Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Get to know posters game...

Got something on your mind? Get it off your chest! Talk about anything here...well almost anything.

Re: Get to know posters game...

Postby MissWong » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:47 am

You didn't ask a question, Nostalgic?

Guess I have to grab it off the poster above you then. Only my patience. That one could use some work.

Do you let your pets sleep in your bed with you?
" I tried to cook something from scratch... and ended up summoning a demon"
MissWong
Ting-Ting
Ting-Ting

Postby Nostalgic » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 am

MissWong wrote:You didn't ask a question, Nostalgic?

Guess I have to grab it off the poster above you then. Only my patience. That one could use some work.

Do you let your pets sleep in your bed with you?

Don’t have pets but my dog when I was a teenager was allowed to sleep on my bed.

Wha5 was the most interesting thing you did today
I’m back
Nostalgic
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith

Postby Darknesswithin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:10 pm

Bought a new camera about two weeks ago and decided to test it out today. The weather was very spring like so it was good timing for that.

What color do you feel represents your persona the most? Doesn't necessarily have to be your favorite color.
Darknesswithin
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby cannydreams » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:56 am

^That is an interesting question, Darknesswithin.. I think I am a more of a pale yellow and maybe a silver.

Have you ever had a paranormal experience?
" Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there."
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Amalthea » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:33 pm

I had one once in my grandparents old home on the top floor near the attic. I heard noises in an unused bedroom they had and went in the room, it was directly below the attic and heard thumps coming from above where I stood and then what looked like dust or debris fell from the ceiling down onto myself and when I went to dust it off me out of the corner of my eye I swear I saw a figure standing watching me. I got scared since only I was actually inside that room and I left closed the bedroom door and went outside.

I will ask this question again because I would love to read other's paranormal experiences too.
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby cannydreams » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:25 am

That is creepy, Amalthea. Did you see an actual face or just a blurry white shrouded figure?

I have had poltergeist style experiences. Just last week a cd flew out of a rack for no reason onto the floor in front of a big window and there was no way or reason for that to dislodge from its place at all. The Cd had a few songs on it that made me think my dad's spirit did it.

If you could spend one hour a day doing something that makes you happy what would you spend it doing?
" Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there."
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Nostalgic » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:16 am

Pole!

What’s your favorite sport
I’m back
Nostalgic
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith

Postby raymond1234 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:15 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Pole!

What’s your favorite sport

I don't watch sports regularly. But i get excited over the Olympics.

I practice yoga daily. I have been doing it for about 15, 16 months and I have noticed that I have become more limber and a bit stronger.

But.....is yoga a sport?

----

^
I saw a ghost once. I was in a hotel room and I woke up from a dead sleep about 3AM......just like in the movies.....lol

I looked up and I saw a transparent figure walk past me. He was about 25-30 'years' old and he looked like he worked out in the gym.
He was well toned.
He went from the front of the hotel room / door to the rear where the kitchenette was found. He looked pissed off and he was not walking as much as 'bounding' or walking in a hurry.

I wonder what he was doing when he went back there. I wonder if he was retrieving something he lost or if he committed a crime in the rear of the room.

I lost sight of him when he moved to the rear and 3 seconds late he returned from the left and walked to the right and exited the room.

I did not see if he 'went through the wall or door'. For some reason I did not follow him with my eyes.

My heart started beating fast when I saw him....my first impression was.........'that's a ghost, I always wanted to see a ghost '.
Then I thought..that's a big dude....
He appeared to be about 6 feet tall but I never saw his feet. I only recall seeing his waist and above.

It was over as fast as it started.

I wonder how many ghosts exist in hotels ? I bet there are a lot from the many people that come and go in them every day.
Lots of energy.

-----

Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?
I like either, but I prefer the beach. I love the smell of the salt air and hearing the surf.
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Darknesswithin » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:09 pm

The beach. I'm much more familiar with that atmosphere.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
Darknesswithin
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Clementine » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:53 am

Maybe Finland, or Denmark. When younger I always wanted to live in Hawaii.

Do you believe in karma and if someone does harm & slips through the cracks the universe will eventually hit them up?
Clementine
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby cannydreams » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:06 pm

Yes. I've seen it happen time and again.

Same question that Clementine asked.
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby starreborn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:49 pm

Kinda...it is nice to see when someone gets what they deserve, but it doesn't always work out that way.

School teachers can teach us more than just academic lessons. Sometimes they offer some very good advice on life in general. What is one important life lesson/piece of advice you received when you were young that has stuck with you?
we sense that life is a dark comedy and perhaps we can live with that. however, because the whole thing is written for the entertainment of the gods, too many of the jokes go right over our heads.
starreborn
the Star
the Star

Postby dreamyskies » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:07 pm

You know someone is your friend because they respect you, they don't hurt or lie about you. That one stands out in discussing friends with a teacher.

Music or Movies. Which would you be able to do without forever?
dreamyskies
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby tropicalheatwave » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:03 pm

Both can be either inspiring or distracting. I'll do without movies. I enjoy my old school music.

What makes one thing real while another thing false? :cheesy:
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!

Postby cannydreams » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:33 pm

Your perception?

Have you ever almost drowned and if so care to tell the story of how?
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Amalthea » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:45 pm

Yes, in a family friends pool as a child. Made me scared of water for a long time after.

What food won't you eat and why?
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Dorn » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:33 am

Amalthea wrote:What food won't you eat and why?
I am a vegan, which means I don't eat meat, dairy, or any kind of animal products, including honey. I initially stopped eating meat out of disgust, five years ago, after having been served partially raw chicken. The disgust then grew to include animal products in any form. Eventually, however, perhaps as a side effect of a plant-based diet, the politics of climate change and animal rights became ingrained aspects of my overall approach to life.

Which is your favorite historical epoch?
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Amalthea » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:11 am

Antiquity and The Age of Enlightenment. Oh and is it called Greek Dark Ages or something else, that too.

What was your favorite book as a child, and now as an adult?
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby cannydreams » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:59 am

That is a difficult one, Amalthea. I liked Peter Rabbit, Alice in Wonderland and Black Beauty stories because that was what I was read by mum but as an adult, I read the book Room before seeing the movie and I liked it, also liked To Kill a Mockingbird ( classic novel)

I read this question before and liked it so I'll ask it here..

If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Amalthea » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:46 am

My reply didn't post and wasn't saved :(

I would travel more to places I dream of seeing, live a no regrets life and marry earlier and have a baby earlier.

On a scale of 1 - 10 how annoying is forum spam to you?
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby operatormike » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:53 am

Okay, then. Lot's of dramatic chatter since I dropped in last.

One thing that I know for sure, Felix is my cat. If anyone else has that name, I don't know him.

Also, my grandmother told me that her mother (whom I never met) wanted all her grandchildren and great grand children to remember this: "Never judge another person by where they are from."

cannydreams wrote:If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

Well, first of all I would have died over 22 years ago, but looking back, I probably would not have done a lot differently. I have mostly tried to live my life in the moment and conscious of God and others. By forty, all of our children were born. We had a nice house. Would have liked to live longer to enjoy the grandchildren, but that would not be in the cards if you only get 40 years.

Not a bad question. anyone else care to answer Canny Dreams question?

P.S. Amalthea, you and I were online at the same time. I did not see your post til after my post so:
On a scale of 1 - 10 how annoying is forum spam to you?

Gonna go with 4. Not all that annoying. I tend to ignore it. Report it and ignore it, that is.

Peace
Who looks outside, dreams;
So keep on playing those mind games together
Doing the ritual dance in the sun
Millions of mind guerrillas
Putting their soul power to the karmic wheel
---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby dreamyskies » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:31 am

On canny's question I think I would not go to further my education and I would live free-er and travel the world, camping, hiking, staying in hostels if I had to just to enrich my cultural experiences more and feel more fulfilled than I do right now and I also would waste my time on dating people I knew were wrong for me. Maybe start my own business.

Is there a profession you never wanted to do?
dreamyskies
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby operatormike » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:27 am

So, Dreamy...you meant to say NOT waste your time dating people that you know are wrong for you, right?

Back when I was dating (I have now been married for over 41 years!), I figured out that I would know if someone was right after about 2 weeks. At that point, if she didn't give me the boot, I would break it off.

I knew that I wanted to marry my wife within that two weeks, but I waited four months before I asked her.

Dorn, you had asked:
Dorn wrote:
operatormike wrote:(Dorn, that is my winter breakfast almost exactly. Now it's just Cheerios and almond milk.)
Alright. That breakfast requires some preparation, but it's definitely worth it. How come you've switched to almond milk, by the way, doctor's recommendations?
No, my wife and I have always been health conscious. We used to drink skim milk. When I saw almond milk in the grocery store, I read the ingredients and nutritional info and thought it might be better. Recently, we talked to a nutritionist by doctors orders. She suggested smoothies or shakes for meal substitutes (for weight loss). Interestingly enough, when I brought up almond milk, she indicated that lactose filtered cows milk would be better! It has more protein, which fills you need and makes you feel full longer.

So
dreamyskies wrote:Is there a profession you never wanted to do?
I never really imagined being a wastewater plant operator when I was dreaming of professions, but that is now my forte. It was sort of a series of circumstances. Now, I am very happy that I do it. We are keeping the water supply of the world clean. More and more technologies are improving the water environment as we go forward.
Ok, more to the point, I never really wanted to be a doctor. I had told my Mom that I wanted to do something in the medical field, so she told me that I should be a doctor. She signed me up for pre-med at college. My heart was not in it. During college, I was drawing a lot. I even got a job drawing the graphics for a Biology professor's journal that he published. That was so satisfying that I told my mother I wanted to change my major. She just yelled at me. If I had cut the apron strings at that time, I think that I would have been very happy illustrating medical journals, books and such publications. My high school counselor had administered a test that indicated that I should be an editor of a magazine or newspaper. I might have been able to progress to that. Shoulda coulda woulda...didn't. So here I am. Basically, I am happy.

What would make your life better?
---John Lennon
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby tropicalheatwave » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:39 am

operatormike wrote:What would make your life better?

30 hrs in a day instead of just 24.

What song best describes your personality?
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!

Postby Dorn » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:37 am

operatormike wrote:No, my wife and I have always been health conscious. We used to drink skim milk. When I saw almond milk in the grocery store, I read the ingredients and nutritional info and thought it might be better. Recently, we talked to a nutritionist by doctors orders. She suggested smoothies or shakes for meal substitutes (for weight loss). Interestingly enough, when I brought up almond milk, she indicated that lactose filtered cows milk would be better! It has more protein, which fills you need and makes you feel full longer.
That piece of "advice" is mind-boggling; your nutritionist is a fraud. It isn't uncommon that the nutrition data is stoked by the industry itself, meticulously sorting out new and independent information. This more or less reduces the token nutritionist to that of a market shill pushing fads. What should be beyond doubt, though, is that milk is a damaging and unfortunate remnant from a long-lost world of resource scarcity.

Moreover, people suffering from obesity, especially later in life, should abandon meat, particularly red meat, as well as dairy of any kind. Milk is generated to feed baby cattle, to have them gain several pounds per day. Recommending that for an older person with slow metabolism is borderline cruel. In your shoes, I'd find a dunce hat for that idiot nutritionist and fire her.

tropicalheatwave wrote:What song best describes your personality?
I'd say this is fairly accurate.

Same question.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby operatormike » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:40 am

Rock n roll dreams come through

Meat loaf's version!

Nice question trop. Let's keep it going:

Dorn wrote:Same question.
---John Lennon
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby tropicalheatwave » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:33 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UbFuW7tpS4

What was the biggest lie you ever told?
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!

Postby cannydreams » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:30 am

That I was okay when I clearly wasn't and perhaps that I didn't love someone when I actually did love them :(

When all else fails what continues to bring you a small semblance of happiness?
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Amalthea » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:30 am

My friends and family. They always have my back and feel want the best for me.

if you could skip work for the day what would you do instead for those work hours?
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby operatormike » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:57 am

I did for the last three days. Lots of stuff, but yesterday, when it was all done, my wife and I set on the porch and drank tea for a long time. I made a pot and we just soaked in the beautiful day and the tea.

What can you not do that you wish you could?
---John Lennon
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby MissWong » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:54 am

ATM, drink the amount of alcohol I want to drink, in several months I can but for now, is not a possibility.

Can you recall the first movie you ever saw as a kid?
MissWong
Ting-Ting
Ting-Ting

Postby Amalthea » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:13 am

It may have been one of the Disney movies at home on videotape or played on television. Might have been The Little Mermaid.

Are you good with computers and if you are how good, can you build your own, repair it yourself without taking it into a computer shop?
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby cannydreams » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:06 am

I'm the opposite of good with computers. If I have an issue a friend or a shop repair it for me. If I see a blue screen or cannot get my computer back on a panic, cannot fix it myself I wish I could to be honest because it would save me several hundred a year.

Have you ever dreamed of having a dream?
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby tropicalheatwave » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:18 am

Yes. Like you dream you've woke up only to be in a dream. Then you wake up from that dream only to be in another dream. Only to finally wake up for real.

Have you ever had one of those dreams that made you feel a deep sense of gratitude towards your waking life?
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!

Postby cannydreams » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:52 am

Wow, no one else outside of us has been on here posting in this thread, must be because of hot summers happening now.

Yes, I have those all the time, such horrific nightmarish dreams that when I wake up I thank the lord it was only a dream and pray that when I fall back into my sleep I don't enter that dream world again, because it upset me so much. Sometimes I will cry in my dreams and wake up crying too.

Do you compete with your siblings?
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby starreborn » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:46 pm

cannydreams wrote:Yes, I have those all the time, such horrific nightmarish dreams

I have those dreams too, and yes, it's always a relief to wake from them!

To answer your question, not really.

What is the saddest song you've ever listened to?
we sense that life is a dark comedy and perhaps we can live with that. however, because the whole thing is written for the entertainment of the gods, too many of the jokes go right over our heads.
starreborn
the Star
the Star

Postby Amalthea » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:22 am

So many I had to really think about it, I would say Bring him home from Les Miserables, I also like Time to say goodbye by Sarah Brightman.

What is your favorite type of cookie and do you prefer to eat cookies with milk, tea or coffee?
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby MissWong » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:18 am

I like ginger, or almond cookies and with a cup of tea, I prefer donuts with my coffee.

What was your biggest fear as a child? Have you overcome it as an adult?
MissWong
Ting-Ting
Ting-Ting

Postby Amalthea » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:14 am

I never liked dark small rooms, possibility of drowning ( which almost happened) and I do not think I have overcome either. I was also afraid of large black birds, and I still are wary of them to this day.

Same question to the following poster in this thread.
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby cannydreams » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:34 am

Carnival rides, rollercoaster and spinning rides. No, still dislike them. So many malfunction and kill people.

What was the last resturant meal you ate?
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby operatormike » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:30 am

I had a big burger with shaved prime rib on top. There were both grilled onions and breaded and fried onions on it. All of this was topped off with a bourbon barbecue sauce. Believe it or not, I have been eating healthier these days. This was an excursion from that. But, I did not eat the enormous top of the bun. Instead I used knife and fork. Also I had a side salad with it, not fries.

What is your favorite drink when its time to kick back and relax?
---John Lennon
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby Amalthea » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:28 am

A nice white wine always :)

What was your favorite place to visit as a child?
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby operatormike » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:58 am

Idora Park in Youngstown, OhioImage
It was a wonderful amusement park. This post card picture is a view of "Kiddie Land" within the park. There were also all sorts of adult rides, like two roller coasters, a merry-go-round, flying rockets that spun in a circle. There was a fun house, an arcade with all sorts of games and a ball room where they would have dances.

Sadly, it is gone now.

Same question:
Amalthea wrote:What was your favorite place to visit as a child?
---John Lennon
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby cannydreams » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:11 am

That little train picture looks so relaxing. I like theme parks big or small. We would go to the Highlands and I loved it. Type in Scottish Highlands to see pictures, people would know about it from the Loch Ness myth, I would think.

Do you think it is ever possible to forgive someone who hurt you? Or do you carry that hurt with you always?
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby dreamyskies » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:51 am

When you get older I think forgiveness is easier than when you are in your teens or twenties. I am still holding anger for an ex and its been a year.

If you were to make a healthy drink smoothie what ingredients would you put in it?
dreamyskies
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby operatormike » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:52 am

The Scottish Highlands are beautiful.
Yes, it is possible to forgive. You need to in order to heal.

So, a healthy smoothie, funny you should ask. My wife and I just went to a nutritionist. We told her that we would drink smoothies as a snack. She asked the ingredients. It was something like a cup of almond milk, one yogurt, a cup of blueberries, a cup of strawberries, a banana and a slice of lime or lemon. She said, Whoa! you should only have one serving of fruit. She also said that almond milk, although lower in calories and fat free, does not have the protein that you need.

So here is her recipe for a healthy smoothie: A cup of Fairlife fat free milk (it is lactose free), one yogurt (she was happy with our choice "Oikos® Triple Zero - Greek Nonfat Yogurt", the triple zero is no fat, no sugar and no artificial sweeteners) It has stevia leaf, but no chemical sweeteners. Then we get frozen mixed berries. That's it. My wife has this as her breakfast every day. She says she is never hungry before lunch and she is losing a lot of weight.

What do you see when you go outside where you live?
---John Lennon
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby BLUE » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:56 pm

Daytime shows Bears, hawks, fox and so on... lots of trees, flowers. My garden and laundry blowing on the line. Blue skies. At night, all I see are stars.

What do you heard when you go outside?
"I saw an angel in the marble and carved until I set him free" -Michelangelo
BLUE
Beloved Beauty
Beloved Beauty

Postby operatormike » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:49 am

I hear birds, mostly. Hawks, blue jays, robins, cardinals, chick-a-dees, goldfinch, sparrows, lots of birds. There are the trucks and cars on the turnpike in the distance. At night sometimes the frogs sort of chirp. Then there are crickets and katydids. But mostly, I hear birds. Even at night, there are owls. There were a couple of hawks in my dead tree in the spring, but we had a bon fire and my family over and they decided it was not such a comfortable place, I guess.

Update on Idora Park: The last thing that I said was, "Sadly, it is gone now." Well, my sister sent pictures of her and her granddaughter on a big beautiful carousel. IT WAS THE CAROUSEL FROM IDORA PARK!!! :excited: Someone bought it and moved it to Brooklyn, New York. It is in Brooklyn Bridge Park! Yay!!! Part of Idora Park lives on. In fact, our Grandma used to take us on it. Now my sister is taking her grandchild. Life is good.

What do you smell when you go outside?
---John Lennon
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby dreamyskies » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:11 am

Nice cool crisp air, smells like Halloween most nights :) I no longer smell florals of flowers which is sad, sometimes I smell others mowed lawns and cooking out smells.

What do you do that is special to you on weekends off?
dreamyskies
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby operatormike » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:28 am

Go out with my wife. We usually have some shopping to do, but it is always nice to go to a restaurant an have a meal.

Same question:
dreamyskies wrote:What do you do that is special to you on weekends off?
---John Lennon
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Rant And Rave