Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

 

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

RANT-I Must expect too much........

Got something on your mind? Get it off your chest! Talk about anything here...well almost anything.

RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby cap1015 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:04 am

I must just expect too much or have a greater faith in people than most. But I'm at the point that I may exit Dreammoods again. I used to really enjoy this site, it had debate, humor, insight, flame wars, pictures, games, many areas of interest. But it is fading and fading fast.
Most posts are 1 line, if someone posts more than a paragraph, people don't read or they skim and post a 1 line response that may not be relevant because when they "scanned" the post they missed an important part. Of course I understand as many of the longer post have become something written as:

"ya SEE my Friend, She Uh got all up in my bizness, and yall know I can' t have THAT so I went and did sumptin stupid and now the bitch ain't talkin to me, so whatyathank, can you help me out with some advize?"

Now here is the sad part, some people will respond and then the post goes dead because the original poster either never comes back or posts a 1 line response like " yea thanks it's all good"

I understand some people don't want to invest any emotion into the posts, but if you take the time to respond to someone at least the those asking for help should be able to say "thanks it helped" or "thanks but you're full of shit", or "didn't help but I found out that I’m not pregnant so now I think I will become a clown afterall"………something to acknowledge the effort/information by someone trying to help you.

I love funny, sarcastic post and enjoy the quick wit but even that is going away.
Look in the Dream interpretation area-especially dreams about sex/lying/cheating- Post after post of "please interpret this for me", and there will be 7-15 views but no response/posts, do you know why? Because I and others for a while would go to the trouble of researching and posting a response and on each one we would end with " please let us know if this helps or makes sense and/or if you got anything out of this at all" After about the 12th one I did and the only response I got was "Yea your information was cool" WTF? :?

Even the Sex Section at one time was funny, informative and at the very least interesting has become 1 line responses of "oooh I would love to do you?" Screw that……………

So it looks the majority of posts are " hows the weather, what are you doing, what are you drinking" Great for those that enjoy that, I'm not one of those.

Like I said, I expect too much, it really is my fault and I take the blame………. :shock:
I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
George Carlin
User avatar
cap1015
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1721
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:07 am
Location: OKLA

Re: RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby St. Dymphna » Thu May 05, 2011 4:36 am

sleeps.com ?
mydreamvisions.com ?
dreamdoctor.com ?
asylumnation.com
alien-ufos.com
ilovephilosophy.com
whitenewsnow.com [joke]
beeg.com
dreamviews.com
darkdreams.info
User avatar
St. Dymphna
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1198
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:27 am
Location: Texas

Re: RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby Xwikki » Thu May 05, 2011 4:55 am

Haha, yes pages upon pages of a reply is often replied with half a line. I get rather annoyed with when new posters ask for advice and never reply to. >.< Spent all that time trying to help them and it's not even read. I don't really like the introduction thread, it's a good idea though people make like one post in there then you never hear from em again. Regular posters are slowly dwindling again. :/

Unfortunately I have a tendancy to skim read because I'm often doing other things at the time, and on occasion my sight goes down the drain. Sometimes I wont read something if it's stupidly long, often when it isn't paragraphed I don't even bother because it gives me a blurdy headache. Haha, it'll improve, it just goes through bouts of bleh posting. As I've said before, it's coming up for the Summer and people'll be doing other things I guess.
My head is tilted skyward,
eyes searching the night.
Forgive me, I'm a dreamer.
-Cay Lin.

"Pooh!" he whispered.
"Yes, Piglet?"
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you."
User avatar
Xwikki
Dream Moods Queen 2011 - Going Dark
Dream Moods Queen 2011 - Going Dark
 
Posts: 10973
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:12 pm
Location: England

Re: RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby cap1015 » Thu May 05, 2011 7:16 am

Thanks Xwikki, your reply makes me feel better! And I understand people have other things to do, so do them and don't post little tiny hit and run if you don't have the time to participate, just lurk.....

St. Dy, I understand and will look at the others, I find that once I get used to a place I like to stay, I'm not much on cruising outher forums and I dont' like having to learn the dynamics of a new place, but when you gotta go you gotta go.

thanks both for commenting...
I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
George Carlin
User avatar
cap1015
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1721
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:07 am
Location: OKLA

Re: RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby gargoylegoil » Thu May 05, 2011 8:04 am

Some people just suck Cap.
Image
User avatar
gargoylegoil
On The Wings Of A Dragonfly
On The Wings Of A Dragonfly
 
Posts: 15850
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:51 am
Location: United States

Re: RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby cap1015 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:44 am

gargoylegoil wrote:Some people just suck Cap.



LOL, yes .............BUT what I don't understand is what motivates them to come here in the first place, post a couple of times and poof. I understand lurking, but it takes effort to start a thread or post on here, so why do the effort at all if you are going to bolt or not respond?

Like I said it's me with the problem it seems...........thanks for reading/posting 8-)
I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
George Carlin
User avatar
cap1015
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1721
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:07 am
Location: OKLA

Re: RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby Cherubim » Thu May 05, 2011 9:44 am

cap1015 wrote:I must just expect too much or have a greater faith in people than most. But I'm at the point that I may exit Dreammoods again. I used to really enjoy this site, it had debate, humor, insight, flame wars, pictures, games, many areas of interest. But it is fading and fading fast.
Most posts are 1 line, if someone posts more than a paragraph, people don't read or they skim and post a 1 line response that may not be relevant because when they "scanned" the post they missed an important part. Of course I understand as many of the longer post have become something written as:

"ya SEE my Friend, She Uh got all up in my bizness, and yall know I can' t have THAT so I went and did sumptin stupid and now the bitch ain't talkin to me, so whatyathank, can you help me out with some advize?"

Now here is the sad part, some people will respond and then the post goes dead because the original poster either never comes back or posts a 1 line response like " yea thanks it's all good"

I understand some people don't want to invest any emotion into the posts, but if you take the time to respond to someone at least the those asking for help should be able to say "thanks it helped" or "thanks but you're full of shit", or "didn't help but I found out that I’m not pregnant so now I think I will become a clown afterall"………something to acknowledge the effort/information by someone trying to help you.

I love funny, sarcastic post and enjoy the quick wit but even that is going away.
Look in the Dream interpretation area-especially dreams about sex/lying/cheating- Post after post of "please interpret this for me", and there will be 7-15 views but no response/posts, do you know why? Because I and others for a while would go to the trouble of researching and posting a response and on each one we would end with " please let us know if this helps or makes sense and/or if you got anything out of this at all" After about the 12th one I did and the only response I got was "Yea your information was cool" WTF? :?

Even the Sex Section at one time was funny, informative and at the very least interesting has become 1 line responses of "oooh I would love to do you?" Screw that……………

So it looks the majority of posts are " hows the weather, what are you doing, what are you drinking" Great for those that enjoy that, I'm not one of those.

Like I said, I expect too much, it really is my fault and I take the blame………. :shock:

I have heard others complain about this, but you in all honesty put it best Cap1015.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the lord my soul to keep, if I should die before I wake, I pray the lord my soul to take.
User avatar
Cherubim
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:20 am
Location: out of bounds.

Re: RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby kerm1t » Thu May 05, 2011 1:13 pm

Write big paragraphs simply for the fun of it or to explore an idea for yourself. That way a one line answer dun't matter.

I'm still shocked that none of you have seen watership down. That's my beef right now
Flogging the bleached bones of a dead horse.
User avatar
kerm1t
Chasing Rainbows
Chasing Rainbows
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:31 pm
Location: “Someday we'll find it, that rainbow connection, the lovers the dreamers and me.”

Re: RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby RockPillow® » Thu May 05, 2011 1:50 pm

I usually read most of every thread I post in, but goddamn, I'm not wasting my time writing a paragraph each time somebody wants to cry about something.
Because I love people.
User avatar
RockPillow®
Wise Man, Sore Neck
Wise Man, Sore Neck
 
Posts: 2786
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:43 pm

Re: RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby gargoylegoil » Fri May 06, 2011 4:25 am

kerm1t wrote:Write big paragraphs simply for the fun of it or to explore an idea for yourself. That way a one line answer dun't matter.

I'm still shocked that none of you have seen watership down. That's my beef right now

I've seen it many many moons ago.....
Image
User avatar
gargoylegoil
On The Wings Of A Dragonfly
On The Wings Of A Dragonfly
 
Posts: 15850
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:51 am
Location: United States

Re: RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby itlom » Fri May 06, 2011 4:30 am

tis indeedly so. six years ago this place was amazing, the threads were like chatrooms really and there were pm's flying all over the place. there were a couple of peeps who used to poke the fire when it was going out, those people don't seem to have that much free time on their hands anymore. people were a lot closer too and i suppose that's what the "weather, what's for dinner, what's your favourite holiday" sorta threads are for, to get to know eachother better?

if you promote the connections between people there will be more readings of long winded paragraph posts! perhaps you should expect even more from yourself and try to be a firepoker, instead of walking out when things get tough?
it's pronounced molti.;)
User avatar
itlom
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:59 am
Location: 1514

Re: RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby cap1015 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:23 am

itlom wrote:if you promote the connections between people there will be more readings of long winded paragraph posts! perhaps you should expect even more from yourself and try to be a firepoker, instead of walking out when things get tough?



Point taken, thanks for the post and I will endeavor to "poke" more.
I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
George Carlin
User avatar
cap1015
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1721
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:07 am
Location: OKLA

Re: RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby Xwikki » Fri May 06, 2011 9:57 am

cap1015 wrote:Thanks Xwikki, your reply makes me feel better! And I understand people have other things to do, so do them and don't post little tiny hit and run if you don't have the time to participate, just lurk.....

Haha, I like lurking. I browse DM alot and don't necessarily post all the time. ^^
My head is tilted skyward,
eyes searching the night.
Forgive me, I'm a dreamer.
-Cay Lin.

"Pooh!" he whispered.
"Yes, Piglet?"
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you."
User avatar
Xwikki
Dream Moods Queen 2011 - Going Dark
Dream Moods Queen 2011 - Going Dark
 
Posts: 10973
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:12 pm
Location: England

Re: RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby St. Dymphna » Mon May 09, 2011 12:57 am

St. Dymphna wrote:sleeps.com ?
mydreamvisions.com ?
dreamdoctor.com ?
asylumnation.com
alien-ufos.com
ilovephilosophy.com
whitenewsnow.com [joke]
beeg.com
dreamviews.com
darkdreams.info

http://www.thevalve.org/go/valve/
http://sciencefiction.yuku.com/directory [science fiction forum]
http://www.gamesforum.com/ [Game/Politicsish forum]
http://www.africanhiphop.com/forum/inde ... 5bf6459cca [Poetry forum]
I know you don't like to lurk around too much cap, but other people in here do.
Last edited by St. Dymphna on Mon May 09, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
St. Dymphna
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior
 
Posts: 1198
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:27 am
Location: Texas

Re: RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby Nostalgic » Mon May 09, 2011 4:27 am

I agree. I don't have much time with baby to read much at the moment but I can be a reader who scans depending on the post.
itlom wrote:tis indeedly so. six years ago this place was amazing, the threads were like chatrooms really and there were pm's flying all over the place. there were a couple of peeps who used to poke the fire when it was going out, those people don't seem to have that much free time on their hands anymore. people were a lot closer too and i suppose that's what the "weather, what's for dinner, what's your favourite holiday" sorta threads are for, to get to know eachother better?

if you promote the connections between people there will be more readings of long winded paragraph posts! perhaps you should expect even more from yourself and try to be a firepoker, instead of walking out when things get tough?

I miss the closeness of the old DMs
People were more helpful and really listened to each other.
Nostalgic
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith
 
Posts: 8259
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:26 pm

Re: RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby Jeff_in_Time » Wed May 25, 2011 5:32 pm

To the OP what posters did you enjoy reading on here, I read two other threads where posters were complaining about favorite members no longer posting, why is no one emailing those posters to rejoin the site? IMO isn't that what someone should do?

I never saw any flaming or debating on here since I joined.
It always seemed dead to me.
User avatar
Jeff_in_Time
J'effing Cool
J'effing Cool
 
Posts: 2417
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:12 am

Re: RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby misha666 » Wed May 25, 2011 6:14 pm

gargoylegoil wrote:Some people just suck Cap.

:lol:
yes Cap i agree with Gg. and i also blame it on the weather and drugs. alot of people take antidepresents or som etype of medicine and makes them moody.
I know what u mean about the place being funny and i use to look forward to logging on and read all the post that made me laugh and sometimes made me mad but it was fun
and now it feels so blahhhh. hopefully it will get better soon. :hugs:
Live by the Sun☼Love by the Moon
User avatar
misha666
captivating heart
captivating heart
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:39 pm
Location: chicago

Re: RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby Nostalgic » Thu May 26, 2011 2:07 am

Jeff_in_Time wrote:To the OP what posters did you enjoy reading on here, I read two other threads where posters were complaining about favorite members no longer posting, why is no one emailing those posters to rejoin the site? IMO isn't that what someone should do?

I never saw any flaming or debating on here since I joined.
It always seemed dead to me.

I don't have their emails sadly.
Nostalgic
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith
 
Posts: 8259
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:26 pm

Re: RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby Jeff_in_Time » Thu May 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
Jeff_in_Time wrote:To the OP what posters did you enjoy reading on here, I read two other threads where posters were complaining about favorite members no longer posting, why is no one emailing those posters to rejoin the site? IMO isn't that what someone should do?

I never saw any flaming or debating on here since I joined.
It always seemed dead to me.

I don't have their emails sadly.


I mean the emailing system on the website. Most accounts have that available on here, not personal mail accounts like hotmail, gmail or yahoo.
User avatar
Jeff_in_Time
J'effing Cool
J'effing Cool
 
Posts: 2417
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:12 am

Re: RANT-I Must expect too much........

Postby Nostalgic » Fri May 27, 2011 9:04 am

The problem there is a lot of the old members never created a new account when webby created the new site.
They moved to dreamers online sharnie mustof closed that site as I can't find it anymore?
Nostalgic
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith
 
Posts: 8259
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:26 pm


Return to Rant And Rave

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Shared Bottom Border