Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Whats Your Myers Briggs Personality Type?

Got something on your mind? Get it off your chest! Talk about anything here...well almost anything.

Re: Whats Your Myers Briggs Personality Type?

Postby starreborn » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:08 pm

If I remember correctly, the last time I took one of those tests, my result was ISTJ.
we sense that life is a dark comedy and perhaps we can live with that. however, because the whole thing is written for the entertainment of the gods, too many of the jokes go right over our heads.
starreborn
the Star
the Star

Postby Clementine » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:15 am

YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:
CAMPAIGNER (ENFP-A)

Not sure I buy into any of that random testing.
Clementine
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Dorn » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:11 am

starreborn wrote:If I remember correctly, the last time I took one of those tests, my result was ISTJ.
That's arguably the most solid and serious of all types, the ultimate bullshit detector.

Clementine wrote:Not sure I buy into any of that random testing.
The testing is flawed rather than random, but the mainstay of the theory regards the identification of primary cognitive functions. According to its Jungian framework, we have two perceiving functions (intuition and sensing) and two judging functions (feeling and thinking). And if one axis function is extroverted, the other must be introverted. Likewise, if one is dominant, the other must be inferior. In that sense, the letter combination is a summary of the order of cognitive functions, listed from stronger to weaker.

As an ENFP, if you tested correctly, your dominant and auxiliary functions are extroverted intuition (Ne) and introverted feeling (Fi). This alone indicates that your approach is open-minded and nonlinear and that you're guided by inner values that, time and again, are at odds with conventions and societal constraints. Meanwhile, dominant Ne points to inferior Si (introverted sensing). This means that sense data, e.g., as the continuous flow of new information, rarely intervenes with your decision-making process, which can leave you vulnerable to confidence tricksters.

MBTI may on occasion read like a horoscope, especially on semi-serious online pages, but it's backed up by a perspicuous theory, hard data and a predictive capacity, which has made it highly appealing in the private sector. There is currently no better way of distinguishing characteristics of this kind, especially as they relate to workplace interactions as well as friendships and relationships. The axis functions also predict things such as writing style and how we dream.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby raymond1234 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:41 pm

INTJ

INTJ PERSONALITY (“THE ARCHITECT”)
It’s lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, INTJs know this all too well. INTJs form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population – it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like maneuvering. People with the INTJ personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.

more...........

https://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality

INTJ
Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance - for themselves and others.

https://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-per ... htm?bhcp=1
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Dorn » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:54 am

raymond1234 wrote:INTJ
In other words, summing up the cognitive functions for INTJ, your dominant function, introverted intuition, is paired with extroverted logic. This takes place alongside a repressed physical sensory expression and a blind spot for sense data. In short, your gut feeling consistently overrides sensory stimuli.

Although I'm not all that certain about INTJ being your match. Whereas I definitely see the Ni/Se axis expressed in your writing, concise and condensed, the Te/Fi is less pronounced in your social and ethical perspective, which is traditional rather than radical. Apologetics and the adaptation of fixed narratives is rather indicative of Fe/Ti or Ti/Fe, which points in the direction of ISTP or INFJ.

Establishing type isn't effortless, and I must admit that I'm not fully certain of my own type. I have seen INTJ, ENTJ and ENTP as my most common results. But this test, originally Russian, returns ENTj (LIE, logical-intuitive extrovert) as the most suitable fit. It also includes facial preferences, which relate to your personality traits. Socionics theory differs slightly from MBTI, but it regards the same cognitive functions, and it's easier to gauge one's answers in this particular test. Try it out and compare with previous results.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Dorn » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:30 am

I found a simpler and more condensed test, 41 Questions, which is better at picking up sensors.

Check it out.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Nostalgic » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:33 pm

Your personality type: "Laid-back Doer"
People-oriented and fun-loving, they make things more fun for others by their enjoyment. Living for the moment, they love new experiences. They dislike theory and impersonal analysis. Interested in serving others. Likely to be the center of attention in social situations. Well-developed common sense and practical ability.

Careers that could fit you include:
Actors, painters, comedians, sales representatives, teachers, counselors, social workers, child care, fashion designers, interior decorators, consultants, photographers, musicians, human resources managers, clerical supervisors, coaches, factory supervisors, food service workers, receptionists, recreation workers, religious educators, respiratory therapists.
I’m back
Nostalgic
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith

Postby Dorn » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:57 am

Nostalgic wrote:Your personality type: "Laid-back Doer"
People-oriented and fun-loving, they make things more fun for others by their enjoyment. Living for the moment, they love new experiences. They dislike theory and impersonal analysis. Interested in serving others. Likely to be the center of attention in social situations. Well-developed common sense and practical ability.
It's rather clear. You really do give off that ESFP vibe.

And, if we were to compile a list of relevant members, in order of appearance, we get the following lineup:
Nostalgic ESFP
Periwinkle ISFJ
Clementine ENFP
Starreborn ISTJ
Venus INFJ
Dorn xNTJ (xNxx is certain, but someone will have to type me)
Trop ISTP
Raymond INTJ
Tal ESTJ
CatW INTP
Geist INFJ
Sigrid INFP
Xwikki INFP
Shift INTP
OpMike ESFJ
Green ENTP (The Joker/Tyler Durden)
Aussie ISFP
Gus Who/Batman INFP (the Gollum/Phantom of the Opera type)

Hm, Amalthea, Cannydreams, and Dreamyskies are missing from the list.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby VenusInChains » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:08 am

I want to learn how to type people but OMG information overload. Do you think you're intuition is a dominant function Dorn?
Oh well
Whatever
Never mind
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World

Postby Dorn » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:25 am

VenusInChains wrote:I want to learn how to type people but OMG information overload.
I know, but the idea of hacking personalities, be it one's own or that of others, is just too intriguing to be left alone. There is admittedly a lot of dubious stuff out there, but what is necessary to consider, following the coherent theory, is that we have two judging functions (feeling and thinking) and two perceiving functions (intuition and sensing). And when one is dominant, the other is subsided. For instance, a dominant introverted intuition (Ni) will generate inferior extroverted sensing (Se), while extroverted thinking (Te) returns introverted feeling (Fi). Combining these function pairs returns a total of sixteen different types.

Do you think you're intuition is a dominant function Dorn?
Intuition is the only function I am certain about, and it is introverted (symbolism, foresight, synthesizing) rather than extroverted (bubbly, imaginative, associative). I'm also fairly certain about extroverted thinking (Te), but N and Te do not necessarily make me an NTJ type. I could also be ESFP (Se, Fi, Te, Ni) or ISFP (Fi, Se, Ni, Te). Furthermore, this kind of conversation is most common for those exuding introverted feeling (Fi), value-driven and subjective expression, while fact-driven (Si) and analytical types (Ti) will likely find it lacking in scientific rigor and risk embarrassment by the emotional engagement it requires.

Moreover, looking at dreams is actually a good metric, as they are either surreal and conceptual (Ne/Si axis) or realistic and holistic (Ni/Se); my own fall into the latter category. There are those who experience dream scenarios including cartoon characters, ghosts, monsters, talking animals, etc., but the closest I've ever come to that is seeing demons clad in Roman armor. And no, they didn't display any particular features. Instead, they manifested a condensation of superhuman power, inhuman coldness, supernatural fear, impending doom, etc., which tied in with the atmosphere. Otherwise, my dreams are more oriented in this direction. Compare the scenario and detail descriptions to that of Ne/Si dreamers shift1085 or Sigrid.

Lastly, according to socionics, there is also a sexual dimension to these types. But I'll start a thread about that in the proper section.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby VenusInChains » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:35 pm

I sort of understand how the inferior functions work - not for all types. How I understood it for INFJs is that because we rely on Intuition so much we can miss things that need attention and all of that eventually snows balls into chaos for us.
The other stuff I found overwhelming is Ego/Subconscious/Shadow Function/Super Ego. Looking at all these for my own type, I am certain that I am an INFJ. It's interesting but so overwhelming.
Oh well
Whatever
Never mind
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World

Postby tropicalheatwave » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:24 am

Dorn wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Your personality type: "Laid-back Doer"
It's rather clear. You really do give off that ESFP vibe.

And, if we were to compile a list of relevant members, in order of appearance, we get the following lineup:
Nostalgic ESFP
Periwinkle ISFJ
Clementine ENFP
Starreborn ISTJ
Venus INFJ
Dorn xNTJ (xNxx is certain, but someone will have to type me)
Trop ISTP
Raymond INTJ
Tal ESTJ
CatW INTP
Geist INFJ
Sigrid INFP
Xwikki INFP
Shift INTP
OpMike ESFJ
Green ENTP (The Joker/Tyler Durden)
Aussie ISFP
Gus Who/Batman INFP (the Gollum/Phantom of the Opera type)

Hm, Amalthea, Cannydreams, and Dreamyskies are missing from the list.

Oh, you're having fun with this. :p

I'll check out the test later. After i've studied.
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!

Postby cannydreams » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:17 pm

@Dorn.. I don't think I've ever taken the original test. What is your guess that mine would result in? Guess, and by the time I get back on here I will have taken it and tell you what the outcome I got was. and let's see how close you pegged me. Looks like lots of I's over E's here.
" Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there."
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Tal » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:15 am

An empathetic sociopath.
Tal
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand

Postby Dorn » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:47 am

VenusInChains wrote:I sort of understand how the inferior functions work - not for all types. How I understood it for INFJs is that because we rely on Intuition so much we can miss things that need attention and all of that eventually snows balls into chaos for us.
The other stuff I found overwhelming is Ego/Subconscious/Shadow Function/Super Ego. Looking at all these for my own type, I am certain that I am an INFJ. It's interesting but so overwhelming.
We can begin by conceiving of the cognitive functions as brief designations of perception--will/desire (intuition) and experience (sensing)--and judging (feeling and thinking). As an INFJ, you mainly interact in accordance with your will/desire (Ni), you're responsible with what others feel (Fe), yet somewhat careless about what you think (Ti), and fear entanglement in what others experience (Se).

Among the unconscious functions, you worry about what others desire/want from you (Ne), are critical about what you really feel and value (Fi), are unaware of how your objective reasoning comes off to others (Te) and are most likely corrupted by the fulfillment of personal experiences (Si).

I'm also intrigued by Berens' model, which expands on the Jungian archetypes, the characters that you face in your internal landscape and externalize on various occasions. An INFJ ego generates a spontaneous and playful (ESTP) animus, which is productive and positive; a stressed, uncomfortable pied piper (ENFP) shadow; and a magistrate (ISTJ) superego crone, a dark self-image which is corrupting and parasitic.

tropicalheatwave wrote:Oh, you're having fun with this. :p

I'll check out the test later. After i've studied.
What was the result? You stated INFP above, but it just didn't sit right with your writing style and physical activities.

cannydreams wrote:@Dorn.. I don't think I've ever taken the original test. What is your guess that mine would result in?
Judging from your style, which is considerate and sociable, I detect the milder side of the SJ traits.

Guess, and by the time I get back on here I will have taken it and tell you what the outcome I got was. and let's see how close you pegged me.
My guess is ISFJ. What did you get?

Looks like lots of I's over E's here.
As expected. Intuitive introverts (INxx) are in their right element when they can shut themselves off from social interaction, which is draining to them. They need their alone time to recharge, and the internet suits that need. By contrast, extroverts draw energy from meeting people. This is somewhat mysterious for ESTJs, though, as they tend toward misanthropy, especially when they're required to listen to other peoples' personal issues (got an issue, here's a tissue). Many of them claim to be introverts, and many are quite solitary, but almost all of their activities are carried out for the sake of others. They're the self-neglecting types that would rather work overtime than brood over their own thoughts and feelings.

Tal wrote:An empathetic sociopath.
Lol. ESTJ confirmed. (See above.)
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby VenusInChains » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:00 pm

Tal definatle seem to use sensing more than intuition, but I’m not experienced enough to have a guess at her type.
Oh well
Whatever
Never mind
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World

Postby tropicalheatwave » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:05 pm

Dorn wrote:What was the result? You stated INFP above, but it just didn't sit right with your writing style and physical activities.

You stated ISTP then ISFP in the previous page. Which do you find more accurate?

Didn't take it yet. When i take a week off from training i'll make a mental note. That way i can take my time without feeling rushed. And also be more awake. Next week or the week after. More likely the latter.
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!

Postby Amalthea » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:36 am

I don't think I ever took this test, I will and see what the results are, hope it isn't a long test.

I got ENFJ labeled The Protagonist. Not sure if that fits me completely, parts do I guess.
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Dorn » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:58 am

tropicalheatwave wrote:You stated ISTP then ISFP in the previous page. Which do you find more accurate?
It comes down to a battle between the lone ranger (ISTP) and the sensitive aesthete (ISFP). Both are spontaneous-playful (SP), prefer action to words, and most of all value living in the moment, testing rules, norms, and traditions (that is, to evoke the thrill of transgression--not to replace rules, norms, traditions). Both types are also adrenaline junkies and relieve stress by pushing themselves into endorphin highs. Following the temperaments of Ancient Greece, they express traits pertaining to Dionysus, the god of intoxication, ecstasy, fertility, etc.

I don't recall how I reasoned when I put down ISFP, but one important difference with ISTP is the interactive style, where ISTPs are brief and to the point while ISFPs tend toward evasion and cryptic sentences. Compare the interactive styles of Tiger Woods and Jared Leto (ISTPs) as opposed to Prince or Michael Jackson (ISFPs). All four are reserved and thoughtful, but ISTPs have a harder shell and will tend to be more cynical, while ISFPs struggle with paranoid impulses.

Amalthea wrote:I got ENFJ labeled The Protagonist. Not sure if that fits me completely, parts do I guess.
Hm... That is the mentor/life guru, one of the expressly dominant and talkative types. They are intensely emotional and opinionated orators drawn toward the public spotlight (Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jordan Peterson, Oprah Winfrey, Ana Kasparian, etc.). With that in mind, you seem too congenial, too thoughtful to carry this mantle. Where the ENFJ would tell people how to act or think or what to consider, you have a far more helpful and supportive approach (SJ).

As a followup, how do you de-stress?
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sauron » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:34 am

Logistician (ISTJ-t)

From the other question list:
"Reliable Realist"
Sauron
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Dorn » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:48 am

Sauron wrote:Logistician (ISTJ-t)

From the other question list:
"Reliable Realist"
That's good news. Dependable and thorough, ISTJs are the ultimate bullshit detectors. When there are too few people with this temperament around, chaos ensues. And that's more or less the story of DM.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Space and Time » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:18 pm

This test is bad, I have taken it over hundred times in my newbie times with the MBTI, I used to get like multiple results there and all of their description seemed to be extremely stereotypical and most of the characteristics I didnt resonate with.

I taken tests that are much more accurate and better than this and I usualy I tended to get IXXP. Though I remember getting anti-climatic results such as ESFJ (Dafuq) or INFJ.

I consider myself an INTP with some INFP characteristics.
Anyone is a lord of their realm
Space and Time
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Dorn » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:23 pm

Space and Time wrote:This test is bad, I have taken it over hundred times in my newbie times with the MBTI, I used to get like multiple results there and all of their description seemed to be extremely stereotypical and most of the characteristics I didnt resonate with.
There is no good test that will help you find your profile, mainly because they will rely on two false assumptions: identifying function or relying on false dichotomies. As for descriptions, they're business-oriented, as MBTI is first and foremost a corporate tool used to designate a person's best role in an organization.

I taken tests that are much more accurate and better than this and I usualy I tended to get IXXP. Though I remember getting anti-climatic results such as ESFJ (Dafuq) or INFJ.
Try this test, which only contains 25 questions, but be sure to alter your VPN if you're looking for privacy.

I consider myself an INTP with some INFP characteristics.
That seems about right. Consider the axes, though, as INTP uses Ti/Fe (logical clarity/objective ethics) while INFP uses Fi/Te (personal values/objective rationale). Relying on our brief exchanges, I think INTP, Ti/Fe axis, is the likelier type.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby The World-Eater » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:11 am

ISTJ-a
The World-Eater
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Amalthea » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:00 am

Dorn wrote:
tropicalheatwave wrote:You stated ISTP then ISFP in the previous page. Which do you find more accurate?
It comes down to a battle between the lone ranger (ISTP) and the sensitive aesthete (ISFP). Both are spontaneous-playful (SP), prefer action to words, and most of all value living in the moment, testing rules, norms, and traditions (that is, to evoke the thrill of transgression--not to replace rules, norms, traditions). Both types are also adrenaline junkies and relieve stress by pushing themselves into endorphin highs. Following the temperaments of Ancient Greece, they express traits pertaining to Dionysus, the god of intoxication, ecstasy, fertility, etc.

I don't recall how I reasoned when I put down ISFP, but one important difference with ISTP is the interactive style, where ISTPs are brief and to the point while ISFPs tend toward evasion and cryptic sentences. Compare the interactive styles of Tiger Woods and Jared Leto (ISTPs) as opposed to Prince or Michael Jackson (ISFPs). All four are reserved and thoughtful, but ISTPs have a harder shell and will tend to be more cynical, while ISFPs struggle with paranoid impulses.

Amalthea wrote:I got ENFJ labeled The Protagonist. Not sure if that fits me completely, parts do I guess.
Hm... That is the mentor/life guru, one of the expressly dominant and talkative types. They are intensely emotional and opinionated orators drawn toward the public spotlight (Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jordan Peterson, Oprah Winfrey, Ana Kasparian, etc.). With that in mind, you seem too congenial, too thoughtful to carry this mantle. Where the ENFJ would tell people how to act or think or what to consider, you have a far more helpful and supportive approach (SJ).

As a followup, how do you de-stress?

I don't mind attention on me if for a good reason but I don't actively seek the attention of others. I can be dominant but not hurtful or hateful.

I like to read, write/journal, play with my cat, watch movies, cook, talk with family or good close friends to help me de-stress.
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Dorn » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:03 am

Amalthea wrote:I don't mind attention on me if for a good reason but I don't actively seek the attention of others. I can be dominant but not hurtful or hateful.
With that in mind, ESFJ fits much better than ENFJ.

I like to read, write/journal, play with my cat, watch movies, cook, talk with family or good close friends to help me de-stress.
Reading and writing stimulates Si (personal experience), while socializing nourishes Fe (emotional connection). ENFJs and ENTJs are often so high strung that they need advanced meditation and absolute stillness and silence to de-stress, to reconnect with their innate willpower/desire (Ni).

The World-Eater wrote:ISTJ-a
That's great. As I said above, we need more of you guys. Not just ISTJs but SJs in general.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby cannydreams » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:53 am

I haven't been back online to post my results, I got INFP - A/ -T

I worry that not giving definite Agree or Disagree affects results, yes or no, perhaps? So I got 2 letters you thought for me Dorn. I'm part of the "I" group :)
" Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there."
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Dorn » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:10 am

cannydreams wrote:I haven't been back online to post my results, I got INFP - A/ -T
It fits. Come to think of it, the way you dream indicates Ne/Si (abstracted personal experiences). What you should know about that type, though, is that it regards people who tend to quickly leap from bright and bubbly to emotional and dark. That's why I overlooked it.

I worry that not giving definite Agree or Disagree affects results, yes or no, perhaps?
Perhaps. I wouldn't give that test too much credence, since it returns INTJ for me, while I'm more likely ENTx (or even ENFJ). I'm far too talkative and imposing to be one of the introverted thinkers.

So I got 2 letters you thought for me Dorn. I'm part of the "I" group :)
I'd still say I missed the mark. I'll update the list with all the necessary adjustments, and I'll give Trop a few more days.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby tropicalheatwave » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:06 pm

INFP the dreamy idealist

Intuitive and perceiving were my highest scores.

Dorn wrote:

Similar to my astrological birth chart.
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!

Postby Dorn » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:06 am

tropicalheatwave wrote:INFP the dreamy idealist

Intuitive and perceiving were my highest scores.
I'm surprised. This type is the least fit of all, the one most averse to physical activities. INFPs also wear their emotions on their sleeves. More often than not, they are shy, soporific, lachrymose roly-polies or stick insects who shun daylight, work, and social pressure. They're simultaneously the darkest and ghostliest of all, giving off the vibe of the Phantom of the Opera or Tim Burton's Corpse Bride.

The máscara stunt aside, you'd be one of the most (externally) balanced INFPs out there.

Similar to my astrological birth chart.
Jungian analytical psychology and typology may both carry a veneer of hocus pocus, as much of the material reads as a horoscope. At its root, however, it presupposes psychological repression and a diversity of cognitive functions, and the descriptions are empirically correlated with specific behaviors.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby MissWong » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:11 pm

I've taken this test twice previously since it has made its rounds online and I got ISFJ once and the next time I got ESFJ. Switched from Introverted to Extroverted?
" I tried to cook something from scratch... and ended up summoning a demon"
MissWong
Ting-Ting
Ting-Ting

Postby Dorn » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:39 pm

MissWong wrote:I've taken this test twice previously since it has made its rounds online and I got ISFJ once and the next time I got ESFJ. Switched from Introverted to Extroverted?
Good question, since those two are quite similar. It comes down to being attuned to mood and atmosphere (extraverted feeling/Fe) ahead of putting your personal experience (introverted sensing/Si) first.

The question you asked in the sticky thread (Get to know posters game...), the one relating to how someone would react if they saw their friend's partner cheating, directly relates to Fe (extraverted feeling). In our encounters here on DM, you've been very apt at picking up on mood while gauging various opinions, so I'm leaning toward ESFJ (FeSi) ahead of ISFJ (SiFe).
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Mr. Green » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:14 pm

Huh, it says I'm a Morlock. What the hell does that mean?
Mr. Green
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Dorn » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:04 am

Mr. Green wrote:Huh, it says I'm a Morlock. What the hell does that mean?
Urban dictionary says troll extraordinaire, I say ENTP or ESTP.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby tropicalheatwave » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:11 am

Dorn wrote:I'm surprised. This type is the least fit of all, the one most averse to physical activities. INFPs also wear their emotions on their sleeves. More often than not, they are shy, soporific, lachrymose roly-polies or stick insects who shun daylight, work, and social pressure. They're simultaneously the darkest and ghostliest of all, giving off the vibe of the Phantom of the Opera or Tim Burton's Corpse Bride.

Not surprised. The questions were very vague. Scenario based questions would've provided more accuracy. In many questions the answer would depend on the situation at hand. So i found it hard to give an honest answer. That being said, many times i've considered myself to be a dreamer. I just take it a step further and make it as close to reality as possible.

Dorn wrote:The máscara stunt aside, you'd be one of the most (externally) balanced INFPs out there.

Being a more "in the moment" person as you described, my lifestyle can be quite reckless. Don't really see myself as balanced.

Dorn wrote:Jungian analytical psychology and typology may both carry a veneer of hocus pocus, as much of the material reads as a horoscope. At its root, however, it presupposes psychological repression and a diversity of cognitive functions, and the descriptions are empirically correlated with specific behaviors.

Talkin more of your assessment of me in comparison to the birth chart. Quite similar.
tropicalheatwave
put 'em up!
put 'em up!

Postby Dorn » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:04 am

tropicalheatwave wrote:Not surprised. The questions were very vague. Scenario based questions would've provided more accuracy.
Agreed. Questions directly tied to work and recreation as well as sex and drugs would clear up most ambiguities. Unfortunately, the veneer of respectability reduces accuracy.

In many questions the answer would depend on the situation at hand. So i found it hard to give an honest answer. That being said, many times i've considered myself to be a dreamer. I just take it a step further and make it as close to reality as possible.
What separates the doer from the dreamer is that very distinction, that is, seeking active rather than imaginary manifestations of urges and desires. The dream experience can often be overwhelming enough for intuitive types, as inner visions consistently push aside real-life experiences.

Being a more "in the moment" person as you described, my lifestyle can be quite reckless.
That's the vibe I get, spontaneous-playful/Dionysian (SP) as opposed to intuitive-fervent/Apollonian (NF). Being intuitive will make you inactive and caught in your own mind for extended periods of time. That mindset also raises the importance of past and future events, often overlooking the present moment.

Don't really see myself as balanced.
Externally balanced, showing emotional restraint rather than sharing that downpour of feels. When caught in online drama, you're not the one tilting and losing face.

Talkin more of your assessment of me in comparison to the birth chart. Quite similar.
Oh, I see. I have no frame of reference in that regard, hence the confusion. Either way, I'll mark you down as ISxP and see where we go from there.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Mr. Green » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:01 pm

Dorn wrote:Urban dictionary says troll extraordinaire, I say ENTP or ESTP.

lulz
Mr. Green
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Dorn » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:52 am

^ You're just on the cusp of E/I, and since INTP is the explicit nerd type, I'll put you down as an ENTP trickster instead.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Dorn » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:22 am

Extraverted, Judging (F, T)
Dorn ENFJ
Amalthea ExFJ
MsWong ESFJ
OpMike ESFJ
Tal ESTJ
Jezzabella ExxJ

Extraverted, Perceiving (N, S)
Nostalgic ESFP
Green ENTP
Clementine ENFP

Introverted, Perceiving (N, S)
Periwinkle ISFJ
Venus INFJ
Sauron ISTJ
WorldEater ISTJ
Starreborn ISTJ
Raymond INTJ
DreamySkies IxxJ
Aussie IxxJ

Introverted, Judging (F, T)
Trop ISxP
Canny INFP
Xwikki INFP
Sigrid INFP
Shift INFP
Gus/Batty INFP
Space&Time INTP
CatW INTP
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Mr. Green » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:45 pm

I'm not shy irl, I just don't like people enough in general to be considered extraverted. I don't mean that to be offensive, it's just my nature to silently judge for better or worse. There are times though when I can't help but speak up, and this usually ends with people waiting for me to chime in to whatever conversation comes next, before it starts to pick up steam. When I'm right I'm right, and I'll beat someone over the head with it until they concede. I'm not intelligent by any metric other than common sense and blunt force trolling, almost all "book smarts" is forgotten or becomes not interesting enough to remember, so I'm nowhere near the nerdy type. I think that test is too vague for a proper personality type, not that the questions aren't asked correctly, but that there is no option to explain why we're answering them the way we have. May take it again to show examples.
Mr. Green
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Dorn » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:40 am

Mr. Green wrote:I'm not shy irl, I just don't like people enough in general to be considered extraverted.
In typology, extraversion relates to your leading cognitive function and not to your overall behavior, which is the colloquial sense in which we use the term. How we interact ultimately comes down to group dynamics, where relaxed INFPs are usually among the most talkative and ENTJs will be quite passive and observing. ENTPs are, by contrast, easily bored and won't bother with niceties to explain why they're suddenly taking off.

I don't mean that to be offensive, it's just my nature to silently judge for better or worse. There are times though when I can't help but speak up, and this usually ends with people waiting for me to chime in to whatever conversation comes next, before it starts to pick up steam. When I'm right I'm right, and I'll beat someone over the head with it until they concede. I'm not intelligent by any metric other than common sense and blunt force trolling, almost all "book smarts" is forgotten or becomes not interesting enough to remember, so I'm nowhere near the nerdy type.
An intellectual veneer is mainly "paint" determined by one's attention to objective standards, deploying either extraverted thinking (Te) or feeling (Fe). In contradistinction to that approach, xNTP types are concerned with what makes sense internally, without directly focusing on how it comes across; as you put it, you are mostly easygoing but become blunt or forceful when you know you're right. And as far as chan culture is concerned, you'll find plenty of larpy ENxPs and autistic INTx types dominating that environment.

I think that test is too vague for a proper personality type, not that the questions aren't asked correctly, but that there is no option to explain why we're answering them the way we have. May take it again to show examples.
That test is garbage. I'd actually say it's the worst one among those presented in the thread, as it relies on false dichotomies rather than aiming to identify leading functions. The best one would be this originally Russian test, which contains 75 questions. It's flawed, but it will at least point you in the right direction. (I test as ENTJ, but the ENFJ description makes more sense.)
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby The Cat Whisperer » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:32 pm

MissWong wrote:I've taken this test twice previously since it has made its rounds online and I got ISFJ once and the next time I got ESFJ. Switched from Introverted to Extroverted?

Not likely. It's more likely that you can act the part of an extrovert for a time, as I can when working at a craft/trade show.
"You're The Cat Whisperer!"--my brother
Without chaos, there would be no creativity.
Dreams are free. Making them come true costs.
"Cheer up!" is the worst thing you can say to a person who is depressed.
The Cat Whisperer
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby aussie_musician » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:00 pm

mine is isfj -a/-t ..

hmmm, not entirely of that .. considering some of the questions ..

and that means i'm a defender ..
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby Tal » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:31 am

Dorn wrote:Extraverted, Judging (F, T)
Dorn ENFJ
Amalthea ExFJ
MsWong ESFJ
OpMike ESFJ
Tal ESTJ
Jezzabella ExxJ

Extraverted, Perceiving (N, S)
Nostalgic ESFP
Green ENTP
Clementine ENFP

Introverted, Perceiving (N, S)
Periwinkle ISFJ
Venus INFJ
Sauron ISTJ
WorldEater ISTJ
Starreborn ISTJ
Raymond INTJ
DreamySkies IxxJ
Aussie IxxJ

Introverted, Judging (F, T)
Trop ISxP
Canny INFP
Xwikki INFP
Sigrid INFP
Shift INFP
Gus/Batty INFP
Space&Time INTP
CatW INTP

INFJ, surprisingly.
Tal
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand

Postby aussie_musician » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:21 pm

surprisingly ???
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby Tal » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:44 am

I did it again and it was different. The test is too black and white. One of the creators was right into Jungian psychology which is interesting by not entirely the latest in brain
knowledge.
Tal
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand

Postby aussie_musician » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:30 pm

what was different ???
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Previous

Return to Rant And Rave