Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

How many here live in other countries other than USA?

Got something on your mind? Get it off your chest! Talk about anything here...well almost anything.

Re: How many here live in other countries other than USA?

Postby Nostalgic » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:32 pm

starreborn wrote:Divided States of America....with all the shit going on in this country, it's hard to call it the "United" States.

I don’t even live there but think this is super accurate!
I’m back
Nostalgic
Mord-Sith
Mord-Sith

Postby aussie_musician » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:47 pm

"duh" .. for i was thinking out loud about that ..

:lol:
WWJD.
Nehemiah 8:10 The Joy Of The Lord.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11 The Seasons Of Life.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life" - Jesus.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby dreamyskies » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:25 am

starreborn wrote:Divided States of America....with all the shit going on in this country, it's hard to call it the "United" States.

Oh, yes your president. I can understand that feeling you have about your country.
dreamyskies
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby aussie_musician » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:21 pm

so .. you blame the president ..

for everything ???
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby starreborn » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:01 pm

dreamyskies wrote:

Oh, yes your president. I can understand that feeling you have about your country.

Certainly there has been increased tension and division among people since Trump was sworn in, but truth be told, it was already in place long before he threw his hat into the race for the presidency.
we sense that life is a dark comedy and perhaps we can live with that. however, because the whole thing is written for the entertainment of the gods, too many of the jokes go right over our heads.
starreborn
the Star
the Star

Postby dreamyskies » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:52 am

Aussie Musician, who, me? I don't live in the USA.

Starreborn, what do you feel is the biggest divide in your country? Thank you for answering, btw.
dreamyskies
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby aussie_musician » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:47 pm

not you dreamy .. i was asking whoever said they blame the president ...
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby starreborn » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:39 pm

dreamyskies wrote:Starreborn, what do you feel is the biggest divide in your country? Thank you for answering, btw.

At the moment, the issue of immigration would have to be one of the biggest, which I'm sure you've heard about quite a bit. There is also serious racial tension going on, some of it revolving around issues of real or perceived racial inequalities/police shootings/removing Confederate statues/etc. There are the police and the citizens who support them vs citizens who are suspicious of the police or flat out hate them. Christians and other people vs homosexuals/transgendered people. Pro-lifers vs pro-choicers. Trump supporters vs Trump haters. There is the issue of free speech...who really has the right to it and who doesn't. People get offended very easily now, and sometimes there are serious consequences for the offender. Some see these consequences as being justified while others see them as overreactions. Then there are all the protest groups that come out and counter-protesters to protest them, which often results in violence, traffic jams, and destruction of property. And on top of it all we have the media to cover It all, and much of the general public who believes that most of the media as biased as hell. So yeah, there you have it. A divided country indeed.
we sense that life is a dark comedy and perhaps we can live with that. however, because the whole thing is written for the entertainment of the gods, too many of the jokes go right over our heads.
starreborn
the Star
the Star

Postby cannydreams » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:24 am

I've read some on the immigration situation happening in the United States now, a very sad situation the poor children and families involved. Do you think Trump will do his full term, starreborn?
" Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there."
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby raymond1234 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:24 am

cannydreams wrote:I've read some on the immigration situation happening in the United States now, a very sad situation the poor children and families involved. Do you think Trump will do his full term, starreborn?

Yes he will and he will probably be reelected.

The reason the children are separated from their parents is because the parents endangered the welfare and safety of their children when they entered illegally and their parents were arrested. You can't keep children in prison / jail with their parents, so they are given to CPS.....Child Protective Services.

The Democrats are still upset that Hillary lost. It's not just politics, it's a business. Seriously. The Democrats lost the election and the leaders of the Democratic Party are at risk of losing the political positions in their home states. If that happens, then the politicians are not surrounded by fake friends that 'love' them , give them attention and pay them $50,000 or $100,000 to give a 45 minute speech. If they are not in a position of power, then what they say means nothing.

First the Democrats tried to suggest that Trump did not win an honest election... that failed.
Then they tried to hang him with sexual harassment.
Then they made up story about him conniving with the Russians to get him elected.
Then they made up a story about him getting peed on by a Russian prostitute in Moscow.

Then, they insulted the First Lady because she stayed with their son until he finished school in NYC.
They insult her every other day because they don't like the shoes she wears etc.....
They insult the First Lady because she has an accent, but never congratulate her because she can speak 7 languages and is a self made woman (she was a model).

Then, it was the idea that Trump was making money off the presidency with his business. (He has lost money)
Then, they tried to accuse him of fraternizing with the enemy because he negotiated a peace deal with North Korea. It was well received and the closest we have been to ending the conflict since 1953.

Then, they said he was damaging the economy even though we have the lowest unemployment rate in 50 years, inflation is less than 2% and our deficit is declining.
Then the Democrats said he was destroying our trade agreements because he renegotiated several trade and tariff agreements. But all he is doing is evening the playing field and other nations are renegotiating theirs with other nations as well.

Then, they ran out of things to say about him and they insulted him about his eating habits because he likes Diet Coke and McDonald's even though he does not drink alcohol or smoke. Who gives a damn about him eating McD and drinking Diet Coke. The rest of the country does the same thing. But Trump does not drink alcohol which is a considerable achievement in D.C. considering that half of the politicians are alcoholics (Hillary Clinton).

Trump reduced the top tax rate for individuals and corporations. He also refined the depreciation for capital investments.
This has resulted in $300 BN being returned to the U.S. and new investments in private resources.

He moved the Israeli embassy to Jerusalem. Every president since Bush SR said they were going to do it, but Trump did it. And other nations are following as well.
Trump dismantled Obamacare, that was sold on the idea that it would give 'free healthcare for everyone ' but Obama said everyone had to had healthcare and fined people 1,000's of dollars if they did not. It benefited insurance companies, not the people. Premiums have increased to record levels in many areas. You can't pass a law to make people buy a private product they don't want , even if it is healthcare. Trump got rid of that provision and people were happy.

Now, Trump is scheduled to meet with Putin to discuss major issues and the Liberal Media is insulting for doing his job. That is what presidents do.....meet with leaders.

Anyhow, the policies that exist with illegal aliens and their children have existed for many, many years. But the Democrats will accuse Trump of anything and everything to discredit him. The children are not being mistreated. They are treated the same way American children would be treated under the same conditions. They are treated the same way today, that they were treated with Obama.

Trump is an outsider and he has upset the status quo. There is not much difference between the Democrats and Republicans, they are both cut from the same cloth.

The Democrats and Liberal media have suggested that there will be a 'Blue Wave' in November and they will 'sweep' the elections. It won't happen. It's fake news.

Trump's approval rating ' is higher now than it was when Obama was at the same period in his presidency......currently it is about 48-51% for Trump. About where it was when he was elected. Many Blacks and Hispanics are leaving the Democratic party because of the broken promises. The Democrats have created social programs to keep people poor and dependent on them, Trump has created jobs to give then and everyone else independence. Nationwide, there are more job vacancies than there are people seeking jobs.

Don't believe the major media news outlets. They have an agenda and it does not benefit America or the working man.

Just saw this.....nice summary about why you should not believe everything you hear from the Main Stream Media.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 766561002/
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby dreamyskies » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:22 am

Thank you for replying and explaining both sides, starreborn and raymond1234. Outside of the country, you both live we can only really go on what we see online or maybe paper/news but never first hand inside the actual country you both live in. I am probably influenced by media on most things and don't dive deeper into things outside of my own country bubble. Do either of you feel Trump was elected because they wanted a non democratic party in, or because they didn't like or want a female to be president so anyone but?
dreamyskies
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby raymond1234 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:06 am

dreamyskies wrote:Thank you for replying and explaining both sides, starreborn and raymond1234. Outside of the country, you both live we can only really go on what we see online or maybe paper/news but never first hand inside the actual country you both live in. I am probably influenced by media on most things and don't dive deeper into things outside of my own country bubble. Do either of you feel Trump was elected because they wanted a non democratic party in, or because they didn't like or want a female to be president so anyone but?

No, he was elected because he is an outsider. He said the things people on the street say and think everyday. He is well educated and very intelligent, but he is not very 'polished'.

The Democrats and Republicans are both sides of the same coin. Trump upset a lot of people because the professional politicians bargain with each other to get positions of power within Congress. To gain more influence and more money on the speaking tour. There are many people in Congress that feel that 'X' should be president, it's his or her turn. And Trump upset a lot of people who waited for years to get their turn and he pushed them aside.

Trump has done exactly what he said he was going to do prior to being elected. And that has infuriated both sides of Congress. I forget how much money Trump spent on his election but it was less than half of what Hillary spent on hers. And that does not include what Hillary spent running for president in 2008.

Trump does not accept money for his position. It is illegal to work for free, but he donates all his income from the presidency to non profit agencies.
No one has ever done that before.

But Trump was elected because people were irritated of career politicians and political families : John F Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, Ted Kennedy.
George H W Bush and George W Bush. Bill Clinton and potentially Hillary Clinton. And there are many more examples at the state level.

They were also weary of Hillary Clinton' lies and fake personality. People don't hate her because she is a woman, but they LIKE her and will vote for her because she IS a woman, in spite of her marginal credentials. Yes.......she was well educated and she is a very intelligent woman. But since she was First Lady, she has achieved nothing to warrant the presidency. She was a Senator from New York but she achieved nothing while she was there. Failed a presidential run against Obama in 2008. Became Secretary of State under Obama and achieved nothing unless you consider abandoning an American Consulate under attack in Libya an achievement. It led to 4 dead Americans being dragged thru the street. Then she campaigned for peace but attacked Syria, Yemen, Libya and Tunisia without provocation. She and Obama are responsible for setting the Middle East on fire and creating the current situation in Syria.

She and Bill Clinton are compulsive liars and they are both associated with the premeditated deaths of 50+ people.

I could go on but you got the idea....

https://www.truthorfiction.com/clintonfriends/

Why did she have to be 'poured' into the van and what fell out on the ground?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzZl9j580tM

Seizures?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhhrSr-hjxY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce0gTnEFb8k

Fake Accents:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O593YL-53dk
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Dorn » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:00 am

raymond1234 wrote:No, he was elected because he is an outsider.
He was elected because he was able to identify a widespread disenchantment with identity politics favoring minorities, women, and LGBT groups. It also helped that he promoted the birther conspiracy theory in 2010-11 to establish his right-wing credentials, saying out loud what every racist was thinking but was prohibited to say in good society.

Identifying the growing racial tensions since the financial crisis, Trump devised a successful white nationalist campaign directed against the neoliberal, pro-LGBT, anti-racist establishment. Such was his pathway to power.

He said the things people on the street say and think everyday.
Spics, niggers, chinks, fags, and trannies are ruining America. Let's take our country back from these freaks and return to the good old days. That's the outspoken impetus of your average Trump supporter, perfectly mirroring his campaign message.

Beyond that, the rest of your post is mainly autism-tier material reminiscent of the 2016 meme war. One part alt-lite MAGApede à la Tucker Carlson, one part Alex Jones.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Gus Who » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:24 am

It matters not of a “bubble” that one is in... as people around the world in general would want the same thing... and the governments in this world have created such an environment that gave rise to such bad choices, as all have become corrupt.

A new ‘toddler generation’ has to arise and take on such a world... problems

This is what has been prophesied to happen at this time
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby MissWong » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:58 am

Ugh, pretty certain the OP ( dreamyskies ) does not want a debate on USA politics, it is boring enough to those of us who actually live here.

Welcome back, Gus Who. I think I'd be happier in that bubble, to be honest.
" I tried to cook something from scratch... and ended up summoning a demon"
MissWong
Ting-Ting
Ting-Ting

Postby cannydreams » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:59 am

@raymond1234

Okay, I see. But what is the illegal issue, is it about jobs? Economy? If people have lived there for many years and didn't cause any harm why treat them so harshly? Thought I'd ask since isn't really about which politician is better or should have won issue because that is a moot point and finished for now( unless removed).

On the original thread topic are no posters from Greece or Canada.
" Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there."
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby dreamyskies » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:26 am

MissWong wrote:Ugh, pretty certain the OP ( dreamyskies ) does not want a debate on USA politics, it is boring enough to those of us who actually live here.

Welcome back, Gus Who. I think I'd be happier in that bubble, to be honest.

I don't care if posters discuss it, but I cannot contribute much if any to the conversation because I am not a part of that world and know only some media news on it, which as raymond1234 above told is probably bias and wrong to portray one thing that might not be truthful and agenda based. As long as people respect each other's differences go ahead and discuss but I am ignorant on it and can't.

Thanks, raymond1234 and Dorn for thoughts on it.

Cannydreams, I wondered that too and some other specific countries that do not seem to be represented on here at all.
dreamyskies
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby raymond1234 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:23 pm

cannydreams wrote:@raymond1234

Okay, I see. But what is the illegal issue, is it about jobs? Economy? If people have lived there for many years and didn't cause any harm why treat them so harshly? Thought I'd ask since isn't really about which politician is better or should have won issue because that is a moot point and finished for now( unless removed).

On the original thread topic are no posters from Greece or nada.

The problem with illegal aliens is that if you don't have a secure border, you don't have a country. If you are an honest person you don't lie and sneak your way across the border. There are very good reasons why you have to apply to gain citizenship in any nation. You have to be screened to make sure that you can support yourself once you arrive, are not a convicted felon and have no links to terrorist organizations or those that are a danger to the U.S. The application fee is only $725, but if you can't afford that, you can't afford to pay for rent, utilities, car payment, groceries, insurance etc....

A lot of gang members exist in Central America as well as drug cartels . The drug cartels are so powerful that they have actually taken control of many areas of Mexico and other places in Central and South America. They kill people without mercy or compassion. I recently read that 110 politicians have been killed in Mexico this year. Many of them were trying to prosecute the gang members and drug cartels. Mexico has one of the highest murder rates in the World. If someone is murdered then there is only a 3-5 percent chance that anyone will be arrested for the crime and that does not mean they will be convicted. Last week they reported that so far this year, 1,200 people have been killed/died at the hands of illegal aliens in Texas. Those 1200 people would be alive if it was not for illegal aliens. I am aware that there is a lot of crime in Central and South America. Lots of crime, violence and corruption. But that does not mean they should have a free ride here. If we don't screen them, how do we know that the murderers, thieves and drug traffickers are kept out?

It is necessary to apply for citizenship so the bad guys can be screened out. The people that cross the border illegally cost the U.S a lot of money in law enforcement patrolling the borders. It is not unusual for the border police and local police officers to be shot at from the Mexican side of the border and there is nothing that can be done.

When they cross the border, they pay 'mules' to lead them across and pay them as much as $10,000 to get them across. If they can pay 10K they can pay the application fee of $725. The majority of the women are raped or sexually abused by their mules and they often bring their children with them. The children are dragged thru the desert in conditions inappropriate for their age and which most adults would avoid.

Last week ( I live in Texas) they reported that a 6 year old boy was found sitting on the side of the road near the border after he was abandoned by a 'mule' . No parent, no adult supervision and the temperature was close to 100F /37C. It is not unusual to see reports on the news of dead people lying in the desert that have died from the heat. Many times they have been shot by other illegal aliens.

Quite often, ,they bring drugs into the country on backpacks and sell them to dealers once they get here. If they are not involved in the drug trade, they get jobs that pay minimal wages and are often performed under dangerous conditions. They are hired by unethical businessmen that don't pay payroll taxes to the government and take jobs from local people.

If they are arrested, then the parents are put in jail and remain there because they cannot post a Bond. If they have children then they are placed in protective custody. Lately, the Liberal Main Stream Media has accused Trump of being abusive to children, but what they are doing is the same thing that is done to American children. If your parents are arrested, then they are sent to protective custody until they can find a responsible relative or a foster parent. It happens 10,000 times a day in the U.S. but they broadcast pictures of crying children like it is a unique situation specific to illegal aliens. It's not an illegal alien situation. The media is anti-Trump. If he won a Nobel Prize and walked on water they would still complain.
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Dorn » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:10 am

dreamyskies wrote:Thanks, raymond1234 and Dorn for thoughts on it.
Looking back, I don't think I quite captured how serious the situation is, as I only addressed the racially divisive character of his political persona. Trump is in that sense similar in temperament to the pro-Putin, anti-immigrant populists of Europe: the Wilders, Le Pens, and Farages.

On a personal level, we're dealing with a degenerate rapist compromised by Russian intelligence, but that is basically harmless compared to his worst aspects. More to the point, Trump is someone who is explicitly threatening the liberal world order by attacking and undermining the institutions that have kept the peace since WWII. And had the American system of government been oriented toward the rule of law rather than oligarchy, toward parliamentary order rather than executive privileges, Trump would have already been removed from office for having violated anything from the emoluments clause to that of de facto and de jure treason. All we can hope for in the interim, we who are neither Nazis nor millionaires, is that Trump, because of his almost supernatural ignorance, can be manipulated by the likes of defense secretary Jim Mattis. But he could just as easily start following his own whims, as he recently did in the U.K. and at the embarrassing Helsinki summit.

In sum, Donald Trump's presidency is as threatening to world order as Adolf Hitler's rise to power in 1933. Domestically by reinvigorating neo-Nazis/white nationalists and the apartheid South, reigniting age-old hatreds, and globally by creating a destabilizing multipolar vacuum as America withdraws.

Lastly, I can see why many instinctively bury their heads in the sand when this topic is brought up, but I reject that approach. As opposed to ostriches, humans should stand tall.
Dorn
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Helen777 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:12 am

Helen777
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby MissWong » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:16 am

Most I think are like myself and could not stand either Trump or Clinton and desperately wanted Sanders elected but when that didn't happen all those who wanted Sanders knew Clinton would not beat Trump and that would be who was elected. Only stating this because you said you are fine with some talk of politics, dreamyskies. But I didn't champion either choices we ended up with.

Hi to Helen in Germany. ^
" I tried to cook something from scratch... and ended up summoning a demon"
MissWong
Ting-Ting
Ting-Ting

Postby cannydreams » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:45 am

Do you know why Bernie Sanders did not fight harder or lodge a complaint when they were attempting and succeeding to push him aside in favor of Hillary Clinton? I would say the ones who moved him out, for her to move in line are ones to blame for the outcome. ( from an outside perspective)
cannydreams
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby dreamyskies » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:48 am

@Dorn, and MissWong

Dorn, firstly, if he is that much of a liability why is there no loophole to remove him and I guess you put the VP in his place, or if they are a problem too then the next in line? Is it coming up on two years? I looked it up and a president does 4 terms, and can be reelected to another 4 terms, plus 2 years? People will riot if that happens?

MIssWong, Why were you positive Clinton would not beat Trump? Because of the narrative, she was getting during campaigning?

@cannydreams, I agree with you if his party shoved him over to make only room for her then that party didn't understand what could actually happen by doing so and are half to blame, you'd think.
dreamyskies
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Amalthea » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:55 pm

Am I the only one who finds it strange in the #MeToo culture that is the president of choice and remains so? I don't really delve into politics but I just find that odd.
Amalthea
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Previous

Return to Rant And Rave