Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

long term sleepwalking/talking

Discuss sleep problems, insomnia, sleeping aids/medications, sleep apnea and tips on a better night's sleep. Do you or your mate snore? Do you sleep walk or sleep talk? Do you grind your teeth? Talk about your experiences here.

long term sleepwalking/talking

Postby skiesgrey » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:52 pm

I was just wondering if anybody was an expert of the parasomnias. shortly after i entered my teen years, I started sleepwalking. mostly, my sister would tell me (we shared a room) that i would wake up crying and start cleaning the room, then go back to bed, or I would find myself awake in different parts of the house, there have been countless episodes, but i'm very curious about this because i'm in college now, but my sleepwalking has not ceased. A couple summers ago, on a family vacation, my mother told me she saw me trying to climb through the hotel window and that she told me to go back to bed of which i dutifully obeyed. the following nights (i was transferred to the hotel bathroom away from danger) i woke up during the episodes once, climbing into the bathtub, the other as i was wandering around the bathroom. it was slightly strange. I have also woken up with an array of things, i woke up in front of my dorm room (this wouldn't be so bad except i sleep au nauturale), i have woken up cuddling with my bedside lamp, and more recently a mirror i pried off my wall. most recently, my roommate said i climbed off the bunkbed where i stood in the middle of the room and screamed. as i climbed back in bed, she implored what was bothering me and all i said was, "Mary, go back to bed." i don't remember any of these episodes. no one in my near or distant family has ever had trouble with this. I'm not really severely bothered by it, but i am curious as to what the theories are about long term sleepwalking.
if it helps any- i've been an avid sleeptalker all my life, and so have both of my siblings.
thanks for stopping by!
skiesgrey
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: long term sleepwalking/talking

Postby Sheena » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:58 pm

The psychoanalytic approach would be to examine what is making you filthy.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Re: long term sleepwalking/talking

Postby Sheena » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:28 pm

jj left out bedbugs.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Sleeping Problems And Disorders