Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

 

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

where do your beliefs come from?

This forum is dedicated to topics of spirituality, spiritual growth, self awareness and religious beliefs. Share your ideas and insights on spirituality and personal enlightenment.

where do your beliefs come from?

Postby fluffette » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:23 pm

Mine come from deep experiences with God. Where do you believe yours come from?
fluffette
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby tropicalheatwave » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:14 pm

a combination between fear, hope, upbringing, and imagination.
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!
 
Posts: 2485
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:05 pm
Location: The third planet from the sun

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby fluffette » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:36 pm

Now thats an honest answer. What are you affraid of do you know or have you not been able to pin point it? I used to have a lot of fear when it came to my beliefs until i found out for myself what i actually believed. So i understand your answer.
fluffette
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby AmazonWarrior » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:23 am

My came from fear to be completely honest.I'm starting to become a christian now since i read all these religious posts - I'm afraid if i don't worship god my loved ones will go to hell as well as me.
ImageRIP Heath Ledger
User avatar
AmazonWarrior
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:07 am
Location: The Amazon

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby The Eagle » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:26 am

fluffette wrote:Mine come from deep experiences with God. Where do you believe yours come from?


Logical reasoning of observation and experience.

A simple question - you claim experiences with god. What made you believe it was god?
The Sun is Life, The Moon is Magic
User avatar
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:21 am

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby VenusInChains » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:31 am

I got bullied by evangelical Christians, and I thank them for it because I wouldn't have started exploring my spirituality otherwise.
Oh well
Whatever
Never mind
User avatar
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World
 
Posts: 1730
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:53 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby The Eagle » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:36 am

VenusInChains wrote:I got bullied by evangelical Christians, and I thank them for it because I wouldn't have started exploring my spirituality otherwise.


Im reminded of a gandhi quote -it was something like "jesus I like, i'm too sure about his followers - they are so unlike" :)
The Sun is Life, The Moon is Magic
User avatar
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:21 am

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby fluffette » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:47 am

AmazonWarrior wrote:My came from fear to be completely honest.I'm starting to become a christian now since i read all these religious posts - I'm afraid if i don't worship god my loved ones will go to hell as well as me.


You know amazonwarrior, i think a lot of people have come to some form of "religon" out of fear. Im sorry youre so fearful. It should t be that way. I will share with you that i was once just as afraid as you. I was terrified to die. I thought God was this vengful mean being who wanted nothing more than to send me to hell. Until i did some searching on my own and had some experiences of my own that made me realize He is a caring, loving, God who wants nothing more than me to talk to Him. I was completely honest with Him. I mean...He knows my heart anyway so why not tell Him all about it right? So i shared everything with Him, my fears, my failures, even my unbelief. What i found was an amazing love that i found nowhere else. I believe If you are honestly wanting a relationship with God, first and foremost you need to understand that He is a loving and caring God who wants you to just talk to Him. He knows youte not perfect and you never will be. At least not on this planet. :). Thats why He gave us Christ. Your loved ones are not going to hell because of something you did or didnt do. If you would like to talk more feel free to pm me. I dont mind. Have a good day and just open up and have an honest talk with Him.
fluffette
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby fluffette » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:00 am

VenusInChains wrote:I got bullied by evangelical Christians, and I thank them for it because I wouldn't have started exploring my spirituality otherwise.


Wow that sounds a lot like what happened to me except i was bullied by a particular sect of Christians. All they taught was hell fire and damnation so i never knew a caring loving God. I was terrified of God. i couldnt love a God who didnt love me so i started really searching. I left "religon" behind and God found me. It was a pretty intense and life changing experience.
fluffette
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby fluffette » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:07 am

The Eagle wrote:
fluffette wrote:Mine come from deep experiences with God. Where do you believe yours come from?


Logical reasoning of observation and experience.

A simple question - you claim experiences with god. What made you believe it was god?


Eagle, i hope there will come a time when i feel comfortable enough to be open with you and share my experiences with you and yours with me. Right now i dont.
fluffette
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby The Eagle » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:15 am

fluffette wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
fluffette wrote:Mine come from deep experiences with God. Where do you believe yours come from?


Logical reasoning of observation and experience.

A simple question - you claim experiences with god. What made you believe it was god?


Eagle, i hope there will come a time when i feel comfortable enough to be open with you and share my experiences with you and yours with me. Right now i dont.


Im just questioning why you call what you experienced - "experience with god"

What if it wasnt god? You could be leading people into a false belief.
The Sun is Life, The Moon is Magic
User avatar
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:21 am

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby AmazonWarrior » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:19 am

fluffette i sent you a Pm did it work?
ImageRIP Heath Ledger
User avatar
AmazonWarrior
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:07 am
Location: The Amazon

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby fluffette » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:24 am

Oh! I dont know...let me see if i can find it. Give me a minute to look.
fluffette
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby fluffette » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:29 am

Ok i figured it out. Let me take a look at it and respond ok?
fluffette
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby AmazonWarrior » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:31 am

thanks :)
ImageRIP Heath Ledger
User avatar
AmazonWarrior
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:07 am
Location: The Amazon

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby fluffette » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:56 am

I responded. I hope it helps you. Let me know if you have any other questions for me. Ive been up all night and im sure i ll be up all day. I have insomnia right now. Not at all fun.
fluffette
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby AmazonWarrior » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:16 am

Thank you again :) I sent you a little thank you in another Pm just now but it says its in the outbox instead of sent messages ... so no idea if it's been sent or not (I'm not so bright). About your Insomnia try drinking warm milk before you go to bed , make sure your bedroom is quiet ,cool and dark ,don't read from an iPad or something that's backlit ,Stop drinking caffeinated beverages at least eight hours before bed, Avoid drinking alcohol in the evening; while alcohol can make you feel sleepy, it interferes with the quality of your sleep and quit smoking or avoid it at night, as nicotine is a stimulant.
ImageRIP Heath Ledger
User avatar
AmazonWarrior
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:07 am
Location: The Amazon

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby fluffette » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:16 am

I responded to your response. I hope you got it.
fluffette
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby fluffette » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:20 am

AmazonWarrior wrote:Thank you again :) I sent you a little thank you in another Pm just now but it says its in the outbox instead of sent messages ... so no idea if it's been sent or not (I'm not so bright). About your Insomnia try drinking warm milk before you go to bed , make sure your bedroom is quiet ,cool and dark ,don't read from an iPad or something that's backlit ,Stop drinking caffeinated beverages at least eight hours before bed, Avoid drinking alcohol in the evening; while alcohol can make you feel sleepy, it interferes with the quality of your sleep and quit smoking or avoid it at night, as nicotine is a stimulant.


Thanks so much for the info! I dont smoke or drink alcohol or caffiene (i have a heart condition among other wonderful things) :). But i DO read from a smart phone! So no more at bed time (and milk grosses me out but i still might try it if it might help!) ;)
fluffette
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby AmazonWarrior » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:24 am

It's cool :)
ImageRIP Heath Ledger
User avatar
AmazonWarrior
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:07 am
Location: The Amazon

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby fluffette » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:36 am

I sent you another response but it said it was in my outbox rather than my sent box. So again...im not sure if you got it. Sorry!!
fluffette
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby The Eagle » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:39 am

fluffette wrote:
AmazonWarrior wrote:Thank you again :) I sent you a little thank you in another Pm just now but it says its in the outbox instead of sent messages ... so no idea if it's been sent or not (I'm not so bright). About your Insomnia try drinking warm milk before you go to bed , make sure your bedroom is quiet ,cool and dark ,don't read from an iPad or something that's backlit ,Stop drinking caffeinated beverages at least eight hours before bed, Avoid drinking alcohol in the evening; while alcohol can make you feel sleepy, it interferes with the quality of your sleep and quit smoking or avoid it at night, as nicotine is a stimulant.


Thanks so much for the info! I dont smoke or drink alcohol or caffiene (i have a heart condition among other wonderful things) :). But i DO read from a smart phone! So no more at bed time (and milk grosses me out but i still might try it if it might help!) ;)


Errr...... Interesting titbit.

I wonder if this was about having a god experience or being saved.

jesus said nothing can enter the human body that will defile the soul. So even by jesus' words smoking and drinking doesnt affect you being saved. I will also point out jesus drank wine regularly,

Reading from a smart phone is bad??? Lol - wow. Hmmm what if you read the bible on a smart phone? hmmmm......

It would be interesting to see the context of the advice. :dummy"
The Sun is Life, The Moon is Magic
User avatar
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:21 am

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby The World-Eater » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:42 am

The Eagle wrote:Reading from a smart phone is bad??? Lol - wow. Hmmm what if you read the bible on a smart phone? hmmmm......

Thou shalt not readeth fearytales on thy technology.
Last edited by The World-Eater on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
The World-Eater
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:49 pm
Location: At the End of the World

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby The Eagle » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:44 am

:pacing:
The World-Eater wrote:
The Eagle wrote:Reading from a smart phone is bad??? Lol - wow. Hmmm what if you read the bible on a smart phone? hmmmm......

Thou shalt not readeth fearytales on thy technology.


Ah yeah I forget the 11th commandment! :lol:
The Sun is Life, The Moon is Magic
User avatar
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:21 am

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby AmazonWarrior » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:06 am

Reading from a smart phone is bad for insomnia because LED lights in phones disturb production of the sleep hormone melanin-This means if your trying to get a good nights sleep, don't use smart phones right before trying to sleep.
ImageRIP Heath Ledger
User avatar
AmazonWarrior
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:07 am
Location: The Amazon

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby fluffette » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:09 am

AmazonWarrior wrote:Reading from a smart phone is bad for insomnia because LED lights in phones disturb production of the sleep hormone melanin-This means if your trying to get a good nights sleep, don't use smart phones right before trying to sleep.


Yeah i just read that! Thanks agsin for the heads up on the smart phone. I responded to your last pm. Hope you got it!
fluffette
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby AmazonWarrior » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:59 am

Yep i did fluffette thanks for praying for me :) good luck , hope your insomnia gets better soon .
ImageRIP Heath Ledger
User avatar
AmazonWarrior
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:07 am
Location: The Amazon

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby Caesar » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:23 am

And don't belief in anything... I never saw a reason to. It all sounds like fantasy and fairytale stories to me. Oh, no offense.
People are like delicate puzzles. Unraveling them is most enjoyable.
Caesar
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 7:31 am

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby AmazonWarrior » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:55 am

It's cool :) people should believe (or not believe) what they want to .
ImageRIP Heath Ledger
User avatar
AmazonWarrior
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:07 am
Location: The Amazon

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby plazaff » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:46 pm

I've been to many churches in the past, they've all gave more focus to their church instead of god.
They've all cared about getting more members as opposed to teaching the word of god.
They've all tried to give people a guilt trip (especially new members)
They've all claimed that your previous beliefs are wrong and theirs are correct.
so after realizing that religion has cast me away from the truth and god, I've decided to
study about god on my own without the help from churches that don't even share the same beliefs of other "Christian" churches :nodding: At least now I know where my beLIEfs don't come from :)
He shall cover thee with his feathers,
and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Psalms 91:4 KJV
User avatar
plazaff
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:55 am
Location: Blue Planet

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby Goldmoon » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:59 pm

Mine come from experience and are still evolving. ;)

*note I did not bump this topic just added after it was bumped. lol

Just a note worth mentioning - I realize my beliefs come from me - and so I wont' claim they come from anywhere else. My beliefs were originally shaped by my parents when I was a child, and then from friends and other outside sources when I was growing, and then I started believing based on my own experiences only and that is where it stands now. :)
Goldmoon
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:23 pm

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby beefsister » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:55 am

I grew up catholic, became atheist at the age of ten and then, last year when I was sixteen I found Asatru. It's quite interesting actually, I was getting confirmed (as previously stated, my family is catholic, I fought with them about it but I was unwilling to tell them why I didn't want to do it) and they were doing practice one sunday. I was doing a bit of reading about the old gods because I suddenly just found them super interesting. While sitting in the pew after receiving communion I, even surprising myself, made a prayer to Odin. When i lifted my head and looked 'round I found no sign he heard and felt my heart ripped in half, sure that he heard and was listening and that he would give me a sign.
When my father and I were making ready to leave the church he stopped to talk to someone next to the door. As I stood waiting for him to finish talking I was looking around the church as i nursed my disappointment when I saw a man, old and yet still kind of young to be called old, maybe in his 60's. He has an eye patch, and grey hair and was wearing a black jacket. He sat at a table facing me, no one payed him any mind. We made eye contact. In that moment I knew that was the all father. He was odin, in some way or another, it was him and he heard me. I tried not smiling like an idiot as my father and I left.
I even asked my dad if he saw the man sitting there, we walked right past him and he even looked in that direction. He said he doesn't know what I was talking about.
I've never seen that man before in my bible study and long years of going to church. I've never seen him after, either.
To this day, I am a devout asatruar. It's changed my life.
beefsister
Dream Child
Dream Child
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:01 am

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby plazaff » Fri May 01, 2015 12:15 pm

My beliefs come from my buthole :)
He shall cover thee with his feathers,
and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Psalms 91:4 KJV
User avatar
plazaff
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:55 am
Location: Blue Planet

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby Rhizo878 » Fri May 08, 2015 6:46 pm

I am a pastors kid, but walked away from the church around the age of 15 after taking LSD. I didn't really not believe in god, I kinda of just wasn't finding it in the church, so I became something of an agnostic. I became an alcoholic/drug addict, and used until about two years ago. I used psychedelic mushrooms to conquer my alcohol addiction, and through that I started believing in something higher than myself. My first belief was that everything happens for a reason, and from the first belief my world started to change.

I developed a spiritual approach to life, and my entire life changed. I started to love life, and I wasn't doing psychedelics all the time, just once every couple weeks. A lot of things started happening, and it is hard to understand. I started believing a lot of things, and the universe kind of flipped upside down. It was as if I was living in a dream, and it hasn't stopped since then.

Doctors say all sorts of things, but I am going to say it is what Carl Jung speaks of when he talks about rising gods taking on the greater personality in the jungian self. I am full of archetypes, and after a while I started believing I was gods lucid dream, for that's what I am. One of the most bizarre feelings I ever had, was when I became lucid in waking reality. That initial feeling you get when you are in a lucid dream, where you know you are dreaming, I got that in waking life. It is the only time I have ever experienced it, but at that moment I knew.

What I know, I cannot really say right now, but a lot of it has to do with Revelations. Manifesting that book into waking reality, and the process of the transformation and prophecy. It is really hard to talk about it, because putting it into words isn't really possible to do in a way people can understand. I believe in all religion, because all religion is the same, just different variations of the wording. It even talks about reincarnation in the bible, and few people pick up on it.

People really need to look at what is right in front of them. The dream world is important, and I have manifest a heaven on earth for myself, but it is taking time to bring others here. Synchronicity is very important, and I have it hundreds of times a day, it was frightening at first of course, but many are waking up and seeing the truth about our reality.
Rhizo878
DM Lurker
DM Lurker
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 6:03 pm

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby plazaff » Sat May 09, 2015 3:53 am

Rhizo878 wrote:
It even talks about reincarnation in the bible,

Please do share :)
He shall cover thee with his feathers,
and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Psalms 91:4 KJV
User avatar
plazaff
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:55 am
Location: Blue Planet

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby Rhizo878 » Sat May 09, 2015 7:20 am

plazaff wrote:
Rhizo878 wrote:
It even talks about reincarnation in the bible,

Please do share :)



I don't remember the exact spot, but it is where they talk about the young becoming old and the old becoming young. It is just a way to talk about reincarnation
Rhizo878
DM Lurker
DM Lurker
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 6:03 pm

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby The Eagle » Sat May 09, 2015 9:55 am

Rhizo878 wrote:
plazaff wrote:
Rhizo878 wrote:
It even talks about reincarnation in the bible,

Please do share :)



I don't remember the exact spot, but it is where they talk about the young becoming old and the old becoming young. It is just a way to talk about reincarnation


Reincarnation is part of jewish culture as is part of pagan culture - this actually cones from the seasons cycles and the personification of that. Its creating a story based on the earths cycles for the understanding of humans. This story progresses and you get reincarnation of life.

You could look at young becoming old and old becoming young as - as the young need looking after as they grow- and as you get old he elderly needing looking after. Metephorically returning them to children.

No need for magic tricks.
The Sun is Life, The Moon is Magic
User avatar
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:21 am

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby plazaff » Sat May 09, 2015 1:03 pm

The Eagle wrote:
No need for magic tricks.

And what "magic tricks" might you be speaking of?
He shall cover thee with his feathers,
and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Psalms 91:4 KJV
User avatar
plazaff
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:55 am
Location: Blue Planet

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby The Eagle » Sat May 09, 2015 1:42 pm

plazaff wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
No need for magic tricks.

And what "magic tricks" might you be speaking of?


Things that are so illogical that they should be discounted- like life after death for humans and a human conciousness surviving death and "entering" a new life.

Reincarnation is the ego not accepting that one day it wont exist. Think of existence - its reliant on the body not the mind. Things can exist without a mind - but they cant without a "body".
The Sun is Life, The Moon is Magic
User avatar
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:21 am

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby Tal » Sun May 10, 2015 1:22 am

Prove it. Where are the studies that show your claims are true. You persistently insist that your beliefs are the only ones that have any validity yet you've never offered up a shred of evidence supporting this. I've searched several places and have found no scientific studies that support your ideology.
Tal
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand
 
Posts: 3745
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 7:33 am

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby The Eagle » Sun May 10, 2015 1:58 am

Tal wrote:Prove it. Where are the studies that show your claims are true. You persistently insist that your beliefs are the only ones that have any validity yet you've never offered up a shred of evidence supporting this. I've searched several places and have found no scientific studies that support your ideology.


A logical argument stands as self-evident.

There have been many studies on souls, life after death, reincarnation - all have come up blank in terms of proving it exists. If they had proof we would call it science and truth.

Therefore - discounting something based on a lack of supporting evidence is stronger logic than insisting something it true without evidence and reason. Simple as that. :)
The Sun is Life, The Moon is Magic
User avatar
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:21 am

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby plazaff » Wed May 13, 2015 11:27 pm

I agree with The Eagle.
I might also add that, in the bible we discover the concept of resurrection. Also, Jesus Christ
only resurrected once, In a immortal physical body, while
reincarnation is the continuation of the soul into a vessel e.g cat, dog, cow, human,
multiple times. Consider this verse: 1 Corinthians 15 stating “So also is the resurrection of the dead It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body,” Not the same as reincarnation. just my :2cents: :) Feel free to add.
He shall cover thee with his feathers,
and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Psalms 91:4 KJV
User avatar
plazaff
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:55 am
Location: Blue Planet

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby The Eagle » Thu May 14, 2015 11:28 pm

plazaff wrote:I agree with The Eagle.
I might also add that, in the bible we discover the concept of resurrection. Also, Jesus Christ
only resurrected once, In a immortal physical body, while
reincarnation is the continuation of the soul into a vessel e.g cat, dog, cow, human,
multiple times. Consider this verse: 1 Corinthians 15 stating “So also is the resurrection of the dead It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body,” Not the same as reincarnation. just my :2cents: :) Feel free to add.


Resurrection - can be discounted for the same reasons as discounting reincarnation and souls.

Although , i'm wondering what you mean by "immortal physical body"?
The Sun is Life, The Moon is Magic
User avatar
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:21 am

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby plazaff » Sun May 17, 2015 4:14 am

The Eagle wrote:
plazaff wrote:I agree with The Eagle.
I might also add that, in the bible we discover the concept of resurrection. Also, Jesus Christ
only resurrected once, In a immortal physical body, while
reincarnation is the continuation of the soul into a vessel e.g cat, dog, cow, human,
multiple times. Consider this verse: 1 Corinthians 15 stating “So also is the resurrection of the dead It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body,” Not the same as reincarnation. just my :2cents: :) Feel free to add.


Resurrection - can be discounted for the same reasons as discounting reincarnation and souls.

Although , i'm wondering what you mean by "immortal physical body"?

Yes your right, reincarnation and resurrection can be disregarded, I was merely explaining to "rhizo" that
reincarnation isn't a concept agreeable to The Bible, he
might be getting the two confused. I am also one to agree with
logic and reason to a certain degree, as there are mysteries that do defy logic, but nonetheless are believed to be real eg, ghost, aliens etc. As for "immortal physical body"
it's from a verse while studying Bible verses pertaining to
the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Consider this, after his resurrection Jesus said,
“See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have," (Luke. 24:39).
I don't know if you study The Bible much but if you do then maybe you can add some insight. :)
He shall cover thee with his feathers,
and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Psalms 91:4 KJV
User avatar
plazaff
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:55 am
Location: Blue Planet

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby The Eagle » Sun May 17, 2015 11:08 pm

plazaff wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
plazaff wrote:I agree with The Eagle.
I might also add that, in the bible we discover the concept of resurrection. Also, Jesus Christ
only resurrected once, In a immortal physical body, while
reincarnation is the continuation of the soul into a vessel e.g cat, dog, cow, human,
multiple times. Consider this verse: 1 Corinthians 15 stating “So also is the resurrection of the dead It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body,” Not the same as reincarnation. just my :2cents: :) Feel free to add.


Resurrection - can be discounted for the same reasons as discounting reincarnation and souls.

Although , i'm wondering what you mean by "immortal physical body"?

Yes your right, reincarnation and resurrection can be disregarded, I was merely explaining to "rhizo" that
reincarnation isn't a concept agreeable to The Bible, he
might be getting the two confused. I am also one to agree with
logic and reason to a certain degree, as there are mysteries that do defy logic, but nonetheless are believed to be real eg, ghost, aliens etc. As for "immortal physical body"
it's from a verse while studying Bible verses pertaining to
the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Consider this, after his resurrection Jesus said,
“See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have," (Luke. 24:39).
I don't know if you study The Bible much but if you do then maybe you can add some insight. :)


Sure - heres the insight, it doesnt matter what is written in the bible, it doesnt make it true. Unicorns are mentioned in the bible - it doesnt make unicorns real. Making jesus into the demi god they increase the appeal - its showbiz.

Oh and ghosts arent considered true, aliens arent considered real based on logic and reason -Theres no proof of either.(you can argue bactetia on other planets for aliens)

However - the bible does support reincarnation - but the political swing when christianity comes along its important that the concept is shunned. :)
The Sun is Life, The Moon is Magic
User avatar
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:21 am

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby plazaff » Mon May 18, 2015 4:49 am

["The Eagle"]

Sure - heres the insight, it doesnt matter what is written in the bible, it doesnt make it true. Unicorns are mentioned in the bible - it doesnt make unicorns real. Making jesus into the demi god they increase the appeal - its showbiz.

Of coarse is doesn't make it true. Merely explaining something to another individual.
Oh and ghosts arent considered true, aliens arent considered real based on logic and reason -Theres no proof of either.(you can argue bactetia on other planets for aliens)

Of coarse they are not considered true, but reason and logic are still present in the study of such subjects
like parapsychology. There's not enough supporting evidence to validate it I do agree.
However - the bible does support reincarnation - but the political swing when christianity comes along its important that the concept is shunned. :)

That is your opinion in which you have a right to express. But since your a person of logic
and reason, perhaps you can put some logic and reason down on the table, otherwise it's an opinion,
one that is incorrect about reincarnation agreeable to the Bible. Where is the truth behind this?
Or is it something you made up in your head and labled it ''logical''? Last time I checked "reincarnation"
is not even mentioned in the Bible. So how do you respond by saying it is agreeable?
saying something without reason, logic, or evidence by a person who believes in them is a bit hypocritical.
He shall cover thee with his feathers,
and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Psalms 91:4 KJV
User avatar
plazaff
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:55 am
Location: Blue Planet

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby The Eagle » Mon May 18, 2015 3:20 pm

plazaff wrote:["The Eagle"]

Sure - heres the insight, it doesnt matter what is written in the bible, it doesnt make it true. Unicorns are mentioned in the bible - it doesnt make unicorns real. Making jesus into the demi god they increase the appeal - its showbiz.

Of coarse is doesn't make it true. Merely explaining something to another individual.
Oh and ghosts arent considered true, aliens arent considered real based on logic and reason -Theres no proof of either.(you can argue bactetia on other planets for aliens)

Of coarse they are not considered true, but reason and logic are still present in the study of such subjects
like parapsychology. There's not enough supporting evidence to validate it I do agree.
However - the bible does support reincarnation - but the political swing when christianity comes along its important that the concept is shunned. :)

That is your opinion in which you have a right to express. But since your a person of logic
and reason, perhaps you can put some logic and reason down on the table, otherwise it's an opinion,
one that is incorrect about reincarnation agreeable to the Bible. Where is the truth behind this?
Or is it something you made up in your head and labled it ''logical''? Last time I checked "reincarnation"
is not even mentioned in the Bible. So how do you respond by saying it is agreeable?
saying something without reason, logic, or evidence by a person who believes in them is a bit hypocritical.


I can give you bible quotes from the old testament - even quotes that jesus was supposed to have said - or you could search for them yourself - its probably better if you do it, it may seem less like i'm trying to prove you wrong when you find them.

Reincarnation in the bible is not about logic - its knowledge or I suppose you argue interpretation.

See what you can find. :)
The Sun is Life, The Moon is Magic
User avatar
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:21 am

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby Goldmoon » Mon May 18, 2015 4:20 pm

My beliefs come from experience. Sometimes logical processing and sometimes just following those good old spidey senses - other times emotions take the lead.

Not religious - fear does not shape my beliefs, it is my indicator of what is not right though. If you fear it - its unnatural and most likely not good for you. lol
Goldmoon
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:23 pm

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby plazaff » Fri May 22, 2015 1:41 pm

The Eagle wrote:
plazaff wrote:["The Eagle"]

Sure - heres the insight, it doesnt matter what is written in the bible, it doesnt make it true. Unicorns are mentioned in the bible - it doesnt make unicorns real. Making jesus into the demi god they increase the appeal - its showbiz.

Of coarse is doesn't make it true. Merely explaining something to another individual.
Oh and ghosts arent considered true, aliens arent considered real based on logic and reason -Theres no proof of either.(you can argue bactetia on other planets for aliens)

Of coarse they are not considered true, but reason and logic are still present in the study of such subjects
like parapsychology. There's not enough supporting evidence to validate it I do agree.
However - the bible does support reincarnation - but the political swing when christianity comes along its important that the concept is shunned. :)

That is your opinion in which you have a right to express. But since your a person of logic
and reason, perhaps you can put some logic and reason down on the table, otherwise it's an opinion,
one that is incorrect about reincarnation agreeable to the Bible. Where is the truth behind this?
Or is it something you made up in your head and labled it ''logical''? Last time I checked "reincarnation"
is not even mentioned in the Bible. So how do you respond by saying it is agreeable?
saying something without reason, logic, or evidence by a person who believes in them is a bit hypocritical.


I can give you bible quotes from the old testament - even quotes that jesus was supposed to have said - or you could search for them yourself - its probably better if you do it, it may seem less like i'm trying to prove you wrong when you find them.

Reincarnation in the bible is not about logic - its knowledge or I suppose you argue interpretation.

See what you can find. :)

Nah its ok. I'm taking a long break from the Bible and that sort. Too much thinking you know what I mean?
Ahh what the hell now im curious. please do give the bible quotes you speak of.
PS
Your not proving anyone wrong because if that's the case then it would seem that you
are just trying to be argumentative which is by no means a solution to anything.
But if your trying to shed some light here and share what you know, then we can
all be happy campers and respect that as I respect people and their beliefs whether I
agree with them or not.
He shall cover thee with his feathers,
and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Psalms 91:4 KJV
User avatar
plazaff
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:55 am
Location: Blue Planet

Re: where do your beliefs come from?

Postby The Eagle » Sat May 23, 2015 3:01 pm

plazaff wrote:Nah its ok. I'm taking a long break from the Bible and that sort. Too much thinking you know what I mean?
Ahh what the hell now im curious. please do give the bible quotes you speak of.
PS
Your not proving anyone wrong because if that's the case then it would seem that you
are just trying to be argumentative which is by no means a solution to anything.
But if your trying to shed some light here and share what you know, then we can
all be happy campers and respect that as I respect people and their beliefs whether I
agree with them or not.


Lol i'm not meaning to sound argumentitive - I realise that just how I come across - most of the time.

You got to remember if approaching the concept from a christian point of view - its very very important that reincarnation is shunned. Christian rough idea is you live you die you are judged heaven /hell. Reincarnation doesnt fit.

However, again interpretation here - jesus refererred to john the baptist as elijah. Christian idea is jesus referred to the spirit of elijah. Thats not how one of messianic prophecies was understood by the people who actually wrote them - its in the old testament.

Then you have jesus disciples asking if a blind man sinned before he was born for the reason he was blind. Jesus said no - but the very question and jesus not saying its impossible, shows its the belief or the possibility/belief of reincarnation was part if their beliefs.

Again, the christian thing built upon jesus' beliefs/teachings - its important that reincarnation isnt possible/ an option - but jesus teachings aren't christianity. :)
The Sun is Life, The Moon is Magic
User avatar
The Eagle
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:21 am

Next

Return to Spirituality And Religious Beliefs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Shared Bottom Border