Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Jerking awake when something touches my back in a dream.

Discuss sleep problems, insomnia, sleeping aids/medications, sleep apnea and tips on a better night's sleep. Do you or your mate snore? Do you sleep walk or sleep talk? Do you grind your teeth? Talk about your experiences here.

Jerking awake when something touches my back in a dream.

Postby LoganS12 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:00 pm

Occasionally I have dreams that end with someone or something touching my back (in most cases a zombie or monster or something). When the thing touches my back I jerk awake and my body jerks in a weird arc form from my back out, then I feel too uncomfortable to fall asleep for a while.

I could care less about the dream part of the equation, but is the jerking awake and my body freaking out something to be concerned about?
LoganS12
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Jerking awake when something touches my back in a dream.

Postby Sheena » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:14 pm

So your back is sensitive. Get a backscratcher to keep by the bed. Some in bed with you is fidgeting to disturb you. Until you face it you keep it subconscious.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Re: Jerking awake when something touches my back in a dream.

Postby TheVividDreamer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:05 pm

I used to do that when someone would try to wake me up or even when I realize that it's just a dream.
TheVividDreamer
Dream Child
Dream Child

Return to Sleeping Problems And Disorders