Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Sleeping problem is not like me, PLZ HELP??

Discuss sleep problems, insomnia, sleeping aids/medications, sleep apnea and tips on a better night's sleep. Do you or your mate snore? Do you sleep walk or sleep talk? Do you grind your teeth? Talk about your experiences here.

Sleeping problem is not like me, PLZ HELP??

Postby blabla » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:23 am

It's as if I can't get out of bed. It's been like this for a few months, let up for a couple weeks in the middle. I've been taking that PM ibuprofen for at least a month as a sleeping pill kind of thing, and while I do fall asleep, I can't get up. However, I'm not sure if this is it because I've taken sleeping pills before years ago and never recall having this problem. I know that a month is too long according to the bottle but I've done a lot worse to my body in the past so I didn't really care (yes I have had problems with addiction in the past, so I know this is stupid as f*ck but I was desperate when I started doing it again). Please help me, I just want a regular schedule again.

When the problem started it was actually a problem of being unable to fall asleep. This is something that I've had for years and years. A lot of it is because of stress, and I do have a history of depression. At first I knew that my not getting up was likely because of that, because during the time I was awake I was feeling other symptoms of depression. I started St. John's Wort for depression, but recently stopped because of a serious infection that had to be treated, and I didn't want the herbs to interfere with the antibiotics. Recently, though, I haven't been feeling depressed during the day.

I think I will anyway resume taking St. John's Wort, but can anybody tell me why else I may be having this problem? It's like, I could literally be in bed sleeping all day long if I didn't eventually force myself up. This is not like me at all. I am generally a very early riser.

People who don't know me have suggested it may be sleep apnea, but let me rule that out by telling you that I weigh less than 100 pounds and am average height and in my early 20s. And I don't have an eating disorder, that's just how my body is.

Can someone please help me?
blabla
Dream Child
Dream Child

Re: Sleeping problem is not like me, PLZ HELP??

Postby The Atomic Mango » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:44 am

winter can have this effect on some people. are you a night owl?
I create the whole universe, blink by blink.
The Atomic Mango
Extremely Flammable
Extremely Flammable

Re: Sleeping problem is not like me, PLZ HELP??

Postby sodapopstwobits » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:24 am

I sometimes have sleeping issues if you have an alarm you have used for years it may be time to get a new one for starters. I personally get used to the sound of them and some how my mind learns to tune it out and I over sleep. If you want to set a schedule then be ready to stick with it. When I start having the problem of not having a healthy sleep cycle and have to use aids if I can't get off them after 2 weeks I let my mind and body take over a give control to my conscious by staying awake till I just can't anymore. Its hard on you as you may know already if you have done this before. But once you are at that point where you can't stay awake anymore all you have to do is make it to the time in which you want to sleep by and set the alarm to wake you up. Also keep the alarm some where you have to walk to turn it off. I honestly would not normally recommend doing this as I have had point where I am up for 3 or 4 days at a shot. But if you want off the sedatives this would be one way to do it.
sodapopstwobits
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Sleeping Problems And Disorders