Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

where do your beliefs come from?

This forum is dedicated to topics of spirituality, spiritual growth, self awareness and religious beliefs. Share your ideas and insights on spirituality and personal enlightenment.

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby plazaff » Sun May 24, 2015 5:26 pm

Well said. :D
He shall cover thee with his feathers,
and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Psalms 91:4 KJV
plazaff
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby katiegreatbatch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:57 pm

The wisdom and guidance of tradtional lore,tradtional knowledge this includes myths,folklore,dreams,poetry,song from whatever ancestral tradition you come from.That forms the core of my beliefs and lessons.
I don't know how people live without that guidance.
katiegreatbatch
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

FAITH is where a belief come from!

Postby Gus Who » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:18 am

The Eagle wrote:
Lol i'm not meaning to sound argumentitive - I realise that just how I come across - most of the time.

You got to remember if approaching the concept from a christian point of view - its very very important that reincarnation is shunned. Christian rough idea is you live you die you are judged heaven /hell. Reincarnation doesnt fit.

However, again interpretation here - jesus refererred to john the baptist as elijah. Christian idea is jesus referred to the spirit of elijah. Thats not how one of messianic prophecies was understood by the people who actually wrote them - its in the old testament.

Then you have jesus disciples asking if a blind man sinned before he was born for the reason he was blind. Jesus said no - but the very question and jesus not saying its impossible, shows its the belief or the possibility/belief of reincarnation was part if their beliefs.

Again, the christian thing built upon jesus' beliefs/teachings - its important that reincarnation isnt possible/ an option - but jesus teachings aren't christianity. :)

Jesus stated that John was Elijah, in which John stated he was not Elijah when question. As people don't know there past lives... for a very logical reason of sending themselves a message in the future to incorporate into playing ball.
Though of coarse that is if one knew how to kick a football in a belief, as faith is required in any belief!
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Re: FAITH is where a belief come from!

Postby The Eagle » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:49 pm

Gus Who wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Lol i'm not meaning to sound argumentitive - I realise that just how I come across - most of the time.

You got to remember if approaching the concept from a christian point of view - its very very important that reincarnation is shunned. Christian rough idea is you live you die you are judged heaven /hell. Reincarnation doesnt fit.

However, again interpretation here - jesus refererred to john the baptist as elijah. Christian idea is jesus referred to the spirit of elijah. Thats not how one of messianic prophecies was understood by the people who actually wrote them - its in the old testament.

Then you have jesus disciples asking if a blind man sinned before he was born for the reason he was blind. Jesus said no - but the very question and jesus not saying its impossible, shows its the belief or the possibility/belief of reincarnation was part if their beliefs.

Again, the christian thing built upon jesus' beliefs/teachings - its important that reincarnation isnt possible/ an option - but jesus teachings aren't christianity. :)

Jesus stated that John was Elijah, in which John stated he was not Elijah when question. As people don't know there past lives... for a very logical reason of sending themselves a message in the future to incorporate into playing ball.
Though of coarse that is if one knew how to kick a football in a belief, as faith is required in any belief!

What is your point? You think john was Elijah???
The Sun is Life, The Moon is Magic
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Batman » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:59 pm

Yes. Same soul as a person.
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby Caesar » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:52 am

Batman wrote:Yes. Same soul as a person.

Your position just went to Hinduism, Jainism... or Buddhism... OR... Sikhism.

Pick one. Or all of the above mentioned.
People are like delicate puzzles. Unraveling them is most enjoyable.
Caesar
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Batman » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:30 am

Jewish - Christian... Clearly if you thought about it, Jesus has confirmed that John was Elijah to his followers.

Judism dates back before Hinduism, Jainism... or Buddhism... OR... Sikhism... and it was prophecy being fulfilled.

Are Christian denying Jesus word or is this Eagle talking about things he claims as not true. As the majority of the world believe in a spirit/soul/ghost...

Jesus taught that a body can die/be killed ... but man does not have authority to kill a spirit/soul...
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby Caesar » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:32 am

So you picked all of the above... while trying to backpedal out of it.
Caesar
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Batman » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:38 am

No backpedal, it's clear what was said, that Elijah and John were one in the same.

Where do you get such nonsense that I am backpetaling?

Every Christian must believe in Christ return to be a christian!
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby The Eagle » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:56 am

Batman wrote:No backpedal, it's clear what was said, that Elijah and John were one in the same.

Where do you get such nonsense that I am backpetaling?

Every Christian must believe in Christ return to be a christian!

Well that's not true.

Anyway the christian bible doesn't teach reincarnation. Resurrection not reincarnation. You are born you live you die - judgement. Then waiting around for every person (whether good or evil) to be resurrected.

So in your beliefs what happened to Elijah's soul when his body died first time round, between being reincarnated as john? Where was it?

Interestingly I was reading an article the other day that the bible supported souls not existing after death. Idea being in genesis god breathed life into a human body made from dust and only then it became a soul - meaning that when the body returns to dust, gods spirit that he breathed into the dust body returns to god - therefore a soul is a combination of gods spirit and body and cannot exist without both elements. It's not just that quote used obviously its backed up several passages in the bible some of which Jesus himself said.

So getting back on topic - where beliefs come from, batty is it just Jesus words or is it the while bible that lead your beliefs?
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Batman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:17 pm

As to my belief... Well I had basic training... as being raised Catholic, but have a unique connection to the Holy Ghost (Gives me insight) as a receiver. (As a waking vision about 20 years ago put me on this path... )

I pretty sure I would fall into a category of someone that possess psychic abilities(to reasonable people standards) prophetic ability

So what are you trying to say with John? He was Resurrected. Most people would see this as reincarnated

John did not know he was Elijah. As john saw himself a prophet (As anyone having prophetic abilities believed themselves to be unique) that was not in the same league as the messiah.

Now if God brought 4th individual souls ... don't you think he gave such souls a choice and therefore ... With all choices, individual do have to FACE consequences... even Jesus faced his own trials
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby The Eagle » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:12 pm

Batman wrote:As to my belief... Well I had basic training... as being raised Catholic, but have a unique connection to the Holy Ghost (Gives me insight) as a receiver. (As a waking vision about 20 years ago put me on this path... )

I pretty sure I would fall into a category of someone that possess psychic abilities(to reasonable people standards) prophetic ability

So what are you trying to say with John? He was Resurrected. Most people would see this as reincarnated

John did not know he was Elijah. As john saw himself a prophet (As anyone having prophetic abilities believed themselves to be unique) that was not in the same league as the messiah.

Now if God brought 4th individual souls ... don't you think he gave such souls a choice and therefore ... With all choices, individual do have to FACE consequences... even Jesus faced his own trials

No batty, John wasn't a resurrected Elijah. He was not a reincarnated Elijah either. You are missing the context of what Jesus said and taking it literal interpretation. rather than me telling you, go research it. I was hoping a Christian would correct you so you wouldn't throw your toys out the pram me doing it but hey ho.

I'm just pointing out that reincarnation isn't christian. You see you say Christians have to believe this and that - then go and state something at the very foundation being un-Christian like reincarnation.

Again with souls - you seem to refer to souls as if they are human beings without physical bodies - but the bible quite clearly says otherwise. That a soul is a living being, once dead has no thought, no emotion - now that is stated in the bible.

So my question to you is - (again sticking on topic) how do you pick and choose what to believe from the bible is true or false? Doesn't pick and choosing what to believe from the bible, lessen any reason to believe something because it is in the bible?
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Batman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:35 am

You brought it up... and you know enough of the bible to get the basic information in which you stated.
The Eagle wrote:

However, again interpretation here - jesus refererred to john the baptist as elijah. Christian idea is jesus referred to the spirit of elijah.

Jesus in Christianity is the ultimate authority over such questions. So the bible clearly states Elijah and John are rthe same prophet.
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby The Eagle » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Batman wrote:You brought it up... and you know enough of the bible to get the basic information in which you stated.
The Eagle wrote:

However, again interpretation here - jesus refererred to john the baptist as elijah. Christian idea is jesus referred to the spirit of elijah.

Jesus in Christianity is the ultimate authority over such questions. So the bible clearly states Elijah and John are rthe same prophet.

Batty, Jesus also said the generation that lived 2000+ years ago would not perish - yet they all died, so unless you are open to interpretation all of Jesus' words can't be taken as literal surely you accept that?

From a christian perspective -The context that Jesus was referring to john performing the same function as Elijah did in the old testament - not reincarnation. Reincarnation isn't Christian......

So how do you decide what to pick and choose?
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Batman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:45 pm

Clearly your interpretation of Jesus words is from a bias against believing in him. As he spoke of spirit. Jesus clearly is saying that man can kill a body... but the soul can not die by Man.

All Christian by there faith have a individual soul that is linked to the Holy Ghost.. Hense Christian communities can form spiritual groups ... as we've already discussed world wide beliefs.

Though yes that whole generation has been reborn in to this Generation, they just don't know it yet, so Jesus was correct. Clearly there are more souls alive in this time than any other time period. Given the fact that 'God numbers everything'
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby The Eagle » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:21 pm

Batman wrote:Clearly your interpretation of Jesus words is from a bias against believing in him. As he spoke of spirit. Jesus clearly is saying that man can kill a body... but the soul can not die by Man.

All Christian by there faith have a individual soul that is linked to the Holy Ghost.. Hense Christian communities can form spiritual groups ... as we've already discussed world wide beliefs.

Though yes that whole generation has been reborn in to this Generation, they just don't know it yet, so Jesus was correct. Clearly there are more souls alive in this time than any other time period. Given the fact that 'God numbers everything'

Lol batty the interpretation I posted are christian beliefs..... Like I predicted toys out the pram because I am correcting you on Christianity.

Christian beliefs are that you have a soul but reincarnation isn't consistent with Jesus teachings. Again batty you have veered off Christian beliefs. Again I posted Christian interpretation - go research it if you don't believe me.

The whole generation has been reborn into this generation - again not in the bible. And you are saying Jesus wasn't being literal when he said something but was regarding john and Elijah.....Again trying to get it on topic - why, how, where has that come from?

You see batty you are getting yourself in twists - what you are claiming goes against Christianity's foundation.
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Batman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:47 pm

People can read Jesus words for themselves...

Matthew 11:14

"And if you are willing to accept it, John himself is Elijah who was to come...

Not really much to say. Accept it or don't
... as it stated in the end time everyone will be raised up to judgment...
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby The Eagle » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:02 pm

Batman wrote:People can read Jesus words for themselves...

Yes people can read Jesus' words for themselves...

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me"

Jesus was talking about sheep not people. Accept it or don't....... He said sheep didn't he??

Raised to judgement..... Again batty Christian belief is people live, die, then will be resurrected - not reincarnated.

So I'll ask again - how you do you pick and choose what to believe from the bible?
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Batman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:13 pm

The Eagle wrote:
Batman wrote:People can read Jesus words for themselves...

Yes people can read Jesus' words for themselves...

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me"

Jesus was talking about sheep not people. Accept it or don't....... He said sheep didn't he??

Raised to judgement..... Again batty Christian belief is people live, die, then will be resurrected - not reincarnated.

So I'll ask again - how you do you pick and choose what to believe from the bible?
Well if you are resurrected, you would know who you were right in the past life. So reincarnated goes to John the Baptist account.

But I am pretty sure Jesus was talking in code with this dingbat kind of stuff, so that bird brains that don't believe and go into this kind of unicorn talk... Well everyone can see them for what they truly are.

Now you do realize what a dimwit you are making yourself out to be... Again!

So why do you even bring it up? As Christian by there Faith confess in Jesus 2nd coming!

... as the bible code goes to reincarnation(have you not heard 'Born Again' as a Christian phrase?)
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby The Eagle » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:06 am

There go the toys again....

So let me get this straight you think Jesus spoke in code.... Just not when he was referring to john being Elijah. Even though thats what the christian interpretation is, but it doesn't agree with your personal belief of reincarnation which you want to be true over "gods word".

I think that sums up what you are saying.

If john wasn't actually Elijah, you have Jesus still being correct because he was referring to the function he performed for Jesus, you have john being correct saying he wasn't Elijah - so if you are worried about Jesus being wrong about something you need not worry - it still all fits - that's why its the christian interpretation batty.

reincarnation is your personal belief you are adding on to christianity, so again sticking on topic here how are YOU deciding what to pick and choose to pull from the bible to believe?

Jesus' 2nd coming - its said he will return the same way he left yes? - means he won't be resurrected (already done that), won't be reincarnated (unchristian belief).

Batty the Christian expression "born again" is a spiritual rebirth into the cult of christ - its not about reincarnation. Seriously do you know anything about Christianity?
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Batman » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:34 pm

Yes, Jesus spoke code, as he even referred to people as Fish!
He tried to teach some of his followers to become 'Fisher's of Men'.

Now please do not speak for Christian as a non believer. As logic goes, resurrection would not be the correct answer if John denies having any memory of his former life as Elijah. So I am not sure what point your trying to make, but to argue something that you can't win if you took Matthew 11:14 quote... And if your willing to accept it

John himself is Elijah who was to come

Remember your the one that has brought this truth to the table.
As prophecy ... Elijah coming before the messiah (as this was Jewish scripture and belief)

Now those that believed, understood the code and became Christians.(as I stated, most people understand what a individual soul is.
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby The Eagle » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:56 pm

Batman wrote:Yes, Jesus spoke code, as he even referred to people as Fish!

Now please do not speak for Christian as a non believer. As logic goes, resurrection would not be the correct answer if John denies having any memory of his former life as Elijah. So I am not sure what point your trying to make, but to argue something that you can't win if you took Matthew 11:14 quote... And if your willing to accept it

As prophecy ... Elijah coming before the messiah (as this was Jewish scripture and belief)

Now those that believed, understood the code and became Christians.(as I stated, most people understand what a individual soul is.

Batty its not my interpretation you are arguing against here - its the Christian definition. Reincarnation doesn't fit into the Christian concept. You've missed the point of what Jesus was saying according to Christian beliefs - again not my beliefs but Christian beliefs...... Please go research it from any Christian resource so its not coming from me if that will make a difference.

Now you are entitled to believe what you want - but the question I'm asking you is how you pick and choose to deviate from Christianity.

Saying reincarnation is part of what you believe fine no problem - its not Christianity though.
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Gus Who » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:50 pm

The Eagle wrote:

Batty its not my interpretation you are arguing against here - its the Christian definition. Reincarnation doesn't fit into the Christian concept. You've missed the point of what Jesus was saying according to Christian beliefs - again not my beliefs but Christian beliefs...... Please go research it from any Christian resource so its not coming from me if that will make a difference.

Now you are entitled to believe what you want - but the question I'm asking you is how you pick and choose to deviate from Christianity.

Saying reincarnation is part of what you believe fine no problem - its not Christianity though.

Christianity takes a wait and see approach to reincarnation...
So let's stick to the context of Matthew 11:14 and not buddhism reincarnation as the conscious choice here. As Christian believe "God" as a 'rightous judge.' As the majority of Christian ... prayer ... A belief in one God... (I was raised Catholic so it's called, 'Nicene Creed') in which time... (They call it, 'resurrection of the dead') this kind of reincarnation applies to the 'sheep' as Christians understand there must be 'Holy Ghost' talk...

Reasonable Christians understand sheep code talk. :neer:
Therefore one needs 110% to get to the right place in time

Now to the question you ask me... (Generally speaking can be asked to anyone to there beliefs)
... I 'testified under oath (in a court of law) to "prophetic abilities" ... which gives me batty insight ... so in terms that you might understand, the Holy Ghost / Spirit and i are in 'contact' through telepathic / dream ways ... or too non believers (batty ways)
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby The Eagle » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Gus Who wrote:
The Eagle wrote:

Christianity takes a wait and see approach to reincarnation...
So let's stick to the context of Matthew 11:14 and not buddhism reincarnation as the conscious choice here. As Christian believe "God" as a 'rightous judge.' As the majority of Christian ... prayer ... A belief in one God... (I was raised Catholic so it's called, 'Nicene Creed') in which time... (They call it, 'resurrection of the dead') this kind of reincarnation applies to the 'sheep' as Christians understand there must be 'Holy Ghost' talk...

Reasonable Christians understand sheep code talk. :neer:
Therefore one needs 110% to get to the right place in time

Now to the question you ask me... (Generally speaking can be asked to anyone to there beliefs)
... I 'testified under oath (in a court of law) to "prophetic abilities" ... which gives me batty insight ... so in terms that you might understand, the Holy Ghost / Spirit and i are in 'contact' through telepathic / dream ways ... or too non believers (batty ways)

No batty, christianity doesn't take a wait and see approach to reincarnation in fact, The Christian bible is quite clear on the subject of reincarnation - it doesn't come into the equation. Birth, life, death judgement. Go research it from Christian sources.

- what you are saying isn't Christianity so not sure if you are deliberately trying to mislead people - or you just have it wrong. I'm not saying that to be offensive but you are saying something that goes against Christian beliefs. It's simply not what you are saying it is. That's not to say you shouldn't believe in reincarnation - but you shouldn't call it christianity.

So your answer to my question, you deviate from Christian beliefs because you think the christian holy ghost tells you to do so? And you cant see a problem there?

You should post a seperate thread on your waking life experience 20 years ago if you haven't already i'd be interested to read it.
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Batman » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:30 am

Yes, there is a Cannon code (#1013 I believe) that says no reincarnation... As it is based on Hebrews 9:27
Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment

(Though I consider myself a non-practicing catholic)
... as that is not what the majority of Christians believe in this day and age. Plus again here, we were talking about John and Elijah as reincarnation.

But Yes, the sheep do take a wait and see... as they don't know when... (as thing play out) Jesus returns

Though most true Christian understand this e 'time that they live in' and would deduct where they stand... on the right or left side.. as Christian teaching clearly states that they have to wake up...

At least that is from the Christian soarse that most Christian believe ... well now that Donald Duck is quackin up everything...
I take it when he moves the US embassy to Jerusalem... Well they already missed the batty moon sign... to wiesly get out of harms way.
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby The Eagle » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:07 am

Batman wrote:Yes, there is a Cannon code (#1013 I believe) that says no reincarnation... As it is based on Hebrews 9:27
Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment

(Though I consider myself a non-practicing catholic)
... as that is not what the majority of Christians believe in this day and age. Plus again here, we were talking about John and Elijah as reincarnation.

But Yes, the sheep do take a wait and see... as they don't know when... (as thing play out) Jesus returns

Though most true Christian understand this e 'time that they live in' and would deduct where they stand... on the right or left side.. as Christian teaching clearly states that they have to wake up...

At least that is from the Christian soarse that most Christian believe ... well now that Donald Duck is quackin up everything...
I take it when he moves the US embassy to Jerusalem... Well they already missed the batty moon sign... to wiesly get out of harms way.

So you are saying the bible contains falsehoods now?........

As for "most Christians" im sure you do not speak for most Christians - reincarnation isn't part of Christianity batty. You see your Jesus quote can be explained without Jesus being wrong about reincarnation. Jesus own followers didn't believe he meant reincarnation as evidenced in the gospels. I'm sure there is a great deal of people that believe they will go to heaven when they die - but that's not the Christian way is it. Again what someone says is Christianity deviates away from the biblical teachings.

So your beliefs are not Christian according to the bible. Perhaps christianity has deviated from the bible and become something else - but then you lose any sense of authenticity if you are holding it up to be gods word but believe something else. You are putting your own personal beliefs before the word of god. Nothing wrong with that but you can see the position it puts you in.
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Batman » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:33 am

The Eagle wrote:

As for "most Christians" im sure you do not speak for most Christians - reincarnation isn't part of Christianity batty. You see your Jesus quote can be explained without Jesus being wrong about reincarnation. Jesus own followers didn't believe he meant reincarnation as evidenced in the gospels. I'm sure there is a great deal of people that believe they will go to heaven when they die - but that's not the Christian way is it. Again what someone says is Christianity deviates away from the biblical teachings.

So your beliefs are not Christian according to the bible. Perhaps christianity has deviated from the bible and become something else - but then you lose any sense of authenticity if you are holding it up to be gods word but believe something else. You are putting your own personal beliefs before the word of god. Nothing wrong with that but you can see the position it puts you in.

The bible is based on different points of view, so they not all going to stand up to the test of time as people should interpret the bible for themselves, as ultimately it comes down to trust in such words. As Jesus came to (jews word /Torah) ... to straighten things out (New Testament)... those that followed became Christian.

But YES, when I quote Jesus words about John and Elijah as the same soul, I do speak for all christians when it comes to reincarnation. Though they are one in the same soul, they are two different people.

Clearly as a man and wife being join together... are seen as the same soul in Christianity, as souls can be bound together.

The whole concept is about Jesus coming back and getting married... as he was just a lamb (sheep code talk)and became lamb chop for forgiveness of sin for many.

Now to me, God's word cand stand the test of time. But here I tend to ... jot things :computer: ...
as 'authenticity' goes to like predicting an earthquake as I am trying to zone in :infinity:

:neer: back over that rainbow to Kansas, near Oklahoma boarder..
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby The Eagle » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:18 pm

Batman wrote:
The Eagle wrote:

The bible is based on different points of view, so they not all going to stand up to the test of time as people should interpret the bible for themselves, as ultimately it comes down to trust in such words. As Jesus came to (jews word /Torah) ... to straighten things out (New Testament)... those that followed became Christian.

But YES, when I quote Jesus words about John and Elijah as the same soul, I do speak for all christians when it comes to reincarnation. Though they are one in the same soul, they are two different people.

Clearly as a man and wife being join together... are seen as the same soul in Christianity, as souls can be bound together.

The whole concept is about Jesus coming back and getting married... as he was just a lamb (sheep code talk)and became lamb chop for forgiveness of sin for many.

Now to me, God's word cand stand the test of time. But here I tend to ... jot things :computer: ...
as 'authenticity' goes to like predicting an earthquake as I am trying to zone in :infinity:

Batty, you've said yourself catholics don't believe in reincarnation so no you don't speak for all Christians. Fact remains there's an explanation that fits the entire bible without reincarnation coming into it - that's why reincarnation has no place in Christian beliefs.

Jesus' own disciples didn't believe he was talking about reincarnation - so you are saying he was a bad teacher....

You paint yourself as a prophet, although your prophesies lack any substance - and even liken yourself to Jesus, correcting Jesus' teachings.... And people call me an egoist.....
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: John / Eli .. Same soul!

Postby Gus Who » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:17 pm

The Eagle wrote:
Batman wrote:....
Now to me, God's word can stand the test of time. But here I tend to ... jot things :computer: ...

Batty, you've said yourself catholics don't believe in reincarnation so no you don't speak for all Christians. Fact remains there's an explanation that fits the entire bible without reincarnation coming into it - that's why reincarnation has no place in Christian beliefs.

Jesus' own disciples didn't believe he was talking about reincarnation - so you are saying he was a bad teacher....

You paint yourself as a prophet, although your prophesies lack any substance - and even liken yourself to Jesus, correcting Jesus' teachings.... And people call me an egoist.....

.... I said a 'non-practicing catholic' (kind of like Jesus was seen as a non-practicing Jew talking to his teammates and talking in parables code) as I was the defendant in a divorce and sued the Catholic Church ... Case was thrown out... AS THE CHURCH DOES NOT RECOGNIZE DIVORCE, and Annuled the Marriage against my consent)

Okay... Let's put this into context ... as Jesus was talking about ... Malachi, and the last lines of the Old Testament Prophecy

Malachi 4:5-6
BEHOLD, I will send you Elijah the Propphet, before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord: And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse!

Now to John's Inquiry
(Luke 7:18-23)

Matthew 11
1After Jesus had finished instructing His twelve disciples, He went on from there to teach and preach in the nearby towns.

2Meanwhile, John heard in prison about the works of Christ, and he sent two of his disciples 3to ask Him, “Are You the One who was to come, or should we look for someone else?”

4Jesus replied, “Go back and report to John what you hear and see: 5The blind receive sight, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and good news is preached to the poor.6Blessed is the one who does not fall away on account of Me.”

Jesus Testifies about John
(Luke 1:5-25; Luke 7:24-35; Luke 16:14-17)
7As John’s disciples were leaving, Jesus began to speak to the crowds about John: "What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed swaying in the wind? 8What then did you go out to see? A man dressed in fine clothes? Look, those who wear fine clothing are found in kings’ palaces. 9What then did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. 10This is the one about whom it is written:

‘Behold, I will send My messenger ahead of You,
who will prepare Your way before You.’b
11Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has risen no one greater than John the Baptist. Yet even the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subject to violence,c and the violent lay claim to it. 13For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come.

15He who has ears,d let him hear.

16To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others:

17‘We played the flute for you,
and you did not dance;
we sang a dirge
and you did not mourn.’
18For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon!’ 19The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look at this glutton and drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and of sinners!’ But wisdom is vindicated by her actions.

So do you think John was Elijah demon? I am not sure what your point is, as Christians who can read this take Jesus at face value. I really don't think DNA matched do you? ... so what is your point to John and Elijah being the same soul? (As Jesus words painted a picture for all to see)

:geek: As you might be able to see, I am trying to save FRACKING LIVE as :infinity: I predict around Perry, Oklahoma area ... for the 'Big One' and the next 5.0 or < to hit Kansas as my numbers are true, compare to the falsified numbers by gov. (As the numbers aren't close)

... and given testimony from many people who are able to have OBE (out of body experience) this kind of Elijah / John can be seen as reasonably excepted at face value. Leaders in the Church can say all they want... it just goes against Jesus words here
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Caesar » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:11 am

Batman wrote:Now please do not speak for Christian as a non believer. As logic goes, resurrection would not be the correct answer if John denies having any memory of his former life as Elijah. So I am not sure what point your trying to make, but to argue something that you can't win if you took Matthew 11:14 quote... And if your willing to accept it

Here is something you need to accept: religion and logic don't go hand in hand.

But I'm going to assume you're too blinded by faith to believe anything else than fiction.
Caesar
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Gus Who » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:38 am

... Well resurrection is like how Lazarus was raised ... as if he fell asleep for a couple days and woke up... or someone coming out of a coma

John testified that he was not Elijah, even though Jesus who had insight knew he was. As Jesus had prophetic abilities beyond any other prophet

... as there is quite a number of people who prophecies as they pick up dream messages(ghost talk)

The point being ... same soul... but John was his Christian name, as Elijah was his Jewish Name, and hand in hand is faith ...
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Gus Who » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:28 am

Gus Who wrote:... Well resurrection is like how Lazarus was raised ... as if he fell asleep for a couple days and woke up... or someone coming out of a coma

John testified that he was not Elijah, even though Jesus who had insight knew he was. As Jesus had prophetic abilities beyond any other prophet

... as there is quite a number of people who prophecies as they pick up dream messages(ghost talk)

The point being ... same soul... but John was his Christian name, as Elijah was his Jewish Name, and hand in hand is faith ...that makes two one and the same.
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby The Eagle » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:18 am

Batty, luke 1:17 (someone can reference that if its wrong) explains the Christian stance where gabriel talks to johns patents and say john will have "the spirit and power" of Elijah. Now before you say that means its the same soul - there are numerous references (including Jesus himself) of spirit and power being the language used where it doesn't mean reincarnation.

You also have a point to work around as Elijah never actually died...... According to Christianity's interpretation of the bible.

Reincarnation isn't part if Christianity. It's misses the point of death then gods judgement.

So if you believe it is your beliefs are not Christian, from a christian perspective you do not speak for Christians and you do not follow Jesus' teachings.

Again go research it from Christian sources if you don't believe it because it's coming from me.

Again I don't believe it anyway you are not arguing against my beliefs - but Jesus' own teachings, and christianity for the last 2000 odd years.
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

'same spirit and power' - goes to title (prophet)

Postby Batman » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:50 am

The Eagle wrote:Batty, luke 1:17 (someone can reference that if its wrong) explains the Christian stance where gabriel talks to johns patents and say john will have "the spirit and power" of Elijah. Now before you say that means its the same soul - there are numerous references (including Jesus himself) of spirit and power being the language used where it doesn't mean reincarnation.

You also have a point to work around as Elijah never actually died...... According to Christianity's interpretation of the bible.

Reincarnation isn't part if Christianity. It's misses the point of death then gods judgement.

So if you believe it is your beliefs are not Christian, from a christian perspective you do not speak for Christians and you do not follow Jesus' teachings.

Again go research it from Christian sources if you don't believe it because it's coming from me.

Again I don't believe it anyway you are not arguing against my beliefs - but Jesus' own teachings, and christianity for the last 2000 odd years.

Well there is quite a number of perspectives ... on this (Luke 1:17) ... but if you looked at both Elijah and John deeply, you would of uncovered the prayer... as both Elijah and John were tasked (given ability) to act... 'with spirit and power'

Elijah’s declaration not only challenges the false gods that Israel worshipped; it also challenges the false prophets of Baal

1Ki 18:37 "Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that You are the LORD God, and that You have turned their hearts back to You again.”

As many religious people turn away from 'God's spirit' ... though one should put it in the right perspective as a formula.
As one could see then that 'John' who lived in dark and dry times, tried to lead many to the water and the light... as to play ball

So again what are you trying to say?? John is only channeling Elijah spirit and power?? As all Jewish people that took Jesus words about Elijah as John ... like Johnny Appleseed (dip themselves in spiritual water) ... and became Christians and grew into many nations , where those that did not were hit with this cursed... 'or else I will come and strike the land with total destruction.' ... as the Jewish Nation did not have a home field to play ball in ... for about 2,000 years... (Remember all this was foretold is Jewish scripture)

I am saying that Christian take as a truth that Elijah and John are the same soul. Different time periods, different circumstances.. able to receive insight...
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Re: 'same spirit and power' - goes to title (prophet)

Postby The Eagle » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:37 am

Batman wrote:
The Eagle wrote:Batty, luke 1:17 (someone can reference that if its wrong) explains the Christian stance where gabriel talks to johns patents and say john will have "the spirit and power" of Elijah. Now before you say that means its the same soul - there are numerous references (including Jesus himself) of spirit and power being the language used where it doesn't mean reincarnation.

Well there is quite a number of perspectives ... on this (Luke 1:17) ... but if you looked at both Elijah and John deeply, you would of uncovered the prayer... as both Elijah and John were tasked (given ability) to act... 'with spirit and power'

Elijah’s declaration not only challenges the false gods that Israel worshipped; it also challenges the false prophets of Baal

1Ki 18:37 "Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that You are the LORD God, and that You have turned their hearts back to You again.”

As many religious people turn away from 'God's spirit' ... though one should put it in the right perspective as a formula.
As one could see then that 'John' who lived in dark and dry times, tried to lead many to the water and the light... as to play ball

So again what are you trying to say?? John is only channeling Elijah spirit and power?? As all Jewish people that took Jesus words about Elijah as John ... like Johnny Appleseed (dip themselves in spiritual water) ... and became Christians and grew into many nations , where those that did not were hit with this cursed... 'or else I will come and strike the land with total destruction.' ... as the Jewish Nation did not have a home field to play ball in ... for about 2,000 years... (Remember all this was foretold is Jewish scripture)

I am saying that Christian take as a truth that Elijah and John are the same soul. Different time periods, different circumstances.. able to receive insight...

Batty you keep saying Christians take it they are the same soul - they don't. Let's not suggest they do, they don't. That belief isn't Christian. So let's stop doing that. By all means you should believe what you want but let's call a spade a spade yeah?

Again batty "channelling" Elijah's spirit and power suggests something that isn't there. It's like you have never actually read the bible, or clearly not understood it. Have you read the bible? It's funny you are open to different perspectives about that quote but not of jesus words? Motive being you want to believe in reincarnation above Christian teachings - why?

The Christian perspective, is that john performed the same function as Elijah, that's what Jesus was referring to, that's what fulfills a prophecy, it makes sense to what Jesus was saying, the story, the rest of the teachings- that's it, no need to suggest Jesus taught reincarnation - which would contradict the whole born, life, death, judgement thing.

Last point Elijah didn't die?
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Gus Who » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:05 pm

Oh... you are saying Christians say John is a 'copycat'??? That it could of been anyone in that day that had followers... and preaching about the coming Messiah would be seen as Elijah.

.. Like John took on a role, and his soul is not the same... in which both John and Jesus knew of each other... according to scripture.

I am sure that most Christians believe it the same soul and not easily duplicated.
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby The Eagle » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:19 pm

Gus Who wrote:Oh... you are saying Christians say John is a 'copycat'??? That it could of been anyone in that day that had followers... and preaching about the coming Messiah would be seen as Elijah.

.. Like John took on a role, and his soul is not the same... in which both John and Jesus knew of each other... according to scripture.

I am sure that most Christians believe it the same soul and not easily duplicated.

From a Christian perspective not a copy cat. He performed the role that was prophesized - but can't be the same soul as reincarnation misses the point of death then judgement - I.e. Christianity, plus Elijah didn't die so how can he be reincarnated. The scripture fits with it not being the same soul - from a Christian point if view.

"most Christians" interested how you've come to that. You've already cancelled out catholic from the earlier post about canon law - and none of the other major Christian religions teach reincarnation either. So I would suggest that most Christians don't believe what you are claiming there. You see batty, no-one is denying your right to believe it, but comments like that only lead people to assume you are trying to mislead them into believing Christianity is something its not.

It's like saying when you die you will go to heaven. That's not what is written, its not backed up by scripture, its not what Jesus taught - people still believe it is part of christianity when its not.

You see what I am saying? If you are going to hold up scripture as gods word and truth - don't deviate from scripture to incorporate what you personally want to believe is true. Looking for soundbites that back up what you are saying - even though it goes against the rest of "gods word" is only going to bring up contradictions that you cant explain - and ruins your argument for holding up scripture as truth in the first place.
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Gus Who » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:43 pm

What Judgment, as all Christians should have been taught the same thing... and that is that God already knew everything anyone every did before it happen.(Good or Bad) As clearly scripture points this fact out.

But like you say, John performed the role, and Jesus is quoted saying that Elijah and John were the same. (Like you said Elijah soul did not die) so whom should Christian believe?

Obviously John had no remembrance of being Elijah.. so the best description of same souls is reincarnation. Even though Jesus point that John and Elijah were the same when John was in Jail. Christians are taught that if you do the right thing ... you get blessed... and if not, then you can be cursed.
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby The Eagle » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:23 am

Gus Who wrote:What Judgment, as all Christians should have been taught the same thing... and that is that God already knew everything anyone every did before it happen.(Good or Bad) As clearly scripture points this fact out.

But like you say, John performed the role, and Jesus is quoted saying that Elijah and John were the same. (Like you said Elijah soul did not die) so whom should Christian believe?

Obviously John had no remembrance of being Elijah.. so the best description of same souls is reincarnation. Even though Jesus point that John and Elijah were the same when John was in Jail. Christians are taught that if you do the right thing ... you get blessed... and if not, then you can be cursed.

If someone wants to be Christian - its not the same soul batty, its quite clear, reincarnation doesn't come into it.

Jesus' calling john Elijah isn't to be taken literally because if it was it contradicts many other teachings. Many of Jesus' other words are not taken literally, so ask yourself why are you focusing on this one to be taken like that?

It's no longer a question of scripture as scripture doesn't back up what you are saying - quite the opposite. From a christian perspective you are focusing on three words Jesus said but ignoring the context, the meaning, the scripture that goes against what the literal interpretation suggests. So your method isn't valid in terms of Christianity , again let me reiterate you can believe what you want, the point is though your beliefs are not Christian according to scripture.

If you want to be called Christian - from a scripture point of view - you will have to accept reincarnation doesn't happen or that the bible doesn't back up Christianity.

That's where you are - in the middle of a contradiction. I'm not saying this to harm you again you can believe what you want, either way I wouldn't say any of it's necessarily true. A contradiction points out flaws don't you think?
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Gus Who » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:12 am

Here Wii spiritual speak in one body and take different spiritual roads that make up 2 paths concerning Elijah and John being in the same mind and body concerning Jesus.
... as history shows that prophets were few and far between before Elijah time, but there were hundreds of prophets, and even a school of the prophets in Jesus time. As you are trying to point out any one of these copycat prophets have the same spirit and power...

But yet you point out that Elijah spirit was being 4-told to enter with John with Luke 1:17 ... as even his birth was recorded as is...

So then, Christianity see john and Elijah as the same. Why do you question such as 'Elijah was sent' as 4-told.

I don't see the argument that Christianity teaches that these John and Elijah were not the same spirit/soul
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby The Eagle » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:17 am

Gus Who wrote:Here Wii spiritual speak in one body and take different spiritual roads that make up 2 paths concerning Elijah and John being in the same mind and body concerning Jesus.
... as history shows that prophets were few and far between before Elijah time, but there were hundreds of prophets, and even a school of the prophets in Jesus time. As you are trying to point out any one of these copycat prophets have the same spirit and power...

But yet you point out that Elijah spirit was being 4-told to enter with John with Luke 1:17 ... as even his birth was recorded as is...

So then, Christianity see john and Elijah as the same. Why do you question such as 'Elijah was sent' as 4-told.

I don't see the argument that Christianity teaches that these John and Elijah were not the same spirit/soul

Batty go to any Christian source and ask them about reincarnation - they don't teach it. They don't. It's not me making it up, all the major Christian religions shun reincarnation, shun Elijah being the same person as john.

This is your belief - and it doesn't fit in with Christian teachings.

Please go research it - you are not arguing against me, but Christianity.
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Gus Who » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:03 pm

Well I take it if Christians were teaching otherwise about Elijah coming in the form of John the Baptist... then they would not be in accordance with scripture.

... as there was many people who may of claimed in that day, just like in today's society to be 'following a calling'...

... as how does any Christian explain away the fact that 'God was sending Elijah..." and that all Christian understand that Elijah and John are the same in Christian belief.
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby The Eagle » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:10 pm

Gus Who wrote:Well I take it if Christians were teaching otherwise about Elijah coming in the form of John the Baptist... then they would not be in accordance with scripture.

... as there was many people who may of claimed in that day, just like in today's society to be 'following a calling'...

... as how does any Christian explain away the fact that 'God was sending Elijah..." and that all Christian understand that Elijah and John are the same in Christian belief.

Every single Christian religion is against you.

It's explained in the posts above batty - its not always literal.

But fact remains you are not following Christianity by believing as you do.
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Gus Who » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:37 pm

Then all these Christian Religion's that are against me, must be against Jesus's (Luke 1:17 verse) as the same spirit that those who saw as Elijah, also saw as John.

Clearly Jesus pointed this out!
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby The Eagle » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:45 am

Gus Who wrote:Then all these Christian Religion's that are against me, must be against Jesus's (Luke 1:17 verse) as the same spirit that those who saw as Elijah, also saw as John.

Clearly Jesus pointed this out!

No batty. Spirit and soul are not the same thing in scripture, from a Christian perspective Jesus wasn't referring to them being the same person/soul, go look it up from Christian sources.... You've misunderstood it and have over reached in terms of what you are claiming Christianity is/teaches.

It's like I have said to you before - having a belief is fine but if it doesn't sit with the rest of your beliefs - then something is wrong.

Among other scripture where it rules it out, Reincarnation undermines Jesus dying for peoples sins. So which belief is more important to you - that the bit where Jesus' dies for peoples sins or reincarnation? Let me make it clear - One is Christian one isn't.....

I just wonder why you are claiming something that goes against the very foundation of the religion you claim to follow and have been trying to say is true above all others - but its taken someone non-Christian to school you on something so basic about Christianity....

Like I have said, up to you what you want to believe in - but don't call it Christianity when its not.
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Gus Who » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:51 am

You do realize that many Christians get things wrong and that Jesus died for 'many sins' and not all sins... as the bible says you should lay down your life... and you'll be raised up...

... as a spirit and soul can be intertwined.. though here it is ...

Malachi 4:5-6 offers an intriguing prophecy: “See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the Lord comes. He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse.” (like the Cubs with baseball world series / Jewish people getting a home ball park )

Now to this day, Jewish are taught to anticipation that Elijah will return to herald the Messiah in fulfillment of Malachi’s word as they missed the boat that sailed West... with the Sun (and the spirit of the west / bleasings) ... well everyone can see that how long a curse can go...

In the New Testament, Jesus reveals that John the Baptist was the fulfillment of Malachi’s prophecy: “All the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who is to come” (Matthew 11:13-14). This fulfillment is also mentioned in Mark 1:2-4 and Luke 1:17; 7:27.

Specifically related to Malachi 4:5-6 is Matthew 17:10-13: “His disciples asked Him, saying, ‘Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?’ Jesus answered and said to them, ‘Indeed, Elijah is coming first and will restore all things. But I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him but did to him whatever they wished. . . .’ Then the disciples understood that He spoke to them of John the Baptist.”

So if Wii put this into batty terms... is Elijah the team Sprint, or a individual John that can win a batty title for cubs? As Jesus points to a John as the soul of the team.
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby The Eagle » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:19 am

Gus Who wrote:You do realize that many Christians get things wrong and that Jesus died for 'many sins' and not all sins... as the bible says you should lay down your life... and you'll be raised up...

... as a spirit and soul can be intertwined.. though here it is ...

Malachi 4:5-6 offers an intriguing prophecy: “See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the Lord comes. He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse.” (like the Cubs with baseball world series / Jewish people getting a home ball park )

Now to this day, Jewish are taught to anticipation that Elijah will return to herald the Messiah in fulfillment of Malachi’s word as they missed the boat that sailed West... with the Sun (and the spirit of the west / bleasings) ... well everyone can see that how long a curse can go...

In the New Testament, Jesus reveals that John the Baptist was the fulfillment of Malachi’s prophecy: “All the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who is to come” (Matthew 11:13-14). This fulfillment is also mentioned in Mark 1:2-4 and Luke 1:17; 7:27.

Specifically related to Malachi 4:5-6 is Matthew 17:10-13: “His disciples asked Him, saying, ‘Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?’ Jesus answered and said to them, ‘Indeed, Elijah is coming first and will restore all things. But I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him but did to him whatever they wished. . . .’ Then the disciples understood that He spoke to them of John the Baptist.”

So if Wii put this into batty terms... is Elijah the team Sprint, or a individual John that can win a batty title for cubs? As Jesus points to a John as the soul of the team.

Batty thats not the Christian interpretation - that's yours, and doesn't fit with other scripture and christianity.

You can keep repeating it - but its not going to become christian the more times you do. If what you are saying as true then why does every Christian religion think otherwise? Ask yourself that.

Perhaps being Christian isn't important to you and that's fine, believe what you want but be honest and don't call your beliefs Christian beliefs.

By the way the malachi 4:5/6 quote is for Jesus second coming - not the first. Again christian interpretation not mine. And the jewish interpretation would be Elijah won't be reincarnated as Elijah didn't die in the first place. While we are on jewish interpretation the word spirit being used is important as spirit and soul are different things. Again picking a he wish meaning here and a Christian meaning there - remember jewish interpretation is that Jesus wasn't the messiah but that isn't important?? Lol - you are getting confused with your references.

It's pretty clear batty.
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Gus Who » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:02 pm

You do understand that reincarnation goes to individuals spirit and not the kind of broad spirit that anyone could of fit the bill if they claimed to be a prophet doing the work ... as Jesus clearly pointed out John.
Plus what your claiming does not go to "individual" but applies to a job / spiritual TItle. (Like Pope)

Though fact show the even before John was born, he was already chosen to be Elijah according to these documents.

What your claiming about this is from your perspective of a non-christian. As Christian should be taught that Elijah and John are the same soul.
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby The Eagle » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:07 pm

Gus Who wrote:You do understand that reincarnation goes to individuals spirit and not the kind of broad spirit that anyone could of fit the bill if they claimed to be a prophet doing the work ... as Jesus clearly pointed out John.
Plus what your claiming does not go to "individual" but applies to a job / spiritual TItle. (Like Pope)

Though fact show the even before John was born, he was already chosen to be Elijah according to these documents.

What your claiming about this is from your perspective of a non-christian. As Christian should be taught that Elijah and John are the same soul.

No batty - again all Christian religions' teach that john and Elijah are not the same soul. Reincarnation isn't part of Christianity.

You seem to getting confused about who you are arguing against. It's not my beliefs but what Christianity teaches in every christian religion.....

Saying reincarnation is part of Christianity is absolutely not true - according to every Christian religion.....

What are you not getting? So you think every Christian religion is wrong?
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Gus Who » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:05 pm

The Eagle wrote:
Gus Who wrote:You do understand that reincarnation goes to individuals spirit and not the kind of broad spirit that anyone could of fit the bill if they claimed to be a prophet doing the work ... as Jesus clearly pointed out John.

No batty - again all Christian religions' teach that john and Elijah are not the same soul. Reincarnation isn't part of Christianity.

You seem to getting confused about who you are arguing against. It's not my beliefs but what Christianity teaches in every christian religion.....

Saying reincarnation is part of Christianity is absolutely not true - according to every Christian religion.....

What are you not getting? So you think every Christian religion is wrong?

I am saying that John is not 'resurrected' Elijah. As he was question under oath... and he is quoted of having no knowledge of being Elijah... Though one has too wonder if this testimony was taken under duress... Though any way you look at it, John and Elijah are the same soul according to Jesus words. (As spirit would go to John's followers... )
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Spirituality And Religious Beliefs