Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Share off random thoughts for God-knows-what reason.

Got something on your mind? Get it off your chest! Talk about anything here...well almost anything.

Re: Share off random thoughts for God-knows-what reason.

Postby Chelsea Lynn » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:10 pm

Finished that Spanish project, weee. :) :cabbagepatch:
Chelsea Lynn
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby physco kid » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:48 pm

You're going through so much,But I know that I could be the one to hold you ~ Skillet-Yours to hold
Psychopathy, A carefree life. Insanity, An illusion that can't end ~Insanity English version
physco kid
Dreaming Day N Night
Dreaming Day N Night

Postby Satoru » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:15 pm

Still bored.
Bacardi 911. Sounds legit.
Satoru
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby starreborn » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:51 pm

at work today, we were given a note about a change to our life insurance policy, which had something to do with probate. part of it reads...

"if you become insured for group supplemental life insurance coverage and die while it is in effect...."

the date of this memo was in november, but i just love how they decided to wait till friday the 13th to give it to us. :lol:
we sense that life is a dark comedy and perhaps we can live with that. however, because the whole thing is written for the entertainment of the gods, too many of the jokes go right over our heads.
starreborn
the Star
the Star

Postby physco kid » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:11 pm

Hah! Took me forever :lol: Realized its friday the thirteenth
You're going through so much,But I know that I could be the one to hold you ~ Skillet-Yours to hold
Psychopathy, A carefree life. Insanity, An illusion that can't end ~Insanity English version
physco kid
Dreaming Day N Night
Dreaming Day N Night

Postby Periwinkle » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:58 pm

Next play: Bluebeard. Catharsis through writing, ho!
My very own store:

http://www.zazzle.com:80/thedizzyowl

Stop by and check out some of my sweet shirts, mugs, tote bags, etc, if you like.
Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby physco kid » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:14 pm

I still love my pic XD
physco kid
Dreaming Day N Night
Dreaming Day N Night

Postby YoshKatgirl » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:18 pm

physco kid wrote:Hah! Took me forever :lol: Realized its friday the thirteenth

Oh my God, Same XD I was completely oblivious to it being the day of bad luck until just a few minutes ago when one of the people I was talking to on Skype mentioned it :lol:
YoshKatgirl
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby physco kid » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:00 am

YoshKatgirl wrote:
physco kid wrote:Hah! Took me forever :lol: Realized its friday the thirteenth

Oh my God, Same XD I was completely oblivious to it being the day of bad luck until just a few minutes ago when one of the people I was talking to on Skype mentioned it :lol:

:rofl: At least nothing annoying happen to me then

Boo I want my sound and music back -__-.....
physco kid
Dreaming Day N Night
Dreaming Day N Night

Postby physco kid » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:32 am

I hate not being middle class anymore -_- I cant ever get my sound fixed.... I cant take my laptop in to a computer repair.... I hate being poor period. Not that I have something against poor people, they are stronger then me. DX
physco kid
Dreaming Day N Night
Dreaming Day N Night

Postby RockPillow® » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:33 pm

Psycho Kid, a thread needs to be made for you to cry in. I'm sick of seeing your complaining pollute the entire forum. I'd foe you, but I'm not the one for having foes.
Because I love people.
RockPillow®
Wise Man, Sore Neck
Wise Man, Sore Neck

Postby RockPillow® » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:38 pm

Periwinkle wrote:Next play: Bluebeard. Catharsis through writing, ho!

Writing a new one already?
Because I love people.
RockPillow®
Wise Man, Sore Neck
Wise Man, Sore Neck

Postby Periwinkle » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:45 pm

Sort of. It's still in the very, very beginning stage; I haven't even compiled a list of characters yet, aside from the title character and his wife.

I sent my Little Red play to a couple of professors for constructive criticism. I knew they'd all be busy and that it would take a while for them to get back to me, but I know they didn't forget me. I can't wait to hear from them. Until then, though, I still have all this nervous energy I need to get out of my system. Bluebeard struck a chord with me the first time reading it, but there were a lot of questions in the story that went unanswered. For example, why does Bluebeard have blue facial hair? Why did Bluebeard have to kill his first wife? How did he get the magical room? Where are all the servants when Bluebeard tries to kill his newest wife? So many and I want to answer them. Also, I have my Finale program now, but I haven't quite mastered it yet. I'm hoping, if I ever do figure it out, I'll add music to it. I really like Henry Purcell's music, so I think I'd want to write the music in his style. Sample? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-WyxbwU82A

Once my other play is looked over, I'll have to focus my attention on the next step of revising it. But, oh my God, have I missed writing since I finished my first play.
Last edited by Periwinkle on Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My very own store:

Stop by and check out some of my sweet shirts, mugs, tote bags, etc, if you like.
Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby YoshKatgirl » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Good luck with your play Periwinkle :)

The movie contraband was pretty awesome. I was euphoric as I watched 2 of my favorite male celebs act in the film :D
YoshKatgirl
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby RockPillow® » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:10 pm

Periwinkle wrote:Sort of. It's still in the very, very beginning stage; I haven't even compiled a list of characters yet, aside from the title character and his wife.

I sent my Little Red play to a couple of professors for constructive criticism. I knew they'd all be busy and that it would take a while for them to get back to me, but I know they didn't forget me. I can't wait to hear from them. Until then, though, I still have all this nervous energy I need to get out of my system. Bluebeard struck a chord with me the first time reading it, but there were a lot of questions in the story that went unanswered. For example, why does Bluebeard have blue facial hair? Why did Bluebeard have to kill his first wife? How did he get the magical room? Where are all the servants when Bluebeard tries to kill his newest wife? So many and I want to answer them. Also, I have my Finale program now, but I haven't quite mastered it yet. I'm hoping, if I ever do figure it out, I'll add music to it. I really like Henry Purcell's music, so I think I'd want to write the music in his style. Sample? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-WyxbwU82A

Once my other play is looked over, I'll have to focus my attention on the next step of revising it. But, oh my God, have I missed writing since I finished my first play.

You really seem to have a knack for wanting to answer things (as I remember our conversation about The Screaming Skull), and I think that quality will show up in your writing and offer something new and refreshing for a contemporary audience. I haven't read Bluebeard, but I love folktales, so I might put it on my list to of things to read. It sounds really interesting because of the odd perks given to the titular character. Plus, I've only read a few of Perrault's fairy tales, so I want to read something else of his. As for the music, I'm sure you'll figure something out. The piece by Purcell that you provided as a sample sounds very soft and communicates emotion honestly.

Have you read Rikki Ducornet? I think her collection of short stories, "The Word 'Desire'" would be right up your alley. She blends elements of postmodernism, fable, and fairy tale into these inventive little stories that ask very large and serious questions. She might not be doing what you're wanting to do with your own work, but I think you'd enjoy the read.

Also, my teacher told me "you have my congratulations and my condolences" when she read the first chapter of my novel. She said that when you finish and publish a novel, or any large piece of work for that matter, you will probably fall into depression because of all the things you wish you had done with it. Kind of feels like I'm being warned about a doomed relationship. :lol:
Because I love people.
RockPillow®
Wise Man, Sore Neck
Wise Man, Sore Neck

Postby Periwinkle » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:36 am

YoshKatgirl wrote:Good luck with your play Periwinkle :)

Thank you! Much obliged. :)

RockPillow® wrote:You really seem to have a knack for wanting to answer things (as I remember our conversation about The Screaming Skull), and I think that quality will show up in your writing and offer something new and refreshing for a contemporary audience. I haven't read Bluebeard, but I love folktales, so I might put it on my list to of things to read. It sounds really interesting because of the odd perks given to the titular character. Plus, I've only read a few of Perrault's fairy tales, so I want to read something else of his. As for the music, I'm sure you'll figure something out. The piece by Purcell that you provided as a sample sounds very soft and communicates emotion honestly.

Have you read Rikki Ducornet? I think her collection of short stories, "The Word 'Desire'" would be right up your alley. She blends elements of postmodernism, fable, and fairy tale into these inventive little stories that ask very large and serious questions. She might not be doing what you're wanting to do with your own work, but I think you'd enjoy the read.

Also, my teacher told me "you have my congratulations and my condolences" when she read the first chapter of my novel. She said that when you finish and publish a novel, or any large piece of work for that matter, you will probably fall into depression because of all the things you wish you had done with it. Kind of feels like I'm being warned about a doomed relationship. :lol:

Bluebeard's a good read. It's on Wiki or, if you like, there's this animated series called Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics and their Bluebeard episode is posted on youtube. I haven't heard of Rikki Ducornet, but she sounds really interesting. Right now, I'm juggling with Cujo and Reviving Ophelia, but I'm almost done with Cujo so I could probably look into ordering The Word 'Desire' pretty soon.

I can agree with your teacher, even if I am a novice writer. Even before I turned my play in to my professors, I kept reading it over and over again, finding new things wrong or out-of-character. I'm sure I'll find even more errors once I get it back. Thankfully, even the best of the writers have this problem. For instance, I wanted to learn some trivia about Cujo and, in my search, I learned that Stephen King virtually hates all his past works except for The Dead Zone. That's a lot of writing to be unhappy about. I promised myself, if I ever thought of giving up on my play because the writing isn't good enough, that I'd just remember Stephen King and how much I love his works.
My very own store:

Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby YoshKatgirl » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:41 am

You're welcome :D

Gaaah, can't get warm today! :chatter:
YoshKatgirl
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby KRSTYSTLCLR » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:55 am

What happened to DM last night?
KRSTYSTLCLR
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Dorn » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:01 am

KRSTYSTLCLR wrote:What happened to DM last night?
It crashed and was down for over 16 hours.
DICHTEN = CONDENSARE
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby KRSTYSTLCLR » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:09 am

Ohh, thanks Dorn.
KRSTYSTLCLR
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby physco kid » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:11 am

Dorn wrote:
KRSTYSTLCLR wrote:What happened to DM last night?
It crashed and was down for over 16 hours.

That explains why I couldn't get on!!! Thanks Dorn ^_^
physco kid
Dreaming Day N Night
Dreaming Day N Night

Postby physco kid » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:15 pm

Oh god. XD I really need to stop reading these stories I find XD
physco kid
Dreaming Day N Night
Dreaming Day N Night

Postby Periwinkle » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:26 pm

Another door opens. Thank God.
My very own store:

Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby YoshKatgirl » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:30 pm

No wonder why I couldn't access the site last night. Glad it's working now :D Im feeling motivated so Imma post some of my dreams in the General Dream Discussion forum 8D
YoshKatgirl
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby JeremyM » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:28 pm

What is with these jealous bitches on the internet and people who claim they want to get to know people and when an attractive person, who is prettier than them and clearly weighs less, lolz, replies Miss Piggies take a powder.

[ring ring- got your number]
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson
JeremyM
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby physco kid » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:55 pm

My stomach is cramping. DX I guess I am hungry? I feel hot too. I feel like I am going to gag. X| I bet its just my mind screwing 'round with me X[
physco kid
Dreaming Day N Night
Dreaming Day N Night

Postby Satoru » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:31 am

DARN! Loved this dream..might post about it later, actually...
Bacardi 911. Sounds legit.
Satoru
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby physco kid » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:20 am

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! SNOW DAY!!!!!!! WAHOOOO!!!!!!!! Sucks though since I got to take a nap in an hour... D': Boo hiss jeer naps suck!!! DX
I hope I dont have that corpse dream again DX
physco kid
Dreaming Day N Night
Dreaming Day N Night

Postby RockPillow® » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Periwinkle wrote:
YoshKatgirl wrote:Good luck with your play Periwinkle :)

Thank you! Much obliged. :)

RockPillow® wrote:You really seem to have a knack for wanting to answer things (as I remember our conversation about The Screaming Skull), and I think that quality will show up in your writing and offer something new and refreshing for a contemporary audience. I haven't read Bluebeard, but I love folktales, so I might put it on my list to of things to read. It sounds really interesting because of the odd perks given to the titular character. Plus, I've only read a few of Perrault's fairy tales, so I want to read something else of his. As for the music, I'm sure you'll figure something out. The piece by Purcell that you provided as a sample sounds very soft and communicates emotion honestly.

Bluebeard's a good read. It's on Wiki or, if you like, there's this animated series called Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics and their Bluebeard episode is posted on youtube. I haven't heard of Rikki Ducornet, but she sounds really interesting. Right now, I'm juggling with Cujo and Reviving Ophelia, but I'm almost done with Cujo so I could probably look into ordering The Word 'Desire' pretty soon.

I can agree with your teacher, even if I am a novice writer. Even before I turned my play in to my professors, I kept reading it over and over again, finding new things wrong or out-of-character. I'm sure I'll find even more errors once I get it back. Thankfully, even the best of the writers have this problem. For instance, I wanted to learn some trivia about Cujo and, in my search, I learned that Stephen King virtually hates all his past works except for The Dead Zone. That's a lot of writing to be unhappy about. I promised myself, if I ever thought of giving up on my play because the writing isn't good enough, that I'd just remember Stephen King and how much I love his works.

I've only read a few of the Grimm's Fairy Tales. I wish I had all of them in my personal collection. I might watch that animated series once I finish reading their tales. And lol, I bet Stephen King writes so many novels because he falls into that depression again and again and his way of escaping it is to write another novel. Probably just an assumption though. Have you read King's "On Writing?" I heard it's really good and plan on reading it myself at one point. Anyways, I'm going to read The Insect Play tonight and see if I can get around to reading Bluebeard.
Because I love people.
RockPillow®
Wise Man, Sore Neck
Wise Man, Sore Neck

Postby Xero. » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:57 pm

I am getting pretty happy with my basic ability to produce art. I really hope I can continue to improve.
Xero.
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Periwinkle » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:53 pm

RockPillow® wrote:I've only read a few of the Grimm's Fairy Tales. I wish I had all of them in my personal collection. I might watch that animated series once I finish reading their tales. And lol, I bet Stephen King writes so many novels because he falls into that depression again and again and his way of escaping it is to write another novel. Probably just an assumption though. Have you read King's "On Writing?" I heard it's really good and plan on reading it myself at one point. Anyways, I'm going to read The Insect Play tonight and see if I can get around to reading Bluebeard.

I hope that's not the case. Poor guy looks like he's been through a lot, though, so it's plausible. I haven't read "On Writing," yet, but it looks like a good read. Now that I think about it, I do want to check it out. Good luck on The Insect Play. I hope it's so good the time just... flies?

My very own store:

Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby Periwinkle » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:53 pm

Also, only at this point do I stop and think about just how unintentionally creepy the Snuggle bear is.
My very own store:

Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby RockPillow® » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:17 pm

Periwinkle wrote: Good luck on The Insect Play. I hope it's so good the time just... flies?

...aaaah.

Time did fly while reading that. It was a very interesting play and I'm shocked that not many people know about it. I mean, who doesn't want to get in a butterfly costume, a beetle costume, or even a parasite costume? Or play the role of a wasteful larvae? Anyways, I'm very tired and will read Bluebeard tomorrow after school. My eyes are burnt out.
Because I love people.
RockPillow®
Wise Man, Sore Neck
Wise Man, Sore Neck

Postby Periwinkle » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:33 am

My dog's covered in mud. So much for lunch.
My very own store:

Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby cap1015 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:43 am

Periwinkle wrote:My dog's covered in mud. So much for lunch.

Why? does the mud ruin the flavor of your dog or is it just harder to cook him? :lol:
I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
George Carlin
cap1015
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Periwinkle » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:06 am

cap1015 wrote:Why? does the mud ruin the flavor of your dog or is it just harder to cook him? :lol:

You're too much. :lol:

It's just that, since my dog is covered in mud, she has to stay in the kitchen until she can get a bath. Dad needs the bathroom before he goes to work, so it'll be a while. She's also very needy. She likes to jump on people and, if she thinks someone's not paying attention to her, she'll start pawing at the person. So getting lunch just doesn't seem like a good idea right now.
Last edited by Periwinkle on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My very own store:

Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby physco kid » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:06 pm

Gack... I am SO itchy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DX
I like how my story is coming so far though ^_^
physco kid
Dreaming Day N Night
Dreaming Day N Night

Postby Xero. » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:08 pm

Woke up early for no apparent reason.
Xero.
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Seale » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:10 am

I can't wait to go to Austria and Croatia again. :D
I have fallen in love with the sky.
Seale
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Xero. » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:36 am

om nom nom pistachios.
Xero.
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby KRSTYSTLCLR » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:04 pm

Is American Idiot ummm Idol on tonight?
KRSTYSTLCLR
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Bubbydoll » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:09 pm

When did that come back on, Krsty? I have no idea, I prefer the Sing off, and The Voice. AI sucks since Simon left :P JLo is nice a good addition though.
"There's no time for us
There's no place for us
What is this thing that builds our dreams
Yet slips away from us"
Bubbydoll
Bubby-Licious!
Bubby-Licious!

Postby KRSTYSTLCLR » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:16 pm

I think it started last night Bubby, but they always have a weird schedule during the auditions. I like Steven Tyler. He say's the funniest things! JLo is nice too.
KRSTYSTLCLR
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Xero. » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:20 pm

to sleep or to not. hmm.
nah.
Xero.
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Bubbydoll » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:28 pm

KRSTYSTLCLR wrote:I think it started last night Bubby, but they always have a weird schedule during the auditions. I like Steven Tyler. He say's the funniest things! JLo is nice too.

He likes the young girls too and not afraid to show it, which is good for laughs too. I never liked Randy, he never gave much in the form of real advice to the contestants and I can only hear Dawg so many times. Ha ha. I might check it out if I have free time tonight.
"There's no time for us
There's no place for us
What is this thing that builds our dreams
Yet slips away from us"
Bubbydoll
Bubby-Licious!
Bubby-Licious!

Postby physco kid » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:39 pm

Crap!!! dang it this game looked easy.... It is harder then it looks.... Do I even bother posting a link. Nah... This game is messed up but FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
physco kid
Dreaming Day N Night
Dreaming Day N Night

Postby KRSTYSTLCLR » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Who has ever heard of Fast Enterprise (Crawler) ?
KRSTYSTLCLR
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby KRSTYSTLCLR » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:13 pm

UUUHHHHGGG. Too much Spaghetti. :(
KRSTYSTLCLR
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby physco kid » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Ermph. I dont want to move or get off the computer. :lol:
I wish I had my sound back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
physco kid
Dreaming Day N Night
Dreaming Day N Night

Postby Xero. » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:42 am

Xero.
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to Rant And Rave