Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

--TEETH GRINDER..WHY?--

Discuss sleep problems, insomnia, sleeping aids/medications, sleep apnea and tips on a better night's sleep. Do you or your mate snore? Do you sleep walk or sleep talk? Do you grind your teeth? Talk about your experiences here.

--TEETH GRINDER..WHY?--

Postby oTOMMYo » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:06 am

Iv just been to the dentist and she gave me a mouth guard because i grind my teeth,, is the teeth grinding happening in my sleep because she said wear them in bed?? Don't think my girlfriend would approve but,hey, each to there own....lol,,anyway i was just wondering what could the reason be for this teeth grinding ??? Thank u for reading --oTOMMYo--
oTOMMYo
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Re: --TEETH GRINDER..WHY?--

Postby oTOMMYo » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:22 am

Anyone?
--YOUR NOT A NATURAL, THE MONSTER'S FORCED YOU--
oTOMMYo
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby VenusInChains » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:14 pm

I know I grind my teeth at night when I'm anxious or really stressed out.
Oh well
Whatever
Never mind
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World

Postby RussiaBound25 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 pm

I wear guards as well, it's because you're stressed and it carries over into your sleep, I clench and grind my teeth a lot, I had stopped when I turned 10-11 but it started up again in the last 7 years off and on... Its mostly due to stress from what my dentist has told me a lot of people have this going on and don't really realize it... Trust me you're going to love the mouth guard after a couple weeks esp if you have any pain symptoms
RussiaBound25
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby RussiaBound25 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:29 pm

Just saw when this was posted lol
RussiaBound25
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Balthazar » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:41 am

It's usually caused by some sort of stress.
I used to be a heavy teeth-grinder when I was in kingergarten up until highschool. I was under extreme stress from school, and my frustration with dyslexia and ADHD. School difficulties that nobody understood at the time.
Maybe you're stressed or anxious about something? Sleep Apnea can also be a reason for it.
Balthazar
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

TEETH GRINDER WHY

Postby alexau » Thu May 26, 2016 12:05 pm

It is Chickenjen yet again I am posing this question to everybody, but I guess, especially our dentists on this forum. My dentist told me that I grind my teeth. My dentist will address this problem later on with a mouthguard that I will wear at night.
My question is how can I stop myself from grinding my teeth while I recover from my 9 extractions??? I am VERY WORRIED that I will hurt my recovering teeth and gums if I grind my teeth.
Any suggestions will be welcome.
Thanks,
Jen
alexau
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:44 pm

Repressed rage. Listen to your dentist.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru