Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

People fear sleeping by me?

Discuss sleep problems, insomnia, sleeping aids/medications, sleep apnea and tips on a better night's sleep. Do you or your mate snore? Do you sleep walk or sleep talk? Do you grind your teeth? Talk about your experiences here.

People fear sleeping by me?

Postby fatalenvizion » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:47 am

I have always been an active sleeper. I am 25 and am STILL as active as I was as a kid. I don't sleepwalk as much but it still happens on occasion. I wake up screaming people describe my sleep talking as fluent aphasia or speaking in tongues...I just say a stream of words that don't have anything to do with each other? I am asleep but I sit up and have my eyes open and say weird things a lot...I have also touched myself in my sleep. People have tried to make sure I am awake by asking me to do math problems but I seem to be able to do those in my sleep as well. I scare my bf my rhythmically tapping on the bed while sitting up with my eyes open...Staring... I talk ALL the time! I have VIVID dreams and when I wake up I feel like my brain went for a 5K run. I have been told I seem possessed in my sleep because I have my eyes open and I have a creepy grin on. I am able to move in my sleep which I thought wasn't supposed to happen? I kick and punch people in my sleep as well. I am super confused when I do get woken up by someone and other times I wake myself up talking in my sleep trying to convince someone of something... What is going on here? The weirdest thing about this to me is my eyes are open and I speak random words without any break between words...
fatalenvizion
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: People fear sleeping by me?

Postby lml » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:59 pm

Your condition sounds severe. Most people outgrow sleepwalking and sitting up with eyes open and speaking lucidly in their childhood. That you haven't makes you a bit of a rarity.
I think you need to consider your nightly routine before bedtime: if you're a coffee or tea drinker before bed, these have caffeine and can keep even a sleeping brain active for up to 12 hours.
Certain foods also may have an effect on your brain while you sleep. :candy:
There may be activities or routines you take part in that are also interfering with a healthy night's sleep. :dreams:
A sleep disorder clinic should be able to help you with your situation.
check this video and see if it relates to you at all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0pCLU72Bc0
lml
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: People fear sleeping by me?

Postby Sheena » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:41 pm

RO PTSD.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to Sleeping Problems And Disorders