Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Different Forms of Money and Monetary Policy

Talk about politics, the government, domestic policies, world affairs, current events, wars, the economy, taxation and anything in the headlines.

Different Forms of Money and Monetary Policy

Postby Merlina » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:12 am

Lets face it practically all the governments of this planet have been printing their own currency out the wazoo. Something here needs to change, but how can we in effect create a currency that can't be printed on the spot at any time simply for the sake of spending? There's gold, but many people around the world are too poor to even think of purchasing one ounce of gold. There's always the tally stick system, but I highly doubt people will want to carry around a bag full of sticks. Bitcoins are light in weight and there are a limited amount, but this form of asset is risky and it doesn't actually hold a tangible form of value other than being able to trade them for online goods and services. Tell me what you think a perfect currency would be. So far I'm leaning more towards just silver seeing as this is more of a common man's precious metal.
To believe in others is to believe in yourself
Merlina
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: Different Forms of Money and Monetary Policy

Postby SamZee » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:45 pm

Honestly, I don't know very much about global finance. But what I do know is that it's not really the form of money itself that creates the problem. I'm sure there are others, likely more educated than I on the subject, who would greatly disagree. But I think that the form of currency itself isn't the problem. Even electronic exchange. I feel the problems that creates are just symptoms of an underlying disease. And the disease isn't the money itself, it's the people who control the money. We live in financial tyranny, where 96% of the world's (known) wealth belongs to 1% of the population. The federal reserve, the big central banks, they're crooks.

For those who want to go super deep down the rabbit hole: http://divinecosmos.com/start-here/davids-blog/1023-financial-tyranny
SamZee
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

Postby Merlina » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:20 am

You are completely correct about the world living under a financial tyranny and the 96% of the wealth going only to the top 1% of the people. I'll be checking out that link you posted thanks. :)
Merlina
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby SamZee » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:38 am

Welcome! :)

Yeah that link has a LOT of reading material. Altogether it's pretty much a short book, but I think it's one of the best sources of concentrated material on insider info relating to financial tyranny.
SamZee
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

Postby Nostalgic » Wed May 01, 2013 5:35 am

I know nothing about this stuff,

Hubby has talked about purchasing gold though, not a lot as we aren't rich, just a little so we have something as back up.
If we buy a little and the system does collapse gold will obviously be worth more than it is now.
It's not something we have decided to do but have debated whether it would be worth it or not. (Debating being him telling me what he thinks, he understands this stuff more so than me)
I’m back
Nostalgic
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith

Postby alteredmind » Wed May 01, 2013 2:27 pm

have you heard of technocracy? they have made a prediction that the American economy will collap's due to certain factors, I think it had to do partly with jobs being taken bye machines although I thought the economy already collapsed in 2008. technocracy has a form of money but they don't consider it money, It's energy credits in staid witch supposedly is supposed to be better then using money and more efficient. take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technocracy and here http://www.technocracy.org/
alteredmind
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Merlina » Thu May 02, 2013 3:09 pm

Nostalgic wrote:I know nothing about this stuff,

Hubby has talked about purchasing gold though, not a lot as we aren't rich, just a little so we have something as back up.
If we buy a little and the system does collapse gold will obviously be worth more than it is now.
It's not something we have decided to do but have debated whether it would be worth it or not. (Debating being him telling me what he thinks, he understands this stuff more so than me)

Oh gosh, you'd be better off buying silver. It's much cheaper, you can get more of it and it's more highly manipulated paper wise so if the system did collapse you'd gain much more than if you got gold.
Merlina
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby NickSmith@9837 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:59 am

Blockchain could help monetary policy makers turn the time back to money supply targeting.There are 2 different types of money in any modern economy-the base money developed by central banks of their balance sheets and also a broader measure of money that's powered by bank credit. https://miningduck.com provides an example for you " if you need any further information you can search.
NickSmith@9837
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Tyrodos » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:04 am

What you say op doesn't make much difference what the type is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI1i5yhwOz8

I hope for cryptocurrancy to be the main source of money for enviromental reasons.
Tyrodos
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Gus Who » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:39 am

Merlina wrote:Lets face it practically all the governments of this planet have been printing their own currency out the wazoo. Something here needs to change, but how can we in effect create a currency that can't be printed on the spot at any time simply for the sake of spending? There's gold, but many people around the world are too poor to even think of purchasing one ounce of gold. There's always the tally stick system, but I highly doubt people will want to carry around a bag full of sticks. Bitcoins are light in weight and there are a limited amount, but this form of asset is risky and it doesn't actually hold a tangible form of value other than being able to trade them for online goods and services. Tell me what you think a perfect currency would be. So far I'm leaning more towards just silver seeing as this is more of a common man's precious metal.

The perfect currency would be ‘Universal’ as Who’s cents, as it goes to such :2cents:

I call it, ‘Gus Who Ink’ as it is a privately held currency that only the wise can obtain. As it can never decrease in value. :lol: Though one needs a lot of nonsense ( :neer: batty cents ... point .01¢) to make such such sense work.
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby CosmosFool » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:48 pm

As someone has already mentioned above, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies also have to be taken into consideration since they represent a vast number of the global money. People all over the world are using cloud mining services to make a decent profit. You can check the review of such services by yourself here https://cloudminingpro.net/ and let's say it cleearly, crypto has already influenced out lifes hard, it's just some people who refuse to aknowledge it.
CosmosFool
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to News And Politics