Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Half dreams, sleep paralysis, anxiety

Discuss sleep problems, insomnia, sleeping aids/medications, sleep apnea and tips on a better night's sleep. Do you or your mate snore? Do you sleep walk or sleep talk? Do you grind your teeth? Talk about your experiences here.

Half dreams, sleep paralysis, anxiety

Postby shamandreams » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:05 pm

This has happened for a quite while for about 3-4 years now. Asking for help now because it's really getting worse and I have sometimes trouble sleeping.

Sometimes I'm in these "half dream" states where I feel like I'm not fully in the dream. There's different kinds, but I can always feel the bed under me, and I feel my body move. I might bend my body to the point where only my head and feet touch the bed. Usually there's also strong anxiety involved, once even euphoria. The dreams consist of not pictures but of feelings and thoughts.
Few times lately when I had staid awake for long time (24-36 hours) things have been worse to the point my sleep would get really disturbed for most of the night. I had also trouble falling asleep actually, despite being tired. Everytime I would try to sleep, the ticking of the clock would start to sound very loud and sharp. I wanted to throw it out of the window. (I have misophonia, ahaha.)
Theres other random occurrences when I hear a sound from reality while asleep, but it transforms into something else that makes me feel anxious.

Then there is the sleep paralysis/hypnapompia/hypnagogia.
It all started one night when I saw a shadow person enter my body from above, I felt dirty after waking up.
All of these next ones have happened in a half a year:
One time, it was holding me down but I got rid of it by saying really ugly words to it and by giving it a finger. :D Afterwards there was a heavenly feeling, I wasn't scared at all.
Another time I saw a figure of black and white static standing next to my bed, I closed my eyes, turned around and went back to sleep.
And last time I could feel and hear the presence in the room, I told it to go away but then it jumped on me, I could feel the touch and weight. u_u
There's also stuff where I actually only hear stuff when waking up, I can move. I can hear an animal of sort walking in the room.

I have also random bruises usually on my legs so I think I might hurt myself too while asleep but I cannot remember it.

There was this weird occurrence one night, my tongue would keep clicking and wake me up, it was so annoying. WHAT IS THAT?

My father has very bad hypnagogia.. Something dragged him from his bed by his feet, two times..
But, let's not get any deeper into that and the fact that I once tried a sort of spiritism, I want to hear any scientific explanations before I start the exorcism. :D

Last night I really felt like I was losing my mind, I felt very disoriented, anxious and sad. Lately I've also had dreams where I can't move properly or think properly, I feel so disoriented and detached from the "reality" and myself. Could it be that these things are actually reflecting my current mental health and I'm actually gonna hit psychosis some day? I feel that it would be possible.
shamandreams
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Half dreams, sleep paralysis, anxiety

Postby Lml01 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:29 am

Sounds like those weird succubus dreams where people dream that horrible creatures land on their bodies and hold them down, making it hard for them to breathe. Interesting that your father has them too. Maybe theres a genetic aspect to this type of dream. Go to a sleep disorder clinic and get their help. THis one is too big to handle on your own. :creeping:
Lml01
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to Sleeping Problems And Disorders