Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Is this a Wicca phase or...?

This forum is dedicated to topics of spirituality, spiritual growth, self awareness and religious beliefs. Share your ideas and insights on spirituality and personal enlightenment.

Is this a Wicca phase or...?

Postby Little8Bits » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:49 am

My parents are Christian/Catholics, and even as a toddler I never felt Christian, as if I didn't belong. Even now I still think Christianism isn't right for me. I later identified myself as agnostic, but I'd like to have a religion.

I found out about Wicca a couple of months ago, and I completely fell in love with it. Not because of magick, but how almost everything (ex., trees, gemstones, the Moon) has some sort of meaning or use to Wiccans, and how they treat nature as being above them because it's connected to their God and/or Goddess. Animal Guides are also a very neat concept as well. Of course, nature isn't everything, but a good chunk of it, is.

So, what do you think?
"Light of eye and soft of touch, speak you little, listen much.
Honor the Old Ones in deed and name,
let love and light be our guides again."
Little8Bits
Dream Child
Dream Child

Re: Is this a Wicca phase or...?

Postby Batman » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:35 am

Sounds like you don't like traditional christianity ... and want to explore other options ...

Yes you have the choice to identify yourself into a group..
(as I call myself a non-practicing Catholic ... and try to keep an open mind (as perspectives go... ) to 'Truth'(as Jesus is Truth, who spoke in parables ...) in a way that moves forward in time.)

A religion (is being a dingbat) goes to religiously ... (having to follow some sort of ideology in a mass scale ) ... agnostic falls in non-religion (is being a dimwit) and goes against such 'religious truth' that you seek...

Jesus (as Truth) would say, that your a lost sheep ... and ... (soul searching) ... so ask yourself questions ... to such 'Truth' ... is there one 'God' as 'Truth' and take it in 'Good Faith' to perspectives ... or as gods and goddesses have a more than one truth... and then is that like a :unworthy: Hail Mary prayer to a goddess... (please help in this last hour, talk to your son ... and all those other Goddesses (known as mother nature/or as I might say " WOWmen ")

:geek: I say, God is Spirit, like ""The :infinity: EYE" [i]in a Storm"... of galaxies"
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby Temp Eagle » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:53 pm

:) :)
Little8Bits wrote:My parents are Christian/Catholics, and even as a toddler I never felt Christian, as if I didn't belong. Even now I still think Christianism isn't right for me. I later identified myself as agnostic, but I'd like to have a religion.

I found out about Wicca a couple of months ago, and I completely fell in love with it. Not because of magick, but how almost everything (ex., trees, gemstones, the Moon) has some sort of meaning or use to Wiccans, and how they treat nature as being above them because it's connected to their God and/or Goddess. Animal Guides are also a very neat concept as well. Of course, nature isn't everything, but a good chunk of it, is.

So, what do you think?

Don't listen to Batty - the kid has a stick up his ass that's lodged so deep its messing with his brain.

Wicca is a beautiful religion, the principles of Wicca are very peaceful and loving - the connection to nature and the world around us is always very good thing for people to consider.

Check out the 13 principles of Wicca - I'm sure I posted them many many moons ago! You'll find them from google though.

I guess the only advice would be - just find out if it fits. You are in control of your spirituality, not your parents - you decide what direction your spirituality will take, so take control of it and explore! :)
Temp Eagle
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Batman » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:25 pm

Dimwit Eagle wrote::) :)
Little8Bits wrote:My parents are Christian/Catholics, and even as a toddler I never felt Christian, as if I didn't belong. Even now I still think Christianism isn't right for me. I later identified myself as agnostic, but I'd like to have a religion.

Don't listen to Batty - the kid has a stick up his ass that's lodged so deep its messing with his brain.

Wicca is a beautiful religion, the principles of Wicca are very peaceful and loving - the connection to nature and the world around us is always very good thing for people to consider.

Check out the 13 principles of Wicca - I'm sure I posted them many many moons ago! You'll find them from google though.

I guess the only advice would be - just find out if it fits. You are in control of your spirituality, not your parents - you decide what direction your spirituality will take, so take control of it and explore! :)

... fine choose a (dingbat) religion, but dimwit Eagle writes that Religion is a cult ... look up his viewpoint, as having a religion is at least a step in the direction ... :creeping: vs non-religion... and dimwitville
(As Christianity has many different perspectives... though still take a 1 God (as Christ) belief in good Faith... don't be fooled by dimwit's logic and no soul, no afterlife...
God wants wise souls...
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby DogsAreCool » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:35 pm

Could be a phase, could not.
For me, my pagan phase was most certainly not a phase. I questioned it in the beginning too because like, you my family is catholic and I never felt like I belonged in the church. For me, confirmation was the tipping point that caused me to turn to paganism.
I would suggest trying to communicate with your god(s) (I'm not wiccan, I'm Asatru so I'm not sure how wicca works so forgive my ignorance) making offerings and such is nice and they appreciate that but it's not necessary. peronally, I just like to talk to them like I'm talking to a friend. They listen, trust me. Just ask for a sign that theyre there and listening, when you get one you will know.

As you go along in your religious journey it may be harder for you to access resources and information because paganism, at least from my experience, is a solitary journey for the most part. There are a lot of things that you're going to have to find out for yourself and a lot of things that are going to end up being unanswered. Just trust in the gods. They know you're trying and they will help you. What i would also suggest is trying to contact your spirit guides. I'll put a like for a great meditation I used to find my ancestral guide below. Good luck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKrRMe5meWQ
DogsAreCool
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Spirituality And Religious Beliefs