Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

insomnia,RLS,sleep apnea,night terrorrs,sexomnia,and more

Discuss sleep problems, insomnia, sleeping aids/medications, sleep apnea and tips on a better night's sleep. Do you or your mate snore? Do you sleep walk or sleep talk? Do you grind your teeth? Talk about your experiences here.

Re: insomnia,RLS,sleep apnea,night terrorrs,sexomnia,and mor

Postby Sigrid » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:31 pm

If your gonna tell us then that's your choice and if not then just tell us that you won't share it so we can get this over with and not leave us hanging :roll:
Superman1 wrote:The more a spoilt little kid is denied its cries for attention, the more it will be forced to look at himself.

Ecclesiastes 1: 18 wrote:For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.
Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby BrooksWindow » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:07 pm

I guess I feel the people that I visit with through this virtual media are for the most part good people
and I also feel that each of us who cross paths along the way leave a part of us with those we meet, good, bad, and indifferent...
and it is up to us to which of those we will let out into the world. I myself care about people and I find I share what I can with those
who ask. DM 's has so many different levels of personal thoughts , dreams, and visions, floating around, some are from people who
really care to make the world a better place, and those that have what I believe to be gifts and care enough to open our eyes about the future
call me gullible but I take people for their word, why would they lie? ( besides the obvious troublemakers of course )
I have shared in other forums a bit of what happened to me when I was in a coma and when my heart had stopped ,
the things I saw and what I felt was just a taste of what happens when we die. and I can without a doubt say there is something that
happens after the body dies. Now this is a discussion that boarders on science and religion, but yet what I felt at the time I left this
body was neither one or the other but both in a manner that we have all wrong. Its beyond any theory man has conjured up
any preacher served on a sunday morning..........and as for the battle over is there a GOD, I can tell you I was aware that something
is inside us and it does go on taking us to another form, but before that happens we are held accountable for every thought and every action
and every one we have ever caused any harm or hurt in any way we will see it, we will be aware and accountable . I was lucky enough to be brought
back to life and to try to do my best. I can tell you that there was no Greater being there judging me at my brief encounter with the hereafter, it was myself
I seem to be the one holding myself accountable I felt disappointment in myself by the images I saw flash before my eyes, all the way into the future I saw the future and what was a direct result of my actions and what they caused in the hearts and the quality of life of the living I left behind.......and it was very uncomfortable. My spirit that still felt like my body was suspended in a darkness that seemed to be endless I felt like I was floating yet I felt as if I was wedged into
glue, empty yet full, it was still and I was aware I was not breathing, I asked where I was, I answered I must be dead......and with that being said my life flashed before my eyes in a way I had never seen it. It is not at all what we perceive our life to be like as we live it at all........the attention to the details is so defined its where we all fail to notice, is the importance! I was aware I was dead, I was aware I was out of my body , I was aware of a greater awareness that we are all apart of and we will return to again someday. and I was aware that how you live your life and the way you make others feel ( your works ) is ever present in the quality of how we die , in death we still feel guilt and shame , all this is what I experienced and felt when my heart stopped and in a coma,
I heard an echo come into my head, and I felt myself being pulled like a magnet down down down until I slammed into my body and when I did hit my body it felt as if I smashed through floors, when it stopped I was trapped inside a body that felt it weighed a ton I could not breath as if I was at the bottom of a pool drowned and lifeless, but I somehow made a noise and ripped the tube out of my mouth , caused a stir with the medical team I heard my daughter yell MOM, MOM', I grabbed her hand she told me I had been in an accident my back was broken 4 vertibrea were shattered and both feet and ankles were shattered
my lungs were punctured and filled with blood, she told me she loved me as I slipped into a coma, I have not had that much luck in life since then as my life did fall apart.
I believe the experience was what I think is the process of dying we all go through and I just experienced a fraction of what was to come
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sigrid » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:02 am

I believe some things like reincarnation and past lives. I terribly want to remember my past life. The person you where before is you. If you have odd scars or have whatever things that you swear was with you ever since you where born was the remnants or "soveignir" of the past. I have a strange big letter "V" in my left hand, middle finger. BEFORE I was born I remember seeing darkness. Just darkness all around me. It was like I was floating but lying down and I asked myself "Am I in hell?" then I dont remember anymore of what happen. Its either I was dreaming or alive again as a different person and when I was a little kid I kept thinking "Am I alive?" over and over everyday and I got annoyed so I told myself "Yes your alive okay? Stop asking that like you just died before". I told this one time to my sis (except the "am I alive?" question) and she said that maybe I was in my mother's womb at that time, no matter how odd that seems I agreed but doubted at the same time. How is it that I know Hell when I was still in "my mother's womb" at that time? And how can I keep asking myself when I was young if I'm alive? A child could never ask a thing at a young age... until I read that VG says that we are not yet dead if we see only darkness and USUALLY its because of coma, accident etc
Superman1 wrote:The more a spoilt little kid is denied its cries for attention, the more it will be forced to look at himself.

Ecclesiastes 1: 18 wrote:For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.
Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby Sigrid » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:24 am

AT least you know that your not the only one who "died"

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby Sigrid » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:39 am

I was supposed to be dead, i should have stayed dead

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby Sigrid » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:41 am

I was supposed to be dead, i should have stayed dead

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby puppyjill » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:56 am

:) I dont want to get religious, god gave us free will. Were gonna make mistakes an screw up sometimes. I dont feel were born bad, but we make those choices ourselves. My son who is 16 says he remembers when he was born, i dont know how. I know this my poppy died during heart surgery an he saw some after life stuff. The tunnel an bright lights, an he saw past on family too.
Resistance is futile, the world as we know is forever gone.
Fear not for a hero will arise.
puppyjill
Momma
Momma

Postby BrooksWindow » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:23 pm

:eat:
Last edited by BrooksWindow on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BrooksWindow » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:37 pm

Jiru wrote:I was supposed to be dead, i should have stayed dead

i am glad your alive Jiru!! :hugs:
Last edited by BrooksWindow on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Freya_Nightmist » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:13 am

You guys really aim for the feels now
Free will is but an illusion, Do not pursue such poison!
Profile picture: Drawn by me
Reference: Crophecy's Maria Clara Deviantart
Freya_Nightmist
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sigrid » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:44 am

stay to being inactive, Freya :roll:

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby The World-Eater » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:07 am

Freya_Nightmist wrote:You guys really aim for the feels now

Dem feels!
The World-Eater
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BrooksWindow » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:35 pm

ok Freya, what do you mean by ''aim for the feels''? i dont get it?
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Freya_Nightmist » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:16 am

Like you guys really go on to your problems and sharing them.. them feels duddette! Makes me realize that I never really known any of you, all of you
Free will is but an illusion, Do not pursue such poison!
Profile picture: Drawn by me
Reference: Crophecy's Maria Clara Deviantart
Freya_Nightmist
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sigrid » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:49 pm

And the fact that you don't really know who you really are (talking about past lives)

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby BrooksWindow » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:22 am

You are what you are,
You can't change that
Be yourself and
do what you do best...
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sigrid » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:35 pm

:cry:

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby BrooksWindow » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:47 pm

why the sad look jiru?
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sigrid » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:40 pm

Because if I only remembered my past lives then maybe I would know or understand more about myself

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby puppyjill » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:07 pm

:? Thats a good idea, Jiru. i would love to know who i was in the 17- 18 hundreds. I took that stuped past life on line quiz to see who i was, i guess i was some sort of magic medicine man in mexico in the 1500s.
puppyjill
Momma
Momma

Postby Sigrid » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:27 pm

puppyjill wrote::? Thats a good idea, Jiru. i would love to know who i was in the 17- 18 hundreds. I took that stuped past life on line quiz to see who i was, i guess i was some sort of magic medicine man in mexico in the 1500s.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I conclude that I'm some kind of royal 'cuz I'm quiet appropriate and seems to be good in speaking formal english...
then again, I always wonder if I was a bit sane though...
People have more than 1 past lives, sometimes we where probably animals in our past lives.... (I have awfully sharp canines)

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby BrooksWindow » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:23 am

dont you wonder if we did have pasts lives , why dont we remember them so we could apply the learned lessons toward the next life? :shock: :shock:
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sauron » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:02 am

I don't really believe in past lives, but that's just me.

On a side note: Glad to see you're still on DM, Brooks. :blowingkisses:
Sauron
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sigrid » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:04 am

Screw this, no matter how much I press the quote button it wont quote.

Anyways Brooks, I dont know why most of us forget our past lives, only a lucky few does which results to many people not believing in it 'cuz they dont "remember" it. Perhaps before you died you wished that you never want to remember or not. Either way, I know VG has an answer to this, I also think that VG knows that all of us has past lives, hopefully its also the center of MOEE since nothing out of MOEE does VG knows

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby BrooksWindow » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:46 am

Jiru wrote:What kind of apnea?

obstructive sleep apnea, this is when the airways become blocked, The obstruction can happen anywhere in the upper airway or respiratory path, but usually is within the back of the mouth or throat, a person may have one or more points of obstruction, including the nose. Apnea events happen more often in lighter NREM stages and especially in REM sleep.

You mentioned you sleep on your back causing you to have troubles, one thing you might want to try is sewing a tennis ball into your night shirt so you wont be able lay on your back :)
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BrooksWindow » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:16 am

Exploding head syndrome
An episode of exploding head syndrome would feel something like this, Your laying in bed about to drift into slumberland, when you hear a great noise, like a pair of giant cymbals clapped behind your head, or more like in your head, it jolts you awake, you look around the room but theres nothing there...so you drift back into dreamland when suddenly a car back fires in your ears. ...and continues throught the night
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sigrid » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:28 am

Abd I would think that is just coincidence. I had a trouble once, everytime I'm about to sleep I would sudeny realised I'm about to sleep and I end up waking up and I think I finally slept at 12 or more.
Alright, last night and a prev. nights before. My back would suddenly twitch everytime I'm about to sleep. I don't know if it's a problem, coincidence etc. I do have a little trouble from my back but nohing serious

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby BrooksWindow » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:00 am

thats a perfect time to begin a lucid dream jiru, when you relize your almost asleep imagine yourself floating above your bed higher and higher youll see your room and bed way down below it will look very small, from there step out into whatever your mind wants to do......fly !!! thats what i do . i love to fly in my dreams
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BrooksWindow » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:03 am

Sauron wrote:I don't really believe in past lives, but that's just me.

On a side note: Glad to see you're still on DM, Brooks. :blowingkisses:

:heartpump: back at ya my friend !!! :wave:
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sigrid » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:12 am

BrooksWindow wrote:thats a perfect time to begin a lucid dream jiru, when you relize your almost asleep imagine yourself floating above your bed higher and higher youll see your room and bed way down below it will look very small, from there step out into whatever your mind wants to do......fly !!! thats what i do . i love to fly in my dreams

That doesn't help, whenever I try to imagine at my will, I end up not able to sleep...

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby puppyjill » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:08 am

:D I dreamed i was in an eagles body once. I was flying threw a huge winding valley, it had eagles nests on every cliff. At first i was afraid i would fall but i soared an cought the wind it was pretty awsome.
puppyjill
Momma
Momma

Postby BrooksWindow » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:01 pm

I bet that was cool pup! it would be way fun to soar with our feathered friends.....i saw a video of a flock of birds that were doing beautiful dancing together there were thousands of them ! it was amazing!
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sigrid » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:20 pm

Interesting...

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

Postby BrooksWindow » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:30 am

[*][img]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd2iiVBtj4w[/img]

these are those birds ..its amazing
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby The World-Eater » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:46 pm

BrooksWindow wrote:[*][img]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd2iiVBtj4w[/img]

Them birds must be Crebain from Dunland.
The World-Eater
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby raymond1234 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:39 pm

BrooksWindow wrote:[*][img]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd2iiVBtj4w[/img]

how do they communicate with each other and know which way to turn ?
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BrooksWindow » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:13 am

this video is way cool

[*]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XH-groCeKbE

These are Starlings, they are seen all over the world and this is what they do everyday ...60,000 and then some,, amazing!! Raymon, researchers say that they are all in sync somehow, and within this dance is the way they find a mate....i just want to know how they can fly head on into each other and not get hit.......not one bird falls from the sky!!
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby DarkStarlet » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:52 pm

BrooksWindow wrote:this video is way cool

[*]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XH-groCeKbE

These are Starlings, they are seen all over the world and this is what they do everyday ...60,000 and then some,, amazing!! Raymon, researchers say that they are all in sync somehow, and within this dance is the way they find a mate....i just want to know how they can fly head on into each other and not get hit.......not one bird falls from the sky!!

Yes. Very impressive video. One always wonders how they just don't crash into each other?!?!
DarkStarlet

Postby BrooksWindow » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:05 am

i wish i would'nt fight going to bed .....just don't want to miss anything
like what ? paint drying ? :blockhead:
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sauron » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Watching paint dry will probably force you into a sleeping state, Brooks.
Sauron
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BrooksWindow » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:45 am

there you are !!! ive been thinking about you !! :hugs:
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sauron » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:12 am

BrooksWindow wrote:there you are !!! ive been thinking about you !! :hugs:

Sorry, I haven't been online in some time. Good to see you. :blowingkisses:
Sauron
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BrooksWindow » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:06 pm

Oh I haven't been online much myself... my life has just taken a crazy turn , kinda in a funk lately.
How is life going for you my friend? hope all is fantabulous !! :dancing:
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BrooksWindow » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:08 pm

REM SLEEP BEHAVIOR DISORDER
A bizarre and violent dream enactment
INSOMNIA
blurry-eyed nights
OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA
suffocating repeatedly in your sleep
RESTLESS LEGS SYNDROME
the agony of jittery drowsiness
HYPERSOMNIA EXCESSIVE SLEEPINESS
daytime dysfunction
CIRCADIAN-RHYTHM DISORDER
timing is everything
CONFUSIONAL AROUSALS
and the crush of morning sleep inertia
SLEEP WALKING
the twilight state
ABNORMAL SLEEPSEX
unknowing cruel intimacy
SLEEP-RELATED BINGE EATING
relentless loss of control
SLEEP TERRORS
the night the ghosts got scared
SLEEP PARALYSIS
trapped inside a scary place
NOCTURNAL DISSOCIATIVE DISORDERS
lost children as adults
PARASOMNIA
shadows of obstructive sleep apnea
SLEEP TALKING
disruptive chatter and obscene shouting
PARASOMNIA POTPOURRI
nocturnal groaning, exploding head syndrome, sleep laughing....

We spend more than 200,000 hours sleeping in a lifetime, the equivalent of more than 8,000 days, yet research has only just begun to decode the mysteries behind what really happens when we sleep-and what can go wrong. parasomnias mysterious, extreme sleep disorders that effect at least 20 million
lets talk about them..........and the solutions to the problems
:dreams: Peace
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BrooksWindow » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Russian Sleep Experiment .......

I stumbled across this story one day online, .....
.... A very scary ''Urban legend'' from Creepypasta wiki.com
This is very graphic and very gross......Please,, If you don't like horror movies please DO NOT READ !

Russian researchers in the late 1940s kept five people awake for fifteen days using an experimental gas based stimulant. They were kept in a sealed environment to carefully monitor their oxygen intake so the gas didn't kill them, since it was toxic in high concentrations. This was before closed circuit cameras so they had only microphones and 5 inch thick glass porthole sized windows into the chamber to monitor them. The chamber was stocked with books, cots to sleep on but no bedding, running water and toilet, and enough dried food to last all five for over a month.

The test subjects were political prisoners deemed enemies of the state during World War II.

Everything was fine for the first five days; the subjects hardly complained having been promised (falsely) that they would be freed if they submitted to the test and did not sleep for 30 days. Their conversations and activities were monitored and it was noted that they continued to talk about increasingly traumatic incidents in their past, and the general tone of their conversations took on a darker aspect after the 4 day mark.

After five days they started to complain about the circumstances and events that lead them to where they were and started to demonstrate severe paranoia. They stopped talking to each other and began alternately whispering to the microphones and one way mirrored portholes. Oddly they all seemed to think they could win the trust of the experimenters by turning over their comrades, the other subjects in captivity with them. At first the researchers suspected this was an effect of the gas itself...

After nine days the first of them started screaming. He ran the length of the chamber repeatedly yelling at the top of his lungs for 3 hours straight, he continued attempting to scream but was only able to produce occasional squeaks. The researchers postulated that he had physically torn his vocal cords. The most surprising thing about this behavior is how the other captives reacted to it... or rather didn't react to it. They continued whispering to the microphones until the second of the captives started to scream. The 2 non-screaming captives took the books apart, smeared page after page with their own feces and pasted them calmly over the glass portholes. The screaming promptly stopped.

So did the whispering to the microphones.

After 3 more days passed. The researchers checked the microphones hourly to make sure they were working, since they thought it impossible that no sound could be coming with 5 people inside. The oxygen consumption in the chamber indicated that all 5 must still be alive. In fact it was the amount of oxygen 5 people would consume at a very heavy level of strenuous exercise. On the morning of the 14th day the researchers did something they said they would not do to get a reaction from the captives, they used the intercom inside the chamber, hoping to provoke any response from the captives they were afraid were either dead or vegetables.

They announced: "We are opening the chamber to test the microphones; step away from the door and lie flat on the floor or you will be shot. Compliance will earn one of you your immediate freedom."

To their surprise they heard a single phrase in a calm voice response: "We no longer want to be freed."

Debate broke out among the researchers and the military forces funding the research. Unable to provoke any more response using the intercom it was finally decided to open the chamber at midnight on the fifteenth day.

The chamber was flushed of the stimulant gas and filled with fresh air and immediately voices from the microphones began to object. 3 different voices began begging, as if pleading for the life of loved ones to turn the gas back on. The chamber was opened and soldiers sent in to retrieve the test subjects. They began to scream louder than ever, and so did the soldiers when they saw what was inside. Four of the five subjects were still alive, although no one could rightly call the state that any of them in 'life.'

The food rations past day 5 had not been so much as touched. There were chunks of meat from the dead test subject's thighs and chest stuffed into the drain in the center of the chamber, blocking the drain and allowing 4 inches of water to accumulate on the floor. Precisely how much of the water on the floor was actually blood was never determined. All four 'surviving' test subjects also had large portions of muscle and skin torn away from their bodies. The destruction of flesh and exposed bone on their finger tips indicated that the wounds were inflicted by hand, not with teeth as the researchers initially thought. Closer examination of the position and angles of the wounds indicated that most if not all of them were self-inflicted.

The abdominal organs below the ribcage of all four test subjects had been removed. While the heart, lungs and diaphragm remained in place, the skin and most of the muscles attached to the ribs had been ripped off, exposing the lungs through the ribcage. All the blood vessels and organs remained intact, they had just been taken out and laid on the floor, fanning out around the eviscerated but still living bodies of the subjects. The digestive tract of all four could be seen to be working, digesting food. It quickly became apparent that what they were digesting was their own flesh that they had ripped off and eaten over the course of days.

Most of the soldiers were Russian special operatives at the facility, but still many refused to return to the chamber to remove the test subjects. They continued to scream to be left in the chamber and alternately begged and demanded that the gas be turned back on, lest they fall asleep...

To everyone's surprise the test subjects put up a fierce fight in the process of being removed from the chamber. One of the Russian soldiers died from having his throat ripped out, another was gravely injured by having his testicles ripped off and an artery in his leg severed by one of the subject's teeth. Another 5 of the soldiers lost their lives if you count ones that committed suicide in the weeks following the incident.

In the struggle one of the four living subjects had his spleen ruptured and he bled out almost immediately. The medical researchers attempted to sedate him but this proved impossible. He was injected with more than ten times the human dose of a morphine derivative and still fought like a cornered animal, breaking the ribs and arm of one doctor. When heart was seen to beat for a full two minutes after he had bled out to the point there was more air in his vascular system than blood. Even after it stopped he continued to scream and flail for another 3 minutes, struggling to attack anyone in reach and just repeating the word "MORE" over and over, weaker and weaker, until he finally fell silent.

The surviving three test subjects were heavily restrained and moved to a medical facility, the two with intact vocal cords continuously begging for the gas demanding to be kept awake...

The most injured of the three was taken to the only surgical operating room that the facility had. In the process of preparing the subject to have his organs placed back within his body it was found that he was effectively immune to the sedative they had given him to prepare him for the surgery. He fought furiously against his restraints when the anesthetic gas was brought out to put him under. He managed to tear most of the way through a 4 inch wide leather strap on one wrist, even through the weight of a 200 pound soldier holding that wrist as well. It took only a little more anesthetic than normal to put him under, and the instant his eyelids fluttered and closed, his heart stopped. In the autopsy of the test subject that died on the operating table it was found that his blood had triple the normal level of oxygen. His muscles that were still attached to his skeleton were badly torn and he had broken 9 bones in his struggle to not be subdued. Most of them were from the force his own muscles had exerted on them.

The second survivor had been the first of the group of five to start screaming. His vocal cords destroyed he was unable to beg or object to surgery, and he only reacted by shaking his head violently in disapproval when the anesthetic gas was brought near him. He shook his head yes when someone suggested, reluctantly, they try the surgery without anesthetic, and did not react for the entire 6 hour procedure of replacing his abdominal organs and attempting to cover them with what remained of his skin. The surgeon presiding stated repeatedly that it should be medically possible for the patient to still be alive. One terrified nurse assisting the surgery stated that she had seen the patients mouth curl into a smile several times, whenever his eyes met hers.

When the surgery ended the subject looked at the surgeon and began to wheeze loudly, attempting to talk while struggling. Assuming this must be something of drastic importance the surgeon had a pen and pad fetched so the patient could write his message. It was simple. "Keep cutting."

The other two test subjects were given the same surgery, both without anesthetic as well. Although they had to be injected with a paralytic for the duration of the operation. The surgeon found it impossible to perform the operation while the patients laughed continuously. Once paralyzed the subjects could only follow the attending researchers with their eyes. The paralytic cleared their system in an abnormally short period of time and they were soon trying to escape their bonds. The moment they could speak they were again asking for the stimulant gas. The researchers tried asking why they had injured themselves, why they had ripped out their own guts and why they wanted to be given the gas again.

Only one response was given: "I must remain awake."

All three subject's restraints were reinforced and they were placed back into the chamber awaiting determination as to what should be done with them. The researchers, facing the wrath of their military 'benefactors' for having failed the stated goals of their project considered euthanizing the surviving subjects. The commanding officer, an ex-KGB instead saw potential, and wanted to see what would happen if they were put back on the gas. The researchers strongly objected, but were overruled.

In preparation for being sealed in the chamber again the subjects were connected to an EEG monitor and had their restraints padded for long term confinement. To everyone's surprise all three stopped struggling the moment it was let slip that they were going back on the gas. It was obvious that at this point all three were putting up a great struggle to stay awake. One of subjects that could speak was humming loudly and continuously; the mute subject was straining his legs against the leather bonds with all his might, first left, then right, then left again for something to focus on. The remaining subject was holding his head off his pillow and blinking rapidly. Having been the first to be wired for EEG most of the researchers were monitoring his brain waves in surprise. They were normal most of the time but sometimes flat lined inexplicably. It looked as if he were repeatedly suffering brain death, before returning to normal. As they focused on paper scrolling out of the brainwave monitor only one nurse saw his eyes slip shut at the same moment his head hit the pillow. His brainwaves immediately changed to that of deep sleep, then flatlined for the last time as his heart simultaneously stopped.

The only remaining subject that could speak started screaming to be sealed in now. His brainwaves showed the same flatlines as one who had just died from falling asleep. The commander gave the order to seal the chamber with both subjects inside, as well as 3 researchers. One of the named three immediately drew his gun and shot the commander point blank between the eyes, then turned the gun on the mute subject and blew his brains out as well.

He pointed his gun at the remaining subject, still restrained to a bed as the remaining members of the medical and research team fled the room. "I won't be locked in here with these things! Not with you!" he screamed at the man strapped to the table. "WHAT ARE YOU?" he demanded. "I must know!"

The subject smiled.

"Have you forgotten so easily?" The subject asked. "We are you. We are the madness that lurks within you all, begging to be free at every moment in your deepest animal mind. We are what you hide from in your beds every night. We are what you sedate into silence and paralysis when you go to the nocturnal haven where we cannot tread."

The researcher paused. Then aimed at the subject's heart and fired. The EEG flatlined as the subject weakly choked out, "So... nearly... free..."
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BrooksWindow » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:16 pm

Considering that people will spend on the average 25 years of their lives asleep, and yet we know so little about what goes on after the lights go off, almost like our awake selves and our sleeping selves are two separate being living in alternate dimensions, never catching more then a passing glimpse of each other. Most people don't seem very curious or concerned about things until things go wrong or even very very wrong. Maybe it's that they can't fall asleep, or can't wake up, or find chocolate syrup and raw noodles in their hair in the morning. Or just pummeled their spouse with their legs...One may look like nothing much is happening when asleep, but there is a complicated chain of events going on in the brain and that chain is vital to our overall health. so lets see what normal sleep looks like........
The stages of sleep........
There are two basic types of sleep: non-rapid eye movement ( NREM )
and rapid eye movement (REM ). NREM sleep has four stages, and REM sleep is one stage, so together, they comprise five important stages of sleep that cycle throughout the night.
Stage 1 (NREM)
This is the hazy stage when you're just falling asleep, it is very light sleep, and it's easily disrupted if you awaken from stage 1 sleep , you dont even know you were asleep
your alpha rhythm 8-12 cycles per second seen with eyes closed during relaxed wakefulness, is reduced to less than 50 % of total brain wave activity. your muscle tone becomes relaxed your eyes slowly roll back and forth. you may experience sudden muscle contractions (hypnic jerks) that jolt you awake, sometimes with the sensation you were falling. Your brain activity is dominated by Theta waves which run at 4 to 7 cycles per second. This stage usually lasts less than 10 minutes. (in a normal sleep cycle)
To successfully enter sleep a person must be able to disengage from wakefulness while being able to engage in sleep, a necessary two-step, mind-brain-body process

Stage 2 (NREM)
This stage is generally the baseline of sleep, the clear cut starting point. In stage 2 you're still in a moderately light sleep, and fairly easy to arouse. but your heart rate slows down and your temperature drops to prepare for deeper sleep to come , In sleep lab studies brain activity measured by scalp electrodes will show mixed waves slower waves and bursts faster waves called sleep spindles and also a brain wave pattern known as 'k- complexes', they look like the letter 'k'. Sleep spindles and k-complexes are hallmarks of stage 2 sleep. As an adult you'll spend about half of your total sleep time in stage 2

stage 3 (NREM)
Now you transition down to slow wave sleep or delta sleep, between 20 and 50 % of this stage is made up of high voltage, slow- wave activity known as Delta waves which run at 1 to 3 cycles per second

stage 4 (NREM )
it is a common misconception that REM sleep is the deepest sleep. actually, stage 4 NREM is the deepest sleep, closely followed by stage 3.
When you're sleep deprived your body craves delta sleep and will try to make up for lost time by getting you to stage 4 faster and keeping you there longer. When people say that someone is out like a light or in a deep sleep the person is in stage 3 or 4. From here they are very difficult to wake someone. This is the stage from which sleep terrors and sleep walking are most likely to occur. stage 4 is also the stage where the body does most of it's repair work.

REM sleep
This stage is named after its most easily seen marker, rapid eye movement ...In this stage rapid bursts of eye flutters and back and forth movements in conjunction with dreams. This is the stage the most vivid and prolonged dreaming occurs. The brain is highly active, and looks like activity of a awake brain on charts, but your body is paralyzed Your muscles, your ancillary muscles are shut down, this inhibition originates in the lower brain to keep us from acting out our dreams. Your heart rate picks up; blood flow to the brain increases ; respiration becomes erratic, faster, shallower,with increased oxygen consumption metabolic increases, sexual arousal occurs with men developing erections and women clitoral engorgement and blood pressure rises. REM is thought to be especially important in learning and memory processing you are awakened much more easily in REM than stage 3 and 4 . about 20 to 25 % of an adults total sleep time is spent in REM stage
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BrooksWindow » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:31 pm

it's normal to have brief awakenings during the night, particularly during the later cycles, around the transitions to and from REM sleep.
With any luck, you won't remember these awakenings because they only may only last a few seconds.
once we are asleep, there are other rhythms that play a key role in the timing of our sleep- the circadian rhythms.
The earth completes a rotation on it's axis once every 24 hours, and as humans we are built to respond to that rotation, scheduling our daily needs and tasks at appropriate times according to our environment , so that we are awake when there is daylight and we are asleep after the sun has set, and there is darkness. Circadian gets its meaning from the latin roots ''circa'' meaning 'about and ''dies'' meaning ''day'', so a circadian rhythm is the cycle of ''about a day''. It's governed by your suprachiasmatic nucleus which resides in the hypothalamus region of the brain, situated in the area just behind the eyes. Commonly referred to as an internal biological clock and this is what rules your body's natural programming, and it's adapt to the 24 -hour day- night cycle. as it picks up cues from the retina at the back of our eyes to determine when it's daytime and when it's night, it then passes messages around to other parts of the brain and body to direct the appropriate schedule for producing hormones, eating, and sleeping and other vital functions. It determines when the hormone melatonin should be released from the pineal gland in the center of the brain-- turned on at night and shut down during the day--to help us sleep at the appropriate times.
People become keenly aware of their circadian rhythms when they attempt to change their sleeping patterns rapidly , for example if you've just taken a trip to a different time zone, you've undoubtedly experienced jet lag, this is because the resetting the internal clock is not a fast process . It can take several days, even weeks for the body to get adjusted to the new cues for night and day. And during that time you will probably feel sleepy and foggy and maybe irritable . Night - shift workers and those who's shifts change from week to week from night to day or day to day can also butt heads with their internal clocks. The body does not want us to just pick any 8 hours for sleep it wants us to sleep in tune with the proper cues. We're made to feel alert when the daylight hits and get sleepy when it's dark outside.
Although you can psychologically get used to a schedule that falls outside of these patterns, you'll still be fighting your biological clock and be at risk for various health problems, which over the long run could include being at increased risk for depression, heart disease, and metabolic disorders.
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby BrooksWindow » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:54 am

So I ate a whole 8x8 pan of brownies last night in my sleep...... chocolate crumbs everywhere, , :bored:
BrooksWindow
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sauron » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:07 pm

Now I'm hungry!
Sauron
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sigrid » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:49 pm

Brooks, can you tell me how you can tell if you're having sleep paralysis?

Do you:

- feel like there's a kind of feeling that seems to pound on you

- paralized but awake? In my case, I cant open my eyes. For some reason, my eyelids are too heavy (I know I'm sleepy but even my eyelids are too heavy! Last time, I was halfway in opening my eyes but before I knew it, I had my eyes closed back and I even forgot what I was doing even if I was panicking!)

- Hard time breathing

- Last time I have sleep paralysis, it was raining outside but to me, it sounded like there are people laughing at me and since I cant open my eyes, all I see was darkness so imagine you're fright when you can only see darkness and what you thought was people laughing at you everywhere

I think I had sleep paralysis last night (I think it was somewhere in 1-3 AM cuz I almost forgot that I even had another episode!) Anyways, I suddenly woke up for no reason but I cant open my eyes again and I heard 'voices' around me like it was angry and I was so scared that I called out for help to God and prayed Our Father until I dozzed off like nothing happened (I don't usually doze off when I have sleep paralysis cuz it keeps me up all night)

Anyways, I haven't had another episode for MONTHS ever since I stopped sleeping on my back but at that night, it felt like something was wrong, maybe that was why I called out and prayed to God and I kept feeling that something like a pulse or urge thingy (I cant really describe it) that SEEMINGLY makes me paralize or can't open or think righ i.e disoriented. Or something like that.

Anyways, on my previous episodes, I also tried calming down to move my arms which worked but after a few seconds, the paralysis came back! Weird... I also tried calming down last night but there was that feeling (scared?) that I should just call out to God or pray instead.

Anyways, the point is. Do you feel anything aside the hard time to breathe? What is its symptoms?

Sometimes, I think I read too much paranormal stories... sorry for mispellings but I'm in a hurry.

Sigrid
Shadow
Shadow

PreviousNext

Return to Sleeping Problems And Disorders