Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

POST YOUR PETS!

Got something on your mind? Get it off your chest! Talk about anything here...well almost anything.

Re: POST YOUR PETS!

Postby Sigrid » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:24 pm

starreborn wrote:for the sake of the dog AND the family, i agree with everyone else here that that the bulldog in jiru's home should be re-homed. however, let's not forget that the decision to get the dog in the first place ultimately was not hers. the decision was that of her parents, and it was clearly a foolish one. all too often when there is a family member who is not 100% committed and onboard with the decision of adding a pet, you end up with lots of instability, conflict, and feelings of resentment, which is clearly visible here. that is not fair to anybody.

Well you did mention that a family member wasn't 100% agreeing into buying a dog and you make it sound like it was my fault for not voicing out my opinions because I didn't agree 100%. But if you wanted a legit answer then say it in a manner which I percieve as "kind"

Sauron wrote:I'm considering getting a Husky.

That's nice Sauron but I heard that you should have long fences 'cause they are a good jumper and since they are somewhat a wolf, it may be hard to get them under control. I do like doberman 'cause they look loyal and a nice guard dog but the last doberman I have was rather... playful and seem to search for a mate.... Lord, why do I always end up having active dogs in my house....

And no puppyjill, that dog will never be my "BFF" because:

-She's too hyper and I am a silent and serious (sarcastic too) person on the outside world. I would prefer cats but my mom prefers male cats so they wont give birth and no hair everywhere and my dad hates cats

-Her "innocent" act doesn't help making me pitiful to the dog

-too heavy and too big

-Poops too much. And certainly no classes for dogs. Reason is already mentioned in prev post

-You have to walk dogs everyday or a few days a week. No thanks. I want to stick to my schedule because if I don't my bi-polar kicks in and I end up having a headache from holding in my anger

-Slobbers and too noisy.

-I don't consider everyone my "friend" so easily but rather I would like to call them my "accquiantance". And I certainly don't have "BFF's". Sorry for mispelling but I don't have a complete spell checker and it also lags.

-I want a fluffy / cute animal. Certainly not a hairy / furry one (unless its fur is soft :D)

-I want something that doesn't require too much attention

And more but I tell you, opposites do not attract in my opinion especially to a dog. A super high active dog. And no, my parents are not gonna get rid of her. And don't worry, my nanny walks our dog sometimes but not everyday 'cause she's busy of course.

Totally not a compatible partner
Superman1 wrote:The more a spoilt little kid is denied its cries for attention, the more it will be forced to look at himself.

Ecclesiastes 1: 18 wrote:For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.
Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby Sigrid » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:12 pm

gargoylegoil wrote:
Jiru wrote:In a really angry tone in your sentences

That is your perception, kiddo.

Oh really? :
gargoylegoil wrote:
Jiru wrote:Well firstly, its my mom who BUYED it in a pet store. Dog pounds aren't a big deal either so don't talk like we adopted her in a damned pound. Anyways, my mom doesn't like taking care of dogs since she's busy all the time then she saw a bunch of bulldogs in a pet store. You can hardly see bulldogs in a pet store so my parents discussed about it. After many years of not having a pet to take care of, I agreed besides, my dad always wanted a bulldog. But what I didn't know that bulldog is a drug. When I first saw the picture of that bulldog I instantly knew that she's bad news, there where still other bulldogs there, perhaps less energetic as the one my mom wants but I knew she'll suck at choosing and ended up with a high mutt.

I'm more of a cat person and I believe cats doesn't have much happy days with humans. Hence other people are abusing them. I personally think cats out there are abused, neglected and hated much more than dogs just because "cats suck, dogs are better, they're not playful" etc. Dont believe me? Well in a news before there's a man who shot a stray cat just because he hates cats and the cat didn't even do anything to him. And before, in my school there's a stray cat who visits and stays in the school grounds (dont know whhere she is now) many people (esoecially the girls) over react whenever thw cats go near her. Even if there's a big space for them to pass, the girl would move her away with they're feet as if they're afraid to touch her. Some where trying to scare her away and some gently kick her away. There where a few who give the cat some food. My classmate even give the cat her cup of ice cream (empty) but the cat started using her paws like a spoon and started liking her paws to eat some melted ice cream in it. I think it was cute and another classmate of mine video it (idk where it is now)

You didn't BUYED her, you BOUGHT her. Which makes you and your whole family idiots for buying a dog you do not even want to take care of.

Who ever said my whole family hates the dog? and there's some hate in that sentence of yours.

I also missed some of your replies that's why I'm replying to this right now,

still not a compatible partner
Superman1 wrote:The more a spoilt little kid is denied its cries for attention, the more it will be forced to look at himself.

Ecclesiastes 1: 18 wrote:For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.
Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby *~*Isis*~* » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:34 am

My kitten, Felix. He turns 5 months in a few days. Very energetic, and very spoiled. :P

Here he is, monopolizing my spot, as usual. LOL. :lol:
Last edited by *~*Isis*~* on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't change where you came from, but you can change where you are going.

*~*Isis*~*
Sinfully Delecious
Sinfully Delecious

Postby raymond1234 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:44 am

gargoylegoil wrote:
Jiru wrote:

You didn't BUYED her, you BOUGHT her. Which makes you and your whole family idiots for buying a dog you do not even want to take care of.

Big deal, English is her second language.
And just because someone does not like their family pet does not make her or her family a bunch of idiots.

Why are you filled with so much hate ?
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sauron » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:48 am

gargoylegoil wrote:It'd be great Sauron if you can find one in a rescue shelter. It's sad that so many good homeless dogs are out there and people prefer to spend good money to buy one. If I owned a house I'd definitely get a rescue dog, even though I'm not much of a dog person.
I'd like to remind you also, that animals can get sick, the vet bills are outrageous, even for just yearly check ups. Animals aren't an impulse idea....think about it thoroughly before making your decision.
Thanks for reading.

I'm aware of that. I have a German Shepard from the shelter. She's fifteen, still going strong and happily living with us.

Jiru wrote:

That's nice Sauron but I heard that you should have long fences 'cause they are a good jumper and since they are somewhat a wolf, it may be hard to get them under control. I do like doberman 'cause they look loyal and a nice guard dog but the last doberman I have was rather... playful and seem to search for a mate.... Lord, why do I always end up having active dogs in my house....

Yeah, Husky's are hybrid dogs. They howl, too, which is awesome.

I haven't found any Husky's in the shelters in my area, which kinda sucks.
Sauron
The Dark Lord
The Dark Lord

Postby Sigrid » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:17 am

*~*Isis*~* wrote:My kitten, Felix. He turns 5 months in a few days. Very energetic, and very spoiled. :P

Here he is, monopolizing my spot, as usual. LOL. :lol:

I think I've met another cat lover :heartpump: has anyone ever told you that your cat looks so cute... looks so fluffy :heartpump: lol whenever I see a cat I would love to hug them and kiss them (who cares. I'll wash my face afterwards) and the cats would end up running away from me. I can't blane them because it would probably look weird for a stranger suddenly hugging them :lol:
Sauron wrote:
gargoylegoil wrote:It'd be great Sauron if you can find one in a rescue shelter. It's sad that so many good homeless dogs are out there and people prefer to spend good money to buy one. If I owned a house I'd definitely get a rescue dog, even though I'm not much of a dog person.
I'd like to remind you also, that animals can get sick, the vet bills are outrageous, even for just yearly check ups. Animals aren't an impulse idea....think about it thoroughly before making your decision.
Thanks for reading.

I'm aware of that. I have a German Shepard from the shelter. She's fifteen, still going strong and happily living with us.

Jiru wrote:

Yeah, Husky's are hybrid dogs. They howl, too, which is awesome.

I haven't found any Husky's in the shelters in my area, which kinda sucks.

I like they're blue eyes. Its so mesmerizing. A person told me before that his husky just howls every night and doesn't even guard the house :lol:
raymond1234 wrote:
gargoylegoil wrote:
Jiru wrote:

Big deal, English is her second language.
And just because someone does not like their family pet does not make her or her family a bunch of idiots.

Why are you filled with so much hate ?

Thanks Rey-rey, I would never had thought that you'll come to my defense since I'm the one who caused all the trouble in the first place

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby puppyjill » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:38 am

No one hates you Jiru. Im pretty sure most of us are trying to get to know you better. At least thats how i feel. You should of seen my lilly cat, she was black marble colored, an long silky hair. She loved to snuggle with people especially me, she loved women. But now shes in kitty heaven with the rest of my pet cemetery pets. RIP

(ment to be funny) No just because im a PUPPYjill dosent mean i ate them LOL
Resistance is futile, the world as we know is forever gone.
Fear not for a hero will arise.
puppyjill
Momma
Momma

Postby Sigrid » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:31 pm

puppyjill wrote:No one hates you Jiru. Im pretty sure most of us are trying to get to know you better. At least thats how i feel. You should of seen my lilly cat, she was black marble colored, an long silky hair. She loved to snuggle with people especially me, she loved women. But now shes in kitty heaven with the rest of my pet cemetery pets. RIP

(ment to be funny) No just because im a PUPPYjill dosent mean i ate them LOL

Nah I thought you wanted to be a puppy :bored:

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby puppyjill » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:29 am

:lol: Thats funny i thought i was a puppy too.
puppyjill
Momma
Momma

Postby gargoylegoil » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:42 pm

My good friend's Basset Hound had to be euthanized today...... sad. :cry:
gargoylegoil
On The Wings Of A Dragonfly

Postby starreborn » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:10 pm

i'm sorry to hear that, GG. :(
we sense that life is a dark comedy and perhaps we can live with that. however, because the whole thing is written for the entertainment of the gods, too many of the jokes go right over our heads.
starreborn
the Star
the Star

Postby gargoylegoil » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:41 pm

Yeah, thanks. Jed was a good dog....except for his slobber. :D
gargoylegoil

Postby starreborn » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:38 pm

i miss this old girl, and even had a dream about her last night.
we sense that life is a dark comedy and perhaps we can live with that. however, because the whole thing is written for the entertainment of the gods, too many of the jokes go right over our heads.
starreborn
the Star
the Star

Postby MissVampire » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:13 am

jon i can see you've got Queen of the Dammed in the pic of your snake , I'm watching that film like right now lol and the books cool
MissVampire
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby SnowWhite » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:55 am

Jiru
Poops too much
probably the biggest disadvantage :D:D :D

I don't have pets right now...
Last edited by SnowWhite on Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SnowWhite

Postby Tal » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:09 pm

starreborn wrote:i miss this old girl, and even had a dream about her last night.

Wow, I remember her kj. Her name started with a P I think but I can't remember what it was. For some reason I keep thinking Puddles or Patches even though I know that's wrong. :lol:
Tal
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand

Postby SnowWhite » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:35 pm

is this aerm, whats the term? a "racing dog" ? you know what I mean!
SnowWhite

Postby Tal » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:40 am

A greyhound.
Tal
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand

Postby SnowWhite » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:41 am

a i see, like the buses...

i can't find a pic of the cat so you will have to imagine a FAT red cat (male) ... and very lazy... classical "garfield" type of :D

never once killed a mouse :-) (probably was too fat to get them . . .
SnowWhite

Postby starreborn » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:51 pm

Tal wrote: Wow, I remember her kj. Her name started with a P I think but I can't remember what it was. For some reason I keep thinking Puddles or Patches even though I know that's wrong. :lol:

you may be thinking of the other dog i had, my whippet named Pokey. Gumby was the greyhound. :)
here's a pic of pokey with puppy gumby.
starreborn
the Star
the Star

Postby SnowWhite » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:47 am

sweeties they are! ... we once had a couch just like that :D :D ... they get along with each other nicely? seems so! ... I like animals! ... jep... more than humans... see? they're just UPRIGHT... and TRUE ...
SnowWhite

Postby sweetboyjynx » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:04 am

I have one long haired tuxedo cat. He's such a brat sometimes but he's usually a good boy. He's got terrible allergies and I'm still working with his vet to try to figure out what they are so we can treat them and ideally remove the allergins (if possible) from the home. When I originally found him years ago, he was on the side of the road eating bugs! Poor little kitten.
sweetboyjynx
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby gargoylegoil » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:51 pm

My girl Jynx...in heaven now. Oct. 7th 2014
gargoylegoil

Postby darkanomoly » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:51 am

Id post a pic but i lost the pic, its very old but I will tell you a story so sit back and grab some popcorn. The only pet I ever owned was a wild male rabit that one of my friends caught in a box, it was a baby without any perents, a orphan. I decided to take it in becuase i felt sorry for it and knew it would die or get eaten if did nothing. I named it chaos becuase i thought it was a cool name and bought it a black and spikey collar to go around its neck. It was white with a big black spot around one of its eyes. I liked to let it run around in the backyard and the family cat would sometimes chase it around. I was young and stupid and diddnt know how to properly take care of a rabbit. I gave it showers and every time I did it would shit out little black balls, I eventually stopped giving it showers becuase of that. I also attempted to teach it to go on walks with me starting with a leash and then later no leash. That failed as it was hopping around going in different directions and not walking with me like a trained dog would. I eventually wasn't getting anywhere with that training. I ended up losing my patience, got angry at it one day and dragged it for the remainder of the walk becuase it diddnt listen to me. However when I got home I was worried becuase my little son wasn't moving, I thought it passed out. I freaked out and so I let it rest on my stomach for about 10 minutes petting it and telling it was going to be ok. I never walked it again after that. I would give it carots and lettuce for desert if it behaved and diddnt Piss on my wall and would Piss where it was supposed to under its cage. I eventually gave up and got tired of taking care of it, I gave it to one of my sisters friends who actually wanted a pet rabbit, it diddnt seem to like me anyway as I was a abusive father. I kept chaos a secret from my other friends becuase i diddnt want them to think I was a "queer" or "loser" I was seventeen. They found out becuase they discovered the picture, I was emberrised. They made fun of me fore it for the entire year.
darkanomoly
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby puppyjill » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:18 am

Darkanomaoly your story touches me hun. I'm pretty sure you did the best you could do dear. Maybe your just not an animal person hun?
puppyjill
Momma
Momma

Postby darkanomoly » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:07 pm

@puppyjill

Thanks, lol, I like all sorts of animals, just don't want the reponsability so you are partially correct. One time I wanted to own a skunk and get the sprayer taken out but my state doesn't allow that plus skunks require a lot of attention so i had to say forget it.
darkanomoly
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby charleskay » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:31 pm

I dont like pets
In your dreams, Find christian dreams interpretations, prayers, biblical knowledge of dreams and more. visit www.iyd.info
charleskay
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby overusedcliche » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:52 pm

I've got a Staffordshire bull/ greyhound! She's lovely until she's steals my shoes, then she's a butthead. :x
But seriously though, can anyone with a dog explain why dogs like getting their bum scratched? :lol: it's just so weird!
The word 'lol' is my default word even when it's not a word...
overusedcliche
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby puppyjill » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:17 am

Well overusedcliche dogs dont have thumbs to do it themselves lol so they rely on us to give them the scratch they need. On another note i just got my new son , he's a rotwiler / german shepard he such a butt head too lol, but i can chalk it up to the fact he's a puppy lol. However in one week i have managed to train him to sit an go pee outside. So far so good ill let you know how the year goes.
puppyjill
Momma
Momma

Postby starreborn » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:37 pm

overusedcliche wrote:I've got a Staffordshire bull/ greyhound! She's lovely until she's steals my shoes, then she's a butthead. :x
But seriously though, can anyone with a dog explain why dogs like getting their bum scratched? :lol: it's just so weird!

now that is an interesting mix! i have actually seen a pic of one. a beautiful dog that looked mostly greyhound, but was just a bit more muscular in the legs.

as for why (some) dogs like having their butts scratched, who doesn't enjoy a good butt scratch every now and then? :lol:
starreborn
the Star
the Star

Postby YoshiMike13 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:51 pm

This is Yoshi :D
You'd think that I'd learn my lesson by now. You'd think that I'd somehow figure out, that if you strike the match you're bound to feel the flame. ~~Chris Daughtry

I need to get outta connecticut and graduate! 1 more year...
YoshiMike13
Dream Moods King 2011
Dream Moods King 2011

Postby Caesar » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:51 am

He looks cooler than ice.
People are like delicate puzzles. Unraveling them is most enjoyable.
Caesar
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby starreborn » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:47 pm

Just pulled this guy out of the shelter earlier this week.

starreborn
the Star
the Star

Postby puppyjill » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:51 am

starreborn wrote:Just pulled this guy out of the shelter earlier this week.

oooohhhh I love him Starreborn
puppyjill
Momma
Momma

Postby otherworlds » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:17 am

This is the dog molly under bed covers

otherworlds
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby BoxyTheWizard » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:10 pm

This is Chimera, she's feisty, and full of sass. She's the eldest, at the age of twelve.

This is Ibs & Chainsaw. They are rebellious, but very friendly. Chainsaw is the orange one, while Ibs is yellow. They are both around ten years old.

This is Tippytoe, he's very cautious. He gets scared easily, but he can be very sweet at times. He's around nine years old.

Edit:
Whoops! The pictures are too large!! :computer:
Vivid Dreamer
BoxyTheWizard
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby otherworlds » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:58 am

Chainsaw looks ready to play some relaxing music for ibs as she goes to sleep 8-)
otherworlds
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby BoxyTheWizard » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:08 pm

Heh, and Chimera looks grumpy as usual! X3
Vivid Dreamer
BoxyTheWizard
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby otherworlds » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:45 pm

nothing new there when youre 84 years old :D i mean the human equivalent of 12 year old cats
otherworlds
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby BoxyTheWizard » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:19 pm

Haha! I usually call her a grumpy old woman! Tippytoe is almost twice her size, but he is still terrified of her. She's a tough cookie for sure. x3
Vivid Dreamer
BoxyTheWizard
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Clementine » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:42 am

Love all your cats, BoxyTheWizard.
Clementine
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BoxyTheWizard » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 am

Thank you! They really all are sweet, but they also all get grumpy. Just like humans! I also miss my poor Chimera, she's spending the night at the vet. :'(
Vivid Dreamer
BoxyTheWizard
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby raymond1234 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:53 pm

Last edited by raymond1234 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby raymond1234 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:56 pm

BoxyTheWizard wrote:This is Chimera, she's feisty, and full of sass. She's the eldest, at the age of twelve.

This is Ibs & Chainsaw. They are rebellious, but very friendly. Chainsaw is the orange one, while Ibs is yellow. They are both around ten years old.

This is Tippytoe, he's very cautious. He gets scared easily, but he can be very sweet at times. He's around nine years old.

Edit:
Whoops! The pictures are too large!! :computer:

I think I would declaw any cat named Chainsaw.

:shock:
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

POST YOUR PETS

Postby Cinnawore » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:31 pm

Since we already have a very successful thread of what pets everyone has, how about one to post photos of our furry, feathered or scaled creatures.
[url=http://amberwizard.eu]AMBERZODIAC SIGN Amberwizard
Cinnawore
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby passedout » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:09 pm

:heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump:
these are my two cats:
[img]file:///C:/Users/BUNNY/Desktop/STUFF/IMG_5042.JPG[/img]
[img]file:///C:/Users/BUNNY/Desktop/STUFF/IMG_5031.JPG[/img]

I rescued five of them from a flood, and gave away three...
But these two were just too cute to give away!!
There was a litter of two solid black ones, two striped, and one grey. The other striped one looked just like Angel... but he had a black spot on his nose and the stripes were lighter brown than Angel's.

I used to have two fish:
one was a white male beta, the other one was a hot pink glofish.
the beta was iridescent/white. :lovestruck:
Unfortunately, both of them died a few days after I bought them; there was a problem with the water they were in.
R.I.P. Fancy, R.I.P. Spike. :crying:

Also... in response to ReneeDawn... I think the cat might be bombay! That is exactly what happened to me with the kitten's mother. She was a bombay, just showed up one night and kept coming back for food. She ended up disappearing after a year. :crying:
Still not sure where she went... i'm hoping for the best.
Anyways... a black cat that is psychotic for attention is usually a bombay. :heartpump:
passedout
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

POST YOUR PETS

Postby RafaelBic » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:39 am

You dont want the long story... full of mysticism and the old ways, so the short story is she fell or was pushed out of her nest as a fledgling and bonded to me. She has a condition called bumble-foot so she never would have made it in the wild. Shes almost 10 now.
I kind of do want th full story, actually.

What is her name? Does she sleep in a cage, or fly freely around your house?
RafaelBic
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby two_feet » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:52 am

I don't know how to add photos - I have a baby pug :baby:
two_feet
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Xwikki » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:31 pm

two_feet wrote:I don't know how to add photos - I have a baby pug :baby:

You upload the image to another site (I use imgur) then copy and paste the link here, then highlight it and click the "img" button on here.

So I've only ever had pets living with parents, but I moved into this place and this stray(sorta, where he lived didn't treat him well and moved out and left him there) cat decided to adopt me.

He's called Socks and he's an asshole but he's great:
Xwikki
Dream Moods Queen 2011 - Going Dark
Dream Moods Queen 2011 - Going Dark

POST YOUR PETS

Postby HerbeMannABg » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:06 am

Cute pics of the pets. I love the pic of Zuko ready to pounce on the yarn presumably.

Cristos, Sherman looks nearly identical to my ex fiance's childhood dog. It was funny that in the end, she was more excited to see me than the girl who had grown up w/ her, taken her out, fed her, etc all her life.
HerbeMannABg
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

PreviousNext

Return to Rant And Rave