Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

India's daughter

Talk about politics, the government, domestic policies, world affairs, current events, wars, the economy, taxation and anything in the headlines.

India's daughter

Postby VenusInChains » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:45 am

Maybe you haven't heard much about it, but the BBC did a documentary on the gang rape/murder of an Indian medical student. The documentary has so far been banned in India. Have you watched any of it? I wont go into details because it's pretty disgusting what happened to her and the general opinions of the people in India (including the lawyer) blame her, I couldn't watch all of it.
Oh well
Whatever
Never mind
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World

Re: India's daughter

Postby Sigrid » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:45 am

Rape and early marriage in Muslim extremists who implemented Sharia Law is also disgusting. There's so many wrong in this world.

We need more open-minded people. I think we should send our real feminists to those areas instead of going out naked for attention (no offense but I think they should catch the eyes of these cruel people)
Superman1 wrote:The more a spoilt little kid is denied its cries for attention, the more it will be forced to look at himself.

Ecclesiastes 1: 18 wrote:For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.
Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby VenusInChains » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:26 pm

Well I don't think Islam is to blame in this case, there are Muslims in India but the majority of people there practice Hinduism. This issue is a cultural one, people in India are brought up on the idea that women are to blame; they shouldn't be leaving the house after dark and if they are showing too much skin they are asking to be raped.
Oh well
Whatever
Never mind
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World

Postby Sigrid » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:08 am

VenusInChains wrote:Well I don't think Islam is to blame in this case, there are Muslims in India but the majority of people there practice Hinduism. This issue is a cultural one, people in India are brought up on the idea that women are to blame; they shouldn't be leaving the house after dark and if they are showing too much skin they are asking to be raped.

Is anyone protesting in India? Surely the government is aware and SHOULD be aware as well as the president. No one will move in the higher ranks unless someone in there is moving.
Superman1 wrote:The more a spoilt little kid is denied its cries for attention, the more it will be forced to look at himself.

Ecclesiastes 1: 18 wrote:For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.
Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby Monica » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:54 am

Oh, it is horrible!
I`ve heard about it
Monica
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to News And Politics