Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

what is this

Discuss sleep problems, insomnia, sleeping aids/medications, sleep apnea and tips on a better night's sleep. Do you or your mate snore? Do you sleep walk or sleep talk? Do you grind your teeth? Talk about your experiences here.

what is this

Postby hummingangel » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:21 am

I have been experiencing this strange thing for a few months now. I am asleep when I believe I am dead. I "wake" up and believe I am dead that my bedroom is just a place like Hell or Heaven and that I am actually dead. It takes me a few minutes for me to realize that I am actually not dead. Another thing is I was sleep and dreamed that my child was dead. I "woke" up and felt her chest and believed that she was dead and she wasn't breathing so I started panicking and shook her awake. then I came to and realized she was fine. Last thing is that sometimes I will see images on the wall or people before I go to sleep. I wish I knew if I was fully awake or sleep and how to stop this. I don't like feeling like I am dead or my child is dead. I become extremely frightened. I used to think that zzzquil was causing it so i stopped taking it but the "dreams" have continued. i don't drink alcohol before sleeping. please help.
hummingangel
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: what is this

Postby operatormike » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:37 am

Dear Humming Angel,

I don't know what this is. One thought is that you have a sleep disorder such as sleep apnea where you stop breathing for a while. If this were the case, the dream is showing you that you need help before it causes heart problems. It probably would not hurt to seek out a doctor and ask if you can go through sleep testing to check for disorders.

Another thought that I have is that you are going through some spiritual and/or emotional transition wherein your deeper wiser self understands that your present self needs to "die" in order to grow into a better self. If this were the case, the child dying is also representing you, your inner child. Perhaps you need to allow this immature version of yourself die in order to allow your adult self to thrive and prosper.

Medicine does not cause dreams per se, it just sometimes enhances your ability to dream and remember the dreams. The dreams themselves will still have the same meaning.

Hope this helps,
Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
Dream, dream away
Magic in the air
Was magic in the air?
I believe, yes I believe
More I cannot say
What more can I say?---John Lennon
who looks insided, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike