Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

How do I find my spirit guide?

This forum is dedicated to topics of spirituality, spiritual growth, self awareness and religious beliefs. Share your ideas and insights on spirituality and personal enlightenment.

How do I find my spirit guide?

Postby DreamNerd » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:09 pm

I've really been wanting to meet my spirit guide. I've done a lot of research about them, and I think it would be a wonderful thing if I actually got to meet him/her/them. I don't really have the patience for meditating, but if that's what I have to do, I'll do it.
Rules are meant to be broken. What's the point of living, if somebody else is only telling you what to do?
DreamNerd
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: How do I find my spirit guide?

Postby Justified » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Wouldn't they find you in your dreams, and isn't that their purpose to help you understand what you are dreaming about, or do I have the concept of spirit guides turned around?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Justified
The Grey Knight
The Grey Knight

Postby Geist » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:44 am

Justified wrote:Wouldn't they find you in your dreams, and isn't that their purpose to help you understand what you are dreaming about, or do I have the concept of spirit guides turned around?

You do have that accurate.

They have to come to the person, the person can't just rush over to them.

I suggest lucid dreaming would help a little. I've read where playing games like sims can help people control their dream edviroment to an extint because it trains our brain to work while asleep.
What I have learned from personal lucid dreaming is a person has to divide out the Just a casual dream part out from the premonitional/spiritual part.
also the vitamin B6 and B12 found in most vitamins can also to and extint cause wild dreams.

Note: some people do get stomach cramps if they take a regular vitamin at night do to the ferrous sulfate with in it mixing with the natural gases of the stomach. Either take a non-iron vitamin or take the regular and wait an hour before bed.
And if none of that works just pray about it, hey people have 6 dreams each night and if they are lucky they can recollect 4 of them. You may have already dreamt of it, try relaxing as you dose off and let your mind wonder, not on the daily activities, but on what dreams you have dreamt in the past that had little or no significance and let you mind slowly climb to the last dream you had. Who knows you may stumble upon something, just don't let your natural human maximum of 7 thoughts overwrite you into a sudden wide awake mode until you've found a important recall, then jot it down on paper, which you keep by your bedside along with a pen.
Hope this helps.
Life is not seperate from death, it only looks that way-Blackfoot proverb

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.- Navajo proverb.
Geist
Requiem For A Dream
Requiem For A Dream

Postby VenusInChains » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:40 pm

There are heaps of ways to come into contact with your spirit guide. They can contact you through dreams, I find it hard to lucid dream but it may be different for you. I didn't know anything about using vitamins to help you do it, I have read somewhere that setting an early alarm and then allowing yourself to drift back to sleep can cause you to lucid dream. Personally I prefer meditation to lucid dreaming because I find it easier to do and I don't necessarily trust dreams to be anything more than my mind releasing/reflecting what I'm dealing with while I'm awake. But that's me, I don't believe dreams are prophetic but everyone is different.

There is another way for your spirit guides to contact you that no one has mentioned so far and that's by scrying. It does take time to do aswell and it's kinda like meditation, you do need patience to do it. You can make a scrying mirror which is really easy, you just get an empty photo frame and paint the glass black. There are heaps of instructions on the internet on how to make these, they are pretty easy. I made one, and I think I have mentioned on this website that my husband's spirit guide came through. When I first made it, I thought it was amazing. I kept moving it's position around the house cause I didn't have a lot of time for meditation, and I hoped to get a glimpse of something. However I never saw anything for myself. My husband walked passed it one day and he noticed what looked like a roman soldier standing in the reflection. My husband called me over and I could see it too, but the soldier had his back towards me in the reflection. My husband on the other hand could see the roman soldier's face in the reflection. So I came to the conclusion that that was my husband's spirit guide not mine. I haven't really used the mirror a lot lately, you can meditate with them. You can use other things for scrying as well, anything shiny with a reflective surface is fine so you could use a normal mirror, but it does take practise to use other things.
I was here.
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World

Postby Geist » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:16 am

:whoa:
Venus, you just taught me something, thankyou I have never heard of one of those.
My mom just uses a old mirror by her bed. But I've never heard of scrying before.
That may explain how one night I seen a mans reflection in a picture I drew that is hanging in a glass and wooden frame on the wall in my room.

That may very well enhance what I've been seeing. Very much thanks.
Life is not seperate from death, it only looks that way-Blackfoot proverb

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.- Navajo proverb.
Geist
Requiem For A Dream
Requiem For A Dream

Return to Spirituality And Religious Beliefs