Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Weird Dreams and Overly long hours of sleep.

Discuss sleep problems, insomnia, sleeping aids/medications, sleep apnea and tips on a better night's sleep. Do you or your mate snore? Do you sleep walk or sleep talk? Do you grind your teeth? Talk about your experiences here.

Weird Dreams and Overly long hours of sleep.

Postby GamerGoodies » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Awhile back I had dreams where I am just doing some interesting things, and then suddenly I'm hanging off a cliff or building, then suddenly falling, into a black abyss, but suddenly waking up trying to catch my breath. This is what happens when you have sleep apnea, at least to me anyways, I usually get odd dreams like that.

Now that I have been diagnosed with a severe case of sleep apnea, I got a machine for it, and ever since I got it my dreams have been weird, one I remember in particular being about bounded in hold to where I cannot leave, and people around me saying that I shouldn't "wake up".

Most of the time I wake up, I realize that I sleep for a whopping 12 hours, maybe even more! The highest I slept was around 18 hours, and it's horrible. I truly hate sleeping so long, It messes up your sleep schedule at it's entirely and your brain just doesn't have a polarized sleeping clock. At most times I prefer the night but then all of a sudden I'm awake during the day because I slept too long. Sometimes I'm asleep half a day and wake up half a night. I know there are night owls and early birds. But I'm an owl bird. I have no internal clock, either that or it's broken, and can use some advice on dealing with these odd dreams and sleeping too long.

So, now that I've explained my problem. Do you think there is a way to fix this? I would greatly appreciate the help and advice.

P.S. Alarm clocks work at least 70% of the time, and when they do I wake up to them blairing a half hour later
GamerGoodies
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Weird Dreams and Overly long hours of sleep.

Postby lml » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:22 pm

You need to return to the sleep disorder clinic that diagnosed you with sleep apnea and tell them everything you have written down here. That shouldn't be happening. That may not be the right machine for you.
lml
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to Sleeping Problems And Disorders