Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Insomnia and Vivid Dreams/Location Confusion

Discuss sleep problems, insomnia, sleeping aids/medications, sleep apnea and tips on a better night's sleep. Do you or your mate snore? Do you sleep walk or sleep talk? Do you grind your teeth? Talk about your experiences here.

Insomnia and Vivid Dreams/Location Confusion

Postby jlspeakman » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:21 pm

Hey all, wondering if you could help a gal out.
I have pretty moderate insomnia and have had it for a few years through high school and now college. It is usually cyclical, meaning I will sleep fine for a bit and then have a rough week where I won't sleep for a few days in a row. I gave up on trying to medicate it because it was unsuccessful so I am not currently taking anything (I am also not currently taking medication for my anxiety, depression, or PTSD).
When I do sleep, however, I get very vivid and confusing dreams. A common theme that I am noticing is that in my dreams, real geographical or meaningful places will present themselves but they will be in the wrong place. For example, in my dream I will be in my "childhood home," and I know in the dream that it is my childhood home but the reality is that it is someone else's house or a made up place. Or, I will be in a church in "Nevada," but what I perceived as Nevada is actually where South Dakota should be. I even see maps in some of my dreams, most recently one presented itself and I was drawing a line from "Nevada" to "New York" but the line actually went from South Dakota to around South Carolina. The me in my dreams knows these laws of location to be true and make sense, and I am not confused in my dreams.

Wondering if anyone else experiences this phenomena, and if it might me something to do with insomnia or if it has other relations.
jlspeakman
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Insomnia and Vivid Dreams/Location Confusion

Postby Sheena » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:05 pm

Disorder regards to things you believe should be second nature. Slow down and you will figure it out.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Sleeping Problems And Disorders