returned to start functioning normally. This is the same psilocybin found in mushrooms.

As acknowledged by Dr. Sanchez-Ramos, there has not been any proper way to find out if the mice present in psilocybin experiment actually experienced some altered states of hallucinations or consciousness. Though, the magic mushrooms could be the reason behind the success of the experiment, he believed that the dose was low for causing psychoactive effects.

Psilocybin Can Help Millions.

Various studies indicate that psilocybin given to PTSD patients in low doses will not contribute to bringing them into the state of consciousness. This indicates that, if the dose is administered in its correctquantity, then psilocybin can be assumed to treat PTSD without any higher risks of side effects. All these findings say that magic mushrooms can be a great source of help for all those who want to recover from conditions that are a result of extreme trauma.

The Bottom Line, Anxiety and depression are common mental conditions found in various individuals. Though PTSD is comparatively severe, one thing makes a lot of sense. Growth of new cells of your brain can be influenced byunique propertiesof natural foods. Psilocybin found within magic mushroomsisan example worth sharing here. Taking its higher doses after getting a recommendation fromyour doctor can help you get rid of any trauma.
Superman1 wrote:The more a spoilt little kid is denied its cries for attention, the more it will be forced to look at himself.

Ecclesiastes 1: 18 wrote:For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.
Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Re: Research Says Mushrooms Repair Damaged Brain Cells To Tr

Postby VenusInChains » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:01 am

Are you advocating drug use now? :lol: these types of mushrooms aren't available in the shops unless you live in Amsterdam. *oops I forgot they got banned but you can still get truffles.

On a serious note, I think there should be more research done into psychedelics, too bad they are illegal in most places cause drugs are bad mmkay. I've also read that Lsd can also be benificial for treating mental illnesses like ptsd if used in a safe environment.

I kinda wonder what mr green thinks about this, there aren't a lot of active psychonauts around dreammoods these days.
Oh well
Whatever
Never mind
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World

Postby Sigrid » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:24 am

VenusInChains wrote:Are you advocating drug use now? :lol: these types of mushrooms aren't available in the shops unless you live in Amsterdam. *oops I forgot they got banned but you can still get truffles.

On a serious note, I think there should be more research done into psychedelics, too bad they are illegal in most places cause drugs are bad mmkay. I've also read that Lsd can also be benificial for treating mental illnesses like ptsd if used in a safe environment.

I kinda wonder what mr green thinks about this, there aren't a lot of active psychonauts around dreammoods these days.

I should definitely try out truffles unless this "research" is a fake since a lot of mushrooms have a bad reputation. But personally, I think all plants have at least some good use like marijuana, even if it has a bad reputation, turned to "medical" marijuana which is still not accepted as "medical" for majority of the countries.

The only eye-popper that caught me was a treatment for a trauma. You possibly notice how less dramatic I've become and that's just one of them.
Superman1 wrote:The more a spoilt little kid is denied its cries for attention, the more it will be forced to look at himself.

Ecclesiastes 1: 18 wrote:For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.
Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby Sigrid » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:44 am

Okay truffles don't sound so appealing. Might research Lsd instead

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby VenusInChains » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:32 pm

Have you been eating mushrooms and noticed a change in your mental health? Perhaps its a good thing, but this article is about magic mushrooms - the type that causes hallucinations and are classed as a drug. I doubt what your eating are these specific mushrooms. Truffles (not the chocolate) are fungi like mushrooms. The difference is mushrooms grow above ground and truffles grow under the soil.
Oh well
Whatever
Never mind
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World

Postby Sigrid » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:58 am

VenusInChains wrote:Have you been eating mushrooms and noticed a change in your mental health? Perhaps its a good thing, but this article is about magic mushrooms - the type that causes hallucinations and are classed as a drug. I doubt what your eating are these specific mushrooms. Truffles (not the chocolate) are fungi like mushrooms. The difference is mushrooms grow above ground and truffles grow under the soil.

I haven't tried yet and I won't try the drug. Maybe just try out truffles soon. I don't trust drugs :infinity:

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Return to News And Politics