Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

After Questioning My Belief, I think God Spoke to me

This forum is dedicated to topics of spirituality, spiritual growth, self awareness and religious beliefs. Share your ideas and insights on spirituality and personal enlightenment.

After Questioning My Belief, I think God Spoke to me

Postby Lufalex » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:46 am

My whole life I was raised in a Catholic household, I was confirmed with the church as well, and I always believed until my father died and when I got certain mental conditions like Depression and OCD, I questioned his existence, I thought if he existed wouldn't he show himself? I never stopped believing there was a god, but I stopped believing in Jesus Christ, finally knowing I felt this way I went to a wedding in a church and I felt all the priest was saying about Jesus was bullcrap, and I prayed for him to answer me, for him to give me a sure sign so I could believe in him. I wanted to believe in him, I really did. I just didn't know if he existed, then less than a week later, I was sleeping, and I can't remember the dream fully but it involved me questioning someone or something about Jesus' existence, and soon I felt a jolt or rush of something through me, like an overwhelming energy, and I instantly woke up right after. My memory is foggy of it but I believe I heard a voice say I'm real before the jolt of something went through my body, I was wide awake, feeling calm but disturbed at the same time, and at a point I wasn't sure if I died, because the feeling was so surreal. I just want some advice on what to make of this, I think it was Jesus talking to me but I am not 100% sure.
Lufalex
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: After Questioning My Belief, I think God Spoke to me

Postby Sheena » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:17 pm

You didn't know. You then had a sharp experience that gave insight and reason for faith, like Paul knocked off his horse by the epihany on the road to Damascus. Notice that the message is that YOU are real. Best guess is this is the basis for various personality or interpersonal problems you may be dealing with.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Batman » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:36 am

So you felt the energy!

Made mee go batty! :neer:
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby Sheena » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:50 pm