Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Al Herpin

Discuss sleep problems, insomnia, sleeping aids/medications, sleep apnea and tips on a better night's sleep. Do you or your mate snore? Do you sleep walk or sleep talk? Do you grind your teeth? Talk about your experiences here.

Al Herpin

Postby otherworlds » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:38 pm

I don't know if I should have put it here or somewhere else, since it doesn't relate to me, but I am interested in the case of Al Herpin and it would be nice for the rest of you to talk about it and share what you think.

Personally, I find it so sad that he never knew what it was to dream, to take a break from life and get away for a few hours... oh, he was a very 24/7 person :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Herpin
otherworlds
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Re: Al Herpin

Postby Scorpio1 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:19 pm

The salient word there is 'claimed.' I am certain that today Herpin would be debunked. I watched a documentary once, about a sleep clinic. People who were positive that they never slept a wink were filmed, and though their sleep was restless, yep, they were snoring away. :)

I don't need normal sleep; that is, I never get tired, and can stay up for two or three nights with no problem. But I do sleep, because I like my trips to other worlds. I can remember what it was like - just about - to feel sleepy, but I no longer have a yawn reflex, etc. (I have tried; I can't yawn).

On earth, humans generally do need sleep. But in the spirit worlds, people don't need sleep. Ever see an angel yawning? :)
Scorpio1
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sheena » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:32 pm

Scorpio1 wrote:I don't need normal sleep; that is, I never get tired, and can stay up for two or three nights with no problem.
This would put you at risk for cardiac disorder.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby operatormike » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:37 am

I tend to agree with
Scorpio1 wrote:The salient word there is 'claimed.' I am certain that today Herpin would be debunked

Regarding not sleeping, one time when I was 16 and camping out with friends, we thought it would be fun and cool to stay up all night.( Up until then, I slept all night normally.)

So, we did.... and besides fatigue the following day, I got a headache. This might not seem earthshaking, but I had never experienced a headache in my life until then. After that, I would get headaches from time to time when stressed.

I think that I lost something that night.

--Op Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
Faith in the future, outta the now
You just can't beat on those mind guerrillas
Absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind
Yeah we're playing those mind games forever---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Return to Sleeping Problems And Disorders