Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

I have dreams of trying to wake myself up

Discuss sleep problems, insomnia, sleeping aids/medications, sleep apnea and tips on a better night's sleep. Do you or your mate snore? Do you sleep walk or sleep talk? Do you grind your teeth? Talk about your experiences here.

Postby Racerdude » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:02 pm

This usually occurs when I sleep at an irregular time. What happens is I'll be asleep but then I have dreams of me trying to get up, opening my eyes, trying to move etc.What is this? and Why is this happening?

Thanks.
Racerdude
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: I have dreams of trying to wake myself up

Postby lml » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:19 pm

I cant honestly define what is happening. It sounds like an annoying dream you have that or some reasons is interfering with your sleep.
It may be that you are lying in a position the brain doesn't like so it is trying to wake you. :banghead:
It could be a mild form of sleep paralysis - people are semi-conscious but they can't move. Some people have terrible hallucinations that are uncontrollable when this happens.
If it's not especially frightening then I'd live with it. I don't think there's much you can do about t anyway. It's your brain's unique way of processing sleep. :dreams:
lml
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Anitabab » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:09 am

Unfortunately this adjusting thing doesnt work with me. As I understand it, the dream and brain should somehow trigger my consciousness and I should wake up.

Well it doesnt happen. I just sleep through the night and wake up in the morning.

I wonder if you guys can remember your dreams but thanks for suggestions anyway.
Anitabab
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Sleeping Problems And Disorders