Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Medication to stop dreaming?

Discuss sleep problems, insomnia, sleeping aids/medications, sleep apnea and tips on a better night's sleep. Do you or your mate snore? Do you sleep walk or sleep talk? Do you grind your teeth? Talk about your experiences here.

Medication to stop dreaming?

Postby LA1Solo » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:39 am

Anyone here know of med's to stop dreaming? I am a precog dreamer and need some down time, like a few nights a week without dreams.
LA1Solo
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Medication to stop dreaming?

Postby VenusInChains » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:12 am

I know marijuana does something to your REM sleep, and you are less likely to have dreams if at all. Although when some people stop using it they have more intense dreams. Can't say what it will do for your precog dreams.
Oh well
Whatever
Never mind
VenusInChains
Out Of This World
Out Of This World

Postby saam albert » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:12 am

VenusInChains wrote:I know marijuana does something to your REM sleep, and you are less likely to have dreams if at all. Although when some people stop using it they have more intense dreams. Can't say what it will do for your precog dreams.

I think marijuana itself cause euphoria....a state of well-being.....that is itself a dream.
saam albert
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby ThunderbirdDreams » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:02 pm

I have had that experience with poor recall of dreams in phases of smoking marijuana, but only when it's lots of marijuana, and not reliably, as in it's not guaranteed to cause me not to remember my dreams (or not dream, as another has indicated could be happening - whichever the case may be - I'm certainly not an expert). Also, the effect of dampening my dreams/dream recall doesn't tend to last more than a month, if that long.

I've also found recently that Lyrica, which was prescribed for chronic neuromuscular pain, has definitely interfered with my dreaming. I thought it was dreaming itself, then realized it might be recall, then suddenly, as I contemplated that throughout the day and acknowledged that I do want to dream and to remember my dreams, poof, they are back. Tonight is the final "levelling up" of the dosage, so we'll see if that changes anything.

If you want, you could express to your higher self/higher power/dream mind (however it is you roll in that respect), that you wish to have a break - that even though you respect/appreciate/value (if you do) your dreams, that you sincerely want some time off, and want only to be dreaming/recalling if it's vital to you to know the information you're receiving.

I precog as well, though lately not so much, and for a period of time I was "travelling ahead" (as I was told I was doing) to the most random things, like I'd recognize the lady at the coffee shop cause I'd dreamed of her, or someone on a bus, or snippets of conversations, etc. I found that putting up those boundaries/requests really helped. And someone I used to talk to about dreaming also told me that I had anxiety/fear/control issues (ahem... is true...), and that I was worrying so hard about the future that I was showing up there, almost like scouting ahead. We talked about reassuring myself that no matter what happens, I'm gonna be okay, and shifting my focus to my ability to respond awesomely, no matter what happens, rather than trying to know everything, to have a sense of safety. It's been so helpful, and actually helped me build a lot of confidence and calm in daily life, though I admit, I miss my precog dreams - I had a sense of being extra special for having dreamed ahead.
ThunderbirdDreams
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:42 pm

10000 g Seconal will stop it for good.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Dankore » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:42 am

Marijuana can be of different kinds. There is marijuana which relaxes and promotes a good sleep.
Dankore
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 am

This type of promotion is exactly why cannabis should not be legalized.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:31 pm

Staisha wrote:I think that everyone has his own opinion about the legalization of marijuana.
This is the favorite dodge of GenY. They have no values, and are averse to anyone else who does, so they intolerantly insist on total relativism and are about nothing.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Medication to stop dreaming

Postby inpuri » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:08 pm

I was curious as to how long the Sportster can sit at a stop light at idle without moving, or how slow is too slow to move at in bumper to bumper traffic?

What are the consequnces of sitting too long?
http://fuerteventura-tipps.eu/
inpuri
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Belladonna13 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:42 am

Pamelor is dream suppressant. I used to take because of night terrors that were caused by another medication.
Belladonna13
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Irvinar » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:45 am

Well I was using Pamelor, but I think that you need to visit doctor for recipe and recomendation
Irvinar
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Sleeping Problems And Disorders