Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Queen Elizabeth To ‘Take Back America’ If Trump Elected

Talk about politics, the government, domestic policies, world affairs, current events, wars, the economy, taxation and anything in the headlines.

Postby Sigrid » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:48 am

Queen Elizabeth has promised her subjects that she will authorize the UK to invade the United States of America if Donald Trump is elected President in November 2016.

Buckingham Palace released a statement from her Majesty, saying “Should Mr Trump be elected we will take back America by force and place it once again under colonial rule“.

The D.C. Briefreports:
The announcement has received mostly a positive response, but many critics have seen the Queen as merely taking advantage of the swell of anti-Trump feeling in the country after a petition calling for the banning of the real estate mogul from entering the UK received over 500,000 signatories.

In the mean-time the Queen has ordered the armed forces to start preparations for an invasion this November.

Continue: yournewswire.com/queen-elizabeth-promises-to-take-back-america-if-trump-elected/

I laughed so hard when I read this. How many people have Trump pissed off? :lol:
Superman1 wrote:The more a spoilt little kid is denied its cries for attention, the more it will be forced to look at himself.

Ecclesiastes 1: 18 wrote:For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.
Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Re: Queen Elizabeth To ‘Take Back America’ If Trump Elected

Postby Clementine » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:00 pm

That can't be a real statement. USA and UK are tight aren't they?
I thought Trump was just a rich bored guy with a big ego.
Clementine
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby DarkAxel » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:57 pm

Clementine wrote:That can't be a real statement. USA and UK are tight aren't they?
I thought Trump was just a rich bored guy with a big ego.

Everything I can see points to the source being as reliable as The Onion and half as honest. Hilarious as satire, dubious as hard news.

Photoshop! I Summon Thee!!!

DarkAxel
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby aussie_musician » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:18 pm

the queen ..

pffft .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

wow .. talk about self - appointed royalty ..

why not get rid of the royals ??
WWJD.
Nehemiah 8:10 The Joy Of The Lord.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11 The Seasons Of Life.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life" - Jesus.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby Sigrid » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:36 pm

aussie_musician wrote:the queen ..

pffft .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

wow .. talk about self - appointed royalty ..

why not get rid of the royals ??

Ikr? I really don't see the importance of royalties and they're just there for the sake of reviving what's left of Britain's old tradition which are all about the Queen and the royalties. Also, I may sound rude here but how long will they die? Like every royalty is as old as my grandma, and I honestly don't like some people in power as they tend to be corrupt. Anyway, like I said I don't see the point of royalties in the 21st century. So why do they still have the special treatment?
Superman1 wrote:The more a spoilt little kid is denied its cries for attention, the more it will be forced to look at himself.

Ecclesiastes 1: 18 wrote:For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.
Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby aussie_musician » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:06 pm

here in aus .. there was a referendum in '99 for a republic ..
it got voted down ..
apparently Australia was founded by the british with the first fleet ..
er .. that's not quite right ..
the dutch and the protuguese saw the land of aus before the brits ever set foot on this land ..
and even then the aboriginals reckon that they are the first people themselves on this land ..
ah .. yeah right .. where's the proof ??

and again on the aus day "Australian of the year" ceremony there was more talk of a republic ..

bring it on .. the royals are irrelevant and "up" themselves .. :lol:
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby Tal » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:22 pm

That's not why it was voted down though. There were two reasons: The Republican movement didn't offer a viable alternative ie. Let's become a republic but we have no idea what it should look like. What shape will parliament take? How will a president be elected? Will we do the Russian/French version and have a triumvirate? None of this was established so we took the attitude "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Second and most important reason: Australians just don't trust politicians so the possibility of them gaining even more power simply wasn't an option.
It's not as though the throne has any power here, anyway. Appeal to the Privy Council was abolished by Federal legislation back in the 80s; the Governor-General is appointed by the Prime Minister (Governors by the state premiers), with all their powers gradually being reduced to nothing more than ceremonial.
Personally, I think this royal family are a pretty dull lot (a part from Harry). If they were a bawdy bunch like Charles II and his mob, I'd probably be a lot more interested.
Tal
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand

Postby VenusInChains » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:25 am

I hate to point it out but that website is a load of shit.

As for Australia becoming a republic, I remember that referendum in 99 but I was too young to vote.
I thought the Queen or whoever is the ruling monarch had some sort of power if parliament was in double dissolution? Like they are able to appoint a temporary government while an election was held. I thought this was the main reason people where against Australia becoming a republic, or at least one of them.

If Australia ever became a republic, we'd miss out on the Commonwealth games.
Oh well
Whatever
Never mind
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World

Postby Sigrid » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:44 am

VenusInChains wrote:I hate to point it out but that website is a load of shit.

I want to point it out that you can find other articles similar to this like the one in huffpost.

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby Tal » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:37 am

I want to point out that you may need to look up the word "spoof" Jiru.
Venus is correct. This is satire. Maybe you'll want to look that word up as well.
Tal
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand

Postby VenusInChains » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:41 am

Exactly, right at the top of the page Jiru linked it says "spoof news" and dirrectly underneath that it's says "don't believe everything you see on the Internet" those are some wise words to ponder...
So this is all satirical, it isn't news it's a joke.
Oh well
Whatever
Never mind
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World

Postby Sigrid » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:02 am

VenusInChains wrote:Exactly, right at the top of the page Jiru linked it says "spoof news" and dirrectly underneath that it's says "don't believe everything you see on the Internet" those are some wise words to ponder...
So this is all satirical, it isn't news it's a joke.

I only posted that huffpost link because it seemed more believable than the other sites that looked more like conspiracy sites. I'm not saying it's real or credible either nor was the first post.

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby aussie_musician » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:53 pm

actually .. I didn't say why it was voted down .. but yes Tal you are correct ..

as for the commonwealth games .. that would be no huge loss ..

hey Venus .. what age were you in '99 ??
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Tal » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:21 pm

I agree about the Commonwealth Games. The Melbourne one came up in a conversation a few weeks ago and I thought "when the hell did we have the Commonwealth Games?" I had no memory of it and had to google. It seems that these huge international sporting events are slowly on their way out. I don't think I've paid attention to the Olympics since Sydney and even then it was limited because by that stage I'd had a gutful of all the advertising etc. They're way too expensive for most countries which is kind of sad, considering the original intent. But with the high cost of hosting them, the fact that professional athletes are allowed to compete and all the drug cheats, these huge shindigs aren't worth the electricity it takes to power your telly. I know there's another Olympics this year because it's a leap year but no idea where it's being held.
Anyway...back to the original program. :)
Tal
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand

Postby aussie_musician » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:34 pm

the winner is .. Sydney !!

well it was in 1990 something .. when was it ??
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby FrankSiz » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:00 am

I dont see your point about thr royal famly.
It is very hard for democracy to elect good figureheads, and ususally total baffons get elected.

you have a family that beside having a tendancy for promiscuous ladies, are very royal and presentable.
even the ladies part is not so bad - considering the stock they have to choose from.

you dont even pay for them - renting and selling their estates finace most of their expanses.
sound like win-win situaton.
FrankSiz
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby aussie_musician » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:34 pm

well .. Australian's for one .. are nothing like the "royal" family ..

and given the "royal" family is in Britain .. they have little relevance to this country .. except for those people who are staunch monarchists ..

and it seems to me .. that the royal family .. seems to think that life revolves around them .. always in the media ..

really .. who cares what they do in life .. dressing in fine clothes and whatever else ..

I find the royals "boring" at the best ..

the USA .. unlike Australia .. can elect its own leader .. and not have to report to the brits about it ..

oh and while I think of it .. the poms don't own any country .. the first fleet is a case in point ..

just .. send some people to a land across the other side of the world and who cares who the natives are ..

stupid people don't ask .. they take .. as though asking .. doesn't apply to them ..

a law unto themselves ..

I would go on .. but it may become a rant ..
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby aussie_musician » Sun May 14, 2017 7:19 pm

funny .. that this hasn't actually happened ..
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby amee » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:17 am

Bit silly really, QEII doesn't have any political powers in our country (well barely any, she can veto rules and dissolve a parliament to stop dictators etc.) comparing her to the President doesn't make much sense. We wouldn't accept her as running our country if she was just born into it, that's so 300 years ago! You could compare the fact we currently have our second female prime minister in power. Britain does have a long history of powerful female rulers, it is clearly something we are used to and being ruled by a female isn't met with shock or disbelief over here, it is in fact barely mentioned. The rest of the world knows Trump's election is an absolute disaster (well apart from Russia and North Korea and they aren't really the countries you want supporting you) it's hard to see how many Americans can't see this. If a candidate in the U.K. Election had made even a single one of the terrible comments Trump has made, there wouldn't be a hope in hell of them being elected.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
just a writing expert :goldblob: :goldblob: :goldblob:
amee
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby aussie_musician » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:55 pm

so why is there is "royal" family in Britain .. and why is there is prime minister as well ..

doesn't that cause some .. or an sort of conflict ???
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to News And Politics