Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Blurred Images in DreamScape

Discuss sleep problems, insomnia, sleeping aids/medications, sleep apnea and tips on a better night's sleep. Do you or your mate snore? Do you sleep walk or sleep talk? Do you grind your teeth? Talk about your experiences here.

Blurred Images in DreamScape

Postby joepegasus » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:08 pm

I post to obtain your opinions on a visualization issue that has come to my attention within dreams and while awake.
Let me set it up so you can understand it. This is an entry for March 9, 2018 (Dream from night sleep of March 8th) direct from my Dream Log. I have kept a dream log since 1967 (my older posts at DreamMoods indicate this also.)
My close and life long friend Artie is now dead, he died in 1996. I am a retired artist and drafter. When I say I can visualize any object, I can. Was my job for over 60 years. For last 4 years I have been on-off invalid due to an accident that busted my spine. "S" refers to a garage apartment I lived in for 13 years in New York. Here is the dream.
March 9, 2018. Cold day – 57 degrees F, low of 39, bright, sunny. Feeling good. Very interesting dream that brought to the fore about an issue only realized around this time. Having spent an entire life at visualization I suddenly realized there is an issue. It has propped up before and, apparently, is common in my mental visuals. Only now is it starting to make me wonder because it is noticeable. It has always been easy for my mind to fully visualize any object and rotate it any which way to view it as wished. However, take note of what happens in this dream with the picture frame. That effect has been there for awhile and is present now.
I am in an upright stance, adrift in a black cloud composed of leaf sized leaf shaped objects, they crowd the dreamscape. The shapes do not infringe any and I do not pay much attention to them. I hear Artie make a vocal sound in order to grab my attention (he often did that) so I turn in his direction. He is smiling, looking like he does in the photo of him at “S.” Holding a cigarette. I notice the thickness of his hair line (forehead) for no special reason. Suddenly the dreamscape, the leaf shapes, form a picture frame around him. This frame is best described as if the dreamscape is liquid and the shape of a frame emerges around Artie. That is to say the frame is not an individual and separate item to itself. It becomes obvious that the bottom half of the right side of the frame and the right side of the bottom of the frame (AKA; 1/4 of the entire frame) is grayed-out. The balance of the frame is vivid, decorative with leaves, etched and golden in color; the grayed-out is smudgy and undefined. Artie is speaking to me or at me. I respond in an automatic fashion while paying attention to the image of the frame. On purpose, and out of curiosity, I mentally rotate the frame. As it moves to the center of my vision while in rotation, I can see the frame perfectly and in its entirety. But every time it moves back into the right side of my vision, it blurs and seems reluctant to hold any construct.
I awake feeling almost healthy, little back pain. Yesterday was first time in 4 years that I felt able to walk, this morning the second. I ponder the dream. Testing my visualization I discover I cannot hold a mental image without the lower quarter, right side of it (regardless of what the object is or on what axis I rotate it.) Referring back through my dream log – as far back as the early 1980s – I do not find this issue. However, recent dreamscapes do have such an issue. And, while reviewing my own thoughts, from time to time yes there is this issue. What does it mean?
joepegasus
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Return to Sleeping Problems And Disorders