Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

What's for Dinner?

Got something on your mind? Get it off your chest! Talk about anything here...well almost anything.

Re: What's for Dinner?

Postby Jeff_in_Time » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:07 pm

KRSTYSTLCLR wrote:Haha Cap, right now Im cooking us a huge dish of honest to God home cooked American 1st Ammdt. This is what I really think Speech! Its awesome! Everyone should try it.

So ok, Im not ranting at you, I like you tons.

This is how you do it. Take a totally fucking normal relationship thread, fuck around a little, get all nice and wet, then bam! Throw you fellow DM members into a fiery BBQ pit and let them fry. Get one fed up bitch to tell it streight and waala you have a wonderful dish of free fucking speech regardless of who see's it or who is offended or who could give 2 shits or who only has a single give a shit left. Hell, some bystanders are so God damed dried up from ass fucking that they dont give a shit at all.

Anywho...hows that sound?

:D I laughed at this post. Because it speaks a lot of truth and was funny as fook.
Last night we had spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread. Most of my meal end up being Italian.
Jeff_in_Time
J'effing Cool
J'effing Cool

Postby Guardian7347 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:46 am

KRSTYSTLCLR wrote:Haha Cap, right now Im cooking us a huge dish of honest to God home cooked American 1st Ammdt. This is what I really think Speech! Its awesome! Everyone should try it.

This is how you do it. Take a totally fucking normal relationship thread, fuck around a little, get all nice and wet, then bam! Throw you fellow DM members into a fiery BBQ pit and let them fry. Get one fed up bitch to tell it streight and waala you have a wonderful dish of free fucking speech regardless of who see's it or who is offended or who could give 2 shits or who only has a single give a shit left. Hell, some bystanders are so God damed dried up from ass fucking that they dont give a shit at all.

:rofl: :rofl: I LOVE IT! Can you make that recipe for a larger party? I must say, when you don't give a fuck, you come with some awesome lines!
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
Guardian7347
The Legend
The Legend

Postby cap1015 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:09 am

Hot artichoke, spinach, cheese dip- with crusty bread or pita chips
Grilled asparagus and Corn on the cob
Grilled Pork tenderloin and/or chicken breasts (both marinated)
Turtle Cheese Cake
Beer-lots of it. 8-)
I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
George Carlin
cap1015
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Justified » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:02 pm

:lol: That recipe seems to be cooking all over this website, a weekly favorite. I was forced into a fish meal, to my shock and surprise I don't hate fish as much as I thought I did. It was battered in some beer, that might be why.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Justified
The Grey Knight
The Grey Knight

Postby LifeChanges » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:17 am

Crushed black peppercorn and dijon mustard encrusted pork chops with a beurre blanc sauce
Sauteed zucchini with lemony white rice
LifeChanges
Art In Motion
Art In Motion

Postby LifeChanges » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:20 am

And a baby greens salad with roasted asparagus and feta cheese, with a lemon-dijon, thyme and chive vinaigrette.

Edit: That was the best damn vinaigrette I've ever made.
LifeChanges
Art In Motion
Art In Motion

Postby LifeChanges » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:57 am

Fried rice balls stuffed with cheese and spinach
LifeChanges
Art In Motion
Art In Motion

Postby Vulcanoid » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:55 am

Some dry bread soaked in a glass of water.
Be good. And if you're not, be good at being bad
Vulcanoid
MADness by design
MADness by design

Postby SharA2 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:22 am

KRSTYSTLCLR wrote:
BTW, I love Italian food Shara. Your brothers are spoiled! :lol:

I agree, 100% momma's boys. Yesterday we had a Hawaiian style pork chops.

:clap: and :blowingkisses: and :hugs: and :cheers:
You'll be missed by lots of us. Disgraceful you were made so upset on here, and I do not mean anything you said was disgraceful. Hope you return on another account, if so please let me know. I'll email you. :hugs:
And I want to wake up with the rain
Falling on a tin roof
While I'm safe there in your arms
So all I ask is for you
To come away with me in the night
Come away with me
SharA2
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BLUE » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:53 am

Back to the topic shall we?

Steaks on the grill. Twiced baked potatoes and a nice green salad. :heartpump:
"I saw an angel in the marble and carved until I set him free" -Michelangelo
BLUE
Beloved Beauty
Beloved Beauty

Postby Lillith » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:21 am

Duck in plum sauce with jasmine rice :eat:

The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.
Lillith
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby LifeChanges » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Lillith wrote:Duck in plum sauce with jasmine rice :eat:

Yum!
LifeChanges
Art In Motion
Art In Motion

Postby tropicalheatwave » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:21 pm

I'm a black belt in the kitchen. nobody can beat me. :king:

tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!

Postby cap1015 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:24 am

Mini taco salad cups- see pics, bake at 375 about 10 minutes (corn or flour------first stack tortilla's between two damp paper towels on two microwave safe plates for about 40 seconds, then spary with cooking spray, then place on the back of a muffin pan ans shown)

I filled with your choice:
of ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning and cilantro or canned chicken drained, then stir fried in a skillet with cilantro, lilme juice, salt and pepper.
Lettuce
Guacomole
Sour cream
Black Beans
Tomatoes
shredded cheese
Red and Green Salsa

Dessert was butterscotch pudding.
I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
George Carlin
cap1015
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby LifeChanges » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:29 am

cap1015 wrote:Image

Mini taco salad cups- see pics, bake at 375 about 10 minutes (corn or flour------first stack tortilla's between two damp paper towels on two microwave safe plates for about 40 seconds, then spary with cooking spray, then place on the back of a muffin pan ans shown)

I filled with your choice:
of ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning and cilantro or canned chicken drained, then stir fried in a skillet with cilantro, lilme juice, salt and pepper.
Lettuce
Guacomole
Sour cream
Black Beans
Tomatoes
shredded cheese
Red and Green Salsa

Dessert was butterscotch pudding.
:eat:
LifeChanges
Art In Motion
Art In Motion

Postby cap1015 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:27 am

Garden fresh grean beans and new potatoes (steam in sea salt, pepper, and butter)
Mac and Cheese
Thinky sliced cucumbers drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Baked chicken breast (seasoned with lime, terriyaki, seasoned salt)
Frozen Bananas dipped in chocolate.
George Carlin
cap1015
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Lillith » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:31 am

tropicalheatwave wrote:I'm a black belt in the kitchen. nobody can beat me. :king:

I could :excited:

The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.
Lillith
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby JessicaBunny » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:55 am

we had an irish stew, no exactly summer fare.
“The truest form of love is how you behave toward someone, not how you feel about them.”
JessicaBunny
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby tropicalheatwave » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Lillith wrote:
tropicalheatwave wrote:I'm a black belt in the kitchen. nobody can beat me. :king:

lets see it then.

show me photos of you cooking or baking something. :eat:
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!

Postby LifeChanges » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:36 pm

I'm about to go make some meat balls filled with caramelized onions, herbs, and cheeses. Then I'm going to simmer them in a jar sauce :D , and use fresh fettuccine noodles bought from the store :D to serve them on.
LifeChanges
Art In Motion
Art In Motion

Postby Lillith » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:29 pm

tropicalheatwave wrote:
Lillith wrote:

lets see it then.

show me photos of you cooking or baking something. :eat:

Just one of my creations and all is edible :D (well, apart from the casing and box of course!! :lol: )

Lillith
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby tropicalheatwave » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:07 am

^^ looks good. :cupcake:
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!

Postby Lillith » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:51 am

All food looks good if there's a passion for making it :D

Lillith
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Geist » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:09 am

Lets all go to lilliths for supper. :eat:
Life is not seperate from death, it only looks that way-Blackfoot proverb

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.- Navajo proverb.
Geist
Requiem For A Dream
Requiem For A Dream

Postby LifeChanges » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:47 am

Lillith those cupcakes are darling! I take it you are a professional baker?
LifeChanges
Art In Motion
Art In Motion

Postby Lillith » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Thanks guys :D

I am a Chef by trade, but I want to train to become a pâtissier. Another year or 2 then I will have the time to do so!

Lillith
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby LifeChanges » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:55 am

Lillith wrote:Thanks guys :D

I am a Chef by trade, but I want to train to become a pâtissier. Another year or 2 then I will have the time to do so!

Oooo, a chef. I love to cook! Almost went to culinary but chickened out becuase I didn't have the guts to move out of state. Oh, well. Tell me, what do you do? I'm very interested :D
LifeChanges
Art In Motion
Art In Motion

Postby BLUE » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:09 am

Omg it's almost to hot to cook :cheers:
BLUE
Beloved Beauty
Beloved Beauty

Postby Lillith » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:07 am

LifeChanges wrote:

Oooo, a chef. I love to cook! Almost went to culinary but chickened out becuase I didn't have the guts to move out of state. Oh, well. Tell me, what do you do? I'm very interested :D

At the moment, I do catering for parties and events when I can as I look after my Mam on a daily basis. As soon as she's completed her surgery and after care I'll have the time to move on and do other things. I started out when I was 16 and my boss who is from Jamaica encouraged me to follow my dream as he did. He came over to work for his uncle but spread his wings and became a very successful business man. He still runs his restaurants hands on and he has been an inspiration to me. I took a lot of his ideas and methods with me and made my own creations with his guidance. I enjoy food, eating as well as creating :D

I was young when I moved out on my own and it was the best thing I ever did. Obviously I have responsibilities nowadays so travelling away to new pastures is off the agenda for now, but my dream is to have my own tea shop. Small I know, but I have a traditional way of doing things and if there is one thing my boss taught me it was never take on more than is necessary.

What do you do?

Lillith
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BLUE » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:28 am

Lillith that is wonderful :) I am so happy for you :)
BLUE
Beloved Beauty
Beloved Beauty

Postby Lillith » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:33 am

BLUE wrote:Lillith that is wonderful :) I am so happy for you :)

Thank you BLUE, that means a lot :) :hugs:

Lillith
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby LifeChanges » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:48 pm

Lillith wrote:
LifeChanges wrote:

At the moment, I do catering for parties and events when I can as I look after my Mam on a daily basis. As soon as she's completed her surgery and after care I'll have the time to move on and do other things. I started out when I was 16 and my boss who is from Jamaica encouraged me to follow my dream as he did. He came over to work for his uncle but spread his wings and became a very successful business man. He still runs his restaurants hands on and he has been an inspiration to me. I took a lot of his ideas and methods with me and made my own creations with his guidance. I enjoy food, eating as well as creating :D

I was young when I moved out on my own and it was the best thing I ever did. Obviously I have responsibilities nowadays so travelling away to new pastures is off the agenda for now, but my dream is to have my own tea shop. Small I know, but I have a traditional way of doing things and if there is one thing my boss taught me it was never take on more than is necessary.

What do you do?

A tea shop sounds great! I'm glad you followed your passion and that you have a great mentor. I agree with not taking on more than necessary. Right now, I'm a stay at home mom with a part-time job. Things are changing up at the moment. I've been working on cooking different cuisines as a hobby. Cooking a complicated dish is like meditation to me. You have to focus on each individual component to get the desired result. Italian and Greek are my favorite. What's yours? I have a library of cook books that I study. Alas, food will not be my calling. I'm going to school and studying Applied Mathematics. I like manipulating numbers in an equation. As odd as it sounds, I think it's fun :D
LifeChanges
Art In Motion
Art In Motion

Postby Lillith » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:22 am

Mathematics is a fine thing to have knowledge of. My youngest son has just received a bronze award for the UK Mathematical Challenge. I was always good with numbers, but my passion for food took over ;)

I too find cooking very therapeutic, I particularly like rustic food. I come from an Irish family so we have recipes that have been passed down. Each generation has evolved some of them to our own liking but we've pretty much kept tradition. One of my favourite of all time has to be a good old Sunday Lunch with Yorkshire puddings :D

For a more refined dining, I love sushi and Thai dishes.

But tonight, I'm am gracing my palate with cheese and bacon omelette :D

Lillith
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby gargoylegoil » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:28 am

Thinking about making some chicken soup with rotisserie chicken.
gargoylegoil
On The Wings Of A Dragonfly
On The Wings Of A Dragonfly

Postby Lillith » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:29 am

gargoylegoil wrote:Thinking about making some chicken soup with rotisserie chicken.

Sound delicious!!

Lillith
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby DreamerNtheClouds » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:35 pm

BBQ with hawaii pineapple glaze :P
The Dawn of Roses.
DreamerNtheClouds
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby SharA2 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:30 am

Lillith wrote:

Just one of my creations and all is edible :D (well, apart from the casing and box of course!! :lol: )

Those look delicious, Lillith. You are very artistic. :clap:

I miss Krsty in her own thread :hugs: Having a bbq in maybe four hours from now -- going to make up pasta for it, and brownies.
And I want to wake up with the rain
Falling on a tin roof
While I'm safe there in your arms
So all I ask is for you
To come away with me in the night
Come away with me
SharA2
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby LifeChanges » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Chicago dogs
LifeChanges
Art In Motion
Art In Motion

Postby Lillith » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:59 am

Chilli con carne.

Lillith
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby cap1015 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:55 am

Grilled Steak/chicken/bratz/smoked sausage
Ranch and bacon pasta salad
Steamed Brocoli/Cauliflower/snow peas
Garlic cheese biscuits
blueberry cheesecake
George Carlin
cap1015
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BLUE » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:34 am

cap1015 wrote:Grilled Steak/chicken/bratz/smoked sausage
Ranch and bacon pasta salad
Steamed Brocoli/Cauliflower/snow peas
Garlic cheese biscuits
blueberry cheesecake

I am already in the car
BLUE
Beloved Beauty
Beloved Beauty

Postby cap1015 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:38 am

can't wait for you to get here, can you stop in Chi-town and get me some Old Style?
George Carlin
cap1015
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BLUE » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:42 am

Old style? My dad used to drink that :) I am into weird beer (always like trying something new) and frozen drinks. It's to hot to drink anything else! What may I bring you my dear captain? :)
BLUE
Beloved Beauty
Beloved Beauty

Postby LifeChanges » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:44 pm

Fried okra, it's a meatless night.
LifeChanges
Art In Motion
Art In Motion

Postby KRSTY » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:25 am

Hey everyone, thanks for keeping my What's for Dinner topic going in my absence.

@ Cap, I was saying before I went on my RANT...that I love how you do a whole spread when you cook. From the meats and veggies to the sides and deserts, you put a lot of effort into a good meal and it shows. I cant wait to try the mini toastada's!

@ Lillith, welcome and thanks for your contributions as well. Those cupcakes are great! What were they for a birthday party or honoring a girlfriend or something along those lines? My sister in law and nieces do beautiful cake and cookie creations too. I think it really takes a passion to do work like that.

Keep up the great work everyone. I'm working on hearty salads for summer that don't require a lot of actual cooking. Trying to keep it cool as things heat up.
KRSTY
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby JessicaBunny » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:14 am

sushi tonight. i love it. i tried making my own and it doesn't taste as good as when eating out.
“The truest form of love is how you behave toward someone, not how you feel about them.”
JessicaBunny
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BLUE » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Chicken on the grill with a spicy sauce. Corn on the cob and fresh tomatoes and cucumber slices. Made me think of my girls and their gardens. :heartpump:
BLUE
Beloved Beauty
Beloved Beauty

Postby Periwinkle » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:21 pm

Delicious shepherd's pie made from scratch. :heartpump:
My very own store:

http://www.zazzle.com:80/thedizzyowl

Stop by and check out some of my sweet shirts, mugs, tote bags, etc, if you like.
Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby Lillith » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:23 am

Shepherds pie.....................yum!!!! :D

Lillith
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby KRSTY » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:40 pm

Chicken Alfredo with fresh, steamed asparagus and chilled watermelon after. :eat:
KRSTY
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

PreviousNext

Return to Rant And Rave